~Happy Fathers Day~

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
lady cop

~Happy Fathers Day~

Post by lady cop »

it's Fathers Day weekend in the states....Happy Fathers day to all of you here. ~~~ tell us about your Dad~~:yh_flower :yh_flower :yh_flower
valerie

~Happy Fathers Day~

Post by valerie »

My Dad is an amazing man. Making an almost 1,000 mile move of a

lifetime's worth of things so that he can be near my Mom. At the

age of 78!

Dad has always said "If you don't use it, you lose it". So he has kept

his former Marine self in really good physical condition. Still doing

things like shoeing horses and unloading a couple tons of hay last

fall by himself! Hay bales are HEAVY!

I've been so proud of him ever since I was a little girl and he was the

strongest daddy around. He used to wear short sleeves to work and

he'd always have to stop and have Mom roll them up because otherwise

they'd pull on his biceps!

He is very loving. I just melt when he calls me "My Val". When I talk

to him on the phone and we're saying goodbye, he can't quite say

"*I* love you" so he always says "WE love you", and it means he and

Mom. Very sweet.

Happy Father's Day to all dads everywhere.

:-4
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

minks

~Happy Fathers Day~

Post by minks »

My Dad is great in so many ways. He took us kids on fabulous vacations, took us camping every opportunity he got. He taught my brother and I well. He always worked so our family could live a very comfortable life. As an adult I gained far more respect for him than I ever though I would when I heard me say things like, this is how dad would do it, oh dad was right, and dad taught me that.

He has been amazingly supportive to my brother (during his rebel stage) and myself (during my messy divorce). He has taught both my daughters to drive and is a great grandpa too. He has been married to my mom for coming up to 48 years now and he loves her dearly. I love my dad.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
LoveMama

~Happy Fathers Day~

Post by LoveMama »

My father Henry Alphonse Schurra was the kindest and most generous man I ever knew.

He was 47yr. old when I was born.

Dad was born in 1888 in the tiny town of Rosalia Washington......most likely in the little house that his father had built on the homestead Grandpa had filed 2 years before. He was the 3rd child born to a family from Alsace France and who only 6 years prior immigrated to the US. His dad and mom, my grandparents had eleven more children.

Dad and two of his brother's all graduated from Gonzaga Univ, a Jesuit Catholic School in Spokane WA..... Dad in 1904... He was an honor student every year in their Business College. Throughout his life he continued to use the Perrin system of short-hand when making notes and I'll never forget him trying to teach me the system! HAHAHAHAHHA...... I kept telling him......."Dad, that system of shorthand isn't even used today ,it's totally obsolete"....His answer was "GOOD.....then no one else can read what you're writing"!

When I was 11 yrs. old..in the early forties, Dad taught me to drive. The car was a 1935 Chevy....4 dr. He'd have me drive to the steepest hill in the neighborhood.......and boy it was really steep, then stop midway up the hill, turn the car off.......and then start it up again and continue. I'm sure a few of you here remember cars with clutches! I wasn't a bit afraid cause Dad was there next to me. ! If my mom....the worrier had known she'd have died.

THEN.....he let ME drive the car to Jr. High School......about 4 miles away.

He told me ......if I saw a police car to casually drive over to the curb and park.

(Are you listening LC)? !!!!!!! I had no drivers license of course, had to wait two yr's for that! BTW......all the cops here drove Black & White 1946 Fords!

In Jr. High and High School I remember well Dad doing the marketing for mom at our local "PigglyWiggly" grocery store.

First of all mom didn't drive,never had and beside's that I think Dad loved to drive to the store and meet up with friends. It seems he bought a lot of things in cases...and peaches were his favorite. By the time he got home he'd stopped at several older neighbors homes and give them a can or two.......but alway's left a few cans for us! Oranges we bought by the crate........in the big valley below where we lived.

We loved to play with the crates...

I had a girlfriend who's family was very poor and they actually painted the orange crates and used them as side tables. I never thought much about it til just now! My girlfriends name was Friendly. Yep...that was her real name.

She later, after High School married a policeman......had 1 child.........and the last I heard she'd been shot and killed by her husband during an argument! I never to this day found out why, or what happened. Think I'll do some research on this!

My dad died in 1962 and I had 4 children...two of them twins who were just tiny babies. Mom never called til the next morning so I could get some sleep that nite. My twins don't remember their grandpa, just my 3 older children do..but I know that they all inherited his sweet temper and big heart.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY DAD.......I MISS YOU SO MUCH,

xxxxoo

mama
CARLA

~Happy Fathers Day~

Post by CARLA »

My DAD has alway been my HERO.. I look a lot like him so growing up I was called "LITTLE ANDY" I got lost at the fair one year, my dad was frantic. As he passed by the area where I was being kept a lady saw his head(very tall), she said sir your daughter is in here.. :D

I was constantly with my DAD he taught me so much that I never really got to thank him for. He died at 57, way to young he has CONGESTIVE HEART FAILURE. He sat down in his favorite chair on the Patio, a neighbor tried to talk to him, she realized he wasn't responding. She called me at work I was in my 30's I was devastated. I miss him each and every day. I go to my moms and hang out in the garage it still has all his tools, and work bench (which I use), I feel very close to him there.

There is nothing like a wonderful FATHER in a childs life, it is so important on so many levels. Mom are wonderful as well. Fathers are big, strong, fun, and our protectors. :-4

HAVE A SPECIAL FATHERS DAY ALL YOU DAD'S YOUR SUCH A BIG PART OF ALL YOUR CHILDRENS LIVES.. YOU ARE SO VERY SPECIAL. :-4
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

nvalleyvee

~Happy Fathers Day~

Post by nvalleyvee »

My Dad died in 1961 serving in the armed forces. I have very few memories of him. The main memory I have is of having chicken pox and he was building a mermaid bed for me while I was sick. I also remember sneaking out after I was told to go to my room for being a bad girl - he pulled out a belt and snapped it a few times and told me to go to my room - he never used the belt on me. I remember the military car pulling up to the house and the chaplain getting out. I remember the funeral. My step-dad - who I call Dad - is a kind and generous man. He loves me and my brothers as though we are his blood. So thanks to all the men who step up to the plate for fatherless children. He was a big influence in my life and I will always love him.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper

Return to “General Chit Chat”