Armistice Of The Sexes.

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
retepsnikrep

Armistice Of The Sexes.

Post by retepsnikrep »

Evolution of mankind has reached a milestone. Men and women always have been basically incompatible. This accounts for the proliferation of Lesbians, Homosexuals and any other same sex arrangements, also spinsterhood, bachelordom, monks and nuns.

No fault. No blame. This misalignment of man and woman is nobody’s fault. I need to make that clear. Feminists and Misogynists think it is the fault of their opposites but it isn’t at all. It may be that in the mists of the vast chunk of evolutionary time, a ‘frisson’ between the sexes was necessary for survival. Too matey might not have worked. It’s the fault of the progress of civilisation and the changes in lifestyle to choice and cushyness.

There’s always been hostility, a sort of armed neutrality between the hers and hims. Most men think women are damned awkward. Most women think men are damned stupid. Living together both need to make adjustments, women even tempered and amenable, men helpful and romantic. This is asking a lot, living apart they don’t need to. They can act like women and men. More men and women live on their own than ever before, either because they are divorced, separated or never married. If they have cohabitated, the longer they subsequently are on their own, and enjoy the benefits of self-determination and cuddling the cat, or meddling with the car, the more likely it is they will stay like that. They find that it works. If there is a boyfriend or girlfriend half a city away, that’s Ok. On balance doing as they please most of the time and being constrained for a little of the time is preferable to constraint most of the time and short periods of doing their own thing.

Inexorably, a recently abandoned partner will, over time, add to the list of desirable qualities in a substitute mate, until Apollo, Socrates and Arnie Schwartzenegger, or Marilyn Monroe, J.K.Rowling and the goddess Venus herself couldn’t meet up to it with their best qualities amalgamated. So it’s the cat and the car and sometimes, ‘See you Saturday.’

Men from mars, women from Venus? Don’t think so. Too close. We’re from different galaxies.

Peter :-6
koan

Armistice Of The Sexes.

Post by koan »

It must be kept in mind that both men and women possess both feminine and masculine qualities. Some believe that the perfection of a personality involve balancing the two to end in a neutral state of androgyny.

I suppose the theory behind promoting androgynous personalities is similar to the idea that a healthy couple would enjoy each others company without relying on the other to literally be their other half.

eta: literally or metaphorically
YZGI

Armistice Of The Sexes.

Post by YZGI »

:-6 retepsnikrep;492251 wrote: Evolution of mankind has reached a milestone. Men and women always have been basically incompatible. This accounts for the proliferation of Lesbians, Homosexuals and any other same sex arrangements, also spinsterhood, bachelordom, monks and nuns.

No fault. No blame. This misalignment of man and woman is nobody’s fault. I need to make that clear. Feminists and Misogynists think it is the fault of their opposites but it isn’t at all. It may be that in the mists of the vast chunk of evolutionary time, a ‘frisson’ between the sexes was necessary for survival. Too matey might not have worked. It’s the fault of the progress of civilisation and the changes in lifestyle to choice and cushyness.

There’s always been hostility, a sort of armed neutrality between the hers and hims. Most men think women are damned awkward. Most women think men are damned stupid. Living together both need to make adjustments, women even tempered and amenable, men helpful and romantic. This is asking a lot, living apart they don’t need to. They can act like women and men. More men and women live on their own than ever before, either because they are divorced, separated or never married. If they have cohabitated, the longer they subsequently are on their own, and enjoy the benefits of self-determination and cuddling the cat, or meddling with the car, the more likely it is they will stay like that. They find that it works. If there is a boyfriend or girlfriend half a city away, that’s Ok. On balance doing as they please most of the time and being constrained for a little of the time is preferable to constraint most of the time and short periods of doing their own thing.

Inexorably, a recently abandoned partner will, over time, add to the list of desirable qualities in a substitute mate, until Apollo, Socrates and Arnie Schwartzenegger, or Marilyn Monroe, J.K.Rowling and the goddess Venus herself couldn’t meet up to it with their best qualities amalgamated. So it’s the cat and the car and sometimes, ‘See you Saturday.’

Men from mars, women from Venus? Don’t think so. Too close. We’re from different galaxies.

Peter :-6
That is an amazing grasp for the obvious.:wah: Now tell me something I dont know.
Lulu2

Armistice Of The Sexes.

Post by Lulu2 »

"Men and women always have been basically incompatible. This accounts for the proliferation of Lesbians, Homosexuals and any other same sex arrangements, also spinsterhood, bachelordom, monks and nuns."

:lips:
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
Majenta

Armistice Of The Sexes.

Post by Majenta »

How refreshing. A realistic view, confidently presented without bitterness or agenda. I agree entirely, and whilst the little girl in me still dreams about the knight in shining armour whisking me off into the sunset and living happily ever after, the pragmatist in me is well aware that this is pure fantasy and real life will bite hard anyone who believes otherwise.

And the pragmatist in me is having a lot of fun being single, too!
AussiePam

Armistice Of The Sexes.

Post by AussiePam »

I woke up actually feeling pretty compatible today. :sneaky:
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Lulu2

Armistice Of The Sexes.

Post by Lulu2 »

Clancy, Darling...peel me a grape! :wah:
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
AussiePam

Armistice Of The Sexes.

Post by AussiePam »

Durn !!! Lulu got there first !!!

AussiePam

Armistice Of The Sexes.

Post by AussiePam »

Of course there is, Hamster, but I decided years ago, never to share a man. I'd make a terrible Sister Wife. They get moi, it's gotta be enough.. On the other hand, I need the usual five...

The rich one

The sex god

The companion in my crazy ramblings

The romantic who drinks champagne out of my reebok

The one with the mind - who I can talk to!!!

:sneaky:

Return to “General Chit Chat”