God and Consciousness.

Mickiel

God and Consciousness.

Post by Mickiel »

Mickiel;1071249 wrote: When the bible states that we will be " Like God", part of what that means is consciousness.

We think, we plan, we reason, we understand and we create. We also pro-create. All this we get from God. In these manners we are like God, these are his image. I think its highly possible that we are also in the form and shape of God, meaning God may have arms and legs, a head and torso, feet and hands. Its highly possible, but he may have other things as well. Wings or more than one head. He may have human and animal features, dragon like features. I just don't know. He may have none of these.

God is said to have seven Spirits, it says so in Revelations. Everything that has a Spirit, has a head to go with it, if you examine all of creation. So its highly possible that since God has seven Spirits, he may have seven heads as well. More than one head may seem unsightly in the human relm, but in the Spirit relm, it may denote greatness.

So God could possibily have upwards of seven different consciousness, all in one being. Which would be quite something, and may well explain his awesome power.

Peace.
Mickiel

God and Consciousness.

Post by Mickiel »

Mickiel;1071371 wrote:

God is said to have seven Spirits, it says so in Revelations. Everything that has a Spirit, has a head to go with it, if you examine all of creation. So its highly possible that since God has seven Spirits, he may have seven heads as well. More than one head may seem unsightly in the human relm, but in the Spirit relm, it may denote greatness.

So God could possibily have upwards of seven different consciousness, all in one being. Which would be quite something, and may well explain his awesome power.

Peace.

Imagine, just in speculation, an awesome being that has 7 different consciousness, and any one of them, is the most powerful thing in existrance. But there are 7 of them, combined in a great unity , inside of one being. Different than compartmentalization, but 7 distinct living powerful consciousness, minds in effect, each superior and unlimited in any scope.

The 7 Spirits of God, or 7 powers that be, which form what God is. The Great Dragon, awesome power personified, creator of all things, beyond all things, but yet in all things.

Seven, or complettion, fullness, unified and ultimate coherence.

So I want to get a little more into Gods consciousness.

Peace.
Mickiel

God and Consciousness.

Post by Mickiel »

God, being the beginning and the end, or Alpha and omega, I think has to do with his multi-consciousness. God is said to be Omnipresent, or everywhere at the same time. With him having multi consciousness, he could extend any one of his consciousness into the past, present or future, and leave it there. And let it always stay there, thus he would always exist there. Thus he will be omnipresent. He could do this in any reality. He first creates the reality, or the area of existence, then leave one of his " Spirits there", or his consciousness there. So no matter what occurs there, he is always there.

The bible states that the eyes of the Lord are everywhere, beholding both Good and Evil.

This is how God is omnipresent and all powerful, his consciousness is everywhere. This also explains his ability to predestine all things. Its how he knows what will be, because he has consciousness in the past, present and future, all at the same time.

And I want to get into that.

Peace.
Mickiel

God and Consciousness.

Post by Mickiel »

God extended his consciousness into the future, his consciousness designed the future, shaped the future and maintains the future, this is how God is already in the future. He created the future, thus he knows it. He is aware of whats going to happen, because he made it to happen. It will go only according to his will and Power.

The Sun gos up and down, because God has willed it to do that. The earth rotates on its axis because God set it in that pattern, and God knows what that patteren is, just as he knows what the future is, because he has already preset the future to unfold according to his will.

Peace.
Singh-Song

God and Consciousness.

Post by Singh-Song »

God is said to have seven Spirits, it says so in Revelations. Everything that has a Spirit, has a head to go with it, if you examine all of creation. So its highly possible that since God has seven Spirits, he may have seven heads as well. More than one head may seem unsightly in the human relm, but in the Spirit relm, it may denote greatness.:confused:

Sorry, isn't Satan supposed to be the guy with 7 heads? I don't get it...
Singh-Song

God and Consciousness.

Post by Singh-Song »

God extended his consciousness into the future, his consciousness designed the future, shaped the future and maintains the future, this is how God is already in the future. He created the future, thus he knows it. He is aware of whats going to happen, because he made it to happen. It will go only according to his will and Power.

The Sun gos up and down, because God has willed it to do that. The earth rotates on its axis because God set it in that pattern, and God knows what that pattern is, just as he knows what the future is, because he has already preset the future to unfold according to his will.
:-2

If all of existence, every individual action and thought is solely willed and pre-determined by God, if everything will unfold according to his will, then how can we live in a sinful world if God's will is not sinful? Why should heaven and hell exist, if our actions are not our own to be judged upon? Surely, if the sins we have to atone for are God's will, directly attributable to him, then judging humanity in any way would be inherently hypocritical? Why, indeed, should there have been a need for Earth to continue to exist after Jesus' ascension- unless we possess free will, and our actions are indeed our own to continue to be judged by?
Mickiel

God and Consciousness.

Post by Mickiel »

Singh-Song;1126415 wrote: :-2

If all of existence, every individual action and thought is solely willed and pre-determined by God, if everything will unfold according to his will, then how can we live in a sinful world if God's will is not sinful? Quote

Gods own will is not sinful, but his will predetermined that there be sin, or believe me, sin would never have existed. Nothing exist that God has not willed to exist. Gods will has included sin to be a part of " Human existence", not a part of his " Personal characther." The two are complettely seperate.

Why should heaven and hell exist, if our actions are not our own to be judged upon? Quote

Exactly, and correct. Thats why hell does not exist.

Surely, if the sins we have to atone for are God's will, directly attributable to him, then judging humanity in any way would be inherently hypocritical? Why, indeed, should there have been a need for Earth to continue to exist after Jesus' ascension- unless we possess free will, and our actions are indeed our own to continue to be judged by?

Again correct. God has NOT come to judge humanity in the manner in which we have been taught. We do not have to atone for the sins that Jesus died and atoned for. Free will is meaningless, we are not judghed by our will, we are simply beneficarys of Christ death on the cross.

Salvaqtion is ALL about what Jesus has done, NOT what we do.

Peace.
Singh-Song

God and Consciousness.

Post by Singh-Song »

Salvation is ALL about what Jesus has done, NOT what we do.

In other words, every mass murderer and perverted sex offender has as much right as the most devout monk or priest, and I don't know about you, but that strikes me as somewhat unfair. If we were supposedly all beneficiaries of Christ's death on the cross for the past two thousand years, then again, why do we live in a world of increasing decadence and sin? This is the fundamental flaw of the Christian concept of God, that we are all atoned for in advance- in which case, why bother going through the torture of life if a better existence awaits on the other side regardless? Why not simply kill yourself now, and go straight to heaven in an instant? I too worship one God, but Sikhi teaches that it is through our deeds on this earth that we attain salvation. After all, for anyone who beleives in a better afterlife, what purpose could this world, and the trials and tribulations we go through in our terms here, then serve if not as a test of some kind?
Mickiel

God and Consciousness.

Post by Mickiel »

Singh-Song;1126663 wrote: In other words, every mass murderer and perverted sex offender has as much right as the most devout monk or priest, and I don't know about you, but that strikes me as somewhat unfair. Quote

Every massmurderer and pervert needs God just as much as you do. They need forgiveness, they need Love, they need Salvation, and perhaps moreso than these so called monks and priest do. And God is going to give salvation to them. You may not, others who are as righteous as you may not, but God will.

Because sinners need Salvation to.

Quote;

If we were supposedly all beneficiaries of Christ's death on the cross for the past two thousand years, then again, why do we live in a world of increasing decadence and sin? Quote

Because God willed it to be so.

Quote;

This is the fundamental flaw of the Christian concept of God, that we are all atoned for in advance- in which case, why bother going through the torture of life if a better existence awaits on the other side regardless? Why not simply kill yourself now, and go straight to heaven in an instant?Quote;

I am not Christian, and I hold to none of their doctrines or flaws. Your really asking why should we live our lives as God planned it to be, why not skip Gods plans for our existance, and just get right to the afterlife. Well , we are not in control, its going to get done as God has willed it to play out. Why God has willed that we live through this human flesh experience first, I have very little ideals.

I too worship one God, but Sikhi teaches that it is through our deeds on this earth that we attain salvation. After all, for anyone who beleives in a better afterlife, what purpose could this world, and the trials and tribulations we go through in our terms here, then serve if not as a test of some kind?

Well such is your belief. I do not see salvation as something that can be earned by human behavior. That would effectively doom at least upwards of 90% of humanity. Why would a God make a doomed plan like that?

Peace.
Singh-Song

God and Consciousness.

Post by Singh-Song »

Every massmurderer and pervert needs God just as much as you do. They need forgiveness, they need Love, they need Salvation, and perhaps moreso than these so called monks and priest do. And God is going to give salvation to them. You may not, others who are as righteous as you may not, but God will.

Because sinners need Salvation too.

Yes, they do, but does it stand that a man who commits the most heinous of crimes in the 'crusader' mentality, under the warped belief that his actions are a sign of his faith in God, should be welcomed into heaven with open arms without once even feeling the slightest bit of remorse for his crimes? Should salvation be unconditional for those whose actions and intentions show that they only wish to reap damnation?

Well such is your belief. I do not see salvation as something that can be earned by human behavior. That would effectively doom at least upwards of 90% of humanity. Why would a God make a doomed plan like that?

Because, first the percentage of those who are 'effectively doomed' depends on the assumed height of the bar. Also, while I admittedly have one or two issues with the finer details, Sikhi also believes in reincarnation, with the only route of release from this infinite cycle of rebirth into what could effectively be described as heaven. Viewed in this light, with every soul starting from a clean slate each time regardless of how much sin may have been committed in a previous attempt, this is a continuous display of God's limitless forgiveness. Over the course of time, everyone would be virtually guaranteed their eventual place.

p.s, sorry if the tone has become somewhat- evangelical...
Mickiel

God and Consciousness.

Post by Mickiel »

Singh-Song;1131194 wrote: Yes, they do, but does it stand that a man who commits the most heinous of crimes in the 'crusader' mentality, under the warped belief that his actions are a sign of his faith in God, should be welcomed into heaven with open arms without once even feeling the slightest bit of remorse for his crimes? Should salvation be unconditional for those whose actions and intentions show that they only wish to reap damnation?

Because, first the percentage of those who are 'effectively doomed' depends on the assumed height of the bar. Also, while I admittedly have one or two issues with the finer details, Sikhi also believes in reincarnation, with the only route of release from this infinite cycle of rebirth into what could effectively be described as heaven. Viewed in this light, with every soul starting from a clean slate each time regardless of how much sin may have been committed in a previous attempt, this is a continuous display of God's limitless forgiveness. Over the course of time, everyone would be virtually guaranteed their eventual place.

p.s, sorry if the tone has become somewhat- evangelical...

The " Assumed height of the bar", is evidence that your belief is measuring out Salvation to only those who deserve it. Since you are measuring, you then measure how much " Sin and evil is going to be allowed", so those who cross the line, just won't get salvation in your view.

Under this kind of system, humans can be effectively " Canceled out", for not bearing up to the standards your belief sets.

The God I believe in is not like that..He only required his Son to reach his standards, which his son did. I wouldnot be in a religion that required such standards that most people couldnot keep. Such religions create high minded self righteous extremist. The kind who are " Greedy with the future of humanity", and seek to limit it to only being filled with such self righteous people as themselves.

Peace.
Singh-Song

God and Consciousness.

Post by Singh-Song »

The " Assumed height of the bar", is evidence that your belief is measuring out Salvation to only those who deserve it. Since you are measuring, you then measure how much " Sin and evil is going to be allowed", so those who cross the line, just won't get salvation in your view.

Under this kind of system, humans can be effectively " Canceled out", for not bearing up to the standards your belief sets.

The God I believe in is not like that..He only required his Son to reach his standards, which his son did. I wouldnot be in a religion that required such standards that most people couldnot keep. Such religions create high minded self righteous extremist. The kind who are " Greedy with the future of humanity", and seek to limit it to only being filled with such self righteous people as themselves.

Peace.

If you really want 'peace', then why is it that every reply you've posted seems to be focused primarily on disrespecting my religion? Have you actually understood anything I've said? :-5 You're saying that such religions create high minded self-righteous extremists. What does your mystery faith (given that you claim not to follow Christianity, yet still repeatedly cite the sacrifice of God's only Son as the sole reason for the entirety of humanity's salvation- care to explain that to me?), create in its own philosophy that 'we are all guaranteed our place in heaven by the Grace of God', condoning any lifestyle or action if the individual so chooses? :( Answer- even greater levels of extremism, but with its extremists advocating the abolition of all standards, rules and the notion of any consequences for their actions. Why do you think the fastest growing 'religion' in the western world today is Atheism? Because if Christianity is just a set of rules we're supposed to live by, but hey, there's nothing we can do to jeopardise our graduation, why bother with the effort of doing any work at all? Why turn up for classes? Let's run havoc in the corridors, let's get our excrement and shove it in the teachers' faces until they choke on it. Skip school altogether, party all night and all day long, get pissed, stoned, laid, who cares? Not God, 'cause my diploma's already been lying signed and laminated on his desk for the last two thousand years! He doesn't care what I do! :rolleyes: The school of thought you advocate preaches that the single most valuable prize attainable, infinite happiness and contentment for the rest of eternity, doesn't even have to be earned, can't even be forfeited, but is some kind of human right set in stone for Monk, Atheist Hedonist, and High Priest of Satan alike. The 'God you believe in' would have to be perhaps the most lazy, incompetent and, by choosing not to discriminate between those who extol and those who openly break the rules which he supposedly delivered to mankind in person, most discriminatory figures conceivable, and I believe that claiming God's nature to be so is nothing short of blasphemy :mad:. It is because of views like yours that the Western, and indeed the entire World in general, is in moral freefall today; and we just keep snipping away at that parachute...
Mickiel

God and Consciousness.

Post by Mickiel »

[QUOTE=Singh-Song;

and I believe that claiming God's nature to be so is nothing short of blasphemy :mad:. It is because of views like yours that the Western, and indeed the entire World in general, is in moral freefall today; and we just keep snipping away at that parachute...

I have no religion, I need none. Religion is not required by God to benefit from his Nature. This is the Nature of the God I seek; He is Kind, Joyful, Loving, Peaceful, Patient, Good, Longsuffering, Gentle and has perfect Self Control. All these are his Nature, and these things at the highest levels possible.

And all these are the reasons why all of humanity will be saved.

The world is in a moral freefall because thats what God wanted it to do. Not because humans are evil, but because God created evil and exposed humans to it.

Any religion that does not see this, is simply useless. I, in fact, consider every religion on earth useless, not just yours.

And I think God considers them meaningless also.

Peace.
Singh-Song

God and Consciousness.

Post by Singh-Song »

The world is in a moral freefall because thats what God wanted it to do. Not because humans are evil, but because God created evil and exposed humans to it.

Any religion that does not see this, is simply useless. I, in fact, consider every religion on earth useless, not just yours.

Okay then, if God is Himself responsible for evil's creation, how can it be possible for Him to have all of the values you list in infinite abundance at the same time? He has the best moral values imaginable, but somehow wants the world to be in moral decline? You believe He created evil, and is thereby directly responsible for every sin and evil that ever has or ever will be perpetrated, but that He is perfectly Good, somehow utterly pure and sinless in spite of this? :confused: Everything you say is a contradiction, a polar opposite which negates another ultimate value you attribute to Him. In other words, what you are saying is that your concept of God's nature is whatever you find to be most 'useful' for your purposes at the time. God is nothing but a convenient figurehead to you, justifying whatever you want, denouncing whatever you don't. God is not a fictional character to construct as you wish, and He is not some kind of djinni-type slave available at the rub of a lamp, existing only to be of service; not for humanity, and definitely not for your warped agenda alone. Stop treating Him like one!

I have no religion, I need none. Religion is not required by God to benefit from his Nature. This is the Nature of the God I seek; He is Kind, Joyful, Loving, Peaceful, Patient, Good, Longsuffering, Gentle and has perfect Self Control. All these are his Nature, and these things at the highest levels possible.

And all these are the reasons why all of humanity will be saved.

And this kind of freeloading attitude is exactly what I voiced my opinion on in my last post on this forum. Your attitude towards God is like that of most white middle-class Americans have with regard to their parents. The mother gave birth to you, and yet you never listen to a word, do whatever you want with whoever you want regardless of her opinions, ignore her advice, spit in the face of her love for you, refusing to show any form of gratitude because it is your right. You have abandoned religion completely, dumped the woman in an old folks' home and decided never to visit her again, limiting what little contact you have with her to a few minutes a week over the phone. Because She is a kind, gentle, joyful, patient, peaceful, loving soul, you don't care about making her happy, making no attempt to live by the code she would wish or to aspire towards her virtues. All you have ever cared about is how much you can bleed from her, and the reward you get in the will for your occasional lip-service, driven solely by the sin of Greed. You have no real place in your heart for God, and as you are too steadfast in your selfish ways, most likely never will. Do you think God only hears the words, that He/She is blind to the real emotion in your heart, the vice in your thoughts? Be certain, true repentance takes more than simply saying the words out loud in a 'prayer'. If you continue your pre-planned course of waiting until your deathbed to plead forgiveness, I can virtually guarantee that, in the selfish purpose of your intentions, it will already be too late to earn it.

So, yes, I wish you peace. But as long as you keep your contemptuous attitude and egotistical beliefs, eternal life and happiness will always be a step too far...
Mickiel

God and Consciousness.

Post by Mickiel »

Singh-Song;1134483 wrote:

So, yes, I wish you peace. But as long as you keep your contemptuous attitude and egotistical beliefs, eternal life and happiness will always be a step too far...

Well I wish you Peace also. I am not a white man, I am a Black Man. And I see God totally different than you, that much is obvious. As far as your prediction that eternal life and happiness will always be a step too far from me, you do not control eternal life, thus your doomful views of my future, are meaningless to me.

It is not up to your views , what becomes of me.

And I would want no part of a religion that teaches people to doom others future, with their opinions.

Still, Peace to you. May you fare well.
Mickiel

God and Consciousness.

Post by Mickiel »

We can only be conscious of, those things we are conscious of. We can only understand those things we understand. And I wanted to go back over God and Consciousness.

A thrilling topic; yet a mystery. This image of God.
Mickiel

God and Consciousness.

Post by Mickiel »

In my view its academic that consciousness can only breed consciousness; or that life can only come from life. I simply never have believed that life and consciousness came from death or absolute nothing.

I can't get to that; my consciousness cannot wrap itself around such torrid attacks on truth and reality.

I cannot see " Thinking", being born from " Not Thinking." Thats just not wrapped too tight; and no disrespect intended for those who obviously do see this strange origin of the nothing.

Consciousness is in no manner related to " The Nothing." It is impossible to compare consciousness to nothing; and then try to claim it came from nothing; when nothing at all proves that, when nothing ties the two together, and they have absolutely nothing to do with each other; no matter how much time you try and place in evolution between them.
Mickiel

God and Consciousness.

Post by Mickiel »

We can only be conscious of, those things we are conscious of;

but then there is God.
Singh-Song

God and Consciousness.

Post by Singh-Song »

Sorry Mickiel, but is this- the whole of the religious discussions forum- a place for social threads or is it just your personal blog? Because I think I speak for several of us when I say that it is really hard to tell...
Mickiel

God and Consciousness.

Post by Mickiel »

Singh-Song;1445856 wrote: Sorry Mickiel, but is this a thread or a blog? Because I'm really finding it hard to tell...

Why would people be making comments or asking questions on a blog? Why would you ask your question on a blog? No you are trying to manipulate things to suit your own complaints; you don't like something, but rather than approach me with what you don't like, your trying to create a manipulation that will fit your gripe.
Singh-Song

God and Consciousness.

Post by Singh-Song »

Look at the forum, Mickiel. How many of the threads aren't yours? How many of the last posts aren't yours? How often do you post on the threads in this forum, and when was the last time you actually acknowledged any of the comments or questions anyone's made on any of your threads? Face it, Mickiel; you put your threads together, and they'd qualify as a blog already. Personally, I'd advise making it into one- if you have the readership for your threads, you can let them know where the blog address'll be and take them with you. And if it's popular enough, you can collect advertising revenue from it, maybe even donations to support your efforts. Everyone wins...
Mickiel

God and Consciousness.

Post by Mickiel »

Singh-Song;1445866 wrote: Look at the forum, Mickiel. How many of the threads aren't yours? How many of the last posts aren't yours? How often do you post on the threads in this forum, and when was the last time you actually acknowledged any of the comments or questions anyone's made on any of your threads? Face it, Mickiel; you put your threads together, and they'd qualify as a blog already. Personally, I'd advise making it into one- if you have the readership for your threads, you can let them know where the blog address'll be and take them with you. And if it's popular enough, you can collect advertising revenue from it, maybe even donations to support your efforts. Everyone wins...

I hold no interest in your revenue ideas, what I do, I do absolutely free. If you don't like me or my threads, my suggestion is that you ignore them.

Return to “General Religious Discussions”