I'm so proud of my mum!

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Chloe_88

I'm so proud of my mum!

Post by Chloe_88 »

I'm so proud of my mum!

She worked long and hard to finish writing her 1st book!

With major personal ups and downs she still managed to finish the book, just 2 months past her set deadline.

At this moment it's going through all the necessary checks and after that it will be a print on demand.

It's about us as a family moving from the UK to the Netherlands, with no knowledge of the dutch language, and all the funny mishaps that came along with that!

All profits will go to Battersea Dogs & Cats Home, as that is where she got our first rescue dog (Sheba) from.

I'm so proud of my mum ! :D
fuzzywuzzy

I'm so proud of my mum!

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

awwhhh that's great Chloe. Well done to your mum. :)
along-for-the-ride

I'm so proud of my mum!

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Sounds interesting, Chloe. :)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Wandrin

I'm so proud of my mum!

Post by Wandrin »

Congrats to your mum!
Kathy Ellen

I'm so proud of my mum!

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Wonderful news Chloe!! Let us know the name of the book, and I will buy it.
Chloe_88

I'm so proud of my mum!

Post by Chloe_88 »

Kathy Ellen;1443675 wrote: Wonderful news Chloe!! Let us know the name of the book, and I will buy it.

Thanks Kathy Ellen ! :)

Considering we moved to the Netherlands, the name of the book is: "Windmills and Tulips".

She's still doing the last few bits and bobs to finish it off, spell checks etc... but i'll let you know when it gets published.
AnneBoleyn

I'm so proud of my mum!

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Great accomplishment. Good for her!
jones jones

I'm so proud of my mum!

Post by jones jones »

Congratulate you mom on my behalf Chloe ... Finishing a book is akin to giving birth, only it takes a lot longer than nine months for it to happen!
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
Oscar Namechange

I'm so proud of my mum!

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Chloe_88;1443641 wrote: I'm so proud of my mum!

She worked long and hard to finish writing her 1st book!

With major personal ups and downs she still managed to finish the book, just 2 months past her set deadline.

At this moment it's going through all the necessary checks and after that it will be a print on demand.

It's about us as a family moving from the UK to the Netherlands, with no knowledge of the dutch language, and all the funny mishaps that came along with that!

All profits will go to Battersea Dogs & Cats Home, as that is where she got our first rescue dog (Sheba) from.

I'm so proud of my mum ! :D Rightly so Chloe and congratulations to her and you.

I always believe the best books come from life experiences because they come from the heart.

I have started writing a book about my trial because for one, It was a life changing experience that opened many new doors for me but two, so much went on behind the scenes that has left me with a lifetime of anecdotes. It's likely to be an epic fail but I do have someone Interested In publishing It and has been advising me to write about that experience In a humorous context for some time. I needed to get the approval of my ' famous' defence lawyer because so much of the humour came from him and the scenario's he created. He's said ' It'll be a hoot ' so I have started putting pen to paper and as your Mum will no doubt testify, everyone thinks writing a book Is easy until you try to do It.

I wish your Mum every success and the donation to BDH Is commendable... I hope to be able to do something similar.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Chloe_88

I'm so proud of my mum!

Post by Chloe_88 »

Good luck Oscar! And yes she has said it sounded easy at first but got more difficult as she started writing it.

I got my stuff mixed up though.. Her 2nd book is going to be about all the dogs in our life, the profit of that book will be donated to BDH.

But as I have now raised the question; why not donate the profits of this book to BDH too? She is thinking of donating the profit of this book to BDH too..

She was just wondering if it made any sense donating the profits to BDH from a book that is not about dogs or cats.

I said; it's about family life, and our family included several dogs, so why not! Even if it didn't, why not donate it to BDH?

So she's thinking about it :D

Going to see my mum on saterday, as she said she needs some help with the cover etc. She's not quite happy with it yet, so I know what we'll be doing saterday afternoon!
Chloe_88

I'm so proud of my mum!

Post by Chloe_88 »

jones jones;1443741 wrote: Congratulate you mom on my behalf Chloe ... Finishing a book is akin to giving birth, only it takes a lot longer than nine months for it to happen!

Thanks JJ! i'll tell her :)

And yes it does take waaaay longer than 9 months. Took her way over 10 years.

She started on our very first computer, it crashed, no back up and everything was gone!

Then she restarted but got quite ill, she didn't have the energy to stay awake all day, let alone write a book!

I'm glad and proud that she picked it back up in 2012 and finished in 2013. I read every chapter after she finshed one, I could never wait for the next one to be sent to me. It is such a funny book that it brightened my day, and gave me that big fat laugh that I really needed in 2013..
Chloe_88

I'm so proud of my mum!

Post by Chloe_88 »

My mum's first book "Windmills and Tulips" is now available on amazon and createspace.

If anybody is interested the links are:

https://www.createspace.com/4437586

And

Windmills and Tulips: The true story of a family, the strange people they met and even stranger situations they found themselves in after moving to the Netherlands: Amazon.co.uk: Deborah Allen: Books

I'm so proud of my mum! :D
tabby

I'm so proud of my mum!

Post by tabby »

Wonderful, Chloe_88! What an adventure your parents set out on all those years ago and I'm looking forward to reading the book. I found it on the USA Amazon site too ~~~~~> Windmills and Tulips: A story of one family the strange people and even stanger situations they find themsleves in after moving abroad: Deborah Allen: 9781492389583: Amazon.com: Books
Chloe_88

I'm so proud of my mum!

Post by Chloe_88 »

tabby;1444219 wrote: Wonderful, Chloe_88! What an adventure your parents set out on all those years ago and I'm looking forward to reading the book. I found it on the USA Amazon site too ~~~~~> Windmills and Tulips: A story of one family the strange people and even stanger situations they find themsleves in after moving abroad: Deborah Allen: 9781492389583: Amazon.com: Books

Thanks Tabby :D

i saw the US amazon site still has the description on there with all the typos :wah:

createspace said amazon US takes a little longer for the correction on that. But the book contents and cover is free of typos, its just the little description on the site that will be corrected soon! :wah: pfieuw we were all a bit worried then! I do advise not to drink tea (well anything) at the time of reading. My tea ended up everywhere except where it should have been :wah:

Return to “General Chit Chat”