Ask Red Glitter

RedGlitter

Ask Red Glitter

Post by RedGlitter »

These threads are always so fun. I would like to do one too. Maybe people who don't know me well will get to know me a little better. Please ask me some questions if you'd like. :-3 :)
BabyRider

Ask Red Glitter

Post by BabyRider »

You want to be just like me, don't you?

I'M KIDDING!!!!

Seriously, Red, why "Red Glitter"?
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

guppy

Ask Red Glitter

Post by guppy »

whats your fav. food
guppy

Ask Red Glitter

Post by guppy »

do you have a fav. pillow or anything you have to have to sleep?

how many times do you brush your teeth a day?

do you like horror movies?

can you cook?

how old are you?

when is your birthday?

are you left handed or right handed?

do you have a nickname in real life?

are you in a relationship right now?

:D
RedGlitter

Ask Red Glitter

Post by RedGlitter »

BabyRider;529258 wrote: You want to be just like me, don't you?

I'M KIDDING!!!!

Seriously, Red, why "Red Glitter"?

I've already *been* like you BabyRider. HA!! I'm just kidding too!! :wah: ;) You're a good sport!

My favorite color's red. And I LOVE glitter. I put it on everything except my sandwich. I sprinkle it out in the yard to make it look pretty in the sun. I use it in my craftwork too. Red glitter to me, is the supreme of all glitters. Whenever I go to Walmart and buy glitter, my hand bypasses the gold and silver and goes right to the red! I love anything sparkly. I'm like a magpie. :D

Thanks for asking me my first question! :)
RedGlitter

Ask Red Glitter

Post by RedGlitter »

guppy;529261 wrote: whats your fav. food

Tacos made with Morningstar Farms' "Crumbles." It's soy meat made to be like ground beef. I love tacos! :yh_drool
RedGlitter

Ask Red Glitter

Post by RedGlitter »

guppy;529264 wrote: do you have a fav. pillow or anything you have to have to sleep?

Yes, I have a favorite pillow and a stuffed dog that was a gift to me from my mom when I went into the hospital. :)

how many times do you brush your teeth a day?

2-5 times. I floss once a day.

do you like horror movies?

Not really anymore. Not if they're like Friday the 13th or Jason stuff. I prefer the older classics that were really scary and less gross. Like "The Brain that Wouldn't Die," "The Little Girl Who Lived Down the Lane," "Cujo," and "Pet Sematary."

can you cook?

Oh yes! Pretty well too. I love cooking, especially cooking for people I love. It's one of the ways I show them that they're important to me. :)

how old are you?

I am 40.

when is your birthday?

April 7th, 1966

are you left handed or right handed?

right handed but I can do some things with both hands.

do you have a nickname in real life?

Several. Clam, Boo Terri, Kid, Teresa (my given name is just Terri, Terri Louise) and Red.

are you in a relationship right now?

Nope. :) Not quite looking just yet.

:)...
RedGlitter

Ask Red Glitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Magenta flame;529269 wrote: Is it true that bread that is dropped will always land butter side down?

Nope. Usually it does in my experience but I've had it land butter side up too. What's really gross is when you drop it and it lands on the *cat!* :-2 Butter side down.
guppy

Ask Red Glitter

Post by guppy »

RedGlitter;529286 wrote: Nope. Usually it does in my experience but I've had it land butter side up too. What's really gross is when you drop it and it lands on the *cat!* :-2 Butter side down.

:wah: :wah:
RedGlitter

Ask Red Glitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Sure, that'd be great! I like these threads myself. I'll get my questions ready. :)
RedGlitter

Ask Red Glitter

Post by RedGlitter »

A rose breasted cockatoo. They're beautiful. :)
Carl44

Ask Red Glitter

Post by Carl44 »

hi red how are you,suzy and i plan to do an american f g tour one day , can we put your name down on our must visit list please please please please :D :-4
RedGlitter

Ask Red Glitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Hi Jimbo! You had better!! I would be crushed if you came to the states and I didn't get to see you! :) :-4
SuzyB

Ask Red Glitter

Post by SuzyB »

Hi Red

Do you have a daily routine?

Do you walk all your dogs at the same time?

How many animals do you have?

On average how many animals do you resue a month?

Do you do your food shop the same day each week?

Do you make time for yourself each day?

How do you relax?

Do you drink alcohol? If you do, what is your favourite tipple?

How many hours sleep do you get a night?

Do you go apply make up every day?

:-4 :D
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

RedGlitter

Ask Red Glitter

Post by RedGlitter »

SuzyB;529379 wrote: Hi Red

Do you have a daily routine?

Not really; I'm pretty flexible. I wake up, grab a diet cola, check my email and my banking, check FG and other forums, then I do whatever the day requires of me. Around 4 or 5 I start cooking dinner, then we feed the dogs and then I get on the computer again and come here for a while.

Hi Suzy! You're really good at this! :)

Do you walk all your dogs at the same time?

No, just one at a time. I can't handle more than one big dog on a leash at once; they'd yank me down the road!

How many animals do you have?

I have nine mixed breed foster dogs, three personal dogs and three personal cats.

On average how many animals do you rescue a month?

We used to average about five a month, sometimes whole litters of pups or kittens too. We aren't rescuing any more right now because we're at our limit with dogs and can't handle any more. I'm thinking of changing our operation into a spay and neuter only program because we're all burned out on rescue and since losing my mom I really don't have the right attitude at present to keep my group going. It may be time to turn in altogether.

Do you do your food shop the same day each week?

No we just go whenever we need food. We will do "big shopping" once a month and then make random occasional trips ("little shopping") back to the store to pick up little things we've run out of, like soda or bread. I drink a ton of diet cola, the same way coffee lovers drink their coffee.

Do you make time for yourself each day?

Yes but I don't use my time wisely. I'm on the computer way too much which really is part of my relax time. I should read more.

How do you relax?

With computer time and I read a lot, do crosswords. I make jewelry and when I'm in the right mood, I work on various crafts. Music is a big part of chilling out for me. Right now I am listening to Alison Krause and Union Station. Have you heard of them? I also sleep! :D

Do you drink alcohol? If you do, what is your favourite tipple?

I rarely drink, maybe two times a year, seriously. I will have a bottle of champagne one night or if I go out with my friend I might have a strawberry margarita or two at the most. I enjoy champagne, strawberry or blackberry margaritas, (don't like the regular ones) daiquiris, fuzzy navels, greyhounds and an occasional bottle of cheap strawberry wine. ;)

How many hours sleep do you get a night?

That's hard to say because I don't keep regular hours. I would say between five and eight hours a night but some nights I stay up. That usually happens when I'm having a manic phase (stupid bipolar) where I will stay up anywhere from one night to 3 at the maximum. It's 3 am here now and I will probably go to bed by 5 for a couple hours and then it's off to run errands.

Do you go apply make up every day?

Nope, only if I'm going out in public. I've gotten really lazy about makeup. But usually if I go out I'm made up.

Fun questions, Suzy! Thank you!

ETA: I also shop online and do eBay to relax. I've all but sold my soul to eBay. :D
RedGlitter

Ask Red Glitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Hamster;529459 wrote: Hi Redglitter!!

Revenge he he he!!! Ok...first question...there will be more!:sneaky:

How hot does the summer get there?

Hi Hammy! I look forward to your questions! :D

Our hottest summer reached 129 degrees some years back. It was crazy.:yh_ghost

Where I live, usually we average about 115-120 and it's very dry. Summer nights can be as high at 90-110.
Fibonacci

Ask Red Glitter

Post by Fibonacci »

Do you have a favorite Animal?
The poolhall's a great equalizer. In the poolhall, nobody cares how old you are, how young you are, what color your skin is or how much money you've got in your pocket... It's about how you move. I remember this kid once who could move around a pool table like nobody had ever seen. Hour after hour, rack after rack, his shots just went in. The cue was part of his arm and the balls had eyes. And the thing that made him so good was... He thought he could never miss. I know, 'cause that kid was me.
cars

Ask Red Glitter

Post by cars »

How did you get into the (so very worthwhile) Animal Rescue business?:)
Cars :)
SuzyB

Ask Red Glitter

Post by SuzyB »

I'm glad you enjoyed them, brace yourself I have more :D

What is the craziest thing you have ever done?

What age did you pass your driving test?

Do you have to have a license to run your animal shelter?

Do you have any brother or sisters?

Do you have a favorite word?

What would you consider your greatest strength?

What would you consider is your greatest weakness?

What type of jewellery is your favourite?

(No, I've never heard of them singers):-6
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

Carl44

Ask Red Glitter

Post by Carl44 »

i like people that are kind to animals , as i feel they could be kind to me also have you always been an animal lover :-4
RedGlitter

Ask Red Glitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Fibonacci;529501 wrote: Do you have a favorite Animal?

Hi Fib! Yes, I really like birds. All of them but sparrows and pigeons especially. I wish I could fly and see the world from a different angle as they do. But I love all animals; there isn't one I don't care for. Birds are my favorite though.

cars;529512 wrote: How did you get into the (so very worthwhile) Animal Rescue business?:)

Hi Cars!

Well, they were buildimg an animal shelter for the local indian tribe because they were mistreating the animals they took in. It was a big issue and I followed it in the paper. When the shelter had their grand opening, and invited the public, I went and signed up as a volunteer. They called me for help and it went from there. I went to the shelter daily and cleaned and cared for the animals (who were still mistreated) and we held adoptions in front of the grocery stores to get homes for the animals. Then the tribe stole the donation money we had raised for the spay program. There were issues of trust and integrity and the volunteers decided we would handle our own money so we got our nonprofit status, our 501(c)3 and a bank account and began our own group. That was in May of 1999. :)
RedGlitter

Ask Red Glitter

Post by RedGlitter »

SuzyB;529516 wrote: I'm glad you enjoyed them, brace yourself I have more :D

What is the craziest thing you have ever done?

Made love in the snow.

What age did you pass your driving test?

I never took the test. Driving terrifis me. I dont drive. Everyone's safer that way!

Do you have to have a license to run your animal shelter?

Yes, we have to have a kennel license but because we have a good rapport with the county, they leave us alone. We do have 502(c)3 status that makes us a nonprofit organization so that everybody's donations are tax deductible.

IWe don't really have a shelter exactly, we have large dog kennels in our backyard.

Do you have any brother or sisters?

Nope, I'm an only.

Do you have a favorite word?

I used to like "etre" which I believe is French for "to be."

What would you consider your greatest strength?

Hmmm. Gosh that one's hard. I would say either my loyalty to my friends and loved ones or that I stand up for what I think is right even if it makes me unpopular. That's a hard question. :)

What would you consider is your greatest weakness?

Self discipline!! That one's easy! I'm lazy and too easy on myself when things need to get done.

What type of jewellery is your favourite?

Rings. But it's a toss-up between rings and earrings.

(

jimbo;529529 wrote: i like people that are kind to animals , as i feel they could be kind to me also have you always been an animal lover :-4

Always!! I've always loved animals. I'd rather see a photo of someone's dog or cat or whatever than photos of their kids. :wah:
guppy

Ask Red Glitter

Post by guppy »

do you believe in true love?

what kind of music do you listen too?

do you like to dance?

what is your greatest fear?

what is your idea of a perfect day?
Nomad

Ask Red Glitter

Post by Nomad »

When you run across the occasional cadaver, whats the 1st thing you like to do with it ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
Fibonacci

Ask Red Glitter

Post by Fibonacci »

What is your favorite Movie?

Song?

Book?
The poolhall's a great equalizer. In the poolhall, nobody cares how old you are, how young you are, what color your skin is or how much money you've got in your pocket... It's about how you move. I remember this kid once who could move around a pool table like nobody had ever seen. Hour after hour, rack after rack, his shots just went in. The cue was part of his arm and the balls had eyes. And the thing that made him so good was... He thought he could never miss. I know, 'cause that kid was me.
Rain

Ask Red Glitter

Post by Rain »

Hi RG :) It's been fun getting to know you on here and PMing and emailing. Everyone has such great questions, I hardly know what to ask. Let's see.....

Oh, who's your favorite Actor and Actress?
RedGlitter

Ask Red Glitter

Post by RedGlitter »

guppy;530693 wrote: do you believe in true love?

Absolutely and it's hard to find I think. I had it once and never since.

what kind of music do you listen too?

My tastes are pretty well varied. I love bluegrass, I enjoy some jazz, blues, classic rock, classical and alternative. Even some "easy listening." I don't care for rap, hiphop, house, trance, etc. I used to be a huge country fan but I've since lost my interest in it.

do you like to dance?

I'm too shy to dance in public and I don't know how to dance with a partner. I do hate it when I say no thank you and the guy insists on dragging me out to the floor. Grr! Then I'm forced to flop around like a fish with its fin in an electrical socket! (err...sorry Gup) :o

what is your greatest fear?

Getting in a terrible car wreck by far. It almost happened tonight in fact, we almost got hit head on. I am still shaken. My other big fear is dying alone in a nursing home in my own filth.

what is your idea of a perfect day?

A picnic in the mountains with loved ones, collecting pinecones. Followed by shopping! :D

Nomad;530708 wrote: When you run across the occasional cadaver, whats the 1st thing you like to do with it ?

The fish.

Fibonacci;530734 wrote: What is your favorite Movie?

Young Guns The first one is better than YG 2 in my opinion. I'm big on westerns.

Song?

Will the Circle Be Unbroken means a lot to me...Acony Bell...I am really fond of a lot of tradtional and bluegrass music. I don't think I could pick just one.

Book?

The Thorn Birds.

Rain;530753 wrote: Hi RG :) It's been fun getting to know you on here and PMing and emailing. Everyone has such great questions, I hardly know what to ask. Let's see.....

Oh, who's your favorite Actor and Actress?

Hi Rain, thanks! I'm enjoying our emails and PMs too!

I would say Sissy Spacek is an all time favorite. Men...Lou Diamond Phillips, Louis Gossett, James Earl Jones. I know if those people will be in the movie, it's a movie worth seeing.

This is fun! How about some more questions?? :)
rkdian

Ask Red Glitter

Post by rkdian »

Hi RG! What is the worst scenario that you have rescued an animal from?
RedGlitter

Ask Red Glitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Hi Rkdian!

I've dealt with a lot of animal abuse, fortunately nothing like setting cats on fire or junk like that but I did rescue a cat from her owner after he threw her against a wall. I've pulled dogs off death row in the nick of time. That's always such a rush. Like Buddy. He was one of those "free to good home" dogs. His owner had not two nickels to rub together but she got Buddy for a christmas gift for her two teenaged kids. His first call to death came when she had the pound pick him up because he was sick. I paid to have him go to a vet and he had parvo. So I paid for treatment and he managed to pull through which was a miracle in itself. You'd think his family would be overjoyed but no. I ended up giving this family food, paying for Buddy's neutering, his license, a leash,a collar, etc. I also provioded food for their cat. In the end the woman took Buddy to the pound. I found out about it and rushed down there to find him in the back row of cages where the dogs wait to be killed. I paid his bail and we got the heck out of there. I was told he had been due to take his final walk just a few hours from then. I made it just in time and I was so happy to see him! He was one happy dog! I went to the woman's house with other members of my rescue and we confronted her. I gave her a bill for everything including his fine, which came to about four hundred dollars. She agreed to pay and of course she skipped as we knew she would. But that doesn't matter because I have the dog. :D

There are other stories but I think they may be a little too sad. I wanted to share a happy one. :)
Carl44

Ask Red Glitter

Post by Carl44 »

i hate dancing also ,that fin in the socket ,cracked me up..i had know idea you were so funny ..so whodo you find funny in real life ... two and a half men with charlie sheen i just cry with laughter when i watch that :wah: :wah:
RedGlitter

Ask Red Glitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Hi Jimbo!

I love stand up comedians. Robin Williams, Eddie Murphy, Carlos Mencia, some others who I can't recall their names. I love anyone who can make me laugh. I think that's an art. :D Those are famous people but I know some funny people in my own life too. I like a dry wit. I think Spot and Bryn Mawr are both great.
Carl44

Ask Red Glitter

Post by Carl44 »

RedGlitter;530938 wrote: Hi Jimbo!

I love stand up comedians. Robin Williams, Eddie Murphy, Carlos Mencia, some others who I can't recall their names. I love anyone who can make me laugh. I think that's an art. :D Those are famous people but I know some funny people in my own life too. I like a dry wit. I think Spot and Bryn Mawr are both great.

totally agree with you i love Bryns humour , as i do spot but buy the time i get out a dictionary to understand the punch line its just not so funny any more :wah: .... just kidding .... about the not being funny ... the dictionary bit is true :wah: ... some one tried hacking into suzy and my f g accounts so just to be on the safe side we deleted every p m in them , so we have now changed our pass words could you please send us your address and phone number again please to suzy's account .. she wants to write to you .. i wont by the way my writing is terrible .. but i will ring if i ever get this talk talk phone line working :-5
RedGlitter

Ask Red Glitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Hi Hammy!

I bet it's because you need extra sleep for the baby. Maybe you're anxious about things? How about a nice walk in the brisk morning air? That always freshens me up. :)
RedGlitter

Ask Red Glitter

Post by RedGlitter »

jimbo;530945 wrote: could you please send us your address and phone number again please to suzy's account ..

Sure I will! Funny you should mention that because I've been thinking of writing Suzy myself! Um...can you send me Suzy's address again? I tried emailing her day before yesterday and it came back as "does not like recipient." :(
RedGlitter

Ask Red Glitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Tea would be nice! But I vote for cold air first and then a nice hot tea. :)
Carl44

Ask Red Glitter

Post by Carl44 »

RedGlitter;530953 wrote: Tea would be nice! But I vote for cold air first and then a nice hot tea. :)

are there any fat bald smurfs red .. the reason i ask is its well below zero here i dont have a heater in my van it broke , i have to drive to london in a minute i just wondered what i will look like when i get there :( :( :D
RedGlitter

Ask Red Glitter

Post by RedGlitter »

You'll look like the handsome devil you are, Jimbo! (Right Suzy??) :D
Carl44

Ask Red Glitter

Post by Carl44 »

RedGlitter;530962 wrote: You'll look like the handsome devil you are, Jimbo! (Right Suzy??) :D

thanks red i just sprayed my tea every where .. thanks red you are kind :wah:
RedGlitter

Ask Red Glitter

Post by RedGlitter »

:-6
Carl44

Ask Red Glitter

Post by Carl44 »

red i'm back now i'm frozen i just asked the kids who are off of school ill if i looked like a fat bald smurf (coz i'm so cold) they just cracked up laughing should i take that as a yes :( :( :D
RedGlitter

Ask Red Glitter

Post by RedGlitter »

:wah: Kids. What can you do? :o

But I don't see any smurfiness myself. :)
Carl44

Ask Red Glitter

Post by Carl44 »

apart from the usa , what other countreis have you visited what was your fav ..... and we have a bag of wines with your name on here my friend all we neeed is you to pm sue an address and you can chomp away my friend ... ok our friend as sue just pointed out ... but i liked you first so you my friend really ....hee hee
RedGlitter

Ask Red Glitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Hee!! That was cute, Jimbo. :)

I have only been to Mexico a few times so far. That's probably not very exotic but there it is. I didn't see much of it except the touristy part.

My goal is to someday visit Tuscany and Venice. I have a fascination with them.

Are you getting my emails, Jimbo? The ones I send to Suzy keep coming back to me. I will PM that stuff over to Suzy right now. That's really nice of you guys. And we can all be friends! Lord knows there's enough of me to go around. :wah:

:)
Carl44

Ask Red Glitter

Post by Carl44 »

RedGlitter;532071 wrote: Hee!! That was cute, Jimbo.

I have only been to Mexico a few times so far. That's probably not very exotic but there it is. I didn't see much of it except the touristy part.

My goal is to someday visit Tuscany and Venice. I have a fascination with them.

Are you getting my emails, Jimbo? The ones I send to Suzy keep coming back to me. I will PM that stuff over to Suzy right now. That's really nice of you guys. And we can all be friends! Lord knows there's enough of me to go around. :wah:

:)

ok red can you post them to me aswell we are having probs with her email address :confused: :-4

Return to “ForumGarden Hotel”