Murders and more

tude dog

Murders and more

Post by tude dog »

We live in a big county. It is unfair to define us simply by some simple arithmetic.

WHERE KILLINGS GO UNSOLVED
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Wandrin

Murders and more

Post by Wandrin »

Is is interesting, though, that in the various cities they covered there were the areas of low, high, and normal arrest rates. Sometime when I have the time, I'll take their map of the areas in San Francisco and figure out the neighborhood names that go with them so I can recognize them if I watch the evening news.
Bruv

Murders and more

Post by Bruv »

My first impression seeing the image with murders flagged up in a small neighbourhood was how you all take it as normal......nearly.

Of course it's not in every area or as widespread as the picture leads us to believe.............but you put up with it.

Shame on you.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
FourPart

Murders and more

Post by FourPart »

Surely the bigger question should be how to stop them happening in the first place - or, at least, reduce it. The answer is glaringly obvious to everyone in the rest of the world. Gun control. In the US there is a gun related killing every few seconds. How much time is put into just attempting to solve any of these crimes? Even if it were just 1 min, the number of incidents far outweighs the investigation time. I suspect the only ones that get any investigation are those where the victim had some modicum of wealth and/or socio/political power. After all, do you really believe that an everyday black guy found shot in the street is going to get anywhere near the resources put into the murder investigation as that of a Corporate CEO found in the same circumstances? Same crime. Same conditions. Different value put on the victim's life.
tude dog

Murders and more

Post by tude dog »

Wandrin;1519510 wrote: Is is interesting, though, that in the various cities they covered there were the areas of low, high, and normal arrest rates. Sometime when I have the time, I'll take their map of the areas in San Francisco and figure out the neighborhood names that go with them so I can recognize them if I watch the evening news.

I grew up and lived most my life in the Los Angeles area. It came as no surprise where there was the least number of murders solved, cause that where the most happen.

The local police had suffered so much from bad press and lack of support from the local government it makes it most difficult to garner local citizen support. Local citizen support is especially important when it comes to gangs/drugs.
tude dog

Murders and more

Post by tude dog »

Bruv;1519520 wrote: My first impression seeing the image with murders flagged up in a small neighbourhood was how you all take it as normal......nearly.

Of course it's not in every area or as widespread as the picture leads us to believe.............but you put up with it.

Shame on you.

Reminds me of where I last lived. In that part of Los Angeles where the local police patrol was Devonshire Community Police Station, commonly referred to a CLUB DEV because of the lack of violent crime.

Well, things are a changn, hate to say. We did have minor property crime which only got worse. Well, it is diffcult to prevent opportunist crime. The surrounding area demographics change, for the worse.

Can't fight city hall, so we left.
Bruv

Murders and more

Post by Bruv »

tude dog;1519528 wrote: Can't fight city hall, so we left.

Thought City Hall fought with you or at least for you.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
tude dog

Murders and more

Post by tude dog »

FourPart;1519523 wrote: Surely the bigger question should be how to stop them happening in the first place - or, at least, reduce it.

I hate picking on Chicago, but it is the obvious example.

[QUOTE=FourPart;1519523]The answer is glaringly obvious to everyone in the rest of the world. Gun control.

Chicago has very strict gun laws, Are Chicago's gun laws that strict? An explainer but a lot of gun-related crime.

[QUOTE=FourPart;1519523]In the US there is a gun related killing every few seconds. How much time is put into just attempting to solve any of these crimes? Even if it were just 1 min, the number of incidents far outweighs the investigation time.

FourPart;1519523 wrote: I suspect the only ones that get any investigation are those where the victim had some modicum of wealth and/or socio/political power. After all, do you really believe that an everyday black guy found shot in the street is going to get anywhere near the resources put into the murder investigation as that of a Corporate CEO found in the same circumstances? Same crime. Same conditions. Different value put on the victim's life.

That is a whole different argument.

It's not that such social-economic experiments, like in Chicago show there is concern Half of the inmates shouldn’t be here, says Cook County sheriff

Return to “Current Events”