Lola

Discussions about your pets!
anastrophe

Lola

Post by anastrophe »

on December 17th, just a bit more than a month after Gracie's passing, we decided we needed a new kitty in our lives. Gracie's memory remains firm, and i still ache from missing her. But we wanted to give one of our feline friends a home, so we went to our local animal shelter and walked the aisles of cages, with all the abandoned and lost kitties who've remained unclaimed. it was heartbreaking how long many of them had been there - one from back in april of 2006. but this shelter never kills animals once put up for adoption - only seriously unadoptable pets are euthanized - diseased, significant behavioral problems, etc..

Lola had been in the shelter since september. she knew the right 'moves' to wiggle her way into my heart, and after filling out much paperwork, we took her home with us. she's about a bit over a year old. she was simply listed as 'DSH' - the generic catchall Domestic ShortHair. however, she's pretty clearly of the Bombay breed, an all-black cat with golden eyes, and a somewhat stocky body.

attached is a photo of our girl. if ever there were a test of one's photographic abilities, it's trying to take a photo of an all-black cat. man!

Attached files
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
valerie

Lola

Post by valerie »

My two cents: Lola's name at the shelter was Morticia. Okay, but somehow

it didn't fit her.

On the way home from the shelter, I told Paul her name was Galore. ;)

That wasn't it, either. So, a couple nights later, during one of my insomniac

"trials"... she got her new name.

You see, Tamsen is named after a woman from early California history...

and now Lola is, too!

http://www.zpub.com/sf/history/lola.html

:-6
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

Lulu2

Lola

Post by Lulu2 »

WOW! Lola of the "tarantula dance." (Wouldn't you love to have seen THAT?)

Best of luck and love to you & little Lola...from the gleam in her eye, I suspect she'll soon be in charge of everything!
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
RedGlitter

Lola

Post by RedGlitter »

Anastrophe, Valerie, what a sweet cat! I love the photo of Lola snuggled in her little kitty donut! That's so cute. Thank you for adopting from the shelter. I can't think of a better way to honor Gracie than to save the life of one of her fellow felines. Thank you and best wishes to you and Lola. :)
abbey

Lola

Post by abbey »

What a beautiful christmas present to your family. :-4
Uncle Kram

Lola

Post by Uncle Kram »

Lola... L O L A.....Lola.

She's a sweetie Anastrophe, and although she's all black, you did a good job of capturing her in that pic

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
chonsigirl

Lola

Post by chonsigirl »

What a lovely kitty!:-4
Marie5656

Lola

Post by Marie5656 »

Welcome to the garden family, Lola. Cute kitty. I wish I was not allergic...I would love to have a cat!!
sunny104

Lola

Post by sunny104 »

She's beautiful!! :-4
Rapunzel

Lola

Post by Rapunzel »

She IS a little beauty! :-4

And I particularly like this picture you took of her when she was playing in the coal cellar the other night. :)

Hugs to you both for getting her from the shelter! :yh_hugs

Best wishes to the fur of you for a Wonderful Christmas!

Return to “The Pets In Our Lives”