What I Have Learned On FG

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

:wah:
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

:wah:
Bez

Post by Bez »

weeder;678148 wrote: I think that Lon has always let it be known clearly, that he is not interested in being part of a community. Lon, observes life, he doesnt emmotionally invest in it. I finally realized this morning why he does frequent FG. FG is a wonderful place, filled with people who he can feel superior to. Its kind of sad to realize that in RL he must not feel that way..... so he gets those feelings here. Bon Appetite!!!

I didn't get the same vibe....to me Lon is an interesting individual....I found no 'hidden agenda' in his post.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
DelicateDominatrix

Post by DelicateDominatrix »

I have learned that there are still some kind and thoughtful people online still :)
spot

Post by spot »

cars;677914 wrote: I have learned on FG, that there are "POT Stirrers", that like to stir up things when things are not confrontational! :wah:

Smee! Smee!

I'm back. I've been camped in a field since Thursday morning. Since getting there I have browned having gone topless at a folk festival (something I have a distressing tendency to do there when it's not raining hard) and I have watched more fiddle-playing than most people would get through in a lifetime. What I have learned on FG is that folk rock is a taste not shared by the entire membership. At least I wasn't Morris Dancing (if we discount ten minutes of Richard Digance's Saturday Calisthenics class, Morris Dancing To The Tune Of The Little White Bull).
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Lon

Post by Lon »

weeder;678148 wrote: I think that Lon has always let it be known clearly, that he is not interested in being part of a community. Lon, observes life, he doesnt emmotionally invest in it. I finally realized this morning why he does frequent FG. FG is a wonderful place, filled with people who he can feel superior to. Its kind of sad to realize that in RL he must not feel that way..... so he gets those feelings here. Bon Appetite!!!

Weeder, you could not be more wrong. I invest emotionally only in what I can see, feel and smell, none of which I can do on FG. FG to me is like reading a book, full of interesting characters, but none of which I can totally relate to.

I have a great marriage, happily settled kids and grand kids, good friends, and presently enjoy good heath and am living life to the fullest. Now if that irritates some folks, tough sh--. My life was not always a bowl of cherries.
JacksDad

Post by JacksDad »

What happened to Nigel?:sneaky:
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

I haven't interacted with Lon much as I haven't been around so much since I started my PhD, but its interesting as a thread. Lon is very analytical in his approach to being on here, which is fair enough, he does seem to have a way of annoying people because of being overly blunt and having quite unpopular opinions on occasion, though he hasn't gotten to me (yet).

I have to say that never really came here to analyze anything, just to have some fun and sound off a bit, and I can certainly say that I have had lots of fun here, and met lots of people, almost all of whom I have found to be fun and interesting, and coming mostly from the US or the UK its always interesting to share opinions with people from other countries and cultures. Its also true that people who stay here over a longish period do develop these cyber friendships with other on-line personalities, which is very interesting as we interact with each other here in a slightly different way to real life, but very much with rules of engagement that just seem to come naturally. Overall a very positive experience, and one that none of us could have had without this thing called the internet, which can only be a good thing.
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

i have learned on fg ...if your a moron post like a moron if you try to be clever like DR G or indeed spock you will only look like a moron any way :o

besides some people like morons :-6

and lonnie you have not upset me in the slightest i quite enjoy your tongue in cheek posts with just enough bait to get the snappers biting ..i love it :wah:

Return to “General Chit Chat”