what was my mothernlaw thinking...

How's your day going? Are you having a great work day - or - a horrible one? Got complaints about your boss? Your co-workers? Your spouse or friends? This is the place to let it hang out.
Sheryl

Post by Sheryl »

to have assigned me the job of getting my nephews wedding together. :rolleyes:

I have been on the phone off and on all morning finding a JP that will peform the wedding on the 4th of July on such short notice. Think I've got that taken care of now.

Now I've just got to figure out what the heck else needs to be done to make it a nice wedding, on basically a zero budget. :-2

Any ideas from ya'll would be great, I know we will be tying in red, white, and blue as the colors since they are having it on the 4th.
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

hi sheryl

she likely picked you as if you want something done - ask a busy person

ideas for zero budget, have wedding in the garden, who has a marquee, gazebo

start roping in friends, who do you know who always takes loads of photos - thats your photographer

who's got a camcorder

the address below is a worldwide freecycle organization, you can request things & if someone has it you just go pick it up, definately worth a look, you can request dress ect, worth a try

http://www.freecycle.org/

Attached files
Sheryl

Post by Sheryl »

thanks buttercup. We are doing the wedding outdoors at my mothernlaws house. She's got the largest and prettiest yard of any of us. :wah:

I'll check out the site.
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

i dont know about the u.s but here in the u.k retired ministers can be hired for a lot less than registrars

approach your local college, at this time of year the students all have assesments & portfolio's to compile, the hair & beauty dept for hair & make up, floristry dept for flower arrangements, possibly even photography media dept, all worth asking, the students need the portfolio so you would be doing them a favour as well

use balloons if you cant get flowers

buy a plain iced fruit cake from the supermarket & decorate it yourself

put a post in the arts & crafts section here for ideas
gmc

Post by gmc »

Have a naturist wedding. No one will have to worry about buying outfits and people will be talking about it for years afterwards.
❤miss_trouble❤

Post by ❤miss_trouble❤ »

gmc wrote: Have a naturist wedding. No one will have to worry about buying outfits and people will be talking about it for years afterwards.

LOL!

thats a great idea! I might actually do that meself!

Sheryl, you must have the patience of a saint, I couldnt organise a p**s-up in a brewery!

Good Luck with it all !!
Hugh Janus

Post by Hugh Janus »

❤miss_trouble❤ wrote:

Sheryl, you must have the patience of a saint, I couldnt organise a p**s-up in a brewery!

I guess you work for the local council, CSA, or the DWP then. :wah:
gmc

Post by gmc »

Hugh Janus wrote: I guess you work for the local council, CSA, or the DWP then. :wah:

Just be glad you don't have the Scottish Executive to worry about. Not only could they not arganise a **** up in a brewery they demolished one to build the numpty house where all the MSP's sit and play with theselves. Not that I would in any way hint, insinuate or otherise imply that they are a bunch of useless individuals.

Return to “Welcome To My Day!”