How To Get To Heaven When You Die

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Ted

Post by Ted »

The Bible is definitely not a history book though there is some history in there but not much.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Ted;1506955 wrote: xfrod the idea that most sc holars agree with you is false. I have been studying formally under some of the best recognized scholars in the world. During my university years I was taught how to read the ancient Hebrew and the Kkoine Greek of the new testament. Also taught about interpretatio. Neither language is suited to translation. The best is The word translaiteration. Just reading a new National Geographic book on "The he Bible and Archaeology". The best recognized archaeologists recognized around the world simply do not agree with you.

Now having been trained formally in translation (transliteration) go ahead and tell me how it should be done. LOL

No, the idea that most scholars agree with me is True. I have been studying some of the best scholars in the world as well and for many years. Also, I would bet you a MILLION dollars that NONE of the so called scholars that you are referring to are Conservative scholars, but rather a bunch of Liberals who don't even believe the Bible in the first place. In order to be recognized by the scientific community, you have to believe in evolution, no matter how qualified you are they won't respect you in the main stream, so it doesn't matter to me. You obviously haven't learned a thing from those so called scholars. You need to be taught by a real University like Liberty University, Bob Jones or Pensacola University about how to interpret the Bible. They are the real deal, not those phony liberals who don't know what they are talking about. If they can't see God's hand in the writing of the Bible, then they are blind. When you attend a real Conservative University and get the other side of the story, then come back and talk to me about how qualified you are. Until then...I SMH...
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Ted;1506957 wrote: The Bible is definitely not a history book though there is some history in there but not much.

The whole thing is history. It's about the History of the World from it's creation, to the fall of man, to man's need of a Savior to God sending a Savior, to the Savior coming, His people rejecting Him and the out calling of the Church because His people rejected Him, the Church will be raptured, His people will turn back to Him and He will return to this earth to rule and reign forever. It's history alright, inspired by God Himself.
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

xfrodobagginsx;1507002 wrote: The whole thing is history. It's about the History of the World from it's creation, to the fall of man, to man's need of a Savior to God sending a Savior, to the Savior coming, His people rejecting Him and the out calling of the Church because His people rejected Him, the Church will be raptured, His people will turn back to Him and He will return to this earth to rule and reign forever. It's history alright, inspired by God Himself.

Sounds more like a Brothers Grimm's story.
Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

The creeds of the churches contain conceptions of god's nature and of his action toward the human race which are intolerable to the ethical mind of the twentieth century.

The conception of one being, human or divine, suffering, though innocent, for the sins of others, is revolting to the universal sense of justice and fair dealing.

No school, no family, no court, would punish the innocent when the guilty were known. This conception of god is hideous, cruel, insane, and no christian church which tolerates it can be efficient in the promotion of human welfare and happiness.

Dr Charles W Eliot
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

The Preservation Of Scripture:

Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

The bible was written by men who believed the earth to be flat and that the sun was orbiting the earth.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Fuzzy;1507041 wrote: The bible was written by men who believed the earth to be flat and that the sun was orbiting the earth.

The Earth Hangs In Outer Space On Nothing:

Job 26:7 He stretches out the north over empty space; He hangs the earth on nothing.

The Earth Is Round:

Isa 40:22 It is He who sits above the circle of the earth, And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers, Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in.

How Did They Know That? Did They Travel In Space? Or Did God Reveal These Truths To The Writers?

Answer: God Revealed It To The Writers.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Fuzzy;1507014 wrote: The creeds of the churches contain conceptions of god's nature and of his action toward the human race which are intolerable to the ethical mind of the twentieth century.

The conception of one being, human or divine, suffering, though innocent, for the sins of others, is revolting to the universal sense of justice and fair dealing.

No school, no family, no court, would punish the innocent when the guilty were known. This conception of god is hideous, cruel, insane, and no christian church which tolerates it can be efficient in the promotion of human welfare and happiness.

Dr Charles W Eliot

False
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

xfrodobagginsx;1507047 wrote:

The Earth Is Round:

Of course it is. Round and flat like a pancake.:yh_rotfl
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

The scientist says 'Here are the facts. What conclusions can we draw from them?'

The religionist says 'Here's the conclusion. What facts can we find to support it?'
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Fuzzy;1507132 wrote: The scientist says 'Here are the facts. What conclusions can we draw from them?'

The religionist says 'Here's the conclusion. What facts can we find to support it?'

So what you are saying is that evolution is a religion. K thanks. I knew that already though.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Fuzzy;1507058 wrote: Of course it is. Round and flat like a pancake.:yh_rotfl

A circle isn't flat, it's a shape. The earth is circular in shape, it is a true statement. I also noticed that you ignored the part about the earth hanging in outer space. How do you suppose they would have figured that out 3,500 years ago long before space travel, airplane travel, ect.?
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Violetmay;1058900 wrote: I don't believe in heaven or hell, or god for that matter so said no. I have my own thing going on.

If you don't believe in the sun or the moon, that doesn't make them any less real. The truth is that heaven and hell are real places.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx;1507141 wrote: If you don't believe in the sun or the moon, that doesn't make them any less real. The truth is that heaven and hell are real places.

xfrodobagginsx;1507139 wrote: A circle isn't flat, it's a shape. The earth is circular in shape, it is a true statement. I also noticed that you ignored the part about the earth hanging in outer space. How do you suppose they would have figured that out 3,500 years ago long before space travel, airplane travel, ect.?

xfrodobagginsx;1507133 wrote: So what you are saying is that evolution is a religion. K thanks. I knew that already though.

Your logic, sir, is impeccably illogical.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

xfrodobagginsx;1507139 wrote: A circle isn't flat, it's a shape. The earth is circular in shape, it is a true statement. I also noticed that you ignored the part about the earth hanging in outer space. How do you suppose they would have figured that out 3,500 years ago long before space travel, airplane travel, ect.?

They didn't figure out anything in those days, they just made everything up because they didn't understand anything and probably had a lucky guess.

As for the earth, it is a sphere. Why do you think the catholic bishops warned Columbus that he would fall off the edge of the earth for his lack of faith?
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

It is easier to believe than it is to think. Christians believe that god created Jesus Christ, his only beloved son. The god created Satan to tempt Jesus into evil. In the Holy Trinity (three: god, son, holy spirit), Jesus Christ is god reincarnated. So, god created Jesus Christ, inhabits Jesus' body, then created Satan to tempt himself (god) into evil, then blamed it on Satan and Jesus Christ, which he created. If this sounds deranged, because it is.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Fuzzy;1507154 wrote: They didn't figure out anything in those days, they just made everything up because they didn't understand anything and probably had a lucky guess.

As for the earth, it is a sphere. Why do you think the catholic bishops warned Columbus that he would fall off the edge of the earth for his lack of faith?

They didn't know the Bible.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Fuzzy;1507155 wrote: It is easier to believe than it is to think. Christians believe that god created Jesus Christ, his only beloved son. The god created Satan to tempt Jesus into evil. In the Holy Trinity (three: god, son, holy spirit), Jesus Christ is god reincarnated. So, god created Jesus Christ, inhabits Jesus' body, then created Satan to tempt himself (god) into evil, then blamed it on Satan and Jesus Christ, which he created. If this sounds deranged, because it is.

Easier to believe than to think like the way you believe in evolution. Christianity is supported by the actual evidence. Jesus Christ is God, we don't believe that God created Him, we believe that He IS God. God created satan, but not to tempt Eve. Shows that you don't even know how Christians believe. satan was created perfect and good, but he fell and convinced 1/3 of the angels to follow him into his fall. No one believes that Jesus is Godreincarnated. He is God in the flesh. He is the Great I AM who spoke with Moses and gave the 10 commandments 1,500 years before His birth. You don't even have a grip on what Chrsitians actually believe and then you act like you know what you are talking about. What a joke.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Fuzzy;1507154 wrote: They didn't figure out anything in those days, they just made everything up because they didn't understand anything and probably had a lucky guess.

You don't even have a proper view of what it was like in those days. They actually had scientists back then who studied the world, stars, ect. In a world surrounded by gravity and objects that pull down to the earth, you really think that they merely guessed that the earth hangs on nothing? Really? No, God revealed it. So, I guess you have never heard the expression "Circle the earth"? Look up the phrase "Circle the earth" on Google. It's a very common phrase. Does that mean that the people don't know that the earth is a sphere? It DOES indicate that the people know that the earth is round.
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

xfrodobagginsx;1507249 wrote: They actually had scientists back then who studied the world, stars, ect.

That is true enough. It is also true that the church tortured and killed scientists for publishing their findings.

Of course they said that the earth hangs on nothing, since there wasn't a rope or chain with a skyhook to be seen. What they didn't say is 'The earth is a sphere.'

You may twist your religious nonsense until the cows come home, it won't make it true.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Fuzzy;1507259 wrote: That is true enough. It is also true that the church tortured and killed scientists for publishing their findings.

Of course they said that the earth hangs on nothing, since there wasn't a rope or chain with a skyhook to be seen. What they didn't say is 'The earth is a sphere.'

You may twist your religious nonsense until the cows come home, it won't make it true.

Again, you are showing your ignorance of the Bible. That passage was written 3,500 years ago, 1,500 or more years before the Church came on the Scene. It probably written before God gave the law to Moses and the Jewish Nation. There was no Church to kill any scientists. They don't have to say that the earth is a sphere to say that it's round. The circle of the earth CLEARLY denotes that it's round. Hangs on nothing doesn't say anything about ropes. Maybe you shouldn't comment on things unless you know what in the world you are talking about.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

koan;1353419 wrote: I found a doorway to heaven. It's right next to the one that leads to John Malkovich's brain. I'm not keen on giving away the location as it's kind of a scary place and I'd hate to feel responsible for anyone losing their mind.

:yh_bye
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Fuzzy;1492521 wrote: I'm really glad I'm not afraid of heights. Just in case I have to go to heaven one day.

If you don't go there, it's because you chose not to go there.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

littleCJelkton;1398686 wrote: Do we have that feature ????

That's not nice.
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

xfrodobagginsx;1507291 wrote: If you don't go there, it's because you chose not to go there.

No matter what you think, we all go back to where we came from, the stars. Heaven and Hell are not real places. Mind you, it's quite hot inside a star, but that never worried any of us.

Here's a 6 million dollar question for you:

If god has a plan for you, why do you look both ways crossing the street?
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Fuzzy;1507365 wrote: No matter what you think, we all go back to where we came from, the stars. Heaven and Hell are not real places. Mind you, it's quite hot inside a star, but that never worried any of us.

What it goes back to is first cause. The scientific fact is that matter and energy cannot be created nor destroyed via the laws of thermodynamics and conservation of energy. In other words, it is scientifically impossible for matter and energy to exist, yet here it is. Therefore, it's easy to conclude that God created matter and energy from nothing.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Creation Science Links:

Creation Evidence Museum of Texas

Creation Evidence

Proof evolution is WRONG

Scientific Evidence for Creation Home page
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Fuzzy;1507365 wrote: No matter what you think, we all go back to where we came from, the stars. Heaven and Hell are not real places. Mind you, it's quite hot inside a star, but that never worried any of us.

What it goes back to is first cause. The scientific fact is that matter and energy cannot be created nor destroyed via the laws of thermodynamics and conservation of energy. In other words, it is scientifically impossible for matter and energy to exist, yet here it is. Therefore, it's easy to conclude that God created matter and energy from nothing.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Creation/Evolution Debate - Kent Hovind vs. Ben Waggoner (University of Central Arkansas)

xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

From KingDavid8.com

Are there ACTUAL parallels between the Jesus and Horus stories?

Hardly. For those unfamiliar with the Horus story, Horus is a character in Egyptian mythology, the son of the gods Isis and Osiris. There actually appear to be multiple dieties named 'Horus', but the one who is the son of Isis and Osiris is the one the critics claim influenced the Jesus story. For a quick and unbiased debunking of this story, go to any search engine and find a site on Egyptian mythology and read the Horus story for yourself (I've provided some links at the bottom of the page), or check the mythology section at your local library (go ahead, I dare you!). Acharya S's book "The Christ Conspiracy" is the apparent source of this list, but the author provides evidentiarly footnotes for only five of the claims, and those footnotes frequently disagree with her own claims!

By the way, I had a discussion about this list with Acharya S, the author of the book "The Christ Conspiracy: The Greatest Story Ever Sold". To view a text of our discussion, go to this site.

Here are the claims of parallels between Jesus and Horus, with my responses:

1) Horus was born of the virgin Isis-Meri on December 25th in a cave/manger with his birth being announced by a star in the East and attended by three wise men.

Let’s take this one apart and deal with each separate issue:

Horus’ mother was not a virgin. She was married to Osiris, and there is no reason to suppose she was abstinent after marriage. Horus was, per the story, miraculously conceived. Seth had killed and dismembered Osiris, then Isis put her husband's dead body back together and had intercourse with it. In some versions, she used a hand-made phallus since she wasn't able to find that part of her husband. So while it was a miraculous conception, it was not a virgin birth.

Horus was given three different birthdates in mythology, one of which does correspond to December 25th. But since Jesus wasn't, per the evidence, born on 12/25, this isn't a parallel.

"Meri" (technically "Mr-ee") is the egyptian word for "beloved" and was apparently applied to Isis prior to Jesus' time, as a title, not as part of her name. But since there were probably thousands of women between Horus' time and Jesus' with a name or title that was a variation on "Mary", there's no real reason to suppose that Jesus' mother was named after Isis in particular. Even if, hypothetically, the Gospel authors themselves fabricated Jesus' mother and decided to name her "Mary", it's far more likely that they named her after other women from around their time named "Mary" than it is that they named her after "Isis-Meri"

Horus was born in a swamp, not a cave/manger. Acharya's footnotes for this point only make the claim that Jesus was born in a cave, and say nothing about Horus being born in one.

Horus' birth was not announced by a star in the east

There were no “three wise men” at Horus’ birth, or at Jesus’ for that matter (the Bible never gives the number of wise men, and they showed up at Jesus’ home, not at the manger, probably when Jesus was a year or two old).

Acharya's source for the last two claims appears to be Massey, who says "the Star in the East that arose to announce the birth of the babe (Jesus) was Orion, which is therefore called the star of Horus. That was once the star of the three kings; for the 'three kings' is still a name of three stars in Orion's belt . . . " Massey's apparently getting mixed up, and then the critics are misinterpreting it. Orion is not a star, but a constellation, of which there are three stars in a row making up the belt of Orion. However, there is no evidence that these three stars were called the "Three Kings" prior to Jesus' time, nor even prior to the 19th century, for that matter.

And even if there is a specific star called 'the star of Horus', there's no legend stating that it announced Horus' birth (as the critics are claiming) or that the three stars in Orion's belt attended Horus' birth in any way.

2) His earthly father was named "Seb" ("Joseph").

First of all, there is no parallel between the Egyptian name “Seb” and the Hebrew name “Joseph”, other than the fact that they’re common names. Also, Seb was Osiris’ father, not Horus’.

3) He was of royal descent.

This one’s true! But it's not really a comparison to Jesus. When followers speak of Jesus being of 'royal descent', they usually mean His being a descendent of King David, an earthly king. Horus was, according to the myth, descended from heavenly royalty (as Jesus was), being the son of the main god.

4) At age 12, he was a child teacher in the Temple, and at 30, he was baptized, having disappeared for 18 years.

He never taught in any temple and was never baptized. Also, Jesus didn't 'disappear' in the years between His teaching in the temple and baptism. He worked humbly as a carpenter.

5) Horus was baptized in the river Eridanus or Iarutana (Jordan) by "Anup the Baptizer" ("John the Baptist"), who was decapitated.

Again, Horus was never baptized. There is no “Anup the Baptizer” in the story.

6) He had 12 disciples, two of whom were his "witnesses" and were named "Anup" and "Aan" (the two "Johns").

Horus had four disciples (called ‘Heru-Shemsu’). There’s another reference to sixteen followers, and a group of followers called ‘mesnui’ (blacksmiths) who join Horus in battle, but are never numbered. But there’s no reference to twelve followers or any of them being named “Anup” or “Aan”.

7) He performed miracles, exorcised demons and raised El-Azarus ("El-Osiris"), from the dead.

He did perform miracles, but he never exorcised demons or raised his father from the dead. Also, Osiris is never referred to as ‘El-Azarus’ or ‘El-Osiris’ (clearly an attempt to make his name more closely resemble the Bible’s “Lazarus”).

8) Horus walked on water.

No, he did not.

9) His personal epithet was "Iusa," the "ever-becoming son" of "Ptah," the "Father." He was thus called "Holy Child."

Horus was never referred to as “Iusa” (nor was anyone in Egyptian history - the word does not exist) or “Holy Child”.

10) He delivered a "Sermon on the Mount" and his followers recounted the "Sayings of Iusa."

Horus never delivered such a sermon, and, as pointed out above, he was never referred to as “Iusa”.

11) Horus was transfigured on the Mount.

No, he was not.

12) He was crucified between two thieves, buried for three days in a tomb, and resurrected.

Horus was never crucified. There’s an unofficial story in which he dies and is cast in pieces into the water, then later fished out by a crocodile at Isis’ request. This unofficial story is the only one in which he dies at all.

13) He was also the "Way, the Truth, the Light," "Messiah," "God’s Anointed Son," the "Son of Man," the "Good Shepherd," the "Lamb of God," the "Word made flesh," the "Word of Truth," etc.

The only titles Horus is given are “Great God”, “Chief of the Powers”, “Master of Heaven”, and “Avenger of His Father”. None of the above titles are in any Egyptian mythology.

14) He was "the Fisher" and was associated with the Fish ("Ichthys"), Lamb and Lion.

He was never referred to as “the fisher”, and there are no lamb or lion in any of the stories. Acharya S.'s footnotes on this claim only show an association with fish (which is that Horus WAS a fish, unlike Jesus), with no evidence of his being called 'the fisher' or having any association with a lamb or lion.

15) He came to fulfill the Law.

There was no “law” he was supposed to fulfill.

16) Horus was called "the KRST," or "Anointed One."

He was never referred to by either of these titles. "Krst", in Egyptian, means "burial", by the way. It wasn't a title.

17) Like Jesus, "Horus was supposed to reign one thousand years."

No mention of this in Egyptian mythology.

Links:

Encyclopedia Mythica: Horus

Egyptian Mythology: Horus

The Eye Of Horus

Horus: He Who Is Above

Tektonics: Horus, Isis, Osiris

Egyptian Book of the Dead
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Countering alleged bible contradictions:

http://www.bible.ca/islam/islam-bible-c ... efuted.htm
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

More people have died because of religion than of cancer. And we're trying to find a cure for cancer.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Fuzzy;1507466 wrote: More people have died because of religion than of cancer. And we're trying to find a cure for cancer.

Look at all of the people who died because of evolution. Hitler caused WWII.
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Fuzzy;1507504 wrote: If god has a plan for you, why do you look both ways crossing the street?

Because I can trust God AND use the common sense He gave me at the same time.
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

xfrodobagginsx;1507534 wrote: Because I can trust God AND use the common sense He gave me at the same time.

Any person believing in imaginary entities doesn't have any common sense.:wah:
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Fuzzy;1507537 wrote: Any person believing in imaginary entities doesn't have any common sense.:wah:

Then it's a good thing that my redeemer lives. Hopefully, you will accept Him before it's too late.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

A History Of Christian Persecution:

Foxes Book Of Martyrs:

Fox's Book of Martyrs
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

xfrodobagginsx;1507550 wrote: Then it's a good thing that my redeemer lives. Hopefully, you will accept Him before it's too late.

You mean it wood be a good thing if what you believe were true. Your redeemer actually never lived. He only lives in people's imagination. Just like all of the invented gods and prophets.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Fuzzy;1507561 wrote: You mean it wood be a good thing if what you believe were true. Your redeemer actually never lived. He only lives in people's imagination. Just like all of the invented gods and prophets.

No, I mean that it is a good thing that what I believe is true. My redeemer actually lived and is a real, historical person of history, easily provable. Interestingly, none of the writings from the historians of His time refute The Eyewitness Biblical Writings of His death, burial and resurrection or His miracles, not even by the historians who hated Him.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

You obviously don't know about the actual historical writings regarding Christ. I will post them for you:
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Early Secular Writings Regarding Christ

Early Secular Writings Regarding Christ
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Fuzzy;1507466 wrote: More people have died because of religion than of cancer. And we're trying to find a cure for cancer.

Look at all of the people who died because of evolution. Hitler caused WWII. How many people died in WWII again? 50-80 Million people because of evolution.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Archaeological Support For The Bible:

https://answersingenesis.org/archaeolog ... the-bible/
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

FourPart;1492984 wrote: That is a fundamental flaw in the Bible. Even in that claim it is contradictory. First it says it can't be done, then it says how it can be done.

White is worn by Priests at a child's funeral as it signifies purity. If that child is born of sin, and has not yet grown to accept the Religion, then how can it be considered as pure. Furthermore, if that child has not come to accept the Church, then surely the parents must be told that their child has surely gone to Hell.

Religion is inherently evil. It tries to blackmail the gullible with threats of eternal torture in an afterlife that is purely imaginary.

1) Not sure what you are referring to.

2) A child being covered until the age of accountability has nothing to do with the Church. It has to do with God. The Bible is pretty silent on this issue for the most part except a few places. I don't trust in the Church, I trust in God.

3) Man based religion is evil. I agree. The Bible is our guide to absolute truth. The gullible are those who refuse to believe in God and accept His word.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

THIS VIDEO WILL EXPLAIN HOW THE NEW TESTAMENT OF THE BIBLE WAS CANONIZED (CAME TO BE):

WHOLE VIDEO:

Where Did the New Testament Come From? - Popular Christian Videos
Fisher Amen

Post by Fisher Amen »

Fuzzy;1507504 wrote: If god has a plan for you, why do you look both ways crossing the street?

The Bible says not to tempt God. If you knowingly put yourself in a dangerous situation, you are tempting God.
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

Fisher Amen;1507625 wrote: The Bible says not to tempt God. If you knowingly put yourself in a dangerous situation, you are tempting God.

How do you tempt someone who doesn't exist?

Return to “General Chit Chat”