I Go To Church Too Much!

Discuss the Christian Faith.
Saffron

I Go To Church Too Much!

Post by Saffron »

I go to church way too much. Anybody want to know how often I go to church. I am supposed to be in church right now, but am tired of going to church. So I am on a computer. Well I guess I'd better go and get into church.:-5
Your Kitty Forum

My Website
Ted

I Go To Church Too Much!

Post by Ted »

Saffron:-6

Only you can do something about it.

Shalom

Ted:-6
Adam Zapple

I Go To Church Too Much!

Post by Adam Zapple »

Everyone needs to take a break and get away from it all.
Saffron

I Go To Church Too Much!

Post by Saffron »

Yes, I got a weekend job starting tomorrow. And I went to church late last night, got only the last 20 minutes of it. And even that was too much.

I cannot wait to get my own place, I'll never ever go to church again. :-1
Your Kitty Forum

My Website
Ted

I Go To Church Too Much!

Post by Ted »

I wish you the best of luck in your future. Getting your own place sounds good to me.

Shalom

cherandbuster

I Go To Church Too Much!

Post by cherandbuster »

Ted wrote: Saffron:-6

I wish you the best of luck in your future. Getting your own place sounds good to me.

Shalom

Ted :)

That was a really nice post :-6
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

Ted

I Go To Church Too Much!

Post by Ted »

cherandbuster:-6

Thanks. I do try to help and encourage.

Shalom

Bill Sikes

I Go To Church Too Much!

Post by Bill Sikes »

Saffron wrote: I go to church way too much. Anybody want to know how often I go to church. I am supposed to be in church right now, but am tired of going to church. So I am on a computer. Well I guess I'd better go and get into church.:-5

Well, have a breather, then. If you're "going too much", think over the reasons

why you do this!
RedGlitter

I Go To Church Too Much!

Post by RedGlitter »

Hey Saffron,

Do you attend church mainly because you live in a church shelter? Just wondering. If it's God you're looking for you can find (him, her, it, them) in a lot of places besides an actual church. Try hanging out in some nature areas, like a forest or even a park. Think...then listen for answers. That usually works for me. Nature has always been my church.
Bill Sikes

I Go To Church Too Much!

Post by Bill Sikes »

RedGlitter wrote: Try hanging out in some nature areas, like a forest or even a park. Think...then listen for answers. That usually works for me. Nature has always been my church.

This is true, IMO you need nothing "regimented" - places for reflection are

anywhere. Not necessarily quiet, noisy, public, private - anywhere and time

that you are in the mood. Who influences your mood? ;) unusual smily from me!
RedGlitter

I Go To Church Too Much!

Post by RedGlitter »

Bill Sikes wrote: ;) unusual smily from me!

Go Bill!! :)
RedGlitter

I Go To Church Too Much!

Post by RedGlitter »

I like it, Pinky!! :D
Saffron

I Go To Church Too Much!

Post by Saffron »

RedGlitter wrote: Hey Saffron,

Do you attend church mainly because you live in a church shelter? Just wondering. If it's God you're looking for you can find (him, her, it, them) in a lot of places besides an actual church. Try hanging out in some nature areas, like a forest or even a park. Think...then listen for answers. That usually works for me. Nature has always been my church.
Yes, we are required to be there, or else we are not allowed to live there. But I slept in yesterday morning and then went to work after that and it was okay. :sneaky:
Your Kitty Forum

My Website
RedGlitter

I Go To Church Too Much!

Post by RedGlitter »

Hmm. I wouldn't like that requirement...but you have to do what you have to do, right? :thinking:
nvalleyvee

I Go To Church Too Much!

Post by nvalleyvee »

Saffron wrote: I go to church way too much. Anybody want to know how often I go to church. I am supposed to be in church right now, but am tired of going to church. So I am on a computer. Well I guess I'd better go and get into church.:-5

If you think it is too much then go to church less often.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
nvalleyvee

I Go To Church Too Much!

Post by nvalleyvee »

I do not happen to believe in going to Church at all........ever............I believe our spirit is carried to God every day...........all day...............all the time. God knows us in this way..........so we only need to worship Him in a way that He hears us.. The Church sucks.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
cherandbuster

I Go To Church Too Much!

Post by cherandbuster »

nvalleyvee wrote: The Church sucks.

I'm all for open expression

But I think this could have been better expressed :-6
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

Clint

I Go To Church Too Much!

Post by Clint »

It is very sad to me to read of such dissapointment in church by a young person.

It is disgusting that older people would take part in separating a younger person from a tradition that is so important to the family the young person needs to be a part of. Families that go to church regularly have made it a part of family life and it is part of thier identity. The family member who doesn't participate in such an important part of the family life soon finds themself drifting from the family and the support and love it provides.

The same people who are so eager to separate someone from thier faith and the traditions of that faith will protest loudly when they are invited to faith and its traditions. They believe they have the right to destroy but others don't have a right to build.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
Saffron

I Go To Church Too Much!

Post by Saffron »

RedGlitter;438793 wrote: Hmm. I wouldn't like that requirement...but you have to do what you have to do, right? :thinking:
Yes it is much of a chore now. Especially on weeks when I have not many days off, when I need to do homework. I got out of it today by saying I am working, when I was, then went to the library to finish an essay assignment. The only way one can get out of church is by working. I probably won't go back there until about 6 p.m. Sad, but true.

And there is some kind of virus or sickness going around there today. Either from an old woman who is sick a lot, or the food. Quite a few people woke up feeling ill and very sick. I haven't eaten the food there in many days. This was because I ate out while I was at work. But on days like this, when I am tired, and sick and tired. I'll even lie to get out of being there. Church or no church.

nvalleyvee wrote: If you think it is too much then go to church less often.
Oh, that is exactly my thinking. I don't have to go to church on Wednesday nights as I am in my anthropology class. So that is one day I have off from it. But that is the only church time that I have enjoyed. As the Pastor is not on radio time on that night. But on the Sunday services, he is online as well as on the radio.
Your Kitty Forum

My Website
RedGlitter

I Go To Church Too Much!

Post by RedGlitter »

Hmm. I recall a few things you said in an earlier thread about the heads of this church and I was quite repelled. I don't believe in church attendance as a forced requirement. Not for kids, not for adults. But...I wouldn't judge all churches on this one, Saff. When you can go at your own will and when you like and respect the people in it, church may prove to be a valuable thing to you. Or not! It all depends. :)
Ted

I Go To Church Too Much!

Post by Ted »

RedGlitter:-6

Excellent comments.

Shalom

RedGlitter

I Go To Church Too Much!

Post by RedGlitter »

Thanks, Ted.

Good to see you. :)
Saffron

I Go To Church Too Much!

Post by Saffron »

RedGlitter;444732 wrote: Hmm. I recall a few things you said in an earlier thread about the heads of this church and I was quite repelled. I don't believe in church attendance as a forced requirement. Not for kids, not for adults. But...I wouldn't judge all churches on this one, Saff. When you can go at your own will and when you like and respect the people in it, church may prove to be a valuable thing to you. Or not! It all depends. :)
Yes I have been quite repelled also. And I've only written a little bit of what goes on there. But I'm saving to move, and working and soon Maybe in March I'll be able to go. I already have a roommate and she and I are planning it. And I won't be going back there for church. But in the meantime I have to keep plugging along and doing what I am supposed to be doing in order to get out of a homeless shelter.
Your Kitty Forum

My Website
Ted

I Go To Church Too Much!

Post by Ted »

Good for you. I agree with RedGlitter, though, don't judge all churches by your experience with that one. Some are willing to help with no strings attached.

Blessings and the best of luck in your goal.

May the peace of Christ be with you.

Shalom

Saffron

I Go To Church Too Much!

Post by Saffron »

Ted;445282 wrote: Saffron:-6

Good for you. I agree with RedGlitter, though, don't judge all churches by your experience with that one. Some are willing to help with no strings attached.

Blessings and the best of luck in your goal.

May the peace of Christ be with you.

Shalom

Thanks for your kind words.

I grew up in the Catholic church, with church every Sunday and Catholic school and everything else that goes with it. So I think my opinion of any kind of church is tainted from the start.

I just need and have to continue to look at the goal instead of all the negative things. And be glad and thankful of the things that I do have. And the goal of studying for my degree. I haven't dropped out of school, when any other person would have.

Lately I've been doubting that there is even a God. I have. It's one of the reasons I stopped going to church. It does not help me one tiny bit.....going to church. I don't need to be in church to have peace with God. As a matter of fact, it's a bit upsetting on some nights after spending so much time in church and then having to see what goes on around me. It seems that the Christians that I have seen and been around lately are such hypocrites. There isn't any other word for it.:-5
Your Kitty Forum

My Website
Ted

I Go To Church Too Much!

Post by Ted »

You are correct about the hypocrites. They do exist, and probably there are some in every church. However, not all churches are judgmental. Some are caring, kind and try to be helpful.

Sometimes you doubt God. I think that happens to everyone, me included but ultimately I realize there is something beyond the present realtiy. We were never promised an easy time of it but God did promise to be with us and see us through our troubles.

Listen to your own heart and conscience and not to what others say to you. If I were involved in the kind of church you are I too would be more than a little angry. It is a not what I view as a Christian community. Presently I am involved in the most phenomenal Christian communities I have even encountered. It is caring, kind, extrememly helpful and totally non judgmental. They do exist.

Shalom

Clint

I Go To Church Too Much!

Post by Clint »

"It is caring, kind, extrememly helpful and totally non judgmental. They do exist."

Ted, I certainly agree that such communities exist. I've experienced them myself and I know of others.

My advice for someone who has had a bad experience is to go looking. Forget the labels and look at the collective heart of the group.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
Ted

I Go To Church Too Much!

Post by Ted »

Clint:-6

Sounds good to me. Your comment also reinforces what I have been saying that there are those churches out there that are exactly like that. It is a wonderful experience to be in one and part of the community as I am now.

Shalom

Return to “Christianity”