The 'pissed off-ness' thread.

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Was trying to find a place to put this. Couldn't find one so I've made one up . Sorry if there is already one going.

Been having some financial difficulties lately but sat down to work everything out and decided to ring the electricity company to tell them what I can afford to pay. Apparently it's not enough and they tried to reject the payment. Apparently I have to pay $81 a fortnight and not the $60 I offered. (which at the moment is still stretching things) this is based on paying the present bill off and payment of future bills.

ummmmm..........anyone see a problem in that? Not only did they reject the queens tender which is considered a crime of treason.........but then decided to impliment my personal future finances. ..............Oh I don't think so!!!! I was just about to hang up and immediately call the Ombudsmans office. Because after I asked the all important question "Are you rejecting my payment of money for this bill" and I got back. "No we are not rejecting your money we are rejecting the amount you are paying"..........steam is coming out of my ears at this point!!!! "So you're not going to accept my money"?????

"I've already told you based on the average usage of previous bills you have to pay more."

" okay so when are you cutting my electricity off?"

"We're not cutting you off"

" But you won't accept my money, therefore the bill is not being payed and that leads to having the power cut off"

"So you want to pay $60?. I'll make arrangements for a short term three month basis payment of such.........In three months we'll review the situation."

"thankyou..................................." Holds grin on face.

:-5:-5:-5:-5:-5:-5:-5
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

OH and BTW this conversation was the third operator I spoke to. The first two I couldn't even understand.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

fuzzywuzzy;1444385 wrote: OH and BTW this conversation was the third operator I spoke to. The first two I couldn't even understand.

Yeah, I have a hard time understanding Aussies, too, sometimes.

Though they are not nearly as hard to understand as the folks in Bangalore
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I have a feeling that's exactly where they were.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Just a thought...

What about a pre-paid meter ?

Prepaid meters, Electricity, Water Meters & Prepaid Vending Solutions - Home

Not sure wether your companies do It but I know here, people on low Incomes who are In debt to the electricity board can put the debt on the meter and they pay back a small amount every time they top up.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I am just so pissed off at the new neighbors across the street from me. They never know when the garbage is put out. A simple phone call to the recycling ctr would solve this problem. They put their garbage out after it's picked up, and their garbage will be left there all week. Naturally the cats and seagulls pull it apart since it's not packed up right, and the garbage is scattered all over the place. They also place their electrical things on the curb instead of bringing them to the recycling ctr. Then the junk men tear them apart for parts and leave a mess. I haven't met them as they work long hours and park their cars in the backyard. People are complaining and hopefully they'll be more careful.

Guess my biggest complaint is cigarette butts all over the place. The snow in front of my home finally melted and there were tons of garbage and butts all over. Jaysus, I don't care if people smoke, but for flip sakes disposable of them properly. I'm just so sick of picking up other people's garbage.
Lady J

Post by Lady J »

Kathy Ellen;1444418 wrote: I am just so pissed off at the new neighbors across the street from me. They never know when the garbage is put out. A simple phone call to the recycling ctr would solve this problem. They put their garbage out after it's picked up, and their garbage will be left there all week. Naturally the cats and seagulls pull it apart since it's not packed up right, and the garbage is scattered all over the place. They also place their electrical things on the curb instead of bringing them to the recycling ctr. Then the junk men tear them apart for parts and leave a mess. I haven't met them as they work long hours and park their cars in the backyard. People are complaining and hopefully they'll be more careful.

Guess my biggest complaint is cigarette butts all over the place. The snow in front of my home finally melted and there were tons of garbage and butts all over. Jaysus, I don't care if people smoke, but for flip sakes disposable of them properly. I'm just so sick of picking up other people's garbage.

Kathy Ellen this does not sound like you so they must be really pissing you off! But then again this is the 'pissed off-ness thread!' :guitarist

You say they work a lot....leave them a note that you would like to stop by an introduce yourself....leave them a pamphlet on recycle & trash pick up days...are the cigarette butts theirs? Settle it up now so it is not an ongoing issue.
Oscar Namechange

Lady J;1444433 wrote: Kathy Ellen this does not sound like you so they must be really pissing you off! But then again this is the 'pissed off-ness thread!' :guitarist

You say they work a lot....leave them a note that you would like to stop by an introduce yourself....leave them a pamphlet on recycle & trash pick up days...are the cigarette butts theirs? Settle it up now so it is not an ongoing issue.

That's very good advice Lady J... and true, If you say something now, the resentment doesn't fester.

But then Kathy, at least you don't have a neighbour ( the one who abused my husbands kindness ) now throwing his poo out of his bedroom window. :wah: He's begun to crap In his waste paper bin In his room and when It gets full, he just empties It out of the window rather than just walk to his bathroom.

I think I'd rather have the sacks of garbage :wah:
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Lady J;1444433 wrote: Kathy Ellen this does not sound like you so they must be really pissing you off! But then again this is the 'pissed off-ness thread!' :guitarist

Thanks for your advice Lady J. There are 4 rentals across the street, and I'm not sure which ones are doing the polluting. I don't know these people as they're not around, so I think it best if the township handles this situation.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

oscar;1444440 wrote: That's very good advice Lady J... and true, If you say something now, the resentment doesn't fester.

But then Kathy, at least you don't have a neighbour ( the one who abused my husbands kindness ) now throwing his poo out of his bedroom window. :wah: He's begun to crap In his waste paper bin In his room and when It gets full, he just empties It out of the window rather than just walk to his bathroom.

I don't know how you're handling this situation with the old man Oscar. I would lose my mind if he lived on my block. Sounds like he's having medical issues like dementia. Is no one taking care of him...family or township?
Chloe_88

Post by Chloe_88 »

oscar;1444440 wrote: He's begun to crap In his waste paper bin In his room and when It gets full, he just empties It out of the window rather than just walk to his bathroom.

How? what the? why would someone throw their poo out of the window?!?!?!

The thing with the payments, tell me about it!

Last year, my health insurance popped a big bill on me. I told them I only had 70 euro left to eat for a whole month. The girl turned round and said: okay well we can take monthly payments of 60 euro's then.

I was so angry.. I just told them i had to feed 2 people on 70 euro per month, and they wanted 60 euro of that?!?!

Not to mention i was so angry because the insurance people landed me with this bill because the GP had declared the type of health care provided wrongly.. Long story.. I can't prove it so therefore i have to pay
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Kathy Ellen;1444448 wrote: I don't know how you're handling this situation with the old man Oscar. I would lose my mind if he lived on my block. Sounds like he's having medical issues like dementia. Is no one taking care of him...family or township?

Oh, please don't get her started on that clown, again.

He needs to be hauled away to the lockup.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Oscar Namechange

Kathy Ellen;1444448 wrote: I don't know how you're handling this situation with the old man Oscar. I would lose my mind if he lived on my block. Sounds like he's having medical issues like dementia. Is no one taking care of him...family or township? The one who abused my husbands help Kathy Is not the old man we cook for... the one who's now throwing his poo out of the window Is just 57 years old and extremely manipulative and clever. No dementia there. He's about to be evicted from his home because his wife has divorced him and has bought out his share of the house. Rather than get his own place and pay his own bills, he's orchestrating the NHS Into taking him Into care where he thinks he'll be pandered to.... The throwing the poo out of the window Is quite clever because already 4 neighbours of his have gone to social services.... so he's being very manipulative. Meanwhile, It's best to take an umbrella when walking past his house. :yh_rotfl

Chloe.... several years ago when I couldn't work after my surgery, we opted for pre-paid electricity and gas meters as a means of budgeting. Now, I would never go back to quarterly bills. I top my keys up at the Post office once a month when I get paid and I know, no horrible bill or nasty surprise will pop through the door every quarter. I also get a very nice rebate at Christmas every year,
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

so.............here's the thing!!! I cancelled my internet connection because I wasn't using it because my puter broke. . yep all's good, cancelled it thinking i will put it on again when my puter is up and running again . But the problem is I was on the old technology (whipple?) ...so anyway i will never have internet at my place again because under the brand new technology it doesn't reach me . ............yep that's right one day you have internet broadband...........the next you have nothing .......zilch.......Nudda.

Hooray for our Gubberment!!! Australian Technology eh? gotta love it.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Doctors!!!!!! Can't live with em' can't do without them.

Went to my GP (well not mine he's left to go work somewhere else) another one at the same clinic. GGGRRRR!!!!

I've had a couple of major health issues in the last two years.(surgerys stuff like that) Real medical issues.

I was waiting for a report to come through from the osteopath. I was also there because my arm kept swelling up and I now have to go have a ultrasound. But meanwhile I've had a reaction to the drug Mobic.

Now could someone tell me why the doctor has asked about my periods and my general mood? Please don't tell me that this idiot is putting all my health into the "womens issues" basket!!!! I may actually have a mood swing and go ballistic!!!!! If this is the case.

and may I ask why women can't have normal 'stress' issues...why does it all have to be about hormones?

Return to “General Chit Chat”