What the Heck is Going on Around Here?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Hope6

Post by Hope6 »

When did Jj get banned? I've been reading his posts and I've seen nothing ban worthy. I'm very confused because all I've seen is someone attempting to defend himself. I'm very sad to see this.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Oh No... That's bad news.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Hope6

Post by Hope6 »

Did you not know about this Oscar?
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Hope6;1458878 wrote: When did Jj get banned? I've been reading his posts and I've seen nothing ban worthy. I'm very confused because all I've seen is someone attempting to defend himself. I'm very sad to see this.

Jj got the ban a couple of days ago. It was because of an attempted attack and trolling of Betty Boop. He posted a thread to Betty Boop, then posted something rather offensive in Afrikaans, I think it was directed at members who added posts on that thread, and Jj did not appreciate what was said in those posts. I believe somebody wanted the thread to be composted because of the offensive nature, so maybe it should be re-instated so that members can understand why Jj got the ban.
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Hope6

Post by Hope6 »

Thanks for explaining Gill, yes I think it should be reinstated so those of us who weren't here can understand. although I know there's been no love loss between JJ and Betty for years, I've always thought it went both ways. so I'd have to read it to know.
Hope6

Post by Hope6 »

This question is for the powers that be I guess, how long is this ban for?
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Oscar Namechange

I'm going to stick my neck out here... but JJ Is very much like me, In that neither of us bite until we're growled at or poked with a stick through the bars of the cage.

Maybe JJ shouldn't have posted the thread In relation to Betty... I don't know and It's not for me to decide although I saw no harm In It because I certainly saw nothing malicious with Intent to flame so I can't comment on that Issue.

However, he posted that he had a desire for the cartoon character and found It/her sexy. Sorry, but the truth Is, with that came the piss takers but not In a nice funny way... the same piss takers who repeatedly enter his threads to mock. I even wrote a post recently telling some If they didn't like what he posted, then butt out yet It continued.

Since light moderation came Into effect and everyone has got along with each other for a long time which Is a good thing, there's been a fair amount of trolling In JJ's case that's either been Ignored or not seen.

It appears he finally snapped after being poked with the stick through the bars of the cage after months and months of remaining civil while being attacked.

Just an observation, but Is that really fair?

Recently a member told me to shut the **** up.... nothing... although I don't have a problem with It because the member graciously messaged me and apologised. It's about consistency and sorry, I don't see that sometimes.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Hope6

Post by Hope6 »

Oscar you said that perfectly, even what little bit I come here I see that just about every thread he does someone comes in to make fun of some sort.
Hope6

Post by Hope6 »

I read the before mentioned thread and that basically did me no good because I don't know what that post in the other language says. Otherwise I see nothing wrong with it.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Oscar Namechange;1458896 wrote: I'm going to stick my neck out here... but JJ Is very much like me, In that neither of us bite until we're growled at or poked with a stick through the bars of the cage.

Maybe JJ shouldn't have posted the thread In relation to Betty... I don't know and It's not for me to decide although I saw no harm In It because I certainly saw nothing malicious with Intent to flame so I can't comment on that Issue.

However, he posted that he had a desire for the cartoon character and found It/her sexy. Sorry, but the truth Is, with that came the piss takers but not In a nice funny way... the same piss takers who repeatedly enter his threads to mock. I even wrote a post recently telling some If they didn't like what he posted, then butt out yet It continued.

Since light moderation came Into effect and everyone has got along with each other for a long time which Is a good thing, there's been a fair amount of trolling In JJ's case that's either been Ignored or not seen.

It appears he finally snapped after being poked with the stick through the bars of the cage after months and months of remaining civil while being attacked.

Just an observation, but Is that really fair?

My only opinion is that the vulgarity was uncalled for.

He'll be back in a day or so.
- DH Lawrence
Oscar Namechange

Hope6;1458897 wrote: Oscar you said that perfectly, even what little bit I come here I see that just about every thread he does someone comes in to make fun of some sort. Frankly, those who drove him to snap after he remained so civil for so long should also be questioned.

For me, he's a highly valued member who's contributed a great deal to the forum by Interesting and varied threads especially during the quiet times.

Saying ' It's not fair' sounds trivial and childish but It's not. JJ Is at all times a gentleman but even the Pope would have lost It with what's been happening over the months. It's like ' I see dead people'... some only see what they want to see. For every result, there Is effect and cause.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

I may be a relative newcomer to these forums, having been unjustly banned from another one (as Lady J will attest to), and I enjoy the adversarial nature of FG as, on the whole, matters can be debated - often quite heatedly - but from what I've seen, always civilly.

At first I didn't understand the nature of the post in question, as I don't have any understanding of Afrikaan, and at the time I couldn't be bothered translating it. However, having now translated it I can see it was clearly an unprovoked attack, in which he clearly stated it was worth getting a ban for what he was saying, and I would say that it was certainly deserving of one. Regardless of personal feelings towards someone, a public post like that was certainly well out of order & certainly outside the protocol of any other forums I've ever come across.

He threw down the gauntlet & got what was coming to him.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

I must say, Oscar, that a while ago when I used to only pop in to go in the arcade and perhaps have a quick scan over the threads, I did notice just how many threads of different subjects Jj posted. You are right because at that time I thought that without Jj's fairly prolific contributions, Forum Garden would have been a rather sorry place. Sometimes there would only be four members online during the day, and maybe only a couple of threads added ! Things seem to have picked up a bit at the moment so let's hope that trend continues. I must also say that I have noticed the absence of some of the more aggressive members and although I'm not sure how or why they've gone or whether it is permanent, but I will say that Forum Garden is better for their absence.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Going back through the recent threads, it seems all this stemmed from a row JJ and HT got into.

Then a bunch of folks got into a row over how HT was being rude to JJ.

Something about staying out of the kitchen comes to mind, here.

Just sayin'

The obscene language was still uncalled for, even if it was cleverly masked in another lingo.

He'll be back.
- DH Lawrence
Oscar Namechange

G#Gill;1458908 wrote: I must say, Oscar, that a while ago when I used to only pop in to go in the arcade and perhaps have a quick scan over the threads, I did notice just how many threads of different subjects Jj posted. You are right because at that time I thought that without Jj's fairly prolific contributions, Forum Garden would have been a rather sorry place. Sometimes there would only be four members online during the day, and maybe only a couple of threads added ! Things seem to have picked up a bit at the moment so let's hope that trend continues. I must also say that I have noticed the absence of some of the more aggressive members and although I'm not sure how or why they've gone or whether it is permanent, but I will say that Forum Garden is better for their absence.

As my dear old Father used to say... ' You never know the value of water until your wells run dry.'

FG did go stale and JJ kept the forum going during those times. Believe It or not, I used to also try very hard to find varying topics to Interest folk to keep It going but frankly, I don't think any were ever appreciated. Sometimes and I'm not pointing any fingers but we can get complacent In life and just assume the old faithfuls will always be checking In. That's why I believe we all need to value each other a little more. We may not agree with each other, we may not like each other, but collectively we make FG and It's the diversity of Interests and people that makes this forum far superior to others.

I have to add that we have had some new members of late that have Injected some fresh air and folk are enjoying themselves again. I just wish the goading and would stop because ultimately, they may not miss the banned member but they overlook that others may.

The most Important thing to remember on any forum Is this... you may not like a member but others probably do.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Here, here.

It is just as well that everybody is different innit ?
Hope6

Post by Hope6 »

I do know that a lot of times when I come in here there are only 3 or 4 people and the only new threads since the last time I was here would be Jj's. I also know that some people....I won't mention names....follow him around into all his threads nipping at his heels like a little puppy dog. Like the old saying goes, you can only kick a dog so many times before he's gonna bite.
Lady J

Post by Lady J »

Oscar Namechange;1458902 wrote: Frankly, those who drove him to snap after he remained so civil for so long should also be questioned.

For me, he's a highly valued member who's contributed a great deal to the forum by Interesting and varied threads especially during the quiet times.

Saying ' It's not fair' sounds trivial and childish but It's not. JJ Is at all times a gentleman but even the Pope would have lost It with what's been happening over the months. It's like ' I see dead people'... some only see what they want to see. For every result, there Is effect and cause.

Thank YOU Oscar!

Jj is tired and had his full with certain members here that do troll and harass him. I have even reported one certain member and nothing has come of it! It is unfair and Jj and I just had this discussion today. Jj lost his cool...but he was pushed over the edge with one too many jabs. Even people here who he thought were his cyber friends have taken jabs at him.

His thread to Betty was not a "posting with the apparent purpose of starting a fight with a particular member." as he was citied for. How did anyone read into this he was starting a fight? It was tongue and cheek.

And regarding his post ~ yes "The obscene language was still uncalled for, even if it was cleverly masked in another lingo.' At least he was a gentleman and masked it cuz if you do not know Jj you would never know what language it was. And I agree with what he said in that masked answer!

Jj contributes with great threads here....whether you want to acknowledge it or not he doesn't do links or just post someone else's opinion. He is a WRITER! He is creative. He stopped posting his photo images cuz of comments by a member. He started posting to his journal so no one could comment and insult him. He did everything he could to stay cool, calm and collective in a Jj way :-4

Jj does help to keep this site going.....sigh....

He will be back right before Independence Day, which is fitting.

And so help me every time someone (cough...you know who you are) so much as flings a slight insult into his thread I will report you...I doubt it will do any good but I will make a pain in someone's ass about it.

He has been here a long time and for some reason he likes it here....

BTW I know Jj could have expressed himself much better ..... but as we know he is banned.

I'm called Lady J for a reason.

Now I'm off to touch base on my own thread....

And I'm here if anyone has anything to say to Moi.

Saint was right...I am spontaneous and full of life.:-6
Oscar Namechange

LarsMac;1458910 wrote: Going back through the recent threads, it seems all this stemmed from a row JJ and HT got into.

From where I was standing, It had nothing to do with Highthreshold. He's relatively new to the forum and we all have spats with members without reacting as JJ has over the past many months.

From where I stood, I'm talking about slow water torture... drip drip drip drip drip.... not a full blown spat and the first with that member at that. JJ Is not hot headed so one spat with a fairly new member would not send him In a foul mouthed tirade.... Highthreshold just happened to get the end result, and not the effect and cause....drip drip drip drip that either went unseen or was Ignored for months and that's what should also be questioned. I've told some to butt out of his threads and Lady J has reported... why was It allowed to continue and nothing done?

The end result Is a damn good member banned.

I agree, the vulgarity was out of order but really, how much does anyone have to take here?
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

I honestly don't know who's moderating and who isn't (with only 2 exceptions I know of) but my overall opinion is that the moderation of FG is pretty damned good and if one is willing to be civilized (even after a step or two "out of line") then the moderators won't be tossing you out. I think you'd have to get down and dirty with some very personal issues in order to have your head handed to you.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

FourPart;1458906 wrote: I may be a relative newcomer to these forums, having been unjustly banned from another one (as Lady J will attest to), and I enjoy the adversarial nature of FG as, on the whole, matters can be debated - often quite heatedly - but from what I've seen, always civilly.
I feel I must make an immediate apology & retraction here. Due to a confusion of different persona, for some reason, all the time I've been here I've been under the illusion that Lady J was Victoria - probably down to their mutual love of dogs.

Once again, my deepest apologies to Lady J for any embarrassment caused.
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

FourPart;1458945 wrote: ..... for some reason .... I've been under the illusion that Lady J was Victoria - probably down to their mutual love of dogs.

Better dogs than cats! :wah:
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

LarsMac;1458910 wrote: .... it seems all this stemmed from a row JJ and HT got into.

Holy ***, I mean ****, er *****, um cow! I'm not even aware of it. What thread is that? Seriously. I do know we didn't see eye to eye on something but I really don't recall what it was, where it was, or actually having "a row" with him. Did we? Now I'm really curious.
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

LarsMac;1458910 wrote: Going back through the recent threads, it seems all this stemmed from a row JJ and HT got into.

Then a bunch of folks got into a row over how HT was being rude to JJ.

Something about staying out of the kitchen comes to mind, here.

Just sayin'

The obscene language was still uncalled for, even if it was cleverly masked in another lingo.

He'll be back.

I told myself that I was NOT going to contribute anything more to this thead because I know if it continues it will end up a slander party. So hopefully this is my last comment.

I've gone through the archive and the only thread (that I am aware of) where the two of us were in disagreement, is a thread dealing with who's to blame for the sunni - shia clashes in Irak. But there is no explosion of minds there and the "bunch of folks" who think I was rude amount to a single person with emotional ties to the alleged "injured party".

So the substance for banning might have been between a moderator and the indivual mentioned in the title of this thread, or maybe I've got the wrong conflict?
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Hey ... I don't know anything about Ms Boop ... the member/moderator here on FG. But being a 1920s freak I find Betty Boop, the cartoon caricature soooooooooooo sexy and desirable.

I wonder if our Ms Boop is the same?

My guess is yes and then some!

That's what JJ posted the other day, it was directed at me to get a response.

For years JJ has tried to goad me into some sort of sexual game with him. He wants to be the big man in control and wants all his women fawning at his feet.

Me, I am all for men and women being equals. I will not gush or fawn at JJ's feet and JJ knows it, that is why every now and again he will try and goad me into something. It infuriates him that I will not be one of his harem.

This time I saw it, I thought about it, I decided to ignore it because I'd already guessed JJ was headed for self combustion... yet again.

It's what he does on a continuous cycle, he arrives, he promises to behave, he has strops, he belittles the men around here in his mission to be top dog. If you other women are really happy to think it's amusing that JJ regards himself as the 'chosen one' and all others as mere 'earthlings' then I really feel sorry for you and am ashamed you would allow any person such power. I don't much care if it is his little game, it's psychotic, it's odd, it's demeaning and may be funny if it were done in a joking way but he's serious about his authority over others.

I think he wanted me to react and have him banned, he knows I used to react to that stuff in disgust and he enjoys seeing me react. I didn't react and I didn't ban him. He will be back though, he's posted abuse in his journal to the men around here that dare stand up to him over the years, those of whom recall the manner in which JJ has always treated me, he's also said in there that he has left here

The ban is punishment in regards to the four letter c word he used in a post in a foreign language that was totally unacceptable behaviour from any member whether it be JJ or me! By the way, that ban will lift so there is nothing stopping the man returning after then, after all he does sign off in his journal with 'until next time' just to ensure he hasn't totally burnt all his bridges.

He will be enjoying watching all his following fighting his fight for him :yh_wave
Oscar Namechange

Betty Boop;1458957 wrote: Hey ... I don't know anything about Ms Boop ... the member/moderator here on FG. But being a 1920s freak I find Betty Boop, the cartoon caricature soooooooooooo sexy and desirable.

I wonder if our Ms Boop is the same?

My guess is yes and then some!

That's what JJ posted the other day, it was directed at me to get a response.

For years JJ has tried to goad me into some sort of sexual game with him. He wants to be the big man in control and wants all his women fawning at his feet.

Me, I am all for men and women being equals. I will not gush or fawn at JJ's feet and JJ knows it, that is why every now and again he will try and goad me into something. It infuriates him that I will not be one of his harem.

This time I saw it, I thought about it, I decided to ignore it because I'd already guessed JJ was headed for self combustion... yet again.

It's what he does on a continuous cycle, he arrives, he promises to behave, he has strops, he belittles the men around here in his mission to be top dog. If you other women are really happy to think it's amusing that JJ regards himself as the 'chosen one' and all others as mere 'earthlings' then I really feel sorry for you and am ashamed you would allow any person such power. I don't much care if it is his little game, it's psychotic, it's odd, it's demeaning and may be funny if it were done in a joking way but he's serious about his authority over others.

I think he wanted me to react and have him banned, he knows I used to react to that stuff in disgust and he enjoys seeing me react. I didn't react and I didn't ban him. He will be back though, he's posted abuse in his journal to the men around here that dare stand up to him over the years, those of whom recall the manner in which JJ has always treated me, he's also said in there that he has left here

The ban is punishment in regards to the four letter c word he used in a post in a foreign language that was totally unacceptable behaviour from any member whether it be JJ or me! By the way, that ban will lift so there is nothing stopping the man returning after then, after all he does sign off in his journal with 'until next time' just to ensure he hasn't totally burnt all his bridges.

He will be enjoying watching all his following fighting his fight for him :yh_wave Sorry Betty but now you're Insulting the Intelligence of every woman on this forum who happens to get along with JJ. Why does It Irk you so much ? So Is It, you don't like him so everyone else must be Idiots? You then do the very thing you accuse him of... get personal, bring up past history, take swipes.... as Bruv recnetly said to me ' It's not all about you'.

You're assuming his Betty Boop thread was to get a response from you... you nor anyone else here knows that for sure. To state he wants to play some sort of sexual game with you, Is to make sure new members know of his past and give the Idea he's a menace to women... Is that fair?

If the drip drip effect was stopped at the root cause, maybe he wouldn't have to vent In his journal, have you thought of that?

We all have pasts, we all have personalities, we all have other opinions of members but to Imply that anyone who happens to get along with the guy should they be female, Is fawning at his feet, Is Insulting.

I have In the past had some right spats with JJ... I for one do not fawn over anyone... I go by the rule that If someone has done me no harm, then they're OK with me until they do. That's how most people Including women are. There are male members here I actually think a lot of, but I'd still tell them they are being a tit If I believed they were.

As for your post, are assassination attempts based on past acts that have been duly paid fair?

It's past Betty and that past should not Influence on how he's moderated today and now.
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

I hear you, Betty. Very loudly. Very clearly. In addition, I must disagree with him .... Betty Boop (the cartoon caricature) is not "soooooooooooo sexy and desirable". Her New Yawk accent turns my gut. Likewise, I'm shaw-a! :wah:
Oscar Namechange

For the record... although I must state JJ and I do not message each other much, I am not In his harem :rolleyes::wah: but he wrote to me over a week ago telling me how sick of the trolling he was. Lady J had reported and nothing was done.

He was fed up over a week ago long before this all kicked off. He was extremely frustrated and all I'm saying Is that I see both sides. He shouldn't have posted the vulgarity but he felt he was being goaded long before that.

eta... Next time JJ, can you write In Turkish so I don't have to search Afrikaan on google ?

Soory, just trying to lighten the mood here.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Oscar Namechange;1458960 wrote: Sorry Betty but now you're Insulting the Intelligence of every woman on this forum who happens to get along with JJ. Why does It Irk you so much ? So Is It, you don't like him so everyone else must be Idiots? You then do the very thing you accuse him of... get personal, bring up past history, take swipes.... as Bruv recnetly said to me ' It's not all about you'.

You're assuming his Betty Boop thread was to get a response from you... you nor anyone else here knows that for sure. To state he wants to play some sort of sexual game with you, Is to make sure new members know of his past and give the Idea he's a menace to women... Is that fair?

If the drip drip effect was stopped at the root cause, maybe he wouldn't have to vent In his journal, have you thought of that?

We all have pasts, we all have personalities, we all have other opinions of members but to Imply that anyone who happens to get along with the guy should they be female, Is fawning at his feet, Is Insulting.

I have In the past had some right spats with JJ... I for one do not fawn over anyone... I go by the rule that If someone has done me no harm, then they're OK with me until they do. That's how most people Including women are. There are male members here I actually think a lot of, but I'd still tell them they are being a tit If I believed they were.

As for your post, are assassination attempts based on past acts that have been duly paid fair?

It's past Betty and that past should not Influence on how he's moderated today and now.

It's bloody obvious the whole thing was directed at me, it's bizarre you could think it can't be given the title of the thread and then the 'I wonder if our Ms Boop is the same?'

*Betty looks around to see if there is another ms boop here at forum garden*

I don't actually need to say much about jj, he bought sexuality into the thread himself, not me, he demeaned himself as he attempted to demean me.

You really do not actually read anything and take it in do you, just to make sure you get this part

I DID NOT RESPOND TO HIS SEXUALISING OF ME. HE DID NOT GET AN INFRACTION FOR STARTING THE THREAD ABOUT BETTY BOOP.

HE GOT INFRACTED FOR USING THE C WORD DISGUISED IN FOREIGN LANGUAGE.

SO STOP IMPLYING THERE IS SOME SORT OF PERSONAL MODERATION PROBLEM HERE WITH ME.

REMEMBER THE TRICKLE TRICKLE EFFECT YOU ARE ACCUSING OTHERS OF?

YOU EMPLOY IT REGULARLY.

YOU IMPLY THAT BETTY BOOP HAS A HISTORY WITH A JJ AND SHOULDN'T INFRACT OR TAKE DECISIONS BECAUSE SHE WILL BE BIASED, THERE ARE MEASURES TAKEN TO STOP SUCH BIASED EMOTIONS BEING ALLOWED TO PLAY A PART IN MODERATION.
Oscar Namechange

Betty Boop;1458967 wrote: It's bloody obvious the whole thing was directed at me, it's bizarre you could think it can't be given the title of the thread and then the 'I wonder if our Ms Boop is the same?'

*Betty looks around to see if there is another ms boop here at forum garden*

I don't actually need to say much about jj, he bought sexuality into the thread himself, not me, he demeaned himself as he attempted to demean me.

You really do not actually read anything and take it in do you, just to make sure you get this part

I DID NOT RESPOND TO HIS SEXUALISING OF ME. HE DID NOT GET AN INFRACTION FOR STARTING THE THREAD ABOUT BETTY BOOP.

HE GOT INFRACTED FOR USING THE C WORD DISGUISED IN FOREIGN LANGUAGE.

SO STOP IMPLYING THERE IS SOME SORT OF PERSONAL MODERATION PROBLEM HERE WITH ME.

REMEMBER THE TRICKLE TRICKLE EFFECT YOU ARE ACCUSING OTHERS OF?

YOU EMPLOY IT REGULARLY.

YOU IMPLY THAT BETTY BOOP HAS A HISTORY WITH A JJ AND SHOULDN'T INFRACT OR TAKE DECISIONS BECAUSE SHE WILL BE BIASED, THERE ARE MEASURES TAKEN TO STOP SUCH BIASED EMOTIONS BEING ALLOWED TO PLAY A PART IN MODERATION. So now you personally attack me ?

No Betty, I Implied no such thing and please don't say I did. You stated you had past with him....

Posted by Betty Boop

" For years JJ has tried to goad me into some sort of sexual game with him. "

You stated Betty Boop has a history with JJ... When I said he should be moderated today and In the here and now, the past I was referring to was all past, not you. I also have a past with JJ where I've had set to's with him In the past. My point was that he would have been banned or Infracted at the time so he's duly paid for that past. Please don't try to find something In my words that Isn't there and something that you so quickly accuse others of doing. Don't make accusations that I don't read anything when you have done the exact same thing with my post. Now you make further accusation toward me about the trickle effect.

You saw what you wanted to see In his post and that's of course your right. Yet you came In here with an assassination attempt rather than let members old and new make their own decision based on how they saw It. Your post was to make sure that members saw It your way by bringing up past history.

I am not disputing the Infractions or the ban, or can't you see that. I am pointing out that there's two sides to every coin and sometimes It's not so clear cut.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Without taking sides, to be fair I can see how the referral to 'past' could be taken to mean either a 'personal' past or a 'all' past. As a newcomer I don't know anything about the past, and it's probably just as well that I don't, but when the thread was undeniably directed towards BB, it's not surprising that references to 'past' be interpreted (as I did) as having a 'personal' past.

"I never said she stole my money" - put the emphasis on each word in turn and, despite being exactly the same words, the context of the sentence takes on an entirely different meaning. Perhaps not relevant here, but hopefully it demonstrates my point. When emotions are raised, the written word can easily be misconstrued.

The reason for the ban is clear & everyone seems to agree that it was warranted, so shouldn't we leave it at that?
Oscar Namechange

The problem comes when we personally attack someone. Whether the ban was warranted or not. I have not said anywhere that It wasn't or was. I have been posting with JJ for some time and I have merely pointed out his finer qualities because he does have some and should be credited with those.

But when someone posts that he wants to be In control or he's laughing at the ensuing row here... that Is Betty's opinion. It's an opinion based on her own experience with him but I'm trying to point out that there are many members here old and new who should be left to form their own opinions of JJ and not swayed by dragging up past history that he paid his dues for at the time. Throwing accusations around based on one persons opinion Is not really discussing why Hope posted... what was the ban about and who agreed with It. I'm sure Hope had the very best of Intentions and did not want to see a character assassination and further problems and her posting the thread asking the question should not be seen as a free ticket to slag JJ In his absence. I think that's wrong and I'm entitled to that opinion.

I am not taking sides as I pointed out earlier.
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

FourPart;1458977 wrote: The reason for the ban is clear & everyone seems to agree that it was warranted, so shouldn't we leave it at that?

I'm breaking my promiss to myself by making another reply to this mess but I agree with you -

that is the A to Z of it.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

High Threshold;1458961 wrote: I hear you, Betty. Very loudly. Very clearly. In addition, I must disagree with him .... Betty Boop (the cartoon caricature) is not "soooooooooooo sexy and desirable". Her New Yawk accent turns my gut. Likewise, I'm shaw-a! :wah:

Uh Oh. ;-(
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I happen to really like JJ. I hope he comes back.
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

AnneBoleyn;1458992 wrote: Uh Oh. ;-(

Don't worry .... ain't she from the Bronx? You're safe! :)
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

That's "da Bronx". I don't know, thought she was an out-of-towner.
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

OK, here is the official position :-

JJ was banned for foul and abusive language - the fact that it was in a foreign language is immaterial given the ease of translation and he is lucky that the ban was not for far longer given the language used.

His history *is* relevant and *will* be held against him - he has already received a number of warnings about his behaviour and this *will* be taken into account when considering the way we react to any further infringement. The thread he posted *will* be interpreted in light of previous behaviour.
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

AnneBoleyn;1458998 wrote: I don't know, thought she was an out-of-towner.

Why soy-ten-lee! She sounds exactly like Mia Farrow in "Radio Days", one of Woody's best films, as far as I'm concerned.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Hasn't it been a lovely day ? :-6:yh_rotfl
Chloe_88

Post by Chloe_88 »

I have missed a whole lot not being on FG for a week (or so)

I have never had a problem with JJ or Betty. Certain members I guess just don't get along.

The afrikaans well, I don't speak afrikaans but I do speak dutch and I understand that what he said went too far. Although it's not okay to say something like that, his post read to me to be a very frustrated one, frustration builing up to be precise.

I just have one question, is this a ban for days, weeks, months, life?

In my personal opinion; I like most of JJ's threads, FG will be at loss without his threads and wonderful pictures.

And FourPart: yes it was Victoria (my mum) who recommended FG :-6
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Chloe_88;1459081 wrote: And FourPart: yes it was Victoria (my mum) who recommended FG :-6
I realised that all too late. In fact I hadn't been alerted to the error I dread to think how long I might have gone on with the mistaken identity ingrained into my mind.

This is what happens with different personae in different forums.

(Oh, I feel such a fool).
Oscar Namechange

FourPart;1459094 wrote: I realised that all too late. In fact I hadn't been alerted to the error I dread to think how long I might have gone on with the mistaken identity ingrained into my mind.

(Oh, I feel such a fool). No shame there mate.
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

G#Gill;1459058 wrote: Hasn't it been a lovely day ?

Exquisitely so.
Chloe_88

Post by Chloe_88 »

FourPart;1459094 wrote: I realised that all too late. In fact I hadn't been alerted to the error I dread to think how long I might have gone on with the mistaken identity ingrained into my mind.

(Oh, I feel such a fool).

O well, It happens to all of us at some point ! :wah:
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

Chloe_88;1459147 wrote: O well, It happens to all of us at some point ! :wah:

My dear child ..are you saying that you sometimes fail to recognise your dear mother and accost strange ( but no doubt stunningly intelligent) women in the mistaken belief that they are in fact your own dear mama?
Chloe_88

Post by Chloe_88 »

Victoria;1459152 wrote: My dear child ..are you saying that you sometimes fail to recognise your dear mother and accost strange ( but no doubt stunningly intelligent) women in the mistaken belief that they are in fact your own dear mama?

well.. You know those times we are shopping and when my back is turned (during my ranting), you suddenly disappear, I turn round and say: Mum I... And then realize I'm ranting in English to a strange Dutch lady who I have just called mum..

so yeah it happens
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

chloe_88;1459154 wrote: well.. You know those times we are shopping and when my back is turned (during my ranting), you suddenly disappear, i turn round and say: Mum i... And then realize i'm ranting in english to a strange dutch lady who i have just called mum..

So yeah it happens

pmsl !
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

It's a bit like the time a few weeks back when I was down at the pool & started chatting to one of the regulars. I was puzzled at first why he seemed so perplexed & then he said "Ah! I think you're mistaking me for my Brother". Sure enough it turned out that it was his Brother who was the regular, using the pool daily, but although they're not twins, with a couple of years between them, they're frequently mistaken as such.

Return to “General Chit Chat”