The scariest thing you have ever seen..

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Indian Princess

Post by Indian Princess »

Ok, for real ,no one say my wife with PMS! Ha Ha

What is the scariest thing you have ever seen?
kinks

Post by kinks »

I think the scariest thing i've ever seen was when i was about 10 years old, that was my 6 year old brother getting hit by a car, got threw forwards head first into a wall and dropping to the ground and i tought he was dead. :-1

Sorry, that was a bit morbid
Indian Princess

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so sorry!!!!! What was the outcome?:-3
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

My youngest daughter at eighteen months toppling backwards down the stairs.

She was mildly surprised to find herself at the bottom - I was shaking with terror.
kinks

Post by kinks »

Indian Princess;720146 wrote: OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so sorry!!!!! What was the outcome?:-3

He was in hospital for 7 weeks, he had a broken femur. :-1

Now he has one leg ever so slighty shorter that the other but you can't tell
kinks

Post by kinks »

Bryn Mawr;720151 wrote: My youngest daughter at eighteen months toppling backwards down the stairs.

She was mildly surprised to find herself at the bottom - I was shaking with terror.

I bet you were, i would have been too....was she ok?
Imladris

Post by Imladris »

Two from when I was a Special Constable -

1 Turning up at an urgent assistance call to be told that the bloke who was being arrested had let loose his three dogs (two rotties and a german shepherd) that he had trained to attack on his command - they bit four police officers. (once he'd gone they were lovely!!)

2 Being told that a bloke was walking through the town centre with a shotgun. When we found him I couldn't look him in the eye - he was so mad, literally insane, that he completely scared me sh*tless.

One general scary thing - my reflection when I just get up in the morning!!:D
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
Sheryl

Post by Sheryl »

When I worked in the ER, a 1 week baby was brought in, with respiratory distress. The poor baby was so gray, and they were trying to place a marrow IV, and the baby never did move. He ended up being flown to a children's hospital. Poor thing had been born with a defect of his heart and lungs being backwards. I was 6 months pregnant at the time, and seeing the baby, and watching the parents in so much distress was horrible.
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

1. Mine is similar to Sheryls, except it was my baby...that died.......it was very scary thinking I was going to die with him....they told my ex that we were both going to die....but only the baby did..:-1:-1

2. A few times I was abused by the ex...not going into detail....but they were VERY scarey:-1

3. car accident with my brother....very scarey--his driving was scarey as it was....much less hitting a car going about 60 mph!!
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

A guy I used to work with getting 4 fingers chopped off in a wire cutting machine...His fingers were on the floor amongst all the blood :(

When I lived in Spain, my mates boyfriend decided to do a donut in the hire car we were in and lost control and we ended up upside down, petrol was leaking out everywhere and we were trapped inside for what felt like an hour till we were cut free.
Pheasy

Post by Pheasy »

My daughter stopped breathing and her body was very rapidly shutting down - I was all alone and only revived her through sheer instinct. I stayed strong all through the ordeal and was calm while the 911 center talked to me until the ambulances arrived. Then, when I knew she was safe, I completely lost it!

I have had other horrors - I can deal with those memories - but not the memory of that one - it haunts me :-4
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

kinks;720159 wrote: I bet you were, i would have been too....was she ok?

Once I told her she was OK she was quite happy and non the worse for the experience.
Lisa

Post by Lisa »

ThePheasant;720179 wrote: My daughter stopped breathing and her body was very rapidly shutting down - I was all alone and only revived her through sheer instinct. I stayed strong all through the ordeal and was calm while the 911 center talked to me until the ambulances arrived. Then, when I knew she was safe, I completely lost it!

I have had other horrors - I can deal with those memories - but not the memory of that one - it haunts me :-4

Oh my gosh! I bet you were terrified. You didn't mention what caused it, did she get choked on something?

Luckly you wre able to keep your head on straight. And everything is ok now.

I know what you mean about remembering it. For me, when it happened - everything was in slow motion.

About two weeks ago my daughter got choked on a hard piece of candy from Halloween. My husband came flying up the basement stairs holding her upside down and beating on her back. Her lips were light blue,and her mouth wide open gasping for air. I will never forget the look on her face.

I told him to give her to me, so I could do the heimlich maneuver. Luckly she started coughing and gagging. And swallowed the candy.

I was so terrified to do the heimlich on her. she is so little,I was affraid to hurt her.

I know I would have done it to save her. But a part of me felt like running away so I wouldn't see her die.

I have never been scared of anything so much in my life. I thought I was watching the life leave my baby girl.

After it was over I almost passed out.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Scary for me was suddenly choking.....and not being able to catch my breath for some long seconds.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
guppy

Post by guppy »

the scariest thing i ever saw? my daughter's body when i pulled her from the pool..she was only two and her heart had already stopped..i was lucky ..after alot of cpr..she recovered..i have the image of her etched in my mind though..lifeless and gone..
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Being a kid at the lake and watching my father who cannot even float let alone swim, jump in to catch a Frisbee and begin to drown. It took four men to get him out.

Having a car coming at us head-on with about two feet of space in which to shear off the road on our way to Reno.

Being on the bus and passing a mountain curve where there was an overturned car and a dead body on the highway.

My mom after her lung operation when she had two drainage tubes the size of your average large garden hose, snaking into her back and the night she almost died in the hospital from same operation.
Pheasy

Post by Pheasy »

guppy;720192 wrote: the scariest thing i ever saw? my daughter's body when i pulled her from the pool..she was only two and her heart had already stopped..i was lucky ..after alot of cpr..she recovered..i have the image of her etched in my mind though..lifeless and gone..

Yep, I know what you mean Gups - that memory just never goes away. :-4
Pheasy

Post by Pheasy »

Lisa;720188 wrote: Oh my gosh! I bet you were terrified. You didn't mention what caused it, did she get choked on something?

Luckly you wre able to keep your head on straight. And everything is ok now.

I know what you mean about remembering it. For me, when it happened - everything was in slow motion.

About two weeks ago my daughter got choked on a hard piece of candy from Halloween. My husband came flying up the basement stairs holding her upside down and beating on her back. Her lips were light blue,and her mouth wide open gasping for air. I will never forget the look on her face.

I told him to give her to me, so I could do the heimlich maneuver. Luckly she started coughing and gagging. And swallowed the candy.

I was so terrified to do the heimlich on her. she is so little,I was affraid to hurt her.

I know I would have done it to save her. But a part of me felt like running away so I wouldn't see her die.

I have never been scared of anything so much in my life. I thought I was watching the life leave my baby girl.

After it was over I almost passed out.

You did well Lisa - its amazing what people can do in a situation like that. Like you said it goes in slow motion.

This is what caused Lucy to stop breathing and for her body to start shutting down - she was 3 years old.

http://www.necco.com/OurBrands/Default.asp?BrandID=1

Or more the peanut that was inside it - she literally put it in her mouth, I screamed spit it out, which she did. Then seconds later she stopped breathing and her body started to completely shut down. I injected her within less than 60 seconds (as long as it took for me to get the injection out of my bag). But she didn't respond and didn't start breathing - so I gave her CPR, whilst getting the next shot ready.

Then suddenly, after what seemed like an eternity and alot of CPR, she threw her arms up in the air and gasped for breath. She then started screaming - I have never been so glad to hear my child scream. I knew the whole time I was on the phone with the 911 center that her body could go into shock again at any minute - they kept talking to me - things like ' Is she still concious?' 'Is she responding to you?. Then I heard the sirens - I was so glad to hear them. She was still limp in my arms - I handed her over to the paramedics, then collapsed on the floor crying.

An experience I never want to repeat again - but know could very easily.
Indian Princess

My son was born with sleep apnea, at two months old he was in his carrier, the hospital said he must sleep upright, and I was right next to him on the floor folding laundry, the alarm on his apnea alert belt went off, he turned blue and I did mouth to mouth and called 911.
beautiful_soul

Post by beautiful_soul »

kinks;720143 wrote: I think the scariest thing i've ever seen was when i was about 10 years old, that was my 6 year old brother getting hit by a car, got threw forwards head first into a wall and dropping to the ground and i tought he was dead. :-1

Sorry, that was a bit morbid

wow.. that would be devastating.
Tater Tazz

Post by Tater Tazz »

The scariest thing for me was seeing my friend after he took a shot gun to himself.
Indian Princess

Tater Tazz I am soooooo sorry:-1
Tater Tazz

Post by Tater Tazz »

Indian Princess;720276 wrote: Tater Tazz I am soooooo sorry:-1

Thank you. It was awhile ago, but you do not forget something like that.
Pheasy

Post by Pheasy »

WonderWendy3;720176 wrote: 1. Mine is similar to Sheryls, except it was my baby...that died.......it was very scary thinking I was going to die with him....they told my ex that we were both going to die....but only the baby did..:-1:-1

2. A few times I was abused by the ex...not going into detail....but they were VERY scarey:-1

3. car accident with my brother....very scarey--his driving was scarey as it was....much less hitting a car going about 60 mph!!

Something no one ever wants to experience. And I can imagine never will truly get over. Wendy :-4
Musiclover89

Post by Musiclover89 »

The scariest thing for me has to be when i thought i saw a UFO looking str8 into my house when i looked out the Window i saw this really bright white light and i was sayin into myslef OMG i'm gonna get abuducted but it turned out to be a police helicopter :wah: i swear i made non of that up
"Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars. Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, 'I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight', people would say, 'Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a damn word that comes out of his mouth.' " Michael Jackson
koan

Post by koan »

I can think of a couple of times involving seeing injuries, looking into the face of people who wanted to harm me etc but I suppose the one that wins for me was when I was the unfortunate passenger in a pickup truck speeding around an unpaved mountain road, driven by a showoff who ignored my pleas to slow down.

At one point I said, "the funny thing about having children is that you don't just want to live, you have to live." But he kept speeding until we finally fishtailed and almost went over the edge of the mountain twice before he got it under control. The second time we headed for the edge of the cliff I clutched my seatbelt and asked my spirit guide if I was going to die. I heard "no". Even though it meant I might still be mangled, I got strangely calm, waiting for the crash which, at the last second, was avoided. The guy finally stopped the truck. Sat there silent for a minute. Then apologised and drove slowly the rest of the way home. I didn't say another word the rest of the way.

I was later asked if he could pick me up at the airport about a year later and I opted for a cab instead. If my daughter had been in the truck with me I would likely have just told him to let us out as soon as he started speeding. I should have done anyway, just didn't know how else to get off the mountain in the winter.
beautiful_soul

Post by beautiful_soul »

Being shot in the chest and left for dead By stupid cross fire tween cops n some guys. F##k tat was scary

(come to think of it, i think it was a cop accidently shot me...)
lemon_and_mint

Post by lemon_and_mint »

Imladris;720161 wrote: Two from when I was a Special Constable -

2 Being told that a bloke was walking through the town centre with a shotgun. When we found him I couldn't look him in the eye - he was so mad, literally insane, that he completely scared me sh*tless.

Imladris, 1998?Town in Southeast England?

Because one of my scariest moments was being told by the police that a man was outside with a gun, and having to quickly make safe a whole office full of the public without scaring them, while police with flack jackets crouched at the side of the reception desk.
Imladris

Post by Imladris »

lemon_and_mint;723909 wrote: Imladris, 1998?Town in Southeast England?

Because one of my scariest moments was being told by the police that a man was outside with a gun, and having to quickly make safe a whole office full of the public without scaring them, while police with flack jackets crouched at the side of the reception desk.

No, about 1989/90 in SouthWest. No flak jackets, no armed officers but we did have a dog handler!:wah:

Nomad

Post by Nomad »

On safari last week in the jungles of Burma hunting for the great Bengal Tiger my guide Tomburu was eaten alive by the largest carnivore Ive ever seen. It was 6' tall and 19' long if an inch. I watched as the mighty beast devoured my way out of the darkness of death, the jungle. As Tomburus face just disappeared from sight down the Tigers gaping orafice he mouthed the words cotton candy.

Can anyone throw me a bone here ?

Cotton candy ? WTF ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

Well a young mafia hoodlum pulled a gun on me once in Munich, that was kinda scary, oh and I crashed a car and wrote it off, which was a bit alarming, I came across a very bad accident in Dublin once involving a cyclist and a truck. All of those things were frightening, but I dunno what was the worst. I had to give my mom the heimlich maneuver once when she was choking on a piece of meat, erm they are starting to come back to me now, I got caught up in a riot once in Germany by accident, it was a G8 one, pretty violent, oh and a crazy crazy bar room fight in Czech Republic between Bosinans and Serbs, I was mugged in Dublin once and hospitalized. Apparently I was hit on the head with a brick, but I can't remember what happened so I can't say that was frightening.

I dunno its funny because as you get older your fears change. Here's mine.

3 Years Old : Where's mommy, I am hungry

5 Years Old : The dark

8 Years Old : Monsters, vampires, frankenstein, zombies, piranahs, sharks, aliens

13 Years Old : getting beat up at school

17 years old : Dying a Virgin

21 Years Old : Never coming down off that bad trip

25 Years Old : Please don't let her be pregnant, god.

29 Years Old Being 30 and having to grow up

30 Years Old : Life

33 Years Old : All those things that I did in my 20s finally catching up with me

35 Years Old : How am I going to get that deposit for my mortgage, lung cancer, which one is mrs right, what about that pension plan, oh and the car insurance is coming up, and bloody kids these days, blah blah blah blah.

Rest of my life: I dunno, I will deal with it on a need to know basis
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
el guapo

Post by el guapo »

seeing my brother murdered
"To be foolish and to recognize that one is foolish, is better than to be foolish and imagine that one is wise."
Imladris

Post by Imladris »

el guapo;724097 wrote: seeing my brother murdered

:-4:-4 xx

Nomad

Post by Nomad »

The time I was at the bookstore sipping on a nice capuccino listening to some jazz and browsing through a book on meditation and some poor guy with an enormous fish hook in his eye stumbles through the store and out the door. That was really upsetting !
I AM AWESOME MAN
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Another time I was at a nice quiet dinner party enjoying a delicious meal and "joe" who had been hoarding the vino suddenly announced "wanna see something cool" ?

He proceeded to pluck his eyeballs from his head and eat them.

Right there between the main course and dessert.

Ill never forget that !
I AM AWESOME MAN
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

I suppose the scariest thing Ive ever seen was the time I was in the Congo. I was hired by an unknown source to eliminate a particular threat to the small peaceful village inhabitated by the Tutotoo peoples. As I was working my way through the dense jungle with only a machete in a clearing 100 yards to the north I happened upon a pristine pool of turqois blue waters. Above the waters I noticed rapid movement. Trying to see through the glaring sun was impossible so I started climbing the steep craggy cliffs. I came to a vantage point and suddenly deep piecing screams bounced off the thick walls of the thick tangled mass of tropical vegetation.

Low and behold to my utter horror I as I live and breathe I witnessed Fabio himself loin cloth slung low around his ankles grasping the broad hips of a baboon and thrusting deeply into the furry creatures love regions with abandonment.

That was truly the scariest thing I have ever seen.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

Nomad admit it, its Santa not fitting down the chimney that gets to you deep down isn't it?

Its alright, we all understand. :)
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Galbally;724657 wrote: Nomad admit it, its Santa not fitting down the chimney that gets to you deep down isn't it?

Its alright, we all understand. :)

Finally !
I AM AWESOME MAN

Return to “General Chit Chat”