India's population to overtake China's

xlt66

Post by xlt66 »

What do you all think about this? Amazing.

WASHINGTON, Aug. 18 (UPI) -- Statistics indicate within 50 years, India will overtake China as the world's most populous nation as the global population swells past 9 billion.

The Population Reference Bureau, based in Washington, said by 2050, India is expected to grow from 1.08 billion to 1.63 billion people, overtaking China, which is forecast to reach 1.44 billion from 1.3 billion currently.

http://interestalert.com/brand/siteia.s ... rld%20News
Serenity

Post by Serenity »

Isn't it a govt. concern to control the pop.?

With expended/limited resources why is the population on the rise?

I would like to understand the logic of what goes on.
Action Cures Fear. ;)

"Hi. Nice to meet you...I'm "Mr. Everything's a conspiracy theory". "
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

Anyone ever think of introducing Contraceception in India or China. Business sounds good. :D
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

The Roman Catholic Church has just setup a Church in honour of Mother Saint Teresa,so the $s should be pouring in. Another saint,another business.
anastrophe

Post by anastrophe »

i take such 'studies' with a very large grain of salt. predicting the future two years out is a monumental task - 50 years? i think not.

we were supposed to have colonized the moon by now.

overpopulation is a relative thing. the earth appears to be supporting 6+ billion people adequately well, unsurprisingly. Most problems are related to population density, and unreliable food sources due to vagaries of weather.

as populations grow on longer scales, people tend to manage. i think we'll find the same relative proportions of poverty in fifty years as we do now. the sad part is, 5% of the human population living in squalor is a lot more people when it's nine billion rather than six billion. so while the ratios are likely to stay the same, the cumulative number of people suffering will increase.

life is a mystery.
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

capt_buzzard wrote: Anyone ever think of introducing Contraceception in India or China. Business sounds good. :D

Didn't you know that in 1979 China limited a large sector if its' population to

having a maximum of one child per family, with heavy fines (and other heavier

methods of censure) for those exceeding this limit? This has only recently

been relaxed (somewhat).
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

capt_buzzard wrote: The Roman Catholic Church has just setup a Church in honour of Mother Saint Teresa,so the $s should be pouring in. Another saint,another business.

A small minority religion in India, though. Less than 2% of Indians are RC.
Serenity

Post by Serenity »

IdeaSeeker wrote: I understand what happens in China.

The reason why there is so big population is due to economical and cultural. In north American, when you get older, you still have income,such as pension or retirement plan,you can support yourself,there is no need for many kids. Kids just mean fun. But in China, most people don't have any income when they get older,they have to depend on their kids to support them. More kids just mean more secure for their "retirement" lives.Kids are partly tools for their lives.

yeah...and let's look at it from the other side of the coin...... china/japan/asia's social state does not provide pensions as mentioned...no...hell no.... but here in north america we do. That's just WHY we don't have big families. How the "F" can i have the amount of children i want to enjoy, when i've got to pay heaps of taxes to take care of old age pensioners? it's a catch 22 when you look at both sides.

and WERD on the India one-child policy.

I don't even give alek trebek and his world vision crew an ounce of my time anymore. I was suckered in for a while.....then i said to myself "hey! here's an idea...how about you control the spread of the problem....THEN, i'll focus on curing it. Why should my pocket book be increasingly squeezed to support their ideoligies of "hey everybody ! it's a hoe-down and let's party naked and have other people support us"

I know i sound like i'm shootin my mouth off, but seriously...just cuz i live in north america doesn't mean i'm a rich celebrity....i'm just another ant in the colony, that's got too much dirt on its back, as it is.
Action Cures Fear. ;)

Serenity

Post by Serenity »

mhmmmm. that's quite interesting. I've not heard anyone tell me that the benefits outweigh the cons.....and i'm not arguing with you, but could you provide me with some stats- financial figures etc.

I'd much rather spend my days playing with my children then slaving my ass off.

If this is the case, that having more kids eases the burden, why's it that split people have to pay so much child support?
Action Cures Fear. ;)

Return to “Current Events”