A Formal Request

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
AnneBoleyn

A Formal Request

Post by AnneBoleyn »

So, is locking the thread the way to go about it? I've never made a complaint such as this before. Why don't you aid me by putting through my complaint to the Proper Channels. I give you my permission to pass this on to the powers that be. Then it will be proper.

Also, you did not answer my question as to whether or not you & Mickiel had an agreement as to the amount of threads he would do consecutively.

Would you allow the subject of religion to denigrate race? By allowing this thread you are approving misogyny & bad intent on the part of the author who is deliberately intending to inflame.

Will you lock this thread too, Herr LarsMac?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Lars Mac, a promise broken?

Mickiel has 5 threads running consecutively. Didn't you have him limit himself to 3 at one time? Didn't he agree to that? Perhaps I'm mistaken.

I would like to complain of his current thread, offensive to women. If the theme were blacks being subject to the rule of whites, would that be permitted?

No Mickiel, you AssHat, I did not read this new thread, just noted a few words by skimming & fuzzy's comments.

I propose this thread be taken down. I propose it is you talking to yourself with the intent to inflame & offend."

LarsMac: "There is a process here for dealing with posts and threads you find offensive.

This is not the way to go about it."
AnneBoleyn

A Formal Request

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Well, I just took a look around, did not see the sludge designed to offend more than half the human race, so I thank you, O Mighty Powers That Be. ;-)
Oscar Namechange

A Formal Request

Post by Oscar Namechange »

AnneBoleyn;1454413 wrote: Well, I just took a look around, did not see the sludge designed to offend more than half the human race, so I thank you, O Mighty Powers That Be. ;-)

Lars was right Anne In that there Is a procedure. When you see a post that offends you,

click on the triangle at the bottom on the left hand side. It will then give the opportunity to make a report.

That report then goes to The Green room where It's discussed by Moderators and Green members.

I'm guessing Lars locked your thread to avoid a repeat of the ' Ban Mikiel' thread where It gave others the chance to gang up on him.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Mickiel

A Formal Request

Post by Mickiel »

Well I apoligise if the thread is offensive, I had no idea it would be. Its a history of God's curse on Adam and Eve, which is in the bible for all to see. It explains why women have been submissive in history, and it was not my twisting or perverting of the bible, its right there for any to read. Now others may not like this history, but I was not the writer of this history, not the cause of it, nor have I misrepresented it.

I simply was explaining it. I thought it of interest. And I never agreed to not start more than 2 threads on site, I agreed to not start more than 2 threads in the religious section, and I have upheld that agreement. If I start a thread that gains no interest, I will stop working on the thread; and if I start one that is offensive, I will stop working on that as well. I see the Eve thread is gone, so its done and I again offer my regret and apology at the offense, which was never my intent.

I don't understand people being offended at true history???
Mickiel

A Formal Request

Post by Mickiel »

AnneBoleyn;1454410 wrote:

No Mickiel, you AssHat, I did not read this new thread, just noted a few words by skimming & fuzzy's comments.

."

You did not even take the time to read the thread, only someone's opinion about it, and you want it closed. I don't understand that. You call me " Asshat"; insult me yet again, and ask again that one of my threads be closed, and you seek to limit me here. You compliment my views on some days, then hate me on the others.

And you want others to think its me with the problem.

I don't insult you and call you names and express hatred toward you and seek to limit you and get your threads closed or get you banned; yet you have done all these things to me.

And you think I have a problem.

Even now the hatred you have for me germinates within you, and at times you try to respect some things I say. This mixture within you is volatile and unstable.

But hey, do you're thing; start another witch hunt and try and get rid of something you don't know how to handle.

Envy and jealousy and hatred do not get people banned; breaking the rules does. And you're hatred of me, does not cause me to break rules.
Oscar Namechange

A Formal Request

If you are that offended Anne by his threads and posts, why do you enter them ?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Mickiel

A Formal Request

Post by Mickiel »

Oscar Mate;1454431 wrote: If you are that offended Anne by his threads and posts, why do you enter them ?

I think she enters because she is attracted to them, I just don't know the reasons she is attracted; but I have my suspicions. We can be attracted to things that we disagree with; some things in religion attracts me, although I disagree with religion. I have been attracted to women that I disagree with. I disagree with politics, but some of its dynamics attract me.

Often with me, in my personal view, some Atheist struggle with me; because my views are strong, attractive and enduring; and to " Some of them", that is a threat they don't know how to handle.

So they try to get rid of it; which I understand. If you can't handle it or control it or embarrass it, then get rid of it.
Oscar Namechange

A Formal Request

Mickiel;1454451 wrote:

So they try to get rid of it; which I understand. If you can't handle it or control it or embarrass it, then get rid of it. Oh you'll never know how true those words are Sir.
Mickiel

A Formal Request

Post by Mickiel »

Oscar Mate;1454454 wrote: Oh you'll never know how true those words are Sir.

Well I think they are true . In fact, it was you're thread " You Men", which inspired me to start one on women. Everyone here knows I view things through a biblical perspective, so I began the thread from that direction. This is nothing new or nothing I made up, its biblical and its history. But I am accused of offending women; its weird, but I know its how it is here. I been picked on for it quite a bit, but I understand the motivation behind all of it; these views are not liked here by many, not shared by any, and they would like nothing better than to rid themselves of it.

Which I think is just a matter of time.

So I write and express until that time comes.

You enjoy the freedom of starting as many threads as you please, I cannot have that freedom, because I get far too much attention on threads, and far too many disagree with me; so I am treated different than you and must be contained.
Oscar Namechange

A Formal Request

Mickiel;1454456 wrote: Well I think they are true . In fact, it was you're thread " You Men", which inspired me to start one on women. Everyone here knows I view things through a biblical perspective, so I began the thread from that direction. This is nothing new or nothing I made up, its biblical and its history. But I am accused of offending women; its weird, but I know its how it is here. I been picked on for it quite a bit, but I understand the motivation behind all of it; these views are not liked here by many, not shared by any, and they would like nothing better than to rid themselves of it.

Which I think is just a matter of time.

So I write and express until that time comes. That's a very good point. Women have been ridiculing men since the dawning of time, only some women get a bit touchy when men do likewise.
Mickiel

A Formal Request

Post by Mickiel »

Oscar Mate;1454457 wrote: That's a very good point. Women have been ridiculing men since the dawning of time, only some women get a bit touchy when men do likewise.

Well yes, on the Eve thread, I was not ridiculing women, I was going over the history of it. But those who dislike me, took opportunity to jump on it and create diversion to THEIR point of interpretation of the thread, calling it offensive. Well of course how women have been treated in history is offensive, but I did not offend, I simply stated the offenses and why they even exist.

But it was one of the best derailing of my threads that I have seen, and it worked. They got it snatched. And they will do it again.
Oscar Namechange

A Formal Request

Mickiel;1454458 wrote: Well yes, on the Eve thread, I was not ridiculing women, I was going over the history of it. But those who dislike me, took opportunity to jump on it and create diversion to THEIR point of interpretation of the thread, calling it offensive. Well of course how women have been treated in history is offensive, but I did not offend, I simply stated the offenses and why they even exist.

But it was one of the best derailing of my threads that I have seen, and it worked. They got it snatched. And they will do it again. Just carry on as you are. I've not seen anyone else complain about your threads. You'll never please all of the people all of the time.
Mickiel

A Formal Request

Post by Mickiel »

Oscar Mate;1454460 wrote: Just carry on as you are. I've not seen anyone else complain about your threads. You'll never please all of the people all of the time.

Well that's true, and I am not trying to please any of them. I know how it is, what is going on; but its my cross to bear.

I am not in this to get treated fairly; I expect this kind of thing.

Peace on your journey.
Oscar Namechange

A Formal Request

Mickiel;1454461 wrote: Well that's true, and I am not trying to please any of them. I know how it is, what is going on; but its my cross to bear.

I am not in this to get treated fairly; I expect this kind of thing.

Peace on your journey. And you Sir
fuzzywuzzy

A Formal Request

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Mickiel;1454416 wrote: Well I apoligise if the thread is offensive, I had no idea it would be. Its a history of God's curse on Adam and Eve, which is in the bible for all to see. It explains why women have been submissive in history, and it was not my twisting or perverting of the bible, its right there for any to read. Now others may not like this history, but I was not the writer of this history, not the cause of it, nor have I misrepresented it.

I simply was explaining it. I thought it of interest. And I never agreed to not start more than 2 threads on site, I agreed to not start more than 2 threads in the religious section, and I have upheld that agreement. If I start a thread that gains no interest, I will stop working on the thread; and if I start one that is offensive, I will stop working on that as well. I see the Eve thread is gone, so its done and I again offer my regret and apology at the offense, which was never my intent.

I don't understand people being offended at true history???

OMG pretends to be sorry then starts the whole blarstid thing here too. We have have ourselves a little psychopath
AnneBoleyn

A Formal Request

Post by AnneBoleyn »

fuzzywuzzy;1454464 wrote: OMG pretends to be sorry then starts the whole blarstid thing here too. We have have ourselves a little psychopath

Don't forget the psychopath Enabler, fuzz. Makes a great team.
fuzzywuzzy

A Formal Request

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Oscar Mate;1454457 wrote: That's a very good point. Women have been ridiculing men since the dawning of time, only some women get a bit touchy when men do likewise.

They didn't make ridiiculing into law to oppress, based on the incessent ramblings of priest types and the spaghetti monster who are only there to keep regurgitating this crap and constantly reminding men of why and how they should behave toward women, ...but it's not their fault they are made that way!!!

If you don't find his thread insulting then you're not thinking enough. His reasoning is even flawed . A freaking curse? FFS!!! Then to blame it on god?

Yep the old ..It's not my fault god made me do it!!!
Oscar Namechange

A Formal Request

fuzzywuzzy;1454468 wrote: They didn't make ridiiculing into law to oppress, based on the incessent ramblings of priest types and the spaghetti monster who are only there to keep regurgitating this crap and constantly reminding men of why and how they should behave toward women, ...but it's not their fault they are made that way!!!

If you don't find his thread insulting then you're not thinking enough. His reasoning is even flawed . A freaking curse? FFS!!! Then to blame it on god?

Yep the old ..It's not my fault god made me do it!!! We have been all through this with Anne and Mikiel before.... As I wrote back then, with no offence to him at all, his threads don't Interest me so I stay out of them as I am sure some of my threads are of no Interest to him.

I just can't see why all the brow beating over him. Let him do his thing as he let's others do there thing.
Oscar Namechange

A Formal Request

AnneBoleyn;1454466 wrote: Don't forget the psychopath Enabler, fuzz. Makes a great team. Sorry If I don't hate the people you hate Anne.
AnneBoleyn

A Formal Request

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Let him do his thing as he let's others do there thing.

Except. His thing is uneducated & ignorant. Self-ramblings. It's impossible to have a discussion with this human. Peace on your journey.
AnneBoleyn

A Formal Request

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Oscar Mate;1454471 wrote: Sorry If I don't hate the people you hate Anne.

Now why would I waste my precious mind hating him? And why would I need you to join me? No need to apologize. Dear.
Oscar Namechange

A Formal Request

AnneBoleyn;1454473 wrote: Let him do his thing as he let's others do there thing.

Except. His thing is uneducated & ignorant. Self-ramblings. It's impossible to have a discussion with this human. Peace on your journey. But Anne, wouldn't It be a tedious world If we were all the same ? The forum Is here for everyone. Can't we all share? We've had worse here.... Thetruthisnevertoohorrible for example.

You can't poke the cage with a stick and not expect the bear to claw you.
AnneBoleyn

A Formal Request

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Oscar Mate;1454475 wrote: But Anne, wouldn't It be a tedious world If we were all the same ? The forum Is here for everyone. Can't we all share? We've had worse here.... Thetruthisnevertoohorrible for example.

You can't poke the cage with a stick and not expect the bear to claw you.

It would indeed be a tedious world if we all thought the same. That's not the issue. It's this particular personality & the shameless way of expression---uneducated, ignorant, non erudite, without wisdom; living in a world all his own, his righteousness & everyone else's wrongness.

In the Ban thread you refer to, most of our people disagreed with me. Almost everyone. The only person I remember agreeing with me is Snooze, whom I really miss & please say hello. That was ok that almost everyone disagreed with me. It was fine.
Oscar Namechange

A Formal Request

AnneBoleyn;1454479 wrote: It would indeed be a tedious world if we all thought the same. That's not the issue. It's this particular personality & the shameless way of expression---uneducated, ignorant, non erudite, without wisdom; living in a world all his own, his righteousness & everyone else's wrongness.

In the Ban thread you refer to, most of our people disagreed with me. Almost everyone. The only person I remember agreeing with me is Snooze, whom I really miss & please say hello. That was ok that almost everyone disagreed with me. It was fine. I say Hi to Snoozy pops for you. We talk every day. Love that girl !!!!
fuzzywuzzy

A Formal Request

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I have no interest in who Anne hates or doesn't hate. And I'm not aware of their past run ins or how far it went.

I read through every thread put on this board if the first couple of posts do not grab me I move on . And I did read his thread about the oppression of women world wide because I was shocked that anyone in their right mind would justify the horrors women go through everyday into a neat little package about god and his purpose. His expressions are sadomasochistic to say the least. It's christian misogyny at it's best.

As Anne said what if it had been about Blacks? or children? or Jews........... There you go Jesus said 'let the blame for upon your children and your childrens children'..the Holocaust wrapped up and reasoned with in a nice little package, Cause god made em do it!!!!

Mickiel wants to incite? Trust me he's incited.

We're going to have a royal commission into the failings of the authorities in Domestic violence situations and cases .............remind me when they do ......to burst in with a copy of mickiels thread and tell them some ******** has our answer for us. This is why it's happening and we can all go home now.
AnneBoleyn

A Formal Request

Post by AnneBoleyn »

"This is why it's happening and we can all go home now."

But I am home! Well said, IMO.
Oscar Namechange

A Formal Request

fuzzywuzzy;1454485 wrote: I have no interest in who Anne hates or doesn't hate. And I'm not aware of their past run ins or how far it went.

I read through every thread put on this board if the first couple of posts do not grab me I move on . And I did read his thread about the oppression of women world wide because I was shocked that anyone in their right mind would justify the horrors women go through everyday into a neat little package about god and his purpose. His expressions are sadomasochistic to say the least. It's christian misogyny at it's best.

As Anne said what if it had been about Blacks? or children? or Jews........... There you go Jesus said 'let the blame for upon your children and your childrens children'..the Holocaust wrapped up and reasoned with in a nice little package, Cause god made em do it!!!!

Mickiel wants to incite? Trust me he's incited.

We're going to have a royal commission into the failings of the authorities in Domestic violence situations and cases .............remind me when they do ......to burst in with a copy of mickiels thread and tell them some ******** has our answer for us. This is why it's happening and we can all go home now.
You are absolutely entitled to your view but as I said, we went through all this before when Anne called for him to be banned. As she's just said, only one person agreed with her and Bryn stated Mikiel was going nowhere.

That thread ran for pages and pages and I just thought Anne would just Ignore his stuff. That's not to say anyone else should.
AnneBoleyn

A Formal Request

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I do ignore his stuff. However, when I notice someone has replied to him & want to see the reply. That's when I can't help but see Him! If I see only his name I do ignore it. In this case, I had a feeling I knew what the thread was by the title, Eve. I did not read it, but when fuzz was answering, I am interested in what she has to say as I find her views interesting. I find everyone's views interesting here, except Him.
fuzzywuzzy

A Formal Request

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Telling him 'he's full of it ' is interesting? lol you're easily pleased . :yh_rotfl

edited: I think you should see his views as interesting. At least as a warning about he kind of people in the world that excist. You know what they say , "keep your friends close, but keep you're enemies closer"
AnneBoleyn

A Formal Request

Post by AnneBoleyn »

fuzz: "keep your friends close, but keep you're enemies closer"

That's fine if you are Sun Tzu. I'm not at war & if someone has my worst interests at heart, I don't need to know them. You see, I'm retired now, & depend on no one. I understand that logic for most other people, but thank goodness, it doesn't fit my life-style anymore.
AnneBoleyn

A Formal Request

Post by AnneBoleyn »

PS--I am easily pleased.
fuzzywuzzy

A Formal Request

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

HA fair nuff :)
LarsMac

A Formal Request

Post by LarsMac »

There is a little triangle at the lower left of each post and its purpose in life is to allow you to report posts which you find offensive. This alerts the admins and moderators to your feelings and they can review the posts and take action.

Please use the 'REPORT' function if you require moderator action.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
fuzzywuzzy

A Formal Request

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Nope. I've decided on a different way. Either he sees the error of his ways or he sinks himself even further. I'll leave it to him on what he wants to do .

I'm Australian that's how we deal with that kind of crap. It's a fairer way of doing things. I could sit here and show him the error of his ways but it would do no good, and a complete waste of my time. I'll leave it up to his God to guide him. :)

meanwhile I'll post here. :)
LarsMac

A Formal Request

Post by LarsMac »

AnneBoleyn;1454410 wrote: So, is locking the thread the way to go about it? I've never made a complaint such as this before. Why don't you aid me by putting through my complaint to the Proper Channels. I give you my permission to pass this on to the powers that be. Then it will be proper.

Also, you did not answer my question as to whether or not you & Mickiel had an agreement as to the amount of threads he would do consecutively.

Would you allow the subject of religion to denigrate race? By allowing this thread you are approving misogyny & bad intent on the part of the author who is deliberately intending to inflame.

Will you lock this thread too, Herr LarsMac?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Lars Mac, a promise broken?

Mickiel has 5 threads running consecutively. Didn't you have him limit himself to 3 at one time? Didn't he agree to that? Perhaps I'm mistaken.

I would like to complain of his current thread, offensive to women. If the theme were blacks being subject to the rule of whites, would that be permitted?

I propose this thread be taken down. I propose it is you talking to yourself with the intent to inflame & offend."

LarsMac: "There is a process here for dealing with posts and threads you find offensive.

This is not the way to go about it."

Dear Anne,

Firstly, I did NOT "Limit Mickiel to 3 threads", any more than I could, or would limit any other poster to the number of threads they can post or participate in.

I advised him of the complaints, and suggested that he re-think the way he contributed to the forum, and he kindly agreed to cut down on the number of open threads to which he was the lone contributor.

Frankly, I find your last two threads a bit more offensive than Mickiel's recent thread. You have violated at at least two of the forum rules with these (including the one to which you have accused Mickiel of violating), and yet I have not exercised my Fascist powers even the slightest.

I did place the thread that you find so offensive into moderated status pending review by other moderators to decide what should be done with it.

I am now thinking that a mistake, as it would appear to be bending to your royal decree, rather than following my own instinct to leave it and see where discussion went. (Kind of the purpose of this place, don't you think?)

For that, I apologize to the general populace. I will open it back up, and if someone, after reading it finds it truly offensive, they can report it through the normal process, and let the other moderators or Admins make an unbiased determination.

I am traveling, so will not be back until late tonight or tomorrow morning. Perhaps by then this matter will be resolved to the satisfaction of your grace, and I will find I have lost my high position, and maybe even my head. We'll see.
- DH Lawrence
AnneBoleyn

A Formal Request

Post by AnneBoleyn »

LarsMac;1454562 wrote: Dear Anne,

Firstly, I did NOT "Limit Mickiel to 3 threads", any more than I could, or would limit any other poster to the number of threads they can post or participate in.

I advised him of the complaints, and suggested that he re-think the way he contributed to the forum, and he kindly agreed to cut down on the number of open threads to which he was the lone contributor.

Frankly, I find your last two threads a bit more offensive than Mickiel's recent thread. You have violated at at least two of the forum rules with these (including the one to which you have accused Mickiel of violating), and yet I have not exercised my Fascist powers even the slightest.

I did place the thread that you find so offensive into moderated status pending review by other moderators to decide what should be done with it.

I am now thinking that a mistake, as it would appear to be bending to your royal decree, rather than following my own instinct to leave it and see where discussion went. (Kind of the purpose of this place, don't you think?)

For that, I apologize to the general populace. I will open it back up, and if someone, after reading it finds it truly offensive, they can report it through the normal process, and let the other moderators or Admins make an unbiased determination.

I am traveling, so will not be back until late tonight or tomorrow morning. Perhaps by then this matter will be resolved to the satisfaction of your grace, and I will find I have lost my high position, and maybe even my head. We'll see.

That's funny or amusing, witty or clever? I have no royal decree, I'm not anyone's grace and you are a toad.
fuzzywuzzy

A Formal Request

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

LarsMac;1454562 wrote: Dear Anne,

So to deal with the problem about a thread that is highly offensive to women. You chose to patronize a woman? Wow!!!! just Wow!!
AnneBoleyn

A Formal Request

Post by AnneBoleyn »

fuzzywuzzy;1454585 wrote: So to deal with the problem about a thread that is highly offensive to women. You chose to patronize a woman? Wow!!!! just Wow!!

Thank you fuzzy, my Australian friend. LarsMac just doesn't get it. & I'm not the royal on the throne here, His Highness Herr LarsMac is. Really.
AnneBoleyn

A Formal Request

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I think it's wrong to print a PM sent, but Lars, I did not pull this out of my you-know-what. You wrote: "I have been talking to the guy and he has been very good about calming down and limiting himself to a couple of threads."

A couple of threads. Anyway, I misunderstood, I guess, & thought that signified some agreement that he would not overextend his musings. Nevermind that his musings now include the denigration of the female on this planet. Live & learn.
LarsMac

A Formal Request

Post by LarsMac »

AnneBoleyn;1454575 wrote: That's funny or amusing, witty or clever? I have no royal decree, I'm not anyone's grace and
Could'a fooled me.

AnneBoleyn;1454575 wrote: you are a toad.
Not the first time I've heard that.

fuzzywuzzy;1454585 wrote: So to deal with the problem about a thread that is highly offensive to women. You chose to patronize a woman? Wow!!!! just Wow!!
In this thread, I am only dealing with the problem of being attacked, personally. This thread is not the way to deal with THAT "problem."

I've patronized nobody.

What's this? Pick on LarsMac week?

AnneBoleyn;1454586 wrote: Thank you fuzzy, my Australian friend. LarsMac just doesn't get it. & I'm not the royal on the throne here, His Highness Herr LarsMac is. Really.

I am, by no means, Royal.

Nor am I a Nazi, as several of your comments seem to suggest. I personally am quite offended with your several such references.

I consider them to be way out of line, and am a bit hurt by them, coming from you.

AnneBoleyn;1454589 wrote: I think it's wrong to print a PM sent, but Lars, I did not pull this out of my you-know-what. You wrote: "I have been talking to the guy and he has been very good about calming down and limiting himself to a couple of threads."

A couple of threads. Anyway, I misunderstood, I guess, & thought that signified some agreement that he would not overextend his musings. Nevermind that his musings now include the denigration of the female on this planet. Live & learn.

You seem to credit me with a lot more authority than I have around here.

I merely tried to pursue a peaceful solution to your earlier complaint. Now you insult me publicly and create an even bigger stir.

And as far as the thread that started this, were you to have responded in that thread with the comment you made when you finally reported it, I think it may have been far more effective than all of this.

You have yourself a nice day, now.
- DH Lawrence
fuzzywuzzy

A Formal Request

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

LarsMac;1454623 wrote:

In this thread, I am only dealing with the probalem of being attacked, personally. This thread is not the way to deal with THAT "problem."

I've patronized nobody.

What's this? Pick on LarsMac week?

We have the technology . It could be arranged. What did you think we were going to be? submissive to you ?...Oh no ..hang on........ I forgot it's the way of the world isn't it?

You were patronizing in terms of inferring Anne has opinions above 'her station', hence reminding her of 'her place'. YES, that IS patronizing, but never mind you weren't to know, you being a man an all, and therefore thinking you are within your rights to do so .

Excuse me whilst I take this conversation to the 'throne room' and expel it accordingly..
LarsMac

A Formal Request

Post by LarsMac »

fuzzywuzzy;1454625 wrote: We have the technology . It could be arranged. What did you think we were going to be? submissive to you ?...Oh no ..hang on........ I forgot it's the way of the world isn't it?

You were patronizing in terms of inferring Anne has opinions above 'her station', hence reminding her of 'her place'. YES, that IS patronizing, but never mind you weren't to know, you being a man an all, and therefore thinking you are within your rights to do so .

Excuse me whilst I take this conversation to the 'throne room' and expel it accordingly..

It is amazing what you can read into something.

The "throne room" is exactly where that comment of yours belongs.
- DH Lawrence
fuzzywuzzy

A Formal Request

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Oh I'm sorry don't you like being patronized?..........hurts doesn't it?
LarsMac

A Formal Request

Post by LarsMac »

fuzzywuzzy;1454627 wrote: Oh I'm sorry don't you like being patronized?..........hurts doesn't it?

THAT was supposed to be patronizing?

Sorry, I missed that.

I suppose that I should have another look, then.
- DH Lawrence
fuzzywuzzy

A Formal Request

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

If you missed it then why did you take offense?
LarsMac

A Formal Request

Post by LarsMac »

fuzzywuzzy;1454630 wrote: If you missed it then why did you take offense?

Huh? what? I didn't take it. You must be thinking of my cousin Bubba. He is ALWAYS taking stuff.

You gotta watch him.
- DH Lawrence
fuzzywuzzy

A Formal Request

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

It must be the cultural differences here. Because I'm sitting here thinking this is way too easy. I could sit here and explain it to you but you'd probably feign ignorance.

Anne is correct on this occasion. I don't agree with her because she is my own gender or in fact we agree on the same subject. She is correct because her arguments are correct and reasonable. You could not see that, and she asked for someone else to look at it ...which indeed you have now done under the guise of being under personal attack. Why would one report on one post when the whole thread of mickiels is offensive .........actually I wouldn't even call it offensive it's way beyond that and have stated in this thread as to why I didn't report a single post myself.

THEN you go to the thread and the very last post is offensive to you. Well better late than never I suppose. I don't want to bring family into this but what if your daughter had of read his statement herself? Would put a different connotation to it wouldn't it? It would personally be more serious . And that's what is being addressed in this thread...........Mickiel hasn't just put up a thread that is offensive but it's a personal attack on every individual woman and girl. You tend to see it differently if you've been there. Including the fact that mickiel IS NEVER WRONG..Anne is right, there is no reasoning with the man . He's the type who would say it to your daughters face and have no qualms about it because that's what he believes and that's the way it is . It makes no difference to him if we are offended or not .

I'm waiting for the next chapter in his book it just may be about Jews or blacks or children ...........one thing is guaranteed though because he believes it, it must be right .
LarsMac

A Formal Request

Post by LarsMac »

fuzzywuzzy;1454632 wrote: It must be the cultural differences here. Because I'm sitting here thinking this is way too easy. I could sit here and explain it to you but you'd probably feign ignorance.

Anne is correct on this occasion. I don't agree with her because she is my own gender or in fact we agree on the same subject. She is correct because her arguments are correct and reasonable. You could not see that, and she asked for someone else to look at it ...which indeed you have now done under the guise of being under personal attack. Why would one report on one post when the whole thread of mickiels is offensive .........actually I wouldn't even call it offensive it's way beyond that and have stated in this thread as to why I didn't report a single post myself.

THEN you go to the thread and the very last post is offensive to you. Well better late than never I suppose. I don't want to bring family into this but what if your daughter had of read his statement herself? Would put a different connotation to it wouldn't it? It would personally be more serious . And that's what is being addressed in this thread...........Mickiel hasn't just put up a thread that is offensive but it's a personal attack on every individual woman and girl. You tend to see it differently if you've been there. Including the fact that mickiel IS NEVER WRONG..Anne is right, there is no reasoning with the man . He's the type who would say it to your daughters face and have no qualms about it because that's what he believes and that's the way it is . It makes no difference to him if we are offended or not .

I'm waiting for the next chapter in his book it just may be about Jews or blacks or children ...........one thing is guaranteed though because he believes it, it must be right .

I took no offense. What the heck are you talking about?

I actually only read that thread this evening after I got back home. And after reading it, I gave my opinion.

I replied with my opinion. I hardly took offense. I think that is what you are supposed to do in a forum. No?

Upon your suggestion, I asked my daughter to read the thread, and offer her opinion.

Her reply was not unlike your own. "He's full of it." Case closed.

So far, she is the only woman that I know for a certainty has actually read the thread in its entirety.

By her own statement, Anne has not, and she is the one complaining the most about it.

Funny how often that happens, dontcha think?

To shift gears,

The only way to deal with prevailing attitudes of ignorance is to stand them up against the wall, and put them down.

Anyway, enough fun for the night, I had a long drive over the mountains, today, and have an early meeting in the AM.

It's time for my milk and cookies, and to tell my wife all about how I am biblically justified to keep her under my iron fist. We'll see if if I still have that fist on the morrow.

wish me luck.

TTFN
- DH Lawrence
Betty Boop

A Formal Request

Post by Betty Boop »

LarsMac;1454636 wrote: I took no offense. What the heck are you talking about?

I actually only read that thread this evening after I got back home. And after reading it, I gave my opinion.

I replied with my opinion. I hardly took offense. I think that is what you are supposed to do in a forum. No?

Upon your suggestion, I asked my daughter to read the thread, and offer her opinion.

Her reply was not unlike your own. "He's full of it." Case closed.

So far, she is the only woman that I know for a certainty has actually read the thread in its entirety.

By her own statement, Anne has not, and she is the one complaining the most about it.

Funny how often that happens, dontcha think?

To shift gears,

The only way to deal with prevailing attitudes of ignorance is to stand them up against the wall, and put them down.

Anyway, enough fun for the night, I had a long drive over the mountains, today, and have an early meeting in the AM.

It's time for my milk and cookies, and to tell my wife all about how I am biblically justified to keep her under my iron fist. We'll see if if I still have that fist on the morrow.

wish me luck.

TTFN

Will you make it back at all then? :wah:

I will endeavour to try and work out what this is all about late in the day. As nothing has been reported it's gone under my radar completely.
Snowfire

A Formal Request

Post by Snowfire »

I think there are genuine issues and concerns. For the most part I don't enter Mikiels threads but I did browse a few posts in the thread concerned. I can understand fully the reaction that it got and its raised some strong emotions. It's too easy to say "Just don't read his stuff" If it offends, it demands a response and this certainly demanded a response. Could it have been handled better ? Sure ! Could Anne have reported or complained differently ? Sure ! but I think anger and indignation dictated a knee jerk reaction. My two penn'orth, for what it's worth, is maybe a sharp intake of breath and a reconvening of peoples thoughts before it festers any deeper
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill

Return to “General Chit Chat”