Which is better: iTunes or Napster?

Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

Who uses these services? Which one do you like better?

I'm intrigued by Napster's monthly subscription which lets you (correct me if I am wrong!) download as many songs as you like.

Thoughts?
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

Tombstone wrote: Who uses these services? Which one do you like better?

I'm intrigued by Napster's monthly subscription which lets you (correct me if I am wrong!) download as many songs as you like.

Thoughts?

I prefer Win Amp, but I don't download any music today. Winamp has got all those Music stations I love to listen to + tv broadcasts for news updates, on Israel and of course the US of A.
anastrophe

Post by anastrophe »

Tombstone wrote: Who uses these services? Which one do you like better?

Thoughts?i've been a napster subscriber for, i'm not sure, about a year? i like it. with the $9.95 subscription, you can download as many songs as you like, true. you can't download all songs however - some artists/albums/tracks are 'buy only', so you just can't listen to them at all. but the majority of music is downloadable.

the big caveat however is that the downloaded track is 'captive' to your PC. you can't burn it to CD, nor can you put it on a portable MP3 player. for that, you have to buy tracks, or whole albums.

so if you're like me, and you spend almost all day, every day, planted in front of your computer, then the $9.95 subscription is fabulous. i can listen to music all day long. but i can't take it with me.

there are some other twits and tweaks here and there - most 'buy only' tracks are set up so that you can listen to 30 seconds of the track to see if you might want to buy it. but i leave that feature turned off, since it just interferes with smooth play if you click 'play album' and it has one or two 'buy only' tracks.

it's simpler i think than i've described it.
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]

Return to “General Music”