Re-Gifting: Tacky or Cool?

The Holiday Forum. Post about upcoming holidays.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Do you ever give people gifts of things that you were given and didn't want?

One study shows that about 25% of people do this. I admit I have done it when I've been low on cash, but it was stuff I bought for myself, as it would make me sad to give away a gift someone gave me, even if I didn't like it. Besides I have enough stuff to run a small gift shop. :wah: I once gave my friend a diamond and sapphire ring of mine for Christmas because funds were low and she loves jewelry.

Do you re-gift?
el guapo

Post by el guapo »

RedGlitter;734715 wrote: Do you ever give people gifts of things that you were given and didn't want?

One study shows that about 25% of people do this. I admit I have done it when I've been low on cash, but it was stuff I bought for myself, as it would make me sad to give away a gift someone gave me, even if I didn't like it. Besides I have enough stuff to run a small gift shop. :wah: I once gave my friend a diamond and sapphire ring of mine for Christmas because funds were low and she loves jewelry.

Do you re-gift?

red hun if ya have any more diamond and sapphire ring ya wana give away

im here

:):):):):
"To be foolish and to recognize that one is foolish, is better than to be foolish and imagine that one is wise."
SuzyB

Post by SuzyB »

el guapo;734721 wrote: red hun if ya have any more diamond and sapphire ring ya wana give away

im here

:):):):):

I thought Rubys were more your stone Jess :rolleyes:
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

:wah:
el guapo

Post by el guapo »

SuzyB;734724 wrote: I thought Rubys were more your stone Jess :rolleyes:

clashes with my eyes
"To be foolish and to recognize that one is foolish, is better than to be foolish and imagine that one is wise."
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Re-gifting is cool as long as it isnt a fruit cake.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

YZGI;734729 wrote: Re-gifting is cool as long as it isnt a fruit cake.

*ding!!* New poll idea!!

Thanks YZ! (I LOVE fruitcake!!) :)
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

I have done that...especially with the kids presents off parties, mine dont play much with toys and prefer craft stuff so my motto is, if 6 months has passed and they still havent opened it, I put it in my birthday drawer ready for when its one of their friends b'days, always ensuring you dont give a child a re-gifted gift back lol........2 christmas's ago my mum gave me a travel bag full of cosmetics and creams and lotions and potions, natural sponges, nail stuff, everything bar the kitchen sink, I was well chuffed, few days later when I had chance to have a good rummage through all the stuff I found a strip of her diuretic tablets lying at the bottom of the bag.........She must of used it then filled it up and give it me lol:wah:
SuzyB

Post by SuzyB »

Chezzie;734734 wrote: I have done that...especially with the kids presents off parties, mine dont play much with toys and prefer craft stuff so my motto is, if 6 months has passed and they still havent opened it, I put it in my birthday drawer ready for when its one of their friends b'days, always ensuring you dont give a child a re-gifted gift back lol........2 christmas's ago my mum gave me a travel bag full of cosmetics and creams and lotions and potions, natural sponges, nail stuff, everything bar the kitchen sink, I was well chuffed, few days later when I had chance to have a good rummage through all the stuff I found a strip of her diuretic tablets lying at the bottom of the bag.........She must of used it then filled it up and give it me lol:wah:

I remember when I was about 13 I did that to my Mum, I brought her a cheap perfume from the chemist, well I started using it and then filled it with water so it was full again :o:o
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

I have re-gifted in the past, but usually very nice un-wrapped gifts....I've actually received USED kitchen appliances (like rice steamer and juicer) before from my ex's family....that was interesting:thinking:....with missing parts no-less:-5:-5

Return to “Holidays”