Help Me Spend My Money!!!

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
hotsauce

Post by hotsauce »

I opened my checking account balance online today to find a $20,837 deposit! Now, I don't typically get $20,837 deposits. I thought this was a bit unusual. It is an error. Haven't called the bank (yet). I just keep looking at it and thinking about what I would buy with all of that money. A new car? Naww...just got one of those last summer. Pay off my student loans? Naww....that sounds boring. I want to do something fun! I need a new pair of tennis shoes. I think I'll get those...but I will still have roughly $20, 750 left.

Do you need anything? I'm new here...I need friends. :D What could I buy you?
Porpoise

Post by Porpoise »

Go take a cruise.

Go to a spa

Go on a huge shopping spree.

Do all of the above. LOL! :wah: :-6
DANGER!I drive like you do.
Peg

Post by Peg »

I really could use a new Blazer, but don't want to take ALL your money, so you can buy me some new summer shirts and a pair of $4.00 sandals I'm kicking myself for not buying. ;)
babygirl

Post by babygirl »

spend the cash on whatever you like...... if it was me i would go and buy shoes as i love shoes or get a new computer with that kinda cash you can get loads of stuff dont feel bad about spendng it its in ur bank!!!!!! though you can transfer it into my account if u like lol :D
Live life to the max as you only get to do it once!! make your dreams come true :-4

Philadelphia Eagle

Post by Philadelphia Eagle »

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. If I were you I would call the bank as soon as possible and explain what's happened. The sooner you do it the more likely you are of your Bank rewarding you for your honesty.

The Bank has obviously posted the amount to the wrong account and, by law, can reclaim it at any time. It is also a crime to knowingly withold money you know is not yours. They will eventually discover the error.

Do yourself a favor and tell them before they tell you.
America the Beautiful :-6

website - home.comcast.net/~nmusgrave/
hotsauce

Post by hotsauce »

Philadelphia Eagle wrote: Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. If I were you I would call the bank as soon as possible and explain what's happened. The sooner you do it the more likely you are of your Bank rewarding you for your honesty.

The Bank has obviously posted the amount to the wrong account and, by law, can reclaim it at any time. It is also a crime to knowingly withold money you know is not yours. They will eventually discover the error.

Do yourself a favor and tell them before they tell you.

ummm....just a joke...thought it would make for a fun thread! I'm going to call the bank in the morning!!!! sheesh!!! Don't have a cow...or call the cops. :D *hotsauce hopes nobody knows where she lives*
hotsauce

Post by hotsauce »

So, that means ya'll don't want me to buy you anything? :D :D :D
devist8me

Post by devist8me »

I believe the thought is "what would you do if you had 20,000?" (not a scolding) I would love a shopping spree at the mall, after 6 months or so, post baby weight. With any money left over, a huge steak dinner.

If you really are thinking of keeping it, start another thread, and I'll scold ya big time (giggle, giggle)
I probably posted that in an ambien trance-soryy
David813

Post by David813 »

That amount would erase my current debt but nothing would be left to use for anything fun! Hmmmm. OK if I IGNORED my debt I would use the money to travel through China for a year. My Dream... :driving:
"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group that believes you can do these things. Among them are a few Texas millionaires, or businessman from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid." [font=Arial Narrow][/font]

President Dwight D. Eisenhower Nov. 08, 1954
David813

Post by David813 »

Godiva Girl wrote: I would not be able to do the right thing, I would have that money out of the bank so fast and into a swiss bank acct that my shoes would leave skid marks and smoke :wah:LOL! You Go Girl!! :wah:
"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group that believes you can do these things. Among them are a few Texas millionaires, or businessman from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid." [font=Arial Narrow][/font]

President Dwight D. Eisenhower Nov. 08, 1954
devist8me

Post by devist8me »

Godiva Girl wrote: I would not be able to do the right thing, I would have that money out of the bank so fast and into a swiss bank acct that my shoes would leave skid marks and smoke :wah:

ROFL, thats exactly what my husband jokingly said, "take it only if your willing to pack up and move to Switzerland" LOL. Not for 20 grand.....but maybe a million!
I probably posted that in an ambien trance-soryy
anastrophe

Post by anastrophe »

along these lines, you all should read this story, it's fascinating, true, and funny!

http://www.man1bank0.com/
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
koan

Post by koan »

anastrophe wrote: along these lines, you all should read this story, it's fascinating, true, and funny!

That was truly amazing! Who would have thunk? :wah:
abbey

Post by abbey »

anastrophe wrote: along these lines, you all should read this story, it's fascinating, true, and funny!

Phew, that took ages to read!

What a guy eh? i bet he's made much more than the $95000..well done :yh_clap
hotsauce

Post by hotsauce »

Wow! Wow! What a great story! I don't think I will get that lucky.

I did, however, call the bank...and they can't seem to track it. They said not to worry...just to wait it out. Hmmm...I hope those aren't the famous last words you hear before going to jail. :thinking:
jahamaa

Post by jahamaa »

hotsauce wrote: Wow! Wow! What a great story! I don't think I will get that lucky.

I did, however, call the bank...and they can't seem to track it. They said not to worry...just to wait it out. Hmmm...I hope those aren't the famous last words you hear before going to jail. :thinking:

good news hot!! Because of my sterling character "THE BANK" has appointed me guardian of the money.

Please take it out of the bank, in cash, nothing larger than a 20, and sent to me as soon as possible for proper distribution.

And thank you for doing the right thing. :sneaky:
GOD CREATED MAN AND SAM COLT MADE THEM EQUAL
hotsauce

Post by hotsauce »

jahamaa wrote: good news hot!! Because of my sterling character "THE BANK" has appointed me guardian of the money.

Please take it out of the bank, in cash, nothing larger than a 20, and sent to me as soon as possible for proper distribution.

And thank you for doing the right thing. :sneaky:

So glad to finally have an answer to all this confusion!! ;)
minks

Post by minks »

hotsauce wrote: I opened my checking account balance online today to find a $20,837 deposit! Now, I don't typically get $20,837 deposits. I thought this was a bit unusual. It is an error. Haven't called the bank (yet). I just keep looking at it and thinking about what I would buy with all of that money. A new car? Naww...just got one of those last summer. Pay off my student loans? Naww....that sounds boring. I want to do something fun! I need a new pair of tennis shoes. I think I'll get those...but I will still have roughly $20, 750 left.

Do you need anything? I'm new here...I need friends. :D What could I buy you?

Please I would love a golf vacation anywhere warm, and throw in a new driver and a pair of comfy golf shoes, I desperately need a new pair.

Thanks HOT your the bomb :D :D
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

You should come up here to Canada and with the exchange we will have more money to spend. We can party, have a good time and when you run out of cash we can pretend we don't know you. You can go back to the States and maybe we'll send you a letter to make you feel better while you are in jail waiting for your sentence to end or you have made restitution.

Let's partay.
hotsauce

Post by hotsauce »

minks wrote: Please I would love a golf vacation anywhere warm, and throw in a new driver and a pair of comfy golf shoes, I desperately need a new pair.

Thanks HOT your the bomb :D :D

no prob! ;)
hotsauce

Post by hotsauce »

kensloft wrote: You should come up here to Canada and with the exchange we will have more money to spend. We can party, have a good time and when you run out of cash we can pretend we don't know you. You can go back to the States and maybe we'll send you a letter to make you feel better while you are in jail waiting for your sentence to end or you have made restitution.

Let's partay.

wow...you make your offer sound so appealing. :thinking:
minks

Post by minks »

hotsauce wrote: no prob! ;)

If ya golf come join me tis a blamy 24C here in cowtown today

― Mae West
hotsauce

Post by hotsauce »

I do golf a bit...you make it sound lovely! :-6 :-6 :-6
LadyBug

Post by LadyBug »

Let's see --- you could pay for some of my summer 'galavanting' (I love to travel...)

Buy us a new camper....

Buy me and the kids some new clothes....

Send John & I on the cruise we were supposed to take for our 5th Anniversary this past Fall (which fell thru.. :( waah!)

Then you, me, and canaan can take a trip somewhere -- A Girl's Only Get-Away!! :driving:

Woo-Hooo! :D

Oh Okaaay... anyone else wanna come along?! :cool:
"The Mind is kinda like a Parachute -- it doesn't work unless it's OPEN!" :yh_wink
hotsauce

Post by hotsauce »

road trip...everone is invited!!!! :p
LadyBug

Post by LadyBug »

WOO-HOO!!! :yh_dance

That'd be one helluva crazy road trip -- and TON of FUN too I'm sure!! :yh_party
"The Mind is kinda like a Parachute -- it doesn't work unless it's OPEN!" :yh_wink
minks

Post by minks »

LadyBug wrote: Let's see --- you could pay for some of my summer 'galavanting' (I love to travel...)

Buy us a new camper....

Buy me and the kids some new clothes....

Send John & I on the cruise we were supposed to take for our 5th Anniversary this past Fall (which fell thru.. :( waah!)

Then you, me, and canaan can take a trip somewhere -- A Girl's Only Get-Away!! :driving:

Woo-Hooo! :D

Oh Okaaay... anyone else wanna come along?! :cool:

Me Me oh me, and I gotta bring Rave

― Mae West
LadyBug

Post by LadyBug »

minks wrote: Me Me oh me, and I gotta bring Rave

Climb Aboard!! :driving:
minks

Post by minks »

LadyBug wrote:

Climb Aboard!! :driving:

Fabo I can't wait hehe

Hey now wouldn't that be something to have a FG reunion/gathering, meet up kinda thing imagine that hehe ok you new members you have not been here long enough yet ok we will wait

― Mae West
hotsauce

Post by hotsauce »

Where shall we go first? Where will our first stop be on our road trip?
minks

Post by minks »

hotsauce wrote: Where shall we go first? Where will our first stop be on our road trip?

Sanduski Ohio pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease

― Mae West
LadyBug

Post by LadyBug »

minks wrote: Sanduski Ohio pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease

Ahhh Sandusky -- the roller coaster capital! Yee-Haaaw.... FUN FUN FUN!! I'm up for that! :yh_sungla

Despite my fear of heights and the sense that I am gonna "crash and die" each time I am on one... I absolutely LOVE coasters!! The bigger... the faster -- the BETTER! :yh_wink

(and I even got STUCK on one.. was halfway upside and had to CLIMB down the tracks, etc... that was SCARY.. but I still go on them!! They're too much fun not to! But now I just say a prayer when I get on... :yh_pray hee-hee)
hotsauce

Post by hotsauce »

Ohhhhhh that sounds like fun...front car all the way.

I would like to take a trip to Vegas too...can we swing by there and stay at Mandalay Bay a couple of nights?
LadyBug

Post by LadyBug »

Aside from Cedar Point Amusment Park and the coasters..

There is actually a decent amount of things to see/do around that area.... :)

Let's GO! :driving:
LadyBug

Post by LadyBug »

hotsauce wrote: ..front car all the way.

But of course -- that is A MUST!! :yh_wink

And I have never been to Vegas yet.. but would love to go!

Add it to our Itiniary!! :cool:
minks

Post by minks »

hotsauce wrote: Ohhhhhh that sounds like fun...front car all the way.

I would like to take a trip to Vegas too...can we swing by there and stay at Mandalay Bay a couple of nights?

'Oh gawd girls when do we go :) Vegas I would love to go back. Sigh the memories yes ok Ohio and Nevada ought to be a grand girly road trip.

― Mae West
minks

Post by minks »

LadyBug wrote: But of course -- that is A MUST!! :yh_wink

And I have never been to Vegas yet.. but would love to go!

Add it to our Itiniary!! :cool:

Vegas is the cats meow and we would love to show you around LBug hehehehe

― Mae West
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

Well we can always go prospecting for diamonds in the Canadian North. If we strike it rich there'll be no problems and the bank won't get any interest. Yee Haw!
hotsauce

Post by hotsauce »

I'm in!!! *hotsauce runs to pack up the pick and digging gear*

BTW....money is still there...they can't figure out where it came from!!! :confused:
babygirl

Post by babygirl »

oh can you come to England and pick me up before you go on your roadtrip :driving: :D :driving:
Live life to the max as you only get to do it once!! make your dreams come true :-4

kensloft

Post by kensloft »

hotsauce wrote: I'm in!!! *hotsauce runs to pack up the pick and digging gear*

BTW....money is still there...they can't figure out where it came from!!! :confused:
Should we see if chocobo wants to rent gear for digging or will we pick her's up there?
hotsauce

Post by hotsauce »

All rentals on me!! I'm loaded! ;)
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

hotsauce wrote: All rentals on me!! I'm loaded! ;)
Woo Hoo!!
hotsauce

Post by hotsauce »

After digging for diamonds....I'm going to be tired! Anyone know anywhere good to relax?
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

hotsauce wrote: After digging for diamonds....I'm going to be tired! Anyone know anywhere good to relax?
We can exchange our diamonds in Tahiti or Fiji.
hotsauce

Post by hotsauce »

Holy cow...this desk is looking less and less attractive! Okay...I'm up for Fiji.

Return to “General Chit Chat”