wanna adopt christinity

Discuss the Christian Faith.
manojduhan

wanna adopt christinity

Post by manojduhan »

pals

i m manoj duhan jat from haryana, india wanna adopt christinity with my 500 jat friends in rohtak to break the bloody caste system of hinduism. how can i adopt this librel and caste less religion. can any bdy help me.....

regards:-3
Raven

wanna adopt christinity

Post by Raven »

manojduhan wrote: pals

i m manoj duhan jat from haryana, india wanna adopt christinity with my 500 jat friends in rohtak to break the bloody caste system of hinduism. how can i adopt this librel and caste less religion. can any bdy help me.....

regards:-3
First you need to get ahold of a christian bible. I believe it is translated into hindi, if you have trouble with language. Read it with your friends. You should know what you are getting into before you commit. And sharing is good.
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
OpenMind

wanna adopt christinity

Post by OpenMind »

Hello manoj duhan jat.

Welcome to FG.

This link may help you: http://www.indianchristianity.com/

Click on it to open it.

Best wishes to you and your group.
OpenMind

wanna adopt christinity

Post by OpenMind »

Bez

wanna adopt christinity

Post by Bez »

Raven wrote: First you need to get ahold of a christian bible. I believe it is translated into hindi, if you have trouble with language. Read it with your friends. You should know what you are getting into before you commit. And sharing is good.

Definitely learn more about Christianity before you commit yourself and maybe look at some other options......

A leap this big shouldn't be taken lightly. :)
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
OpenMind

wanna adopt christinity

Post by OpenMind »

Bez wrote: Definitely learn more about Christianity before you commit yourself and maybe look at some other options......

A leap this big shouldn't be taken lightly. :)

Hot air ballons would help though.:D

(Sorry, manoj duhan jat. That was a joke.)
anastrophe

wanna adopt christinity

Post by anastrophe »

hinduism is a remarkable, extraordinary faith, far older than christianity, with a lush history and rich traditions. it's sad that you want to turn your back on that, in my opinion.
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
OpenMind

wanna adopt christinity

Post by OpenMind »

anastrophe wrote: hinduism is a remarkable, extraordinary faith, far older than christianity, with a lush history and rich traditions. it's sad that you want to turn your back on that, in my opinion.

The caste system, as I understand it, is very rigidly maintained. Notwithstanding, I think that freedom is a state of mind mostly.
anastrophe

wanna adopt christinity

Post by anastrophe »

the caste system was outlawed in 1948. notwithstanding that it lingers on today, it is far less an institutionalized system than it was a mere sixty years ago.
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
OpenMind

wanna adopt christinity

Post by OpenMind »

anastrophe wrote: the caste system was outlawed in 1948. notwithstanding that it lingers on today, it is far less an institutionalized system than it was a mere sixty years ago.

I wasn't aware of that. I learn something new every day.

Perhaps the degree by which the changes are implemented vary from region to region. Jat doesn't appear to be too impressed by it whereas if it is now illegal, then Jat shouldn't be bothered by it. I'm thinking along the same lines as where Muslims still kill their sisters for marrying someone they don't approve of. This is illegal also, but a lot of Muslim countries do not treat the miscreants very harshly.
annabelle

wanna adopt christinity

Post by annabelle »

Manojduhan ..... hello and welcome.

I would give VERY serious consideration to changing your religion, it could cause you problems, especially within your family.

Personally speaking I don't follow any particular faith. Being a "Christian" comes from within you. Who you are and what you are does not come from ancient writing's in a book. We are born a free spirit and we die a free spirit. Whether or not we pass over to an afterlife remains to be seen. We all like to believe we will, but there is absolutely no concrete proof, only a desire to believe it to be true.
spot

wanna adopt christinity

Post by spot »

OpenMind wrote: Muslims still kill their sisters for marrying someone they don't approve of.I think the majority of such killings are for refusing marriage or, more often still, trying to get out of a marriage, not for marrying the "wrong" person. I'd much rather regard it as a cultural issue to be addressed within a culture, rather than a religious one. http://www.wecite.net/issues/jun06/feat ... -woman.php discusses that question. I couldn't find any instances of Muslims killing their sisters for marrying someone they don't approve of.

Converting to Christianity in India may introduce you to people for whom untouchability is doesn't matter, manojduhan, but all Christians are untouchable (Harijan) to all castes of Hundu anyway. It's not a step up a social ladder to be a Christian. I don't live in a Hindu society. Why is being a Harijan Christian better than being a Harijan Hindu?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Ted

wanna adopt christinity

Post by Ted »

manojduhan:-6

I do understand your desire to be free of an ancient system that tries to qualigy people. Freedom and justice are two of the greatest issues in life.

I am a Christian pluralist.

I urge you to procede with great caution. I do not know your culture beyond a very little bit. I do not know where you live in India nor would I be likely to really understand without visiting. However, think things out very clearly before you make any moves. Go into such things with your eyes wide open so that you are not faced with surprises.

I am not saying don't change but simply suggest that you exercise the utmost of caution as you look to the future.

May divine blessing be with you as you look ahead and make choices.

Shalom

Ted:-6
manojduhan

wanna adopt christinity

Post by manojduhan »

pals

hindu system is a barbaric system ,thats why our country has suffered slavery of 1200 years of muslims and then britishers. it was all coz of brahminic order of caste system.we the rationale people wants affirmative action to be implemented in every field of indian economics according to caste population (REPRESENTATION),but indian castist industrialists will not follow this trend, but we hav a hope from west multinationals b,coz western society is a caste less society.we think that west will give us this caste representation if we adopt christinity, although conversion is also a part of west politics , and it has become more contemporary in this era ofclash of civilisations .

this is the honest political part of our thesis to conversion into christinity.

but we r also serious to our devotion to christionity ,coz of the sacrifice of jesus .

regards:lips:
OpenMind

wanna adopt christinity

Post by OpenMind »

Manojduhan. I think that you are trying to use Christianity to fight politics. If the caste system is illegal, you should form a group to seek justice is done.

Changing your religion should only be done if you truly believe in a different faith. It shouldn't be done for political reasons or to seek justice. In fact, changing to Christianity would not necessarily prevent the people you mention from breaking the law. It would be down to your group to convince them that the caste system is not economically viable.

As a Christian, you can only preach the message of Jesus and of love. You cannot forcce anyone to do something against their will.

Return to “Christianity”