Youth Tourism

Been on a great vacation or location recently? Share with us your travels, your tips, great places to stay, and whatever else you can think of.
jodiejodie66

Youth Tourism

Post by jodiejodie66 »

What are your views of youth portrayal whilst on holiday by the British Media?

Do you feel the British media present a fair portrayal of youth and their behaviour as tourists?

What do you believe to be typical youth behaviour whilst on holiday?

Do you feel the nature of past Club 18-30 advertisements inhibit tourist behaviour of a different kind to that of other holidays?
pina

Youth Tourism

Post by pina »

You can come and visit me anytime Arnold, living in a holiday resort we get loads of Brits just as you described I get very embarrassed to admit I'm British. The favourite is to speak to a Spaniard in a loud slow voice speaking in English and think the slower and louder the better the Spaniard will understand.

As for the youth I wouldn't go as far as saying that all behave badly, but it must be about 80% and then again they are no worse than the middle aged lager louts.

A family of 5 were in a typical Spanish cafe just the other day when I was in, they were asking very loudly and very slowly for English sausage, egg and chips with 2 pints of lager and 3 Iron brews, of course its not on the menu and the poor waiter hadn't a clue what they were asking for so I stepped in and said if that was what they wanted when on holiday maybe they should have gone to Blackpool. :-5

jodiejodie66

Youth Tourism

Post by jodiejodie66 »

[QUOTE=jodiejodie66]What are your views of youth portrayal whilst on holiday by the British Media?

Do you feel the British media present a fair portrayal of youth and their behaviour as tourists?

What do you believe to be typical youth behaviour whilst on holiday?

Do you feel the nature of past Club 18-30 advertisements inhibit tourist behaviour of a different kind to that of other holidays?

What are your views on todays society values in comparison to previous decades? Do you feel this has contributed to media myth-making and the creation of panic in society?

Return to “Travel Vacation”