Garden furniture

Discuss growing vegetables, fruits, and herbs.
Comi23

Garden furniture

Post by Comi23 »

I hope I am in the right section. If not, please forgive me.

This season, I would like to add some furniture to my garden.
I've never had any before, always tending to use 100% of the land for crops.
Except for some plastic chairs from the garage that I used to take out when sitting with friends in the yard.

However, since friends visit quite often, I thought about organizing a space where we can spend more time, where it is also comfortable, without back pains.

I have some furniture options, but I'm not quite sure how to make it aesthetically pleasing, not just functional.

If anyone is willing to share photos of their own garden furniture setup, I would be grateful. I would like to get some inspiration.
Thank you
Bryn Mawr

Re: Garden furniture

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Comi23 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:46 am I hope I am in the right section. If not, please forgive me.

This season, I would like to add some furniture to my garden.
I've never had any before, always tending to use 100% of the land for crops.
Except for some plastic chairs from the garage that I used to take out when sitting with friends in the yard.

However, since friends visit quite often, I thought about organizing a space where we can spend more time, where it is also comfortable, without back pains.

I have some furniture options, but I'm not quite sure how to make it aesthetically pleasing, not just functional.

If anyone is willing to share photos of their own garden furniture setup, I would be grateful. I would like to get some inspiration.
Thank you
When I return home I can take some photos but basically I have a circular table with 8 chairs and an optional sunshade.
Comi23

Post by Comi23 »

Thanks, Bryn, for your answer. Too bad there weren't more answers.

Anyway, in the meantime, I've set my eyes on this rattan corner sofa set. It has this natural, earthy appeal that should blend with my outdoor surroundings. I picture placing the set in a corner of my garden. And I'll surround it with some greenery and potted plants. I might also consider putting some outdoor lighting fixtures like string lights or lanterns. It'll make it even more inviting for my friends to relax and enjoy each other's company.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Comi23 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:05 am Thanks, Bryn, for your answer. Too bad there weren't more answers.

Anyway, in the meantime, I've set my eyes on this rattan corner sofa set. It has this natural, earthy appeal that should blend with my outdoor surroundings. I picture placing the set in a corner of my garden. And I'll surround it with some greenery and potted plants. I might also consider putting some outdoor lighting fixtures like string lights or lanterns. It'll make it even more inviting for my friends to relax and enjoy each other's company.
That's a good choice. We had a set like that for years, Depending on your environment, you may want to store the cushions indoors during inclement weather. If they're in a rainy environment, and also often exposed to direct sunlight the cushions will self destruct fairly quickly (like a couple of years), but if protected, they will last for a decade or better.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
clareqinty89

Post by clareqinty89 »

Your garden furniture journey sounds like a fun adventure! I used to be all about maximizing every inch of my land for veggies too, but adding a cozy outdoor space for friends changed the game.

I remember feeling a bit lost when I first started decorating my garden. That's when I stumbled upon this site with a ton of inspiring setups. One idea I loved was creating different "zones" with seating arrangements, like a cozy corner with a bench and some fairy lights. It made the space feel inviting and functional.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

clareqinty89 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:32 am Your garden furniture journey sounds like a fun adventure! I used to be all about maximizing every inch of my land for veggies too, but adding a cozy outdoor space for friends changed the game.
I remember feeling a bit lost when I first started decorating my garden.
My grandfather’s garden was mostly veggies, he could have fed most of the village with the food he grew but mine is mostly toys for the grandkids with a surround of fruit trees.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

I have no garden for the furniture in the link back there...

I really hate not being able to hang washing out on a line to dry.
jasonsmith

Post by jasonsmith »

Hey there! You're absolutely in the right spot, no worries. Let me tell you, adding furniture to your garden can totally transform the vibe out there. It's like extending your living space into nature, and trust me, it's a game-changer. I totally get where you're coming from with wanting to maximize your land for crops, but having a cozy spot to hang out with friends is worth it, I promise.

So, let me share a little story from my own life. I used to be all about maximizing my garden for veggies, just like you. But then one summer, I decided to treat myself and invest in some quality <advert removed by moderator> outdoor furniture. I went for this sleek yet comfy set with plush cushions and a chic coffee table. Let me tell you, it was a hit! My friends loved hanging out there, enjoying the sunsets and having barbecues. It added such a nice touch to the whole garden, and suddenly, it wasn't just about growing plants, it was about creating memories.

Now, when it comes to making it look good, here's a tip: think about the vibe you want. Do you like the rustic charm? Or maybe you're more into modern minimalism? Once you've got that figured out, it's all about mixing and matching pieces that fit that style. Don't be afraid to play around with colors and textures either. And hey, if you want some inspiration, I'd be happy to share some photos of my setup. Just drop me a message, and I'll hook you up! Cheers to creating your own little oasis in the garden! 🌿✨

Return to “Gardening Forum”