Anal-Retentive Habits

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
theia

Anal-Retentive Habits

Post by theia »

pompom;515281 wrote: I used to do all that stuff, and nearly drove myself and everyone mad.

Now I'm just a lazy slut and can't even remember how I got from there to here :D

Your home always has that beautifully creative feel to it and I'm envious. Nothing in my home is allowed to express itself creatively...it's more like a military operation here :-5 But I have tried...I've tried allowing the odd throw or curtain to look casual and to be itself...I just can't!
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Betty Boop

Anal-Retentive Habits

Post by Betty Boop »

SuzyB;515288 wrote: One of my worst habits is the tins in the cupboard all have to have the labels facing towards you, not to the side and not to the back, i'm sure someone moves them deliberately just to wind me up :-5 :-5

And I'm the sort of person that would re-arrange them all for you when you weren't looking.

Last week at a friends house I moved some ornaments around, just because I know it annoys him! :wah:

Ok, for coffee on thurs Theia, think we'll stay at yours this week. :D
Nomad

Anal-Retentive Habits

Post by Nomad »

pompom;515281 wrote: I used to do all that stuff, and nearly drove myself and everyone mad.

Now I'm just a lazy slut and can't even remember how I got from there to here :D

:wah: :wah: :wah:
I AM AWESOME MAN
SuzyB

Anal-Retentive Habits

Post by SuzyB »

Betty Boop;515295 wrote: And I'm the sort of person that would re-arrange them all for you when you weren't looking.

Last week at a friends house I moved some ornaments around, just because I know it annoys him! :wah:

Thats your invite over revoked :rolleyes:
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

theia

Anal-Retentive Habits

Post by theia »

Betty Boop;515295 wrote: And I'm the sort of person that would re-arrange them all for you when you weren't looking.

You will have to stand then, Betty (but not on the rugs). Can't have my squares disturbed.
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
theia

Anal-Retentive Habits

Post by theia »

pompom;515299 wrote: Is that a euphemism for untidy? :p

The last time I was in your home it was the haven of serenity it's always been - I'm sure the only difference now is the colour ;)

No!!!

You mean terracotta serenity instead of blue? Doesn't quite have the same ring to it, methinks. Fergus had better watch his fur, the black just doesn't go:-5
Betty Boop

Anal-Retentive Habits

Post by Betty Boop »

SuzyB;515298 wrote: Thats your invite over revoked :rolleyes:

:-1 please Suzy no.......... I promise I'll behave

Hammy, not ignoring you anymore, tell her I'm a good houseguest!!
Betty Boop

Anal-Retentive Habits

Post by Betty Boop »

theia;515301 wrote: You will have to stand then, Betty (but not on the rugs). Can't have my squares disturbed.

:rolleyes: ok we'll go to that lovely little cafe, they don't mind even when I spill salt all over the table!
SuzyB

Anal-Retentive Habits

Post by SuzyB »

Betty Boop;515306 wrote: :-1 please Suzy no.......... I promise I'll behave

Hammy, not ignoring you anymore, tell her I'm a good houseguest!!

Ok, better not have your fingers crossed when you promised :sneaky: :D
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

theia

Anal-Retentive Habits

Post by theia »

Betty Boop;515307 wrote: :rolleyes: ok we'll go to that lovely little cafe, they don't mind even when I spill salt all over the table!

and they have got very clean lightshades :)
Betty Boop

Anal-Retentive Habits

Post by Betty Boop »

SuzyB;515308 wrote: Ok, better not have your fingers crossed when you promised :sneaky: :D

:yh_whistl Would I do such a thing, I'm 'nice' Betty after all! :D
Betty Boop

Anal-Retentive Habits

Post by Betty Boop »

theia;515309 wrote: and they have got very clean lightshades :)

And mirror! Pity about the salt pots huh! :wah:
Nomad

Anal-Retentive Habits

Post by Nomad »

Originally Posted by theia

Your home always has that beautifully creative feel to it and I'm envious. Nothing in my home is allowed to express itself creatively...it's more like a military operation here :-5 But I have tried...I've tried allowing the odd throw or curtain to look casual and to be itself...I just can't!

I think Martha Stewart is the only one that can pull off "looking casual" when in reality its a well thought out planned and strategically placed design with purposeful intent. Thats why shes a billionaire. Bitch !
I AM AWESOME MAN
theia

Anal-Retentive Habits

Post by theia »

pompom;515311 wrote: You could say "an earthy calm"?

Black gives a room focus and depth ... but fergus better at this than a pair of old wellies :D

Dunno, really...a pair of old wellies wouldn't shed fur, claw the rented carpet and jump on my carefully arranged throw :thinking:
WonderWendy3

Anal-Retentive Habits

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Keith W;514748 wrote: I have been know to go and buy a new t-shirt if I get a bit off food on the one I am wearing whilst out

guilty on this one as well...BIG reason why I hardly EVER wear White ...stains too easy and I can't stand it!--now around the house I will, if only family sees me...that's different, just prefer to not walk around in public with ketchup and mustard, and people knowing what I had for lunch!
theia

Anal-Retentive Habits

Post by theia »

Oh no, I've remembered another one...I always pull my cardi sleeve down over my hand before I flush a public loo, to avoid touching the lever...and I always cover the seat with loo paper before using it. And I keep my cardi sleeve in place for locking and unlocking the door.
WonderWendy3

Anal-Retentive Habits

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Ditto MATE!!--I would love to have the energy to keep everything clean and neat, but that would mean that I would NEVER get any sleep or down time for me...

So, count me in on the lazy slut team....:wah:
Nomad

Anal-Retentive Habits

Post by Nomad »

theia;515324 wrote: Oh no, I've remembered another one...I always pull my cardi sleeve down over my hand before I flush a public loo, to avoid touching the lever...and I always cover the seat with loo paper before using it. And I keep my cardi sleeve in place for locking and unlocking the door.

You use your sleeve ? :eek: Any truly anal retentive freak flushes with their foot. tsk tsk ...
I AM AWESOME MAN
theia

Anal-Retentive Habits

Post by theia »

Nomad;515327 wrote: You use your sleeve ? :eek: Any truly anal retentive freak flushes with their foot. tsk tsk ...

Aha! But I wash my cardis daily...how often do you wash your shoes, eh?
Betty Boop

Anal-Retentive Habits

Post by Betty Boop »

Nomad;515327 wrote: You use your sleeve ? :eek: Any truly anal retentive freak flushes with their foot. tsk tsk ...

:wah: Do you ever fall over??
Nomad

Anal-Retentive Habits

Post by Nomad »

Betty Boop;515332 wrote: :wah: Do you ever fall over??

maybe
I AM AWESOME MAN
Nomad

Anal-Retentive Habits

Post by Nomad »

Do you guys over there in UK land get the show Monk ? Hes an anal retentive detective.
I AM AWESOME MAN
theia

Anal-Retentive Habits

Post by theia »

pompom;515352 wrote: Well that's just ... normal surely?

Can't be, surely? I've seen people exiting public loos wearing short sleeved or even sleeveless tops :eek:
Betty Boop

Anal-Retentive Habits

Post by Betty Boop »

Wendybird;515367 wrote: I LOVE that show! The one when he walks into the garage and almost passes out as it is so perfect made me laugh out loud! :wah:

That was Nomads garage. :D
Betty Boop

Anal-Retentive Habits

Post by Betty Boop »

theia;515324 wrote: Oh no, I've remembered another one...I always pull my cardi sleeve down over my hand before I flush a public loo, to avoid touching the lever...and I always cover the seat with loo paper before using it. And I keep my cardi sleeve in place for locking and unlocking the door.

The obsession with my brown cardi is now suddenly becoming very clear......:D
cherandbuster

Anal-Retentive Habits

Post by cherandbuster »

1) I also can never wear underwear to bed. I hate to be restricted!

2) If there is an empty bottle/can/newspaper on my kitchen counter, ready to go downstairs in the garage for recycling, I must get rid of it immediately.

3) As The Suz said, I must have all labels on cans and jars facing outward when storing.

4) When I get out of my car, I have to leave the car radio on the same station every single time, so it's always the same when I next get in my car :rolleyes:

5) If I re-wear a pair of jeans, I have to re-iron them, especially in the back of the knees, so they feel fresh to me.

6) When I turn off my television at night, regardless of what I was last watching, I always put it on the channel 7 so it will be ready for The Today Show the next morning.

7) I cannot think of the last time I ran out of anything without having an extra on hand. I get great comfort from that :rolleyes:

8) At night, ALL dishes MUST be loaded in the dishwasher. An empty sink is a good sink!

Do you guys think I have some problems or what??!!
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

Saffron

Anal-Retentive Habits

Post by Saffron »

AussiePam;514959 wrote: Obsessive compulsives all.. grin.. Anyone else enjoy Monk?

Yeah I think it could also be called OCD.
Your Kitty Forum

My Website
Carl44

Anal-Retentive Habits

Post by Carl44 »

cherandbuster;515612 wrote: 1) I also can never wear underwear to bed. I hate to be restricted!

2) If there is an empty bottle/can/newspaper on my kitchen counter, ready to go downstairs in the garage for recycling, I must get rid of it immediately.

3) As The Suz said, I must have all labels on cans and jars facing outward when storing.

4) When I get out of my car, I have to leave the car radio on the same station every single time, so it's always the same when I next get in my car :rolleyes:

5) If I re-wear a pair of jeans, I have to re-iron them, especially in the back of the knees, so they feel fresh to me.

6) When I turn off my television at night, regardless of what I was last watching, I always put it on the channel 7 so it will be ready for The Today Show the next morning.

7) I cannot think of the last time I ran out of anything without having an extra on hand. I get great comfort from that :rolleyes:

8) At night, ALL dishes MUST be loaded in the dishwasher. An empty sink is a good sink!

Do you guys think I have some problems or what??!!

cher you are the nicest person ever but now you scare me :thinking: :thinking:

Return to “General Chit Chat”