The hypocrisy of Britain's multiculturalism

Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Bruv;1454680 wrote: Ludicrousness ? Sounds good to me.

Nice but a bit confused, like somebody else we both know ?

I was wondering if I'd left a "ness" off

Ludicrousnessness'
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

'Muslims don't like dogs... don't walk them here': Police probe sign in east London park - Crime - News - London Evening Standard

Really ???

Why do they do this?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Oscar Farage;1455905 wrote: Why do they do this?

Who ?

Looks like another staged photo opportunity to me.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Oscar Namechange

Bruv;1455907 wrote: Who ?

Looks like another staged photo opportunity to me. Apparently not....ring the newspaper and ask for the police crime log number.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Oscar Farage;1455909 wrote: Apparently not....ring the newspaper and ask for the police crime log number.

I can't be assed........why should I anyway?

Newspapers should report the news..........all the news, not withold pertinent parts
Oscar Namechange

Bruv;1455918 wrote: I can't be assed........why should I anyway?

Newspapers should report the news..........all the news, not withold pertinent parts What part are they withholding?
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Oscar Farage;1455909 wrote: Apparently not....ring the newspaper and ask for the police crime log number.

Oscar Farage;1455921 wrote: What part are they withholding?

The Police crime log number?
Oscar Namechange

Bruv;1455924 wrote: The Police crime log number? But wouldn't that just encourage more Far Right loonies to call the police? They're already organising a mass dog walk..... I won't be going I hasten to add.
Oscar Namechange

It's true then.

Bartlett Park poster warns dog-walkers to stay out of 'Islamic areas' | Mail Online
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Oscar Farage;1455977 wrote: It's true then.

Bartlett Park poster warns dog-walkers to stay out of 'Islamic areas' | Mail Online

Gosh that MP needs to proof read his letters before sending them off.
Oscar Namechange

Betty Boop;1455981 wrote: Gosh that MP needs to proof read his letters before sending them off. The fact that the sign Is correctly spelt also rules out the EDL.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Oscar Farage;1455977 wrote: It's true then.

It was true earlier wasn't it ?

What we need to know is who put it up and why ?
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Oscar Farage;1455982 wrote: The fact that the sign Is correctly spelt also rules out the EDL.

The MP's letter "I have no idea wAther"
Oscar Namechange

Bruv;1455984 wrote: It was true earlier wasn't it ?

What we need to know is who put it up and why ? Of course they will blame some faction of the Far Right but considering all factions were expressing their wrath this morning, It appears that none of them on any sites know anything about It.

It's not a first. I've seen evidence of similar over the years. The police take them down and that's the end of It. This one happened to get sent or seen by an MP.

It'll blow over no doubt.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Oscar Farage;1455987 wrote: It'll blow over no doubt.

Because......................it's irrelevent.
Oscar Namechange

Bruv;1455990 wrote: Because......................it's irrelevent. Because It's one of many over the years.
Oscar Namechange

Bruv;1455985 wrote: The MP's letter "I have no idea wAther" Looks like a typo to me... so what? He's got off his backside and done something following a complaint. That's what he's elected for Isn't It ?

Imagine the scenario.... Yeah he's a useless MP, doesn't do anything for the people of his ward but tell you what, his grammar Is good.
Oscar Namechange

Well done to Paul Golding and Jim Dowsen.

http://www.britainfirst.org/greenwich-c ... omplaints/
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

See.......the bloody system works.
Oscar Namechange

Bruv;1457177 wrote: See.......the bloody system works. 18,000 sigs proves beyond dount that you don't need the 100,000 required In E petitions before anyone actually raises the Issue and acts on It. That's a shoot In the foot for everyone who said they wouldn't get anywhere eh?

Regardless, I am just delighted that his family have got their memorial.. That's the main thing.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Oscar Namechange;1457179 wrote:

Regardless, I am just delighted that his family have got their memorial.. That's the main thing.

It would have far far better if the financial and political climate had not conspired to make an army career a better option than life on the dole........but I know what you mean
Oscar Namechange

Bruv;1457188 wrote: It would have far far better if the financial and political climate had not conspired to make an army career a better option than life on the dole........but I know what you mean
No... our government sent our troops Into Illegal wars.. better they stand by their convictions and honour Lee Rigby Immediately rather than the far right have to do It because those spineless, gutless appeasers want to appease.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I was thinking of you a couple of hours ago, Oscar. I went to my local public library to return a book & if possible get a new one. I noticed AGAIN (it had happened before a few years back but was corrected) that the majority of books is once again in Russian. The English collection is smaller & smaller & the titles could be better. I went over to the desk & asked the Russian woman behind it WHO above her I could complain to. She did not answer. The only American working there took me over to an office where sat the two Head Librarians, Russians. I asked WHO, Above You, can I complain to about this situation. They wouldn't answer! They kept bullying me about WHY it was that way, that they were serving the community. After this went on for 15 minutes, & I won't hijack your thread by telling you what I said, one of them smirked to the other "She wants to read more Romances". I don't read Romances & felt that was a slap at those who do. The American left & came immediately back with a paper listing WHO Above the Local Branch I could complain to.

Think of it, oscar, they were so arrogant not to answer my question, my one question. I was honestly thinking of you, & in a respectful manner. Sometimes, enough is enough. As soon as my Grandparents & other relatives got off the boats in the early 20th century they made it their business to learn to speak, READ & Write ENGLISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oscar Namechange

AnneBoleyn;1457211 wrote: I was thinking of you a couple of hours ago, Oscar. I went to my local public library to return a book & if possible get a new one. I noticed AGAIN (it had happened before a few years back but was corrected) that the majority of books is once again in Russian. The English collection is smaller & smaller & the titles could be better. I went over to the desk & asked the Russian woman behind it WHO above her I could complain to. She did not answer. The only American working there took me over to an office where sat the two Head Librarians, Russians. I asked WHO, Above You, can I complain to about this situation. They wouldn't answer! They kept bullying me about WHY it was that way, that they were serving the community. After this went on for 15 minutes, & I won't hijack your thread by telling you what I said, one of them smirked to the other "She wants to read more Romances". I don't read Romances & felt that was a slap at those who do. The American left & came immediately back with a paper listing WHO Above the Local Branch I could complain to.

Think of it, oscar, they were so arrogant not to answer my question, my one question. I was honestly thinking of you, & in a respectful manner. Sometimes, enough is enough. As soon as my Grandparents & other relatives got off the boats in the early 20th century they made it their business to learn to speak, READ & Write ENGLISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's actually very relevant to the topic here Anne.

The problem we have Is like you In the USA, the Idea of a multi-culteral Eutopia fails because the populace Is not spread out. What we see Is ethnic communities where the British may be as low as 40 % In some cities. Naturally, you then have shops who will want to cater for the largest population often leaving the Indigenous feeling Isolated. That's because It's perfectly natural for new Immigrants wanting to live among their own people. The British do It In Spain In Ex Pat land. But as the thnic community grows, you then see white flight because the Indigenous feel Isolated. That's not the fault of the Immigrants or the people but the spineless governments who failed to ensure Integration and assimilation.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

A friend of mine grew up in Chicago. His family is polish. They came to Chicago in the early 20th Century.

Whenever I was in town, we would meet up and a restaurant in the old Polish section.

Now a lot of recent arrivals from Poland and the Ukraine have moved in.

Last month I was in Chicago for work. I called him up and asked if he wanted to meet up at the old favorite. He said, "No, let's go somewhere else. Nobody there speaks English, these days."
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Whenever I've visited a country where the language is other than English, I have always made an attempt to learn at least some of the basics in the native language of that country - something I consider to be nothing less than common courtesy. To expect them to speak English I would see as being downright rude.

However, when we are faced with visitors / immigrants from other countries, when we get annoyed when they make not the slightest attempt to speak our language we are classed as being racist & non culturally tolerant.

Despite what the P.C. Brigade would hammer into us, Racism & Cultural Tolerance is a 2-way street. Positive Discrimination is still Discrimination.
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

Oscar Namechange;1454226 wrote: Chippy on the Green owner leaves after threatened over 'racist' sign | Mail Online

I admire the French for their boundless tolerance. No matter where they are found, American fast-food "restaurants" insist on calling it "French fries". Everyone knows that pomme frites are not French at all, but Belgian.
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

FourPart;1457966 wrote: Whenever I've visited a country where the language is other than English, I have always made an attempt to learn at least some of the basics in the native language of that country - something I consider to be nothing less than common courtesy.

I speak 5 languages, more or less all of them fluently, and I have been to nearly 100 countries round the world. If the fact that I have not learned at least some of the basics of the other 95 languages means that I am "commonly discourteous" then I guess I will just have to live with the shame.
Oscar Namechange

High Threshold;1457970 wrote: I speak 5 languages, more or less all of them fluently, and I have been to nearly 100 countries round the world. If the fact that I have not learned at least some of the basics of the other 95 languages means that I am "commonly discourteous" then I guess I will just have to live with the shame.

Mustafa now has two children and one on the way with another woman, who came to the UK in 2007, does not speak English and is "utterly dependant" on him, Mr Cook said.

Read more: No jail for benefits cheat - due to prison cost | Bristol Post

Read more at No jail for benefits cheat - due to prison cost | Bristol Post
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

Oscar Namechange;1457971 wrote: Mustafa now has two children and one on the way with another woman, who came to the UK in 2007, does not speak English and is "utterly dependant" on him, Mr Cook said.

Read more: No jail for benefits cheat - due to prison cost | Bristol Post

Read more at No jail for benefits cheat - due to prison cost | Bristol Post

My Lord! This is the sort of thing that SD (Sverige Demokraterna) would hold up as exibit number 1 in how/why they would (given their wishes) deport the bugger, well any immigrant who commits a crime on Swedish soil.

But OK. No judgement from me ........ baring deportation what do YOU say should be done in this case? Baring deportation, mind.
Oscar Namechange

High Threshold;1457972 wrote: My Lord! This is the sort of thing that SD (Sverige Demokraterna) would hold up as exibit number 1 in how/why they would (given their wishes) deport the bugger, well any immigrant who commits a crime on Swedish soil.

But OK. No judgement from me ........ baring deportation what do YOU say should be done in this case? Baring deportation, mind. He's not the only one who has been spared prison because his wife doesn't speak English... there's been a few... here's another.

An Islamic teacher who molested a girl as he taught her the Koran has avoided prison after claiming his family was dependent on him because his wife speaks “very little English”.

Koran teacher who abused girl is spared jail to help his family - Telegraph

It's sheer hypocrisy. Only last week we had a judge jail a grandmother for waving to her grand daughter In a playground after a no contact order. Yet we spare others prison because their wives are dependent on them. English families are dependent on working fathers but judges jail them every day.

Yes, any Immigrant who commits a serious crime and Is convicted should be deported.
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

Oscar Namechange;1457973 wrote: He's not the only one who has been spared prison because his wife doesn't speak English... there's been a few... here's another.

An Islamic teacher who molested a girl as he taught her the Koran has avoided prison after claiming his family was dependent on him because his wife speaks “very little English”.

It's sheer hypocrisy. Only last week we had a judge jail a grandmother for waving to her grand daughter In a playground after a no contact order. Yet we spare others prison because their wives are dependent on them. English families are dependent on working fathers but judges jail them every day.

Yes, any Immigrant who commits a serious crime and Is convicted should be deported.

You didn't answer my question. Do you need more time to think about it? I would have thought you'd have had your answer ready at a moments notice. Come on then!
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

Oscar Namechange;1457973 wrote:

Isn't this a contradiction?

“He is married with six children ......... His wife doesn’t work and speaks very little English, they are dependent on him to lead their lives and with the running of the household.”

..... yet .......

Passing sentence, Judge Michael Byrne told Maknojioa: " ....... You are now unemployed, living on state benefits.”

It looks to me that the family is not dependant upon the father - but Social Services. Lock him up!
Oscar Namechange

High Threshold;1457974 wrote: You didn't answer my question. Do you need more time to think about it? I would have thought you'd have had your answer ready at a moments notice. Come on then!

:wah: I'm multi-tasking here at the moment.

What to do other than deportation ? I'd just like to see a system where fairness and equality ruled. That Is, treat them exactly the same way as a judge would jail an English man for the same crime.

I'd like to see stricter guidelines In our courts so some old fart of a judge can't fall for emotional blackmail by the defence.
Oscar Namechange

More hypocrisy today.

The evangelists say they were threatened with arrest for committing a "hate crime" and were told they risked being beaten up if they returned. The incident will fuel fears that "no-go areas" for Christians are emerging in British towns and cities, as the Rt Rev Michael Nazir-Ali, the Bishop of Rochester, claimed in The Sunday Telegraph this year.

Arthur Cunningham, 48, and Joseph Abraham, 65, both full-time evangelical ministers, have launched legal action against West Midlands Police, claiming the officer infringed their right to profess their religion.

Mr Abraham said: "I couldn't believe this was happening in Britain. The Bishop of Rochester was criticised by the Church of England recently when he said there were no-go areas in Britain but he was right; there are certainly no-go areas for Christians who want to share the gospel."

Last night, Christian campaigners described the officer's behaviour as "deeply alarming".

Police advise Christian preachers to leave Muslim area of Birmingham - Telegraph
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

Oscar Namechange;1457986 wrote: :wah: I'm multi-tasking here at the moment.

What to do other than deportation ? I'd just like to see a system where fairness and equality ruled. That Is, treat them exactly the same way as a judge would jail an English man for the same crime.

I'd like to see stricter guidelines In our courts so some old fart of a judge can't fall for emotional blackmail by the defence.

So what do you think this guy, what's his name .... Mustafa should get? What would an Englishman get do you think? I mean, for that crime? Do you think the cost of prison being ballanced against the amount he swindled should be considered? And how does it translate to other crimes? I'm only making conversation here, I'm not setting you up or trying to lead you along the path to some bear trap. :) I think it's interesting because we have a similar problem in Sweden and I have no idea what the government think their doing.
Oscar Namechange

Meanwhile over In good ole Texas USA.... same shyte, different country

Man says apartment complex called his US flag a ‘threat to Muslim community’ | khou.com Houston
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

Oscar Namechange;1457987 wrote: More hypocrisy today.

The evangelists say they were threatened with arrest for committing a "hate crime" and were told they risked being beaten up if they returned. The incident will fuel fears that "no-go areas" for Christians are emerging in British towns and cities, as the Rt Rev Michael Nazir-Ali, the Bishop of Rochester, claimed in The Sunday Telegraph this year.

Arthur Cunningham, 48, and Joseph Abraham, 65, both full-time evangelical ministers, have launched legal action against West Midlands Police, claiming the officer infringed their right to profess their religion.

Mr Abraham said: "I couldn't believe this was happening in Britain. The Bishop of Rochester was criticised by the Church of England recently when he said there were no-go areas in Britain but he was right; there are certainly no-go areas for Christians who want to share the gospel."

Last night, Christian campaigners described the officer's behaviour as "deeply alarming".

Police advise Christian preachers to leave Muslim area of Birmingham - Telegraph

I understand what you're saying but don't we insist that our children stay clear of "the bad part of town"? True, it may not be a racial/religeous issue but we do acknowledge that certain parts of the city are .......... "special" and that we perhaps ought not to wander into it.
Oscar Namechange

High Threshold;1457988 wrote: So what do you think this guy, what's his name .... Mustafa should get? What would an Englishman get do you think? I mean, for that crime? Do you think the cost of prison being ballanced against the amount he swindled should be considered? And how does it translate to other crimes? I'm only making conversation here, I'm not setting you up or trying to lead you along the path to some bear trap. :) I think it's interesting because we have a similar problem in Sweden and I have no idea what the government think their doing.

First of all, where criminal precedents have been set, then I'd like to see a justice system that adhere's to those precedents. IE Jail a British man for two years for benefit fraud, then jail everyone for benefit fraud. The law currently states that the courts take Into consideration, the defendants circumstances yet they'll happily jail a British guy for two years knowing his wife and kids are dependent on his wage and without It, the family will suffer.

A system where any Immigrant entering the UK must have a reasonable command of the English language. Those who don't such as Mustapha's wife to be committed to learning the language whilst here..... after all... what If he left her or was killed?
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

Oscar Namechange;1457989 wrote: Meanwhile over In good ole Texas USA.... same shyte, different country

Man says apartment complex called his US flag a ‘threat to Muslim community’ | khou.com Houston

Well, I understand the crap about a silly threat to the Moslem community, but come on! If a Cuban or North Korean raised their flags the whole place would go up in flames. If you can't have one you shouldn't have the other.
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

Oscar Namechange;1457991 wrote: First of all, where criminal precedents have been set, then I'd like to see a justice system that adhere's to those precedents. IE Jail a British man for two years for benefit fraud, then jail everyone for benefit fraud. The law currently states that the courts take Into consideration, the defendants circumstances yet they'll happily jail a British guy for two years knowing his wife and kids are dependent on his wage and without It, the family will suffer.

Yes, I agree with you. Anyone jailed is out of touch with his responsibilities in one way or another. Giving special consideration for poor English language skills is really pushing it. Have you ever heard Fred West of Cromwell Street speak? Jesus wept! He must have been dependant upon his children for language skills too. Did the Peelers take any consideration for that? Don't think so.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

The price of Justice should never be measured in pounds shillings and pence, otherwise we wouldn't jail anybody.

The 'dependency' of the non English speaking wife is not monetary, being devils advocate here, the husband is needed to ask whether the meat is Halal when shopping and to converse with the kid's teachers on Open Days.
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

Bruv;1457996 wrote: ..... the husband is needed to ask whether the meat is Halal when shopping and to converse with the kid's teachers on Open Days.

Not sure if you're joking here but if the family observe Islamic seder then you can be certain they only shop in hallal butcheries. I've been to a few Open Days and the woman you speak of couldn't care less what is being said. In fact, it is fairly obvious that she had no idea why she was invited to come in the first place.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

High Threshold;1458001 wrote: Not sure if you're joking here but if the family observe Islamic seder then you can be certain they only shop in hallal butcheries. I've been to a few Open Days and the woman you speak of couldn't care less what is being said. In fact, it is fairly obvious that she had no idea why she was invited to come in the first place.

I was trying to say in a humorous way that the dependancy was not simply monetary
Silvio Dante

Post by Silvio Dante »

I hugely admire how the British People have always welcomed people of other races and belief systems to their country once they were willing to make a positive contribution.

However this welcome has been spat on by sections within Sunni (in the main) Islamic communities who take all of the benefits Britain has to offer while completely disrespecting British, Western European values of free speech, equality and mutual respect.

The clowns in UKIP tried to start a hate campaign against Romanians. Give me a street full of Romanians over one Radical Sunni everytime...
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

Silvio Dante;1458055 wrote: I hugely admire how the British People have always welcomed people of other races and belief systems to their country once they were willing to make a positive contribution.

However this welcome has been spat on by sections within Sunni (in the main) Islamic communities who take all of the benefits Britain has to offer while completely disrespecting British, Western European values of free speech, equality and mutual respect.

The clowns in UKIP tried to start a hate campaign against Romanians. Give me a street full of Romanians over one Radical Sunni everytime...

What's a "belief system"?
Silvio Dante

Post by Silvio Dante »

High Threshold;1458056 wrote: What's a "belief system"?
Religions, political theories etc...
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

Silvio Dante;1458060 wrote: Religions, political theories etc...

Who says?
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

High Threshold;1458062 wrote: Who says?

It's a common phrase and widely used.......Here

Silvio Dante

Post by Silvio Dante »

High Threshold;1458062 wrote: Who says?
Who says what?