Krammys Travels

Been on a great vacation or location recently? Share with us your travels, your tips, great places to stay, and whatever else you can think of.
Uncle Kram

Krammys Travels

Post by Uncle Kram »

When I got divorced, I decided to start travelling more than I had before. I also decided to rediscover Europe. I love America, but with so much on the doorstep, it seems a shame to miss it. The year before last I had a couple of trips to the Canary Islands and one to Italy, then last year, Spain, Norway and Italy. Now it's almost time to pack my case again. On Easter Sunday, I'm off to Portugal for a week. After 5 days back at work, I'm heading to Cyprus for a week as well. All that chilling out and relaxing is going to be a hideous ordeal but yeah...someones gotta do it.:D :-6

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
minks

Krammys Travels

Post by minks »

Brilliant we await pictures, funny how divorce makes us realize we can travel more.

Sadly I am forgoeing travel for a bit for home renovations.

Krammy have a good time... Seize the Day.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
chonsigirl

Krammys Travels

Post by chonsigirl »

Lots of pics, Unc'!:)
Uncle Kram

Krammys Travels

Post by Uncle Kram »

chonsigirl;579119 wrote: Lots of pics, Unc'!:)
Don't know about that......I might be going topless :D

minks

Krammys Travels

Post by minks »

Pinky;579133 wrote: Can we all come too? It'd be like having your own entourage!

We could even call ourselves the Moobettes.:wah:

I'm In :D
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Sheryl

Krammys Travels

Post by Sheryl »

hmmmm I like the sound of that Mooobettes. I'm in!

have fun on your vacations Uncle Kram!
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
weeder

Krammys Travels

Post by weeder »

OOH Im so envious of you. I felt the same way about the US when I was young. I wanted to see it all. And I did see quite a bit of it. Now Id like to travel to all of the places that you are visiting. Have a wonderful time. The rewards of travel are priceless.
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
Nomad

Krammys Travels

Post by Nomad »

Have you ever considered Morrocco ?

Do you look for significant cultural artifacts in your journey's ? You know like art or rugs or anything indigenous from the place youre visiting. Is your home filled with items from different lands ?

Have you ever visited the Middle East ?

Would you like to ?

Whats on the list after Portugal ?

Where have you been in the states ?

Where in the states would you like to visit that you havent been ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
koan

Krammys Travels

Post by koan »

Sounds like you're investing your time wisely, Uncle K.

Call it a health expense. Gotta heal that knee with a change of climate.
Uncle Kram

Krammys Travels

Post by Uncle Kram »

Nomad;579651 wrote: Have you ever considered Morrocco ?

Do you look for significant cultural artifacts in your journey's ? You know like art or rugs or anything indigenous from the place youre visiting. Is your home filled with items from different lands ?

Have you ever visited the Middle East ?

Would you like to ?

Whats on the list after Portugal ?

Where have you been in the states ?

Where in the states would you like to visit that you havent been ?
I thought about it this time but chose Portugal instead. The nearest I've got is seeing the Morroccan coast across the Strait of Gibraltar.

I generally don't gather artifacts on my travels but usually bring a small rock back from each place for my daughter.

I never have and never will visit the Middle East.

After Portugal is Cyprus. After that is to be determined by my travelling companions and bank balance.

I've only been to Florida, Nevada and to California a couple of times. I passed on a chance to do some American Idol stuff in Minneapolis a few years ago and now wish I'd gone. I've been to New York 4 times but never left the airport so I'd love to go there. Pretty much anywhere in the US would be of interest to me.

Uncle Kram

Krammys Travels

Post by Uncle Kram »

koan;579653 wrote: Sounds like you're investing your time wisely, Uncle K.

Call it a health expense. Gotta heal that knee with a change of climate.
I knew I should have flown with BUPA:D

Nomad

Krammys Travels

Post by Nomad »

Uncle Kram;579725 wrote: I thought about it this time but chose Portugal instead. The nearest I've got is seeing the Morroccan coast across the Strait of Gibraltar.

I generally don't gather artifacts on my travels but usually bring a small rock back from each place for my daughter.

I never have and never will visit the Middle East.

After Portugal is Cyprus. After that is to be determined by my travelling companions and bank balance.

I've only been to Florida, Nevada and to California a couple of times. I passed on a chance to do some American Idol stuff in Minneapolis a few years ago and now wish I'd gone. I've been to New York 4 times but never left the airport so I'd love to go there. Pretty much anywhere in the US would be of interest to me.

Why not the Middle East ? Your previous destinations have been places with a plethora of interesting history.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Uncle Kram

Krammys Travels

Post by Uncle Kram »

Nomad;579746 wrote: Why not the Middle East ? Your previous destinations have been places with a plethora of interesting history.
There is absolutely nothing about the Middle East that I like.

Uncle Kram

Krammys Travels

Post by Uncle Kram »

Pinky;579760 wrote: Have you ever been to the wonderful tourist hotspot of Great Yarmouth?:wah:
I once saw Great Yarmouth from a plane. Does that count? :D

cherandbuster

Krammys Travels

Post by cherandbuster »

Uncle Kram;579725 wrote: Pretty much anywhere in the US would be of interest to me.

How's about dropping by Massachusetts for a little piece of Cher? :p :-4
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

cherandbuster

Krammys Travels

Post by cherandbuster »

Nomad;579746 wrote: Why not the Middle East ? Your previous destinations have been places with a plethora of interesting history.

Seriously

"Plethora" is one of my favorite words :-4
Live Life with

PASSION

Uncle Kram

Krammys Travels

Post by Uncle Kram »

cherandbuster;580435 wrote: How's about dropping by Massachusetts for a little piece of Cher? :p :-4
Europe's suddenly lost it's appeal :D

Nomad

Krammys Travels

Post by Nomad »

Uncle Kram;579757 wrote: There is absolutely nothing about the Middle East that I like.

Ok but..............

I AM AWESOME MAN
Uncle Kram

Krammys Travels

Post by Uncle Kram »

Nomad;582054 wrote: Ok but..............

I hear what you are saying. It is a region not without culture and architecture to admire. Istanbul, or Turkey in general is not discounted, but it is the furthest east I would travel unless I went the whole hog to the Far East or Australia or New Zealand. Travel is to be enjoyed and not endured, so I have no desire to set foot in volatile regions when there's a plethora of alternative destinations. Have you been to the Middle East?

Nomad

Krammys Travels

Post by Nomad »

Uncle Kram;582068 wrote: I hear what you are saying. It is a region not without culture and architecture to admire. Istanbul, or Turkey in general is not discounted, but it is the furthest east I would travel unless I went the whole hog to the Far East or Australia or New Zealand. Travel is to be enjoyed and not endured, so I have no desire to set foot in volatile regions when there's a plethora of alternative destinations. Have you been to the Middle East?

Only in my mind. Its also been to Wotho Kwajalein where it was hiding from some people that were trying to steal my tinfoil hat, but it lost them so it came back on its own.
I AM AWESOME MAN
chonsigirl

Krammys Travels

Post by chonsigirl »

I would love to go to the Middle East, Europe, Africa-it would all be a glorious adventure. I will one day.:)
Uncle Kram

Krammys Travels

Post by Uncle Kram »

Kathy Ellen;582103 wrote: Kram,

I absolutely loved Portugal..Stayed in Cascais, Lisbon and the Algarve. Took a drive through the southern part of Spain, Gibralta, and to Tangier for the day.

What a trip. But, I would not go to Africa at this time until things settle down.

Have a great time. The only problem we had was that hardly anyone spoke English and it was difficult at times to communicate. But, the people were lovely.
I haven't been to Portugal for 14 years but it was a beautiful place. I mistakenly thought speaking Spanish would get me by, but I hadn't appreciated how different the two languages are. My main memory from that trip is that there was no kettle in the apartment and it took over an hour to boil a pan of water on the electric hob. :rolleyes: . And it was surprisingly cold for almost 2 weeks. Took a denim jacket to wear at the airport when I got back, and ended up wearing it almost every day.

cherandbuster

Krammys Travels

Post by cherandbuster »

Uncle Kram;580859 wrote: Europe's suddenly lost it's appeal :D

Krammy Baby :-4

I love ya :)
Live Life with

PASSION

Nomad

Krammys Travels

Post by Nomad »

What about Antananarivo ? Ever thought about going there or are you a Madagascar hater too ?

Whadid they ever do to you ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
Uncle Kram

Krammys Travels

Post by Uncle Kram »

Nomad;582665 wrote: What about Antananarivo ? Ever thought about going there or are you a Madagascar hater too ?

Whadid they ever do to you ?

I have no problem with Madagascar, although it's fair to say that I preferred Toy Story.

Uncle Kram

Krammys Travels

Post by Uncle Kram »

Hi folks. Im here in sunny(ish) Portugal in a place called Alvor. There is more atmosphere on the moon. In the 2 hour journey from Faro airport, we saw no pedestrians. The hotel is 4 star and nice but deserted. Only a handful of guests and we saw no-one on either of our 1 mile walks into the centre of this one-dog town. Not really enjoying the break as I have a chronic sweat rash around my dangly bits and arse which itches like mad day and night. Went to the Docs on the Wednesday before I came away and he gave me some steroid cream. By the night it was drammatically worse so I went to the hospital where they said it was quite bad and gave me a more potent cream. On the morning I was flying out, my whole arse felt on fire, so I went to the hospital again en route to the airport. The doc this time said it was a major eruption and in addition to a load more steroid cream, gave me oral steroids and anti-histamine tablets. A few days on and there is no significant improvement. The heat hasnt helped so the cooler weather today is very welcome. Still, as there isnt a fat lot to do round here, at least the scratching gives me something to do. By the way, just before I came away, my computer commited suicide so I will only be online when I return to work.

Obrigado as they say in this most south-westerly corner of continental Europe.

Betty Boop

Krammys Travels

Post by Betty Boop »

Uncle Kram;591038 wrote: Hi folks. Im here in sunny(ish) Portugal in a place called Alvor. There is more atmosphere on the moon. In the 2 hour journey from Faro airport, we saw no pedestrians. The hotel is 4 star and nice but deserted. Only a handful of guests and we saw no-one on either of our 1 mile walks into the centre of this one-dog town. Not really enjoying the break as I have a chronic sweat rash around my dangly bits and arse which itches like mad day and night. Went to the Docs on the Wednesday before I came away and he gave me some steroid cream. By the night it was drammatically worse so I went to the hospital where they said it was quite bad and gave me a more potent cream. On the morning I was flying out, my whole arse felt on fire, so I went to the hospital again en route to the airport. The doc this time said it was a major eruption and in addition to a load more steroid cream, gave me oral steroids and anti-histamine tablets. A few days on and there is no significant improvement. The heat hasnt helped so the cooler weather today is very welcome. Still, as there isnt a fat lot to do round here, at least the scratching gives me something to do. By the way, just before I came away, my computer commited suicide so I will only be online when I return to work.

Obrigado as they say in this most south-westerly corner of continental Europe.

Oh no what a disaster! Just wondering, have you changed your washing powder lately? Just that it seems odd that your rash isn't going away with anti-histamines and steroids (you didn't let your ex wash your smalls for you did you? :-2 )

I'm sure you and Laura will make the best of your time together!

Good timing on the post there Kram I was just about to start a 'Krammy doesn't love me anymore thread' :wah:
sunny104

Krammys Travels

Post by sunny104 »

Uncle Kram;591038 wrote: Im here in sunny.

:sneaky:

the rash is not my fault though......:-3 :wah:
Betty Boop

Krammys Travels

Post by Betty Boop »

sunny104;591102 wrote: :sneaky:

:wah:
Uncle Kram

Krammys Travels

Post by Uncle Kram »

Betty Boop;591042 wrote: Oh no what a disaster! Just wondering, have you changed your washing powder lately? Just that it seems odd that your rash isn't going away with anti-histamines and steroids (you didn't let your ex wash your smalls for you did you? :-2 )

I'm sure you and Laura will make the best of your time together!

Good timing on the post there Kram I was just about to start a 'Krammy doesn't love me anymore thread' :wah:

Betty, was your maiden name Swollocks? :D

Uncle Kram

Krammys Travels

Post by Uncle Kram »

sunny104;591102 wrote: :sneaky:

No that is true, but thanks for reminding me of a dream I had ;)

dubs

Krammys Travels

Post by dubs »

Uncle Kram;593120 wrote: Betty, was your maiden name Swollocks? :D

Dammit! I been trying to figure out how to get the Betty Swollocks gag in for days!!!:-5 :wah:

My dog's a cross between a Shihtzu and a Bulldog... It's a Bullsh!t..
Uncle Kram

Krammys Travels

Post by Uncle Kram »

dubs;593125 wrote: Dammit! I been trying to figure out how to get the Betty Swollocks gag in for days!!!:-5 :wah:
Great minds eh?

dubs

Krammys Travels

Post by dubs »

The timing of your return is impeccable mate! The English summer is just beginning!......;)

sunny104

Krammys Travels

Post by sunny104 »

Uncle Kram;593124 wrote: No that is true, but thanks for reminding me of a dream I had ;)

so when are you coming to Texas?? :D
WonderWendy3

Krammys Travels

Post by WonderWendy3 »

sunny104;594187 wrote: so when are you coming to Texas?? :D

Yeah, by way of Virginia, just a few states apart...:sneaky: :-4
Nomad

Krammys Travels

Post by Nomad »

What about Baotou in Inner Mongolia ? Have you ever longed to live as a Mongolian ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
Betty Boop

Krammys Travels

Post by Betty Boop »

:wah: :wah:

If it wasn't for Nomad bumping this thread I would have missed that!

:yh_tongue For Kram and Dubs !!
Betty Boop

Krammys Travels

Post by Betty Boop »

Pinky;598354 wrote: Betty Swallocks!!!:yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl

Sorry Betty, but it is kinda funny!!

You can stop kicking me in the shin now...

I demand a kicking smiley right now!! :D

What a bliddy palava over them things though! Men! :rolleyes:
dubs

Krammys Travels

Post by dubs »

Sorry Betty:)

Betty Boop

Krammys Travels

Post by Betty Boop »

Pinky;598359 wrote: Well it is where they keep their brains...can't blame them really!:yh_giggle

You're right there. ;)

Krambos puter must still be down but I bet he's still wandering around chuckling to himself over that one! :wah:
Betty Boop

Krammys Travels

Post by Betty Boop »

dubs;598363 wrote: Sorry Betty:)

I might forgive you in a day or two.................... :yh_silent

Return to “Travel Vacation”