Are You Fearful of the Caliphate Movement?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
recovering conservative

Post by recovering conservative »

High Threshold;1459706 wrote: Another excellent post - and right on the money.

Thanks...although I wish it wasn't a description of where we are headed!

Saint_;1459709 wrote: You have committed thoughtcrime, and I'm going to rat you out to the thought police...right after the ten minutes of hate assembly!

(Reference to Orwell's 1984 where the West was permanently at war with the East so as it give the people a common enemy and control them.)

The way things are going these days, it seems like Orwellian references need no explanation! Well, there may be a few clueless boobs out there; but the wars-of-opportunity, increasing surveillance, declining civil rights, increasing militarization of police etc. have become issues where right and left agree on....and it's only a few idiots in the middle who are clued out or just don't want to know what's going on in outside their doors.
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

recovering conservative;1459738 wrote: Thanks...although I wish it wasn't a description of where we are headed!

"Headed"??? There's no need to sugar-coat the pill. I've been round the block more than once.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Well, watching the latest videos of the IS people killing off Syrian soldiers and Kurds who had surrendered, It seems clear that they are fighting to the death.

There is no surrender. That seems to be the message. It is fight or die when facing them. That clears the fog of war a bit.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Wandrin

Post by Wandrin »

It looks to me as if it is a return of Wahhabism. I can see why the Saudis are divided as to ISIS.
Silvio Dante

Post by Silvio Dante »

The Shia and Kurds are heroic in their defence of civilization against the barbarism of ISIS.

We owe them a huge debt of gratitude...

Return to “General Chit Chat”