Match.com

Need help? Ask for it. Serious Discussions Only.
lalalala

Match.com

Post by lalalala »

I was wondering what people thought of the new online dating age. I've always been hesitand but am realizing how many people actually find special someone's on these sites! I have many friends who've registered for match.com and are still with the people they met! Is online dating really becomming the new norm??
Rapunzel

Match.com

Post by Rapunzel »

I think so. My cousin met her husband online. They have just bought a new house and had a new baby girl. My best friend met a man she's fallen deeply in love with and they're getting married later this year. Both men are lovely and neither my cousin nor my friend would have met them if they hadn't been online.

Being online also allows you to chat to people who have similar qualities to you. You don't just have to settle for someone who lives locally to you, because they seem nice and because there is no one else available that you fancy. That's what my friend did the first time round. She didn't want to be 'left on the shelf' and she didn't think she'd get a better offer! How sad is that? He was weak and did the dirty on her. She only found out when he told her he thought he might have caught an infection off his other woman (who was also seeing other people!) Now she's met a gorgeous man who is absolutely loaded and who has a fantastic job. He's unbelievably caring and supportive and both of them are totally 'loved-up' and believe they are each other's soulmate!

Very gooey, very romantic!

You have nothing to lose and a wide world to go fishing in!

Good luck hunny & have fun! :)
littlemissgiggle

Match.com

Post by littlemissgiggle »

I have joined a friends reunited dating site to see what happens,

but i have also heard many good stories and I think it is a good thing even though its not traditional but things are changing.

Have you joined one lalalala :D
pinkchick

Match.com

Post by pinkchick »

I joined Match.com for a while last winter but nothing came of it!

I did make a very good friend though :-6
Very nearly perfect ... :D
grh

Match.com

Post by grh »

I've met a few guys through match and yahoo and eharmony.... surprisingly enough, eharmony seems like the biggest ripoff to me and it's advertised as the most serious one out there.:thinking:
Who are they to protest me? Who are they? Unless they've been me and been there and know what the hell they're yelling about!

:yh_glasse

rambo
littlemissgiggle

Match.com

can anyone help me with an opening line?

I want to put something fun, flirty but keeping it nice like me :D

any suggestions?
The Rob

Match.com

Post by The Rob »

Our friend keeps trying it. Apparently the frog-to-prince ratio is maintained.
CARLA

Match.com

Post by CARLA »

It needs to be your words not ours. You can come up with something just give it some thought your witty. That way you only have to live up to your words not ours. ;)

[QUOTE]can anyone help me with an opening line?

I want to put something fun, flirty but keeping it nice like me

any suggestions?[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Richard Bell

Match.com

Post by Richard Bell »

I went on plentyoffish.com a couple of years ago, for fun, and for the forums. Wasn't looking for much else.

Fell head over heels for a woman in Vermont.

We're 500 km/300 mi. apart, but we manage to meet in Montreal, roughly half way for both of us.

I'm going to her place this month. She'll be here in the summer.

plentyoffish is 100% free. Pretty cool place, although their forum moderaters are humourless hard asses.
littlemissgiggle

Match.com

aww thats lovely Richard and thank you for that i will take a look :D
Richard Bell

Match.com

Post by Richard Bell »

littlemissgiggle;797535 wrote: aww thats lovely Richard and thank you for that i will take a look :D

Thanks.. I'm very happy about how things worked out.

There are thousands of UK people there. Actually, there are folks from all over the world, although most are from English speaking countries, as it's an English language site. Let us know what you think.

I met my girl last summer when she sent me an appreciative e-mail about my joking response to one of her fellow Vermonters who repeatedly spelled "Canadian" as "Candian".

If he hadn't posted to that forum, or, if he was a better speller, I wouldn't have known that this woman existed.

It's a funny old world....:-4
littlemissgiggle

Match.com

I am just on the webisite now and it seems brilliant.

I have already had 3 responses, oops :wah:

I will keep you posted on this thread. :-4
chrisb84uk

Match.com

Post by chrisb84uk »

I'm glad to hear that online dating has been a success for you Richard, I wish you all the best! :-6

You too Giggle I'm sure you will be flooded with responses before you know it! :)

As for online dating I think it definately is something that is getting bigger, and as long as you aware of the obvious dangers then you really can get something positive as a result as Richard has.

Return to “Friends, Relationships, Advice”