5 days

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
actionfigurestepho

5 days

Post by actionfigurestepho »

Tomorrow we check in at 6 AM! Skip's going to write "Donor" across his chest and I'll be writing "Recipient" across mine. Just in case they mistake the person for the catheter with the person who's giving up her internal organs. :-6

I know my hospital stay is supposed to be determined by my health, but my surgeon accidently dropped the phrase "five days" in front of me. Translation: my health insurance allows a five day recovery time, so they're going to milk every single day, even though someone of my particular otherwise glowing health should only be in 3-4.

Not that I am bitter!

Anyway, I'll see y'all in five days. I'm not worried if it'll be a success or anything for a variety of reasons involving faith, doctor selection and pure statistics, but I'm just a little nervous because yes, surgery sucks. A lot. And so does recovery. But I want to thank you all for being incredibly supportive and a few of you for offering support in the form of body parts, even though I've never met any of you in person. I love you all and you're fantastic people. I'll be seeing you again in five days! :-4
orangesox1

5 days

Post by orangesox1 »

I'll be thinking of you Steph I really pray all goes well for you both and your recovery is fast.

Load of love to you both.
nvalleyvee

5 days

Post by nvalleyvee »

You gave me chills Steph.......my love and good thoughts to both of you.......Merry Christmas. I'll add you both to some prayer chains. Good luck and good health. :-4
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
valerie

5 days

Post by valerie »

Listen, I'm a REALLY smart person (:o ) and I predict you'll be just

FINE. We all love you and are pulling for you, so how could you be

anything else? Think positive thoughts, laugh whenever you can, and we'll

"see" you in a bit!!

SMOOCH!!!

:-4

Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

BabyRider

5 days

Post by BabyRider »

Steph, you're going to do great. You know we'll all be here pulling for you, and sending positive vibes your way. Best of luck, tell your brother he's a super guy, and we will be seeing you back here shortly. We love ya!! :-4 :-4
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

mominiowa

5 days

Post by mominiowa »

SUPER HUGE BLESSINGS to YOU!! Steph- we will be waiting for the news..I will say a prayer for you-your brother and your familes....You are a brave woman!! Good Luck to you!:-4

~~The Family~~

Happiness is knowing where you come from...

Who you are...

And why you are here.....
abbey

5 days

Post by abbey »

I am so excited for you Steph, your life is going to be fantastic,

no more laborious treatments and the knowledge you have a brother as a superhero!

My love and good thoughts are with you both, take care, we'll still be here.X

HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO YOU BOTH.

BabyRider

5 days

Post by BabyRider »

flopstock wrote: Has anyone gotten these kids address at the hopital so we can send annoying cards and other fun stuff??:confused:
Please tell me someone has....they go in first thing in the morning.....:-5
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

theia

5 days

Post by theia »

See you in 5 days, Stepho. My thoughts are with you both and so is my love :-4
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
cars

5 days

Post by cars »

Just saw this Steph, so you'll be reading this when you get back. But you & your brother were in my thoughts & prayers for all those 5 days!!! :)
Cars :)
SOJOURNER

5 days

Post by SOJOURNER »

Wishing all the blessings of this holiday season

and a NEW LIFE in the New Year!

Accountable

5 days

Post by Accountable »

Hoping someone will get a laptop to you, the strong spirit and positive attitude you show in your post will get you through this even faster and more smoothly. You're very special to us, and your brother is somethin' else!

see you soon!! :yh_hugs
Betty Boop

5 days

Post by Betty Boop »

Hugs to you Steph, thinking of you both! :-4

See you back here soon.
Rapunzel

5 days

Post by Rapunzel »

SOJOURNER wrote: Wishing all the blessings of this holiday season

and a NEW LIFE in the New Year!

That's it, think forward. You've come SO far and soon it will be all over and with a new year comes a wonderful new life for you!

Hugs to you, your brother and all your family. You're all wonderful!
minks

5 days

Post by minks »

Rapunzel wrote: That's it, think forward. You've come SO far and soon it will be all over and with a new year comes a wonderful new life for you!

Hugs to you, your brother and all your family. You're all wonderful!

Blessings and good wishes to you both dearheart. We look forward to your good news soon.

Cheers
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Accountable

5 days

Post by Accountable »

It's on her bio.
CARLA

5 days

Post by CARLA »

Steph, You will do great kiddo..!! What a wonderful Christmas this is. Like they say sweetie it's always better "TO GIVE THAN RECEIVE" what a gift your receiving..:-4 :-4

CAN'T WAIT TO HERE HOW IT WENT..!! :D
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

actionfigurestepho

5 days

Wow you guys are so nice and supportive! It brings tears to my eyes, it really does. Granted, I'm on a lot of steroids and that's a side effect, but still!:-4

The surgery went so well Skip was out the second day. He's been out and about so much you'd never even know he'd been cut open and burgled for his important bits.

I'm out on my fourth which I guess is early for them.

And those medication side effects I was worried about? I'm not really having any of them! My face is a teeny bit fuller, which is weird because I actually look a lot more like my brother. I saw a picture of us together in the hospital afterwards and...damn if getting his internal organ didn't make us LOOK like twins. Kinda spooky. And I feel the urge to eat microwave burritos, drink orange soda and "mack" on "chicks." Hrmmmm.....

My scar is twice as big as we thought it would be. He has the kidney of a horse! They stitched it instead of stapling it and the doc says in a year you'll have to look twice to notice it. Apparently (I was in recovery when we had this conversation, so I remember none of it) I yelled "damn right it'll be sexy. I'M sexy" and proceeded to boss around the surgery staff since none of the pain medication would work on me and bossing people around seems to be more effective as pain management than that lamaze style deep breathing crap they kept trying to make me do. Yelling is a form of deep breathing, right? They said I was quite the scourge of the PACU and threatened to "cut" anyone who didn't take care of my brother.

Obviously this is not totally over, there will be subsequent procedures to remove drains, accesses, stints and to generally watch my bloodwork, so I'll be back and forth and changing lots of meds and being kind of stuck in the house for awhile, but it's just so nice to not have to worry about dialysis or fluid and to be...well...more normal.

And of course, my brother is the more awesome person in the world. He didn't ONCE stop to think about not doing this for me, and he hasn't stopped since. Two days in bed and then...bam. Absolutely fine. To me it's just another sign that it was meant to be!

When I think about how the Lord works, I'm going to think less about it in terms of deus ex machina and more in terms of the Lord working through people, because this has been the best most redeeming experience of my life, except for the parts where I was being a total hormonal b*tch. But I guess that's part of how God made me, too.:wah:
mominiowa

5 days

Post by mominiowa »

I am so glad you posted Steph...and so very glad things seem to be going smoothly! I will keep everything I have crossed for you so everything stays the way it needs to be....but let ur brother do the "mackin on chics part" LOL:-4 :-4

~~The Family~~

Happiness is knowing where you come from...

Who you are...

And why you are here.....
BabyRider

5 days

Post by BabyRider »

Fantastic to see you are able to post Steph. Your sunny attitude and brilliant posts are sorely missed when you're away. It's great to hear also that your procedures went well. Did you give your brother that kiss I sent along?

Seriously, if there is absolutely anything that any of us can do, don't hesitate to ask. Is there stuff you need, want, etc?? Are you going to be bed-rested for a while? What do you need to alleviate boredom? Can I send you crossword puzzles, books, magazines, anything at all? Ask and you shall receive if it's in my power. Do you want me to send a big tough handsome biker to keep watch over you and make sure them doctors give you all the good drugs you want? Name it lady!!

We miss and love you and can't wait till you're back here regular-like. Much love and hugs to you and bro.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

cars

5 days

Post by cars »

Your post is wonderful news Steph, so glad things went well for you both! Now all you have to do is just concentrait on recovering fast. But most important, you must follow your Doctor's instructions exactally, even if you don't like them, cause it's for your own good. Soon you'll be dancing around, and enjoying life to its fullest!!!:-6
Cars :)
Betty Boop

5 days

Post by Betty Boop »

Great to see your post Stepho. Glad to hear that you are both well and at home. Wishing you a speedy recovery :-4
Accountable

5 days

Post by Accountable »

You guys are incredible. I wanna marry you ... both! We could move to Utah. Whaddayasay? Of course you'll have to help me calm down the first wife, but it's doable.

BTW, don't read the No Calling Card thread for a few days. We don't want you busting your stitches, now!
Accountable

5 days

Post by Accountable »

One more thing: Get plenty of vitamin D. You'll need it.
Peg

5 days

Post by Peg »

I am so happy everything went well. What a wonderful way to start off the new year!:-6
theia

5 days

Post by theia »

Lovely to hear from you Steph...you two are truly incredible...look after yourselves

:-4
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
SOJOURNER

5 days

Post by SOJOURNER »

actionfigurestepho wrote:

When I think about how the Lord works, I'm going to think less about it in terms of deus ex machina and more in terms of the Lord working through people, because this has been the best most redeeming experience of my life, except for the parts where I was being a total hormonal b*tch. But I guess that's part of how God made me, too.:wah:

Beautifully expressed.

Glad you are recovering so very quickly. You'll be well enough to attend the FG Awards Party in January. Best start looking for your outfit now so you'll be ready.
chonsigirl

5 days

Post by chonsigirl »

Action, it is so good to hear the news that even went well. What a brother you have! I'm glad he is out and about in no time, and you will be too! Everyone sends their love and hugs to you.:-4
nvalleyvee

5 days

Post by nvalleyvee »

I am so happy to hear all is well in your world............:-4
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
actionfigurestepho

5 days

BabyRider wrote:

Seriously, if there is absolutely anything that any of us can do, don't hesitate to ask. Is there stuff you need, want, etc?? Are you going to be bed-rested for a while? What do you need to alleviate boredom? Can I send you crossword puzzles, books, magazines, anything at all?
Ooh, thanks for your offers but actually we're up and about! Part of my "exercise" program is to do daily stuff. I don't think our house has ever been cleaner. I never thought reaching to straighten a picture would constitute a workout. Today I actually got down on my hands and knees and wrapped presents. I couldn't get up afterwards without a boost, but still! Progress!

I've actually been looking forward to more Forum Garden time but instead I spent the day watching Desperate Housewives with my mother and brother. Oh geez, I can't believe I just admitted to that! :D

I've decided to turn my extra time into going through my stuff, wrapping presents (we're doing Christmas on Saturday) and doing things I've been putting off for years. It's like self improvement through abdominal surgery!
actionfigurestepho

5 days

Accountable wrote: You guys are incredible. I wanna marry you ... both! We could move to Utah. Whaddayasay? Of course you'll have to help me calm down the first wife, but it's doable.

BTW, don't read the No Calling Card thread for a few days. We don't want you busting your stitches, now!
We'll move to Utah with you if your wife can cook. I'll pay her in hugs.

And you know I'm going to go read that thread now...at my own risk, of course!

Return to “Members' News”