What the Heck is Going on Around Here?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Silvio Dante

Post by Silvio Dante »

I've always found Betty to be a very fair and welcoming member of FG, in my short time here...:)
Lady J

Post by Lady J »

Bryn Mawr;1459000 wrote: OK, here is the official position :-

JJ was banned for foul and abusive language - the fact that it was in a foreign language is immaterial given the ease of translation and he is lucky that the ban was not for far longer given the language used.

His history *is* relevant and *will* be held against him - he has already received a number of warnings about his behaviour and this *will* be taken into account when considering the way we react to any further infringement. The thread he posted *will* be interpreted in light of previous behaviour.

Back to subject...yes he did use foul and abusive language only after having to deal with trolling and harassment from another member for months on end. One can only take so much. I reported this member and no action was taken.

NEXT: His post regarding Betty Boop was spurred by an PM from Betty to him. As she was watching him to make sure he, and others; used links in their post when needed. Perhaps some take his post as sexual overtones....other don't. It is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

Yes, I know Jj likes to flirt with the ladies but as all can see not many are threatened by his posts. It is only Tyr....FG....whatever John wants to call himself that day that has taken a attack position. BTW....I thought you were only allowed, by the TOU; one profile. How is it John Spotty has three or more? And how can he get away with insulting members? Administration should fall under the same rules as everyone else in an equal forum.

Bryn, you strike me as a fair man and I understand why you say his past is relevant to the future. He has made his amends...has he committed any more multiple "members" on the site in the last 4 years, unlike Spot/FG/Tyr and what ever he deems him self to be? Spot who accused me wrongly of being one of Jj's multiple personalities when I first joined.

Back to point: Yes, he flirts....that is not being an "Online Sexual Predator".

Personally I think Tyr owes another apologize to both Peter and Jj. Sigh....I know from experience that will never come...as he still owes me one from falsely accusing me of being Jj.

Yes, Jj used some fowl language and then everyone over reacted to his thread on Betty.

actually it strikes me as a compliment that Jj finds the drawing of Betty Boop sexy to someone who is so involved in images it would be. And then asked if Betty was sexy also. WOW! Sexual Predator for sure! :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

I'm done with this thread. You all can keep beating up everyone.

High Threshold I would suggest you post your holiday pictures in another thread.

They will have a much better "feeling" to them there. Hey! Why not post in my thread...Pictures I have taken? That would be good. :o
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

It's really unfortunate that Ted Bundy was given the chair. I mean, he sent his mother flowers each and every Mother's Day! So OK he was a petty thief and he cheated on his university examinations but he couldn't afford anything more than a VW Beetle so, you know, how would you feel? And alright, he tortured, raped, and hideously murdered more than a hundred women but golly, only after having to deal with trolling and harassment. Personally I think the laws and rules should have been waivered in his case and really, the world owes him an apology. Yes, this is what I really, really, really, really, really, think.

And then there's Charles Manson …....

Ps. Any similarity to any person or persons living or dead is purely coincidental.
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

Lady J;1460046 wrote: High Threshold I would suggest you post your holiday pictures in another thread.

They will have a much better "feeling" to them there. Hey! Why not post in my thread...Pictures I have taken? That would be good. :o

Yes, you are right of course. I only posted them there because I was asked "over there". Again I agree that they ought to have been posted in a "holiday thread" but ..... well ....... I'm sort of shy, if you know what I mean.

I don't take many photos of THINGS, they are mostly of my family and posting such photos seem too personal to me. Like I said, I'm kind of shy and I also feel that posting photos of me, my wife and my son have a pretentious nuance to it. I do realize that most people don't see it that way and they wouldn't think badly of me if I did post such photos but .......... I'm shy about such things. Thank you for your kind advice. :)
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Lady J;1460046 wrote: Back to subject...yes he did use foul and abusive language only after having to deal with trolling and harassment from another member for months on end. One can only take so much. I reported this member and no action was taken.
It wasn't trolling, we've seen years of men reacting in the exact same way to JJ. It's the modern day man reacting to the way he treats other people, be they male or female.

Lady J;1460046 wrote: NEXT: His post regarding Betty Boop was spurred by an PM from Betty to him. As she was watching him to make sure he, and others; used links in their post when needed. Perhaps some take his post as sexual overtones....other don't. It is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

Spurred by a PM sent last October?? regarding me telling him not to copy and paste without links, him then telling me he believes he is above such matters and doesn't need to do so. The whole thing ended with me telling him that in future I would defer his rule breaking to Bryn and never again would I PM with a quiet reminder just in case he'd temporarily forgotten the rules. Which is something I do with all members who forget links the first time.

Lady J;1460046 wrote: Bryn, you strike me as a fair man and I understand why you say his past is relevant to the future. He has made his amends...has he committed any more multiple "members" on the site in the last 4 years, unlike Spot/FG/Tyr and what ever he deems him self to be? Spot who accused me wrongly of being one of Jj's multiple personalities when I first joined.

Yes he has had multiple user accounts, he's even come back and joined up pretending to be female on more than one occasion so you can see why, not just spot, but the whole moderation team thought you were JJ. The name Lady J is a big factor and is totally fitting with the way JJ behaves, it implies that you are indeed his 'lady' and no doubt gave him a huge kick. I can't even begin to remember all the different persona's he's had, not sure I'd have enough fingers to count them.

Spot stopped using his 'spot' account for his own personal reasons, the he opened up his 'tyr' account. So, there are two 'user accounts' for John as a regular member around here, both accounts state his real life name and phone number, there is no hiding from 'who' he is.

The FG account is an administration account for all the behind scenes stuff that keeps the site working and cannot be considered as a multiple user account. It is a necessary account to keep the place ticking over.

Lady J;1460046 wrote: Yes, Jj used some fowl language and then everyone over reacted to his thread on Betty.

actually it strikes me as a compliment that Jj finds the drawing of Betty Boop sexy to someone who is so involved in images it would be. And then asked if Betty was sexy also. WOW! Sexual Predator for sure! :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

The point is, you have bits that JJ has chosen to tell you. I have spent years fending him off. I will not be manipulated by anyone, be they male or female. I did not join FG to be poked and prodded by a man who basically just wants me to like him and when I refuse he attacks me in a sexual manner. This is not the first time, just one of many in a long list of digs, be they here, in PM's or emails.

There are also other women who have refused to be his 'friend' who actually wish to remain anonymous as they feel foolish for getting involved. Asides from these other women who have got involved there are also other people here who do not like his approach or mannerisms to other women, and they feel his behaviour is unpleasant and sleazy.
recovering conservative

Post by recovering conservative »

Betty Boop;1460061 wrote:

There are also other women who have refused to be his 'friend' who actually wish to remain anonymous as they feel foolish for getting involved. Asides from these other women who have got involved there are also other people here who do not like his approach or mannerisms to other women, and they feel his behaviour is unpleasant and sleazy.

I usually accept friend requests, but never send them. I'm okay with those who want to get to know people on a forum, but what draws me to forum discussions is the opportunity to talk about things that don't interest people I know personally or work with.

When it comes to this "friending" thing; one of the reasons why I am starting to wonder if I should give up on discussion forums entirely is because they have so easily descended into pits of trolling and misogyny. In general, it's a guy thing. I don't find too many women (at least real women) engaging in trolling and abuse online. And, many times, the female members of a forum start quitting or going inactive because of abuse, and the sense that their views on subjects are being treated with condescension and not being taken seriously.

These are certainly issues that go on in real life...not just in the cyber universe. In recent years, I worked for one term as a union rep, and much of my time was spent dealing with the tensions created from incidents of sexual harassment, which began when the first female employees started coming in over 20 years ago. Things seemed to be getting better for a time, but were starting to get worse in recent years for reasons we're still not completely sure of. One of my great frustrations from my time as a union rep. was having to defend guys who honestly did not believe what they were saying or doing was sexual harassment, but kept insisting that they be judged by their claimed intentions, and not from the way those words or behaviours were taken by complaining female employees!

I don't know the specifics behind what's going on here, but I think that where it might relate to my personal experiences is: if a guy is friending or attempting to friend female members of a forum, and keeps sending friend requests, and perhaps sending pm's asking 'why haven't you accepted my friend request' as an example; that is already an example of sexual harassment whether he is aware of it or not! Maybe it's a bit of modern narcissism coming in to play here, but there should be a rule that no means no, and stop asking if you've already been told "no" at least once before.
Chloe_88

Post by Chloe_88 »

I'm sorry I don't understand why there is a need to continue discussing about what someone did and what that person might have ment by it, when the person in question has already publicly apologised. The past is the past, I think it should be left for what it is.
recovering conservative

I haven't mentioned any names in my comments, about internal conflicts here, because I don't really know the people, and I don't think that's what is important. The net result should be to establish clear principles of conduct that reduce the likelihood of claims and disputes of harassment, and enforce them. All else is moot.
Chloe_88

Post by Chloe_88 »

recovering conservative;1460168 wrote: I haven't mentioned any names in my comments, about internal conflicts here, because I don't really know the people, and I don't think that's what is important. The net result should be to establish clear principles of conduct that reduce the likelihood of claims and disputes of harassment, and enforce them. All else is moot.

My comment was ment in general, not just about yours. Anyway, people cry sexual harassment all to quick, and that's from me, a woman!

Women are the worst in my opinion (in general, in life), that's why I work with men, not women. Women pick the most fights, talk about eachother behind backs etc.

Back to my point: I'm sorry I don't understand why there is a need to continue discussing about what someone did and what that person might have ment by it, when the person in question has already publicly apologised. The past is the past, I think it should be left for what it is.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Chloe_88;1460170 wrote: My comment was ment in general, not just about yours. Anyway, people cry sexual harassment all to quick, and that's from me, a woman!

Women are the worst in my opinion (in general, in life), that's why I work with men, not women. Women pick the most fights, talk about eachother behind backs etc.

Back to my point: I'm sorry I don't understand why there is a need to continue discussing about what someone did and what that person might have ment by it, when the person in question has already publicly apologised. The past is the past, I think it should be left for what it is.

Problem is that there are many who just MUST have the last word.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
recovering conservative

Chloe_88;1460170 wrote: My comment was ment in general, not just about yours. Anyway, people cry sexual harassment all to quick, and that's from me, a woman!

Maybe things are different in Holland than they are in North America, because...speaking from the pov of someone who has had to address the issue of sexual harassment charges from newer female employees against usually more senior male employees, few if any, are quick to make a false harassment charge! Usually, they say nothing, or they may try to ignore it or deal with it without drawing further attention. Sometimes, if they 'try to get along' and engage in the banter, that by itself is used against them if they later file a grievance or press charges against someone.

What "bad" behaviour I see coming from women, could be described as attempting to use the system that they find themselves stuck with. That's been true throughout history. And it's ironic that the greatest complaints about women being deceiving, manipulative and dishonest, come from the most patriarchal, repressive cultures in the world (just talk to some Arab men as a quick example). In cultures where women have greater equality and freedom from violence - including intimidation or the threat of violence, I don't see as many stories complaining about how bad women are.

So, it's a serious issue to me, and something that decent men should attempt to see from a vantage point outside their own narrow interests, and I believe also an issue that women should stick together on and support each other, rather than forming factions, and allowing themselves to be divided and exploited by our sick modern day excuse of a culture.
Chloe_88

Post by Chloe_88 »

Holland isn't any different.

I know all about sexual harassment and much worse from personal experience.

Women can be the worst, maybe you haven't seen it, but it's there , it has nothing to do with where they have come from, or systems.

For those who have experienced true sexual harassment or worse it's terrible when a wolf cries sexual harassment. Believe me. Again to make myself clear, this is ment in general day to day life. People who cry wolf make it so much more difficult for the true sexual harassment victims.

But this is going off topic now. I think my previous question was quite clear, so I will not repeat it again.
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

Chloe_88;1460177 wrote: Women can be the worst, maybe you haven't seen it, but it's there ..... For those who have experienced true sexual harassment or worse it's terrible when a wolf cries sexual harassment.

Good post, Chloe.
recovering conservative

Chloe_88;1460177 wrote:

But this is going off topic now. I think my previous question was quite clear, so I will not repeat it again.

FWIW, I am finding myself despising at least one of Jj's foes also. But, I still don't want to wade into the personal conflicts.
Chloe_88

Post by Chloe_88 »

recovering conservative;1460183 wrote: FWIW, I am finding myself despising at least one of Jj's foes also. But, I still don't want to wade into the personal conflicts.

I don't know JJ as such. I was speaking in general about the sexual harassment. For the rest I asked why someone needs to be attacked or discussed about even after public apology. * Unless I have misread your last post, Comments like your last will start personal conflict.
Chloe_88

Post by Chloe_88 »

High Threshold;1460181 wrote: Good post, Chloe.

Thank you HT !
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

Chloe_88;1460190 wrote: ... Comments like your last will start personal conflict.

Yes. He's already started a personal conflict. He just hasn't said who it is ....... yet.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

If he's got any sense he will leave the matter at that. If not then what he says could be construed as deliberate needling and I dare say he may be taken to task by Admin.
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

G#Gill;1460227 wrote: If he's got any sense he will leave the matter at that. If not then what he says could be construed as deliberate needling and I dare say he may be taken to task by Admin.

Oh-aye!
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

When something gets goofed up, a woman will often comment, frustratedly "Men!!!", which the men usually take in good humour. But if the reverse happens, and the man were to utter "Women!!!", then he's up for sexual harassment.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

FourPart;1460271 wrote: When something gets goofed up, a woman will often comment, frustratedly "Men!!!", which the men usually take in good humour. But if the reverse happens, and the man were to utter "Women!!!", then he's up for sexual harassment.

My wife says that is true, because we wouldn't have screwed things up had we listened to the women.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Chloe_88

Post by Chloe_88 »

FourPart;1460271 wrote: When something gets goofed up, a woman will often comment, frustratedly "Men!!!", which the men usually take in good humour. But if the reverse happens, and the man were to utter "Women!!!", then he's up for sexual harassment.

Very true!

When I went for my job interview ( I was one of 5 women, the rest where men), I did get asked if I could handle a joke. As the guy said: men will be men and will make a little joke from time to time. Jee I grew up with my dad, foot in mouth syndrome, so I don't get worried about little jokes and whatnot.

Shame though, I transferred to the business departement, I was the only woman. I never felt so relaxed. Now theres women everywhere screaming when some guy even says goodmorning to them...
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Oh for pity's sake FourPart ! What was it that whatsisface conservative said about misogynists ? :rolleyes:
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

G#Gill;1460285 wrote: Oh for pity's sake FourPart ! What was it that whatsisface conservative said about misogynists ? :rolleyes:Was he harassing Miss O'Gynist then?
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

Chloe_88;1460284 wrote: ... Now theres women everywhere screaming when some guy even says goodmorning to them...

I know. I've commented on the beauty of a woman's hair and how one time a woman's pefume reminded me of my very first girlfriend - I was insulted and called a sexist. The same thing happend when I offered to help a woman who was having trouble with a computer program!

NOTE: You men! Please come and take a few of my female countrymen with you when you leave.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

FourPart;1460288 wrote: Was he harassing Miss O'Gynist then?

Of course he was, but I don't know whether it was because she was Irish, although I did hear that he wanted to kiss the 'Blarney Stone' and he got a slapped face when he made an approach ! :yh_rotfl
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

High Threshold;1460298 wrote: I know. I've commented on the beauty of a woman's hair and how one time a woman's pefume reminded me of my very first girlfriend - I was insulted and called a sexist. The same thing happend when I offered to help a woman who was having trouble with a computer program!

NOTE: You men! Please come and take a few of my female countrymen with you when you leave.

Ere, I hope that doesn't include me ! :p :lips:
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

G#Gill;1460305 wrote: Ere, I hope that doesn't include me ! :p :lips:

I had no idea you're Swedish! I was sure you were Burmese, from "up country", beyond Mandalay somewhere. :p
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

High Threshold;1460311 wrote: I had no idea you're Swedish! I was sure you were Burmese, from "up country", beyond Mandalay somewhere. :p

Oops :o ..............just shows that one must read items properly mustn't one :yh_rotfl

Actually HT, I'm from the outer reaches of Robin Hood country of the East Midlands of England, just north of London ! :wah: (the natives are a little more friendly there ;) :) )
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

G#Gill;1460372 wrote: Oops :o ..............just shows that one must read items properly mustn't one :yh_rotfl

Naw, that's no fun at all.

G#Gill;1460372 wrote: Actually HT, I'm from the outer reaches of Robin Hood country

Are you now? Little John's me best mate! Of course, those of us closest to him just call him by his first name, Little. :D
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Oh you are friendly with Little ? My pal was Billy Red, the musician, he was quite talented. :guitarist

Well that has nicely hi-jacked the thread :yh_rotfl Not sure what Robin Hood has got to do with Jj being banned ! :-3 :thinking: :sneaky:
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

G#Gill;1460375 wrote: Oh you are friendly with Little ? My pal was Billy Red, the musician, he was quite talented. :guitarist

Well that has nicely hi-jacked the thread :yh_rotfl Not sure what Robin Hood has got to do with Jj being banned ! :-3 :thinking: :sneaky:
Well, you said Billy Red was a musician - Was he in a band?
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Oh yes, he was in a band of merry men. Somebody said he played the loot (not sure how you play money though !) :-3 :) I can't imagine him playing gold coins but maybe instead of coins he played notes ? :lips:
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Well, there you go - he was band as well.
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

G#Gill;1460375 wrote: My pal was Billy Red, the musician, he was quite talented. :guitarist

It is indeed a small world! I know of him (through Little's hilariously, animated recounts of "the day") but I've never actually met him.

Very few people know that he played the part of Cacofonix the Bard, by the way, in "Asterix: The Movie". He also played back-up in Rick Wakeman's "The Myths and Legends of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table". He did rather well except that the transition of "going electric" left him in a state of depression, and he only fully recovered during the gig with Asterix.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

High Threshold;1460389 wrote: It is indeed a small world! I know of him (through Little's hilariously, animated recounts of "the day") but I've never actually met him.

Very few people know that he played the part of Cacofonix the Bard, by the way, in "Asterix: The Movie". He also played back-up in Rick Wakeman's "The Myths and Legends of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table". He did rather well except that the transition of "going electric" left him in a state of depression, and he only fully recovered during the gig with Asterix.

Ah yes, Cacofonix the Bard ! Now you come to mention it, I thought he did the part justice - a very high volume part if I remember rightly. The transition to 'electric' also involved him getting the hang of the guitar.................... he was OK with the two 'E' strings and the 'A', 'D' and 'B' but he kept getting awful problems with his 'G' string ! :lips: :guitarist
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

G#Gill;1460398 wrote: Ah yes, Cacofonix the Bard ! Now you come to mention it, I thought he did the part justice - a very high volume part if I remember rightly. The transition to 'electric' also involved him getting the hang of the guitar.................... he was OK with the two 'E' strings and the 'A', 'D' and 'B' but he kept getting awful problems with his 'G' string ! :lips: :guitarist

"problems with his 'G' string"! Oh Jesus! I'm a mere novice in your presence. What ever made me think I could compete?

Attached files

Return to “General Chit Chat”