La la la(don't know what to call this)

BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

I like all kinds of music too, skittles. I guess my favorite genre is country, because it's usually upbeat and tells a story. It's also full of patriotic stuff, which I am big into.

I like rock and roll a lot, too. But usually the slightly older stuff. Metallica rules.

I can do some easy listening, if the mood strikes me, which it hasn't recently.

The blues would have to be next on my list. Nothing quite like sittin' in a really great blues bar, all smoky, with a few friends and just kicking back. There is no rap that I really like, though I will confess to enjoying a COUPLE eminem songs. Linkin Park is another "odd" favorite for me.

WHY I listen to what I do all depends on my mood. The best stuff to relax to, late at night, home alone with a pot of coffee and the computer is Enya.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

minks

Post by minks »

How music strikes me.... substance, I love music with substance, lots of melody, lots of good instumentation, and great vocal sounds.

Rap insults me, it always sounds like a single beat and a person matching the beat with some lousy ghetto wording.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
alobar51

Post by alobar51 »

skittles2004 wrote: What leads you to the music you like. I like ALL music. I like country because it's nice to listen to people singing with some talent. I listen to jazz because the rythem and the ease of it all, i listen to rap because of the beats, i listen to blue grass music, well i don't know why, i like rock more then anything why because my mom liked it and i just sort of grew up with it.

It reasonates on an emotional/spiritual level. Technique plays a role, but soulful playing is so much more than technique alone. It's putting your heart out there.

Dickie Betts once said, "You better put your heart out there pretty quick, son, or you're gonna realize that you're naked up there with nothin' more than 3 chords."

Musicians who listen to each other create something much greater than the sum of their parts. Virtuoso soloists who are wrapped up in their egos often miss this.

I remember when I was about 7(1962) my mother showed me a picture in Time magazine of this person with a very distinct profile. One of those classic small, Time Black and white shots that appear in the magazine.

She asked me if I knew who that was. I didn't, but from her tone, I knew she considered him subversive and dangerous, so I HAD to get to know who that was, and soon! 43 years later, my mother has conceded that Bob Dylan isn't dangerous.

"They said sit down, I stood up."
David813

Post by David813 »

I like all kinds of music, across the board. I love classical. The baroque chamber music stuff like Vivaldi, Bach, Handel, Schubert & Mozart. I like Marilyn Manson, speed metal, Goth,death metal and 70's rock. I like Hispanic and Arab music and about all other international music. I enjoy easier listening, rave music, disco and bluegrass. I like the blues and brassier loud New Orleans jazz. (KC jazz is just as old but it's not celebratory.) I don't like country-western. About the only kind of music I totally dislike. Same goes for the harder rap. I live in an area where the walls vibrate with that filthy crap!
"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group that believes you can do these things. Among them are a few Texas millionaires, or businessman from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid." [font=Arial Narrow][/font]

President Dwight D. Eisenhower Nov. 08, 1954
David813

Post by David813 »

TW2005 wrote: I like songs with good bass. Not hard core "gangster Rap", but songs that have a great flow in them through its bass.
EXACTLY what rattles my *#@damn walls every day and night! It isn't music! It's vibration. :-5
"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group that believes you can do these things. Among them are a few Texas millionaires, or businessman from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid." [font=Arial Narrow][/font]

President Dwight D. Eisenhower Nov. 08, 1954
devist8me

Post by devist8me »

I like all music except head banging music (not sure exactly what its called) and it just depends on my mood as to what I'm listening to. I even like some rap, especially female rap, because after I figure out what they are saying, some of its usually funny. Rock, country, hip-hop, easy, classical, rap.....all have a place in my CD collection.
I probably posted that in an ambien trance-soryy

Return to “General Music”