Draw Quarter

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Lon

Draw Quarter

Post by Lon »

I am sitting here thinking about what I would think is a suitable and just punishment for Isis members and their supporters and I can't come up with anything severe or horrible enough that duplicates their horrendous atrocities except maybe the old Draw & Quarter.
Smaug

Draw Quarter

Post by Smaug »

Lon;1484419 wrote: I am sitting here thinking about what I would think is a suitable and just punishment for Isis members and their supporters and I can't come up with anything severe or horrible enough that duplicates their horrendous atrocities except maybe the old Draw & Quarter.

They are the scum of the Earth, Lon. Whilst I heartily agree with the sentiment, we mustn't make martyrs of them. We must make devils of them!

The only question is...How?
" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.
Lon

Draw Quarter

Post by Lon »

Maybe if they were drowned in Pork Fat it would preclude Martyrdom.
Smaug

Draw Quarter

Post by Smaug »

Lon;1484423 wrote: Maybe if they were drowned in Pork Fat it would preclude Martyrdom.

Allah probably wouldn't want 'em in his garden of Jannat after that! I certainly wouldn't!!
" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.
Snowfire

Draw Quarter

Post by Snowfire »

Lon;1484419 wrote: I am sitting here thinking about what I would think is a suitable and just punishment for Isis members and their supporters and I can't come up with anything severe or horrible enough that duplicates their horrendous atrocities except maybe the old Draw & Quarter.

Doesnt really make us any better than them, then, does it. I thought we had left the dark ages behind. Something we accuse the fundamentalists of.
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Smaug

Draw Quarter

Post by Smaug »

Snowfire;1484427 wrote: Doesnt really make us any better than them, then, does it. I thought we had left the dark ages behind. Something we accuse the fundamentalists of.

Also true. Mind you, the way ISIS are going, the whole world's going to be against them!

As Napoleon said "When your enemy (ISIS, in this case) is making a mistake, don't interrupt him!"
Bruv

Draw Quarter

Post by Bruv »

Every time I hear about IS atrocities I recall that sequence from Vietnam where the children run toward the camera, and the naked girl being dowsed with water to soothe the napalm burnt skin, and wonder if at least some of the recent news coverage is political softening up.....................like before shock and awe was so desperately needed.......remember ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Smaug

Draw Quarter

Post by Smaug »

That's also possible,Bruv. Nothing like whipping the populace into a frenzy, then BAM, go in hard. Bush/Bliar did this with WMD in Iraq. However, ISIS are committing atrocities, and unless we get to the roots of the problems besetting various nations and cultures around the globe, and make a real effort at solving them fairly and peaceably, it's only a matter of time until someone,somewhere, sets a chain of events off that ends with Mankind's demise.
AnneBoleyn

Draw Quarter

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I see no reason to torture. One shot through the head does the trick. Simplify.
Smaug

Draw Quarter

Post by Smaug »

AnneBoleyn;1484434 wrote: I see no reason to torture. One shot through the head does the trick. Simplify.

And makes martyrs of them. We need to stop the allure of joining ISIS, THEN make the remainder look like devils. If the Muslim world then sees them as haram ( tainted/forbidden ), it's job done, as ISIS "withers on the vine".
along-for-the-ride

Draw Quarter

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Taking it down a notch, how does one thwart bullies? Can the same response apply to Isis? Just wondering.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Smaug

Draw Quarter

Post by Smaug »

along-for-the-ride;1484437 wrote: Taking it down a notch, how does one thwart bullies? Can the same response apply to Isis? Just wondering.

Either ignore 'em, or "knock 'em for six", as us Brits sometimes say. Unfortunately, it's not that simple. To stop a Muslim from doing something, he's got to feel like he's acting against Allah's wishes, then you stand a chance. The more we shoot them, the more they will flock to join the Jihaad, because dying for Allah in a holy war is a sure way of reaching Jannat/Heaven. It's a massive "recruiting Sergeant", so-to-speak.
Bruv

Draw Quarter

Post by Bruv »

The worse possible punishment to give anybody that wants martyrdom is to let them moulder in prison.
Smaug

Draw Quarter

Post by Smaug »

Bruv;1484450 wrote: The worse possible punishment to give anybody that wants martyrdom is to let them moulder in prison.

Also true. You'll need an awful lot of prisons,then! With the associated running costs. Probably un-affordable,though.
Bruv

Draw Quarter

Post by Bruv »

Smaug;1484451 wrote: Also true. You'll need an awful lot of prisons,then! With the associated running costs. Probably un-affordable,though.

How much did the invasion of Iraq cost......in money......let alone the lives ?

2.......trillion ????? dollars it says HERE

Thats a few prisons and upkeep ?
Smaug

Draw Quarter

Post by Smaug »

Bruv;1484453 wrote: How much did the invasion of Iraq cost......in money......let alone the lives ?

2.......trillion ????? dollars it says HERE

Thats a few prisons and upkeep ?

It surely is, Bruv. It costs (in the UK) approximately £1000 per week to keep 1 prisoner incarcerated. If you multiply that by the total number of prisoners held (in this case it could be hundreds of thousands, or even millions of prisoners), then multiply that by, say 40 years (for a good, long moulder inside), the bill would probably bankrupt the country!

The lives are a different story; I demonstrated in London against Iraq, hence my bitterness to W (double-yer) and Bliars false-flag crusade in the first place!

NOT IN MY NAME was the general feeling, and it still is for me.
tude dog

Draw Quarter

Post by tude dog »

I'm not into the torture thing.

That serves as much use as picking the wings off a fly.

Just kill them.

What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
tude dog

Draw Quarter

Post by tude dog »

Bruv;1484450 wrote: The worse possible punishment to give anybody that wants martyrdom is to let them moulder in prison.

I don't see the problem, just give them what you say they want.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Smaug

Draw Quarter

Post by Smaug »

tude dog;1484471 wrote: I'm not into the torture thing.

That serves as much use as picking the wings off a fly.

Just kill them.

AB said similar in a previous post...

Either ignore 'em, or "knock 'em for six", as us Brits sometimes say. Unfortunately, it's not that simple. To stop a Muslim from doing something, he's got to feel like he's acting against Allah's wishes, then you stand a chance. The more we shoot them, the more they will flock to join the Jihaad, because dying for Allah in a holy war is a sure way of reaching Jannat/Heaven. It's a massive "recruiting Sergeant", so-to-speak.

We can't kill them all. If we did somehow manage it, that would make us worse than them!

Return to “General Chit Chat”