No Country For Old Men

Nomad

No Country For Old Men

Post by Nomad »

No Country For Old Men http://www.imdb.com/video/trailer/me60205548/

Nomads Rating:

Starring Javier Bardem

There were other actors in the film, Im sure of it. Beats me who they were though because Bardem stole this movie right out from under their feet.

SEE THIS FILM !
I AM AWESOME MAN
cherandbuster

No Country For Old Men

Post by cherandbuster »

Nomad :)

I haven't seen it yet, but my sister said the ambiguous ending was a letdown.

What do you think? :-6
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

Nomad

No Country For Old Men

Post by Nomad »

cherandbuster;814132 wrote: Nomad :)

I haven't seen it yet, but my sister said the ambiguous ending was a letdown.

What do you think? :-6

The ending was surprising. I got up and looked for disc 2.

When I realized there was no disc 2 I was a little wide eyed but the Coen Bros. are surprising all the way around.
I AM AWESOME MAN
cherandbuster

No Country For Old Men

Post by cherandbuster »

Nomad;814953 wrote: The ending was surprising. I got up and looked for disc 2.

When I realized there was no disc 2 I was a little wide eyed but the Coen Bros. are surprising all the way around.

They certainly are.

How can you not love "Fargo"?

William H. Macy is THE MAN! :guitarist
Live Life with

PASSION

JacksDad

No Country For Old Men

Post by JacksDad »

A big part of the Coen charm is their ambiguity.

No Country was one of the most disturbing films I've ever seen.

Long live the Coen brothers.

:guitarist
CARLA

No Country For Old Men

Post by CARLA »

This movie is next up in my Netflix queue. Watched "3:10 to Yuma" over the weekend it is a good movie as well. The bad guys are really bad in this movie. :cool:
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

CARLA

No Country For Old Men

Post by CARLA »

I watched this movie last night it is excellent Javier Bardem is great and I must say Josh Brolan is also excellent in this movie. It is violent from the starting scene so you know how it is going to be. The ending left me flat wanted more but that is the Cohen's.

OK did the wife die because she didn't call it, and who has the money?? :-5:-5 May have to watch it again to pick up clues.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

minks

No Country For Old Men

Post by minks »

CARLA;820793 wrote: I watched this movie last night it is excellent Javier Bardem is great and I must say Josh Brolan is also excellent in this movie. It is violent from the starting scene so you The ending left me flat wanted more but that is the Cohen's.

OK did the wife die because she didn't call it, and who has the money?? :-5:-5 May have to watch it again to pick up clues.

similar questions on our part here to Carla... I am not sure I liked this flick, I think it's one I have to watch again.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
american parable

No Country For Old Men

Post by american parable »

Been looking all over for a place to discuss this film. Anyway, I have written a rather long essay concerning the prevalent Chrisitan theme. See my essay at ncfom.net. In addition, I just read William Butler Yeats' poem, "Sailing to Byzantium" the first line of which reads: "That is no country for old men." People are saying that this is where the film title draws its meaning. My thoughts about the poem: I've been looking at William Butler Yeats' poem, "Sailing to Byzantium". It's been said that the title to the movie (NCFOM) originates with that work. The first line goes, "That is no country for old men." The poem, by the way, can be found by googling No Country For Old Men or poems by Yeats. Anyway, in order to have intelligent conversation about the thing, one must read and think a bit about the words. It seems to me, that Yeats is commenting on the futility of fleshly pursuit as he talks about "dying generations" that sing a song based on sensual delights. He goes on to say that old men are nothing at the end of their lives, unless they sing a song from their spirit. That is, to get in touch with the God given spirit of life. We understand that the way to life is by knowing Jesus Christ. He laments the fact that "singing schools" which teach spiritual awakening are not readily recognized by mortal men. But instead, men value the "monuments of its own magnificence". That is to say, the constructs of their own minds and hands. In response, Yeats has "sailed the seas and come to the holy city of Byzantium." Upon his arrival there,he asks the "sages" or prophets who have been tested and refined by the holy fire of God, to become the "singing-masters" or teachers of his soul. Her asks that his spirit be made alive, because he recognizes that his soul or spirit is "fastened to a dying animal". He recognizes that once death comes to the body, the only thing of him that can continue is the spiritual man. He feels a kind of hopelessness and apparently has not found the assurance of eternal life that we Christians have found by knowing the Lord Jesus Christ. He knows that there is something of him beyond the bodily existence, but has yet to find "the way" to that salvation. At the end, the poet is searching for the answer: He asks the question in the last line - "what is past, or passing, or to come." He is a lost soul in need of hearing and accepting the gospel of Jesus Christ. If only he were to hear and believe that Jesus Christ died for the sins of the world, that he was buried and raised to eternal life by the power of God.

Look forward to discussion with interested parties on these topics.

:)
cherandbuster

No Country For Old Men

Post by cherandbuster »

minks;820814 wrote: similar questions on our part here to Carla... I am not sure I liked this flick, I think it's one I have to watch again.

Just watched it. Hubby liked it a lot. I found the ending to be a MAJOR disappointment -- so much so that I can't even say I liked the film much.

I am just as surprised as you are that I am saying this :p
Live Life with

PASSION

CARLA

No Country For Old Men

Post by CARLA »

Well I'm getting ready to watch it a second time and see if the ending actually makes sense. :-5:-5
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

american parable

No Country For Old Men

Chigurh has indeed killed Carla Jean. We know this because we see him checking the soles of his boots for blood; However, Carla Jean's spirit still lives. It is difficult to see on DVD, but she wears a butterfly necklace that symbolizes the transformation of her soul. She has been changed, like a butterfly from the cocoon, by the renewal of her mind. Although these things are not expressely indicated by dialog, Carla Jean has accepted the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. That is, Christ died for the sins of the world, was buried and rose again to life. Her Husband, Llewelyn dies because of the sin of Adultery. Again, although we don't see him comit the act, it is apparent by his very death. God demands death for that sin. However, again, we don't know for certain wether or not Llewelyn was a beleiver in the gospel. If he was, his soul lives on.

Finally, about the money. Chigurh retrieved the money from the vent near the floor. Sheriff Bell looks to the open vent as he sits on the bed and that is where Llewelyn placed the cash. However, the open hole near the flloor is a symbolic hole back to hell, Chigurh the demon, has made his escape by that route.:-3:-3
Nomad

No Country For Old Men

Post by Nomad »

Chigurh has indeed killed Carla Jean. We know this because we see him checking the soles of his boots for blood;

Yup, I recall that but at the time I thought it was merely one of his quirks.

Good call.

Her Husband, Llewelyn dies because of the sin of Adultery.

My intial reaction was that since we didnt see his death it wasnt as obvious as all that.

Finally, about the money. Chigurh retrieved the money from the vent near the floor

When he walked away from the car crash he didnt have a satchel with him.

However, the open hole near the flloor is a symbolic hole back to hell, Chigurh the demon, has made his escape by that route.

:-3<----Right.
I AM AWESOME MAN
CARLA

No Country For Old Men

Post by CARLA »

Good stuff american parable all seems plausible except Chigurh having the money I didn't see him with the sachel when he walked away from the accident doesn't mean he didn't stash it somewhere.

Also are we certain Llewelyn died because of Adultery or because he under estimated Chigurh who got there before he did and was waiting in his room.

I still have question but that is what we are suppose to be left with. :-5

[QUOTE]Chigurh has indeed killed Carla Jean. We know this because we see him checking the soles of his boots for blood; However, Carla Jean's spirit still lives. It is difficult to see on DVD, but she wears a butterfly necklace that symbolizes the transformation of her soul. She has been changed, like a butterfly from the cocoon, by the renewal of her mind. Although these things are not expressely indicated by dialog, Carla Jean has accepted the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. That is, Christ died for the sins of the world, was buried and rose again to life. Her Husband, Llewelyn dies because of the sin of Adultery. Again, although we don't see him comit the act, it is apparent by his very death. God demands death for that sin. However, again, we don't know for certain wether or not Llewelyn was a beleiver in the gospel. If he was, his soul lives on.

Finally, about the money. Chigurh retrieved the money from the vent near the floor. Sheriff Bell looks to the open vent as he sits on the bed and that is where Llewelyn placed the cash. However, the open hole near the flloor is a symbolic hole back to hell, Chigurh the demon, has made his escape by that route.

Local Time: 02:36 PM

Local Date: 03-30-2008

[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

Nomad

No Country For Old Men

Post by Nomad »

Also since the Coen Bros. are Jewish why would they be relying heavily on Christian parable ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
CARLA

No Country For Old Men

Post by CARLA »

Good point Nomad. I don't know what the menings are other than greed for the most part. Drug deal gone bad living in a Broder City like I do this is an every day event no honor amoung thieves.

Granted this movie has some twists and turns with one great bad guy but it still is just about MONEY.

[QUOTE]Also since the Coen Bros. are Jewish why would they be relying heavily on Christian parable ?[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

american parable

No Country For Old Men

No, No, No. It is not about the money. The money is simply mammon after all, "the root of all kinds of evil". If Chigurh was really concerned with money, he would of went with Carson Wells to get the 14 Grand that was offered, then retrieved the cash with Carson and killed him later. Any concern about the money is chasing after a red herron. This really is a story of good and evil, God vs satan. You really must read my essay that I refer to in one of the previous threads. Another point: Chigurh comes to kill Carla Jean, perhaps weeks, even months after Llewelyn's death. Remember, her grandmother was still alive with cancer when Llewelyn died and we can assume that her death didn't occur immediately. I mean, after all, it takes 3 or 4 days to plan a funeral even if she died the same day as Llewelyn. Chigurh would not still be carrying all that cash with him anymore, he's a smart cookie after all. Finally, The Coen Bros made this film based on the novel of the same name and although it would be incredible that all these God moments occur happenstance, God is capable of doing anything. Maybe he is using this film to tell His story in the form of a parable. Wouldn't it be the ultimate irony if God used a couple of Jews (who I am only assuming have not accepted Jesus as the Savior) to illustrate the gospel of Jesus Christ? God does have a sense of humor after all. Remember the American border guard who interrogates Llewelyn as he comes back from Mexico? He is St. Peter "at the pearly gates". A bit of a jab at catholisim. Although we see that "St. Peter" indeed lets Llewelyn in.

Also: Concerning Llewelyn's adultery, as the viewer we can assume alot from the dialog and the posturing and affect of the characters. Remember the woman says, "Beer only leads to more beer" while smiling flirtatiously. Llewelyn's response does not come with words, but a knowing smile. Remember, he's acting a role and everything has been carefully thought out, every scene calculated for effect. Llewelyn was invincible against Chigurh until something happened to diminish the man - Adultery is a sin punishable by death in the Old Testement. And Chigurh didn't kill Llewelyn - the group of Mexican's escaping by truck did.
CARLA

No Country For Old Men

Post by CARLA »

Yes you make some point that I now understand. I also thought the Mexicans killed Llewelyn but others thought Chigurh did since the door knob had his trade mark hole blown through it. Yes I agree now it is about good and evil. Not so sure about the religious aspect to the movie.

[QUOTE]No, No, No. It is not about the money. The money is simply mammon after all, "the root of all kinds of evil". If Chigurh was really concerned with money, he would of went with Carson Wells to get the 14 Grand that was offered, then retrieved the cash with Carson and killed him later. Any concern about the money is chasing after a red herron. This really is a story of good and evil, God vs satan. You really must read my essay that I refer to in one of the previous threads. Another point: Chigurh comes to kill Carla Jean, perhaps weeks, even months after Llewelyn's death. Remember, her grandmother was still alive with cancer when Llewelyn died and we can assume that her death didn't occur immediately. I mean, after all, it takes 3 or 4 days to plan a funeral even if she died the same day as Llewelyn. Chigurh would not still be carrying all that cash with him anymore, he's a smart cookie after all. Finally, The Coen Bros made this film based on the novel of the same name and although it would be incredible that all these God moments occur happenstance, God is capable of doing anything. Maybe he is using this film to tell His story in the form of a parable. Wouldn't it be the ultimate irony if God used a couple of Jews (who I am only assuming have not accepted Jesus as the Savior) to illustrate the gospel of Jesus Christ? God does have a sense of humor after all. Remember the American border guard who interrogates Llewelyn as he comes back from Mexico? He is St. Peter "at the pearly gates". A bit of a jab at catholisim. Although we see that "St. Peter" indeed lets Llewelyn in.

Also: Concerning Llewelyn's adultery, as the viewer we can assume alot from the dialog and the posturing and affect of the characters. Remember the woman says, "Beer only leads to more beer" while smiling flirtatiously. Llewelyn's response does not come with words, but a knowing smile. Remember, he's acting a role and everything has been carefully thought out, every scene calculated for effect. Llewelyn was invincible against Chigurh until something happened to diminish the man - Adultery is a sin punishable by death in the Old Testement. And Chigurh didn't kill Llewelyn - the group of Mexican's escaping by truck did.[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

american parable

No Country For Old Men

I'm pleased that we're getting somewhere. You're right, the telltale blown-out lock occurs later, after Llewelyn is killed. Recall Sheriff Bell returns to the scene after the other Sheriff comments that this criminal isvery bold to have returned to the Eagle Hotel after killing the night clerk there (a killing we don't see either). Recall, Chigurh returns to the Eagle, where he kills Carson Wells (he is referred to as a retired special forces Colonel). When Sheriff Bell sees the blown-out lock, he knows that Chigurh has indeed been there, even likely still there. Sheriff Bell draws his weapon this time. Remember the first time he saw a blown-out lock was at Llewelyn's trailer and he doesn't draw his weapon when entering that time. It's a funny moment as he follows his Deputy and says, "I'm hiding behind you." :driving:
CARLA

No Country For Old Men

Post by CARLA »

That makes sense. What threw me off is you actually sees Chigurh when Sheriff Bell is standing at the hotel door. Then he enters checks the rooms turns lights on and he isn't there, confusing. He then sit on the bed and noticed the vent hole where we are lead to believe the money was hidden end of scene.

Why did the Mexican's kill Llewelyn? did they find the money? From this point in the movie is when I was left with more questions than answers. :-5:-5

[QUOTE]I'm pleased that we're getting somewhere. You're right, the telltale blown-out lock occurs later, after Llewelyn is killed. Recall Sheriff Bell returns to the scene after the other Sheriff comments that this criminal isvery bold to have returned to the Eagle Hotel after killing the night clerk there (a killing we don't see either). Recall, Chigurh returns to the Eagle, where he kills Carson Wells (he is referred to as a retired special forces Colonel). When Sheriff Bell sees the blown-out lock, he knows that Chigurh has indeed been there, even likely still there. Sheriff Bell draws his weapon this time. Remember the first time he saw a blown-out lock was at Llewelyn's trailer and he doesn't draw his weapon when entering that time. It's a funny moment as he follows his Deputy and says, "I'm hiding behind you." [/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

american parable

No Country For Old Men

Yes, Chigurh is hiding behind the door, in the shadows, demonic. The first time I saw the film, this scene confounded me. But the reason Chigurh doesn't kill Ed Tom is because Ed Tom is under God's protection here. Again, although not provided by dialog, we can assume that the Sheriff says a silent prayer before he enters the room, we see it on his face. And Sherrif Bell invokes the Lord's name at various times throughout the film. Recall him speaking about Truth and Justice with his secretary. He says that he "dedicates himself daily and new". He goes on to say that it might come to three times a day before its over - this is prayer. Ed Tom prays. As he enters the room, his car headlights fill the room. Again, the movie makers don't create these shots by chance. Ed Tom is bathed in light and light represents God, Jesus the spirit. The triune God. God's protection envelopes Ed Tom and prevents Chigurh (Satan's henchman) from taking action against him.

The Mexican's who kill Llewelyn discovered his location when they spoke with Carla Jean and her Grandmother as the Mexican in the suit help them with their bags. Recall the Grandmother tells them where they are headed - To meet Llewelyn at the motel where he is killed.:guitarist
CARLA

No Country For Old Men

Post by CARLA »

Once again makes sense I think. As a side note I though Tommy Lee Jones was great in this movie.

So the Mexican in the suit is part of the deal gone bad and is also looking for the money? So they could very well have gotten the money and Chigurh didn't and still keeps on killing anyone who knew about it.

I guess I need to watch it a 3rd time. :wah:

[QUOTE]Yes, Chigurh is hiding behind the door, in the shadows, demonic. The first time I saw the film, this scene confounded me. But the reason Chigurh doesn't kill Ed Tom is because Ed Tom is under God's protection here. Again, although not provided by dialog, we can assume that the Sheriff says a silent prayer before he enters the room, we see it on his face. And Sherrif Bell invokes the Lord's name at various times throughout the film. Recall him speaking about Truth and Justice with his secretary. He says that he "dedicates himself daily and new". He goes on to say that it might come to three times a day before its over - this is prayer. Ed Tom prays. As he enters the room, his car headlights fill the room. Again, the movie makers don't create these shots by chance. Ed Tom is bathed in light and light represents God, Jesus the spirit. The triune God. God's protection envelopes Ed Tom and prevents Chigurh (Satan's henchman) from taking action against him.

The Mexican's who kill Llewelyn discovered his location when they spoke with Carla Jean and her Grandmother as the Mexican in the suit help them with their bags. Recall the Grandmother tells them where they are headed - To meet Llewelyn at the motel where he is killed.[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

american parable

No Country For Old Men

Right. The Mexican's could have gotten the money, but unlikely. Recall the other Sheriff proposes the possibility to Sheriff Bell, but he dismisses it because the Mexicans left the scene in such a hurry. And Llewelyn died in the doorway to the room where he was staying (the room with the open vent) and went down shooting. Recall the wounded Mexican crawling across the pavement as Sheriff Bell arrives on the chaotic scene- Llewelyn was undoubtabley responsible for wounding that fella.
american parable

No Country For Old Men

I see that folks are looking at the threads, but not making comment. Does anyone have a feeling about the character "Ellis"? To my way of thinking, he is clearly a prophet. The first indication comes as Ellis makes comment that he knows who has driven up because he has "deduced" it. Also, Ellis does not carry a surname - very prophet like. When Sheriff Bell laments that he always thought God would come into his life somehow and surmises that perhaps its because God didn't think he was good enough, Ellis retorts, "You don't know what He thinks!" He also has conversation about Uncle Macs death by the hands of men on horseback. Death is prophesied to come on horseback in the book of Revelation.When Ellis comments about the cats in the house, he says, "Some are half wild - some are just outlaws." He is in fact commenting about the nature of men in the world. Finally, Ellis issues a prophecy. He says, "What you got is noth'in new, can't stop what's com'in - ain't all wait'in on you, that vanity." Here we have allusion to biblical prophecy concerning the coming wrath of God and the book of Ecclesiastes.
american parable

No Country For Old Men

Having trouble with the film's ending? Drop me a line and I'd love to have discussion with you.:-2
KB.

No Country For Old Men

Post by KB. »

Watched it this week and absolutely loved it.
Life ain't linear.
Nomad

No Country For Old Men

Post by Nomad »

american parable;834860 wrote: Having trouble with the film's ending? Drop me a line and I'd love to have discussion with you.:-2

Did you watch the film with the directors dialogue on or are these theories original ?

Were you looking for subtle hidden meanings or did they just jump right out at you ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
Accountable

No Country For Old Men

Post by Accountable »

The meanings were apparently too subtle for me. Call me silly but I don't consider a guy killing innocent people with a cattle gun entertainment.
american parable

No Country For Old Men

To Nomad's question: I slept on it after the first viewing and then the ideas started coming. I had to go back, but I mostly got it after the first viewing. I became Christian about five years ago and spend quite a bit of time in the bible. I would love to talk to the directors about their ideas concerning this movie. In my mind, its the best film ever made. Beginning to end, chuck full of God. I have to wonder if the Coens really had this much God stuff in mind when they made the thing. I could talk all day about it.

Anyway, something of interest: Remember Sheriff Bell drinking the milk? Seems like an obvious allusion to Paul's letters: ie, being babes in Christ and not being able to eat solid food, but being fed with the milk of the word. Recall the first time we see Ed Tom at the breakfast table and at a moment of disgust and dispair, he pushes the "solid food" away. At the end of the movie, the last scene, Ed Tom sits with his wife Loretta at the breakfast table. Again, solid food sits before him. As an aside, over his left shoulder perches a raven. This could be interpreted at the raven who brings meat to the prophet Daniel in the morning and evening and then Daniel drinks from the brook. Drinking water is an obvious allusion to drinking the life offered by Jesus Christ. Everyone knows that Jesus described Himself as the water of life, don't they? When Sheriff Bell talks about his dream, he says that he sees his Father carrying a horn with fire inside, that "glows like the moonlight". Makes one think of the horn of salvation spoken of in the gospel of Luke besides the obvious illustration to the light of Jesus Christ. Ed Tom is in obvious dispair and without hope in the world, but his last words before his world goes black are: "And then I woke up." Did Ed Tom finally get it in that last instant? Has he accepted the Lord's gospel of salvation?

Another interesting aside: Recall Ed Tom as he sits before the blackened T.V. screen at Llewelyn's trailer. This is straight out of Scripture - "For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then I shall know even as also I am known." (1Cor 13:12)

Ed Tom and Llewelyn seem to me to be archtype for the fleshly and spiritual dichotomies that are evident throughout the Bible. Abram and Abraham, Jacob and Esau, Ishmael and Isaac, the first Adam and the second Adam - Jesus Christ.

And what about Carla Jean? She wears a small butterfly necklace. Symbolic of her transformation (like a butterfly from the cocoon), changed, by her unspoken belief in the Lord's gospel. These things are not explicity demonstrated by way of dialog, but are so obvious when viewed with spiritual discernment.

One more: Before Chigurh kills the Mexican hiding in the shower at the motel, He looks at the crucifix that hangs from the man's neck and says, "How'd you find that? Most people take this as reference to the money or transponder, or whatever, but it seems obvious to me that he is asking the man about his salvation as promised by belief in the Lord Jesus. God covers the killing from our view because the man's eternal salvation is assured.

I'd love to say more, I'll wait for some interest to continue.:driving:
Nomad

No Country For Old Men

Post by Nomad »

Well Im not as versed in the Bible as you appear to be.

Off the top of my head it all seems like a stretch, but of course I didnt make the film and have no way of knowing what they were thinking.

My brother however is versed and Im waiting for him to watch the film so I can get his feedback. Ill introduce him to your theories and well see if they coincide.

You could gather up your ideas and shoot them off to the Coen Bros. If nothing else they might find it interesting or think you a genius if youre dead on accurate.

Im curious now.
I AM AWESOME MAN
american parable

No Country For Old Men

Thanks Nomad. I guess I need to stop dinking around and be straight about myself. I'm American Parable because I feel passionate about the message this movie conveys. "Parable", because that is how Jesus Christ conveys truth to people. Because they don't tend to "see" by other means of communication. I feel that this film won the Academy Award because God wanted it to. These things are not accidents. Americans love movies and if they will only open their eyes and hear with their ears and turn so that God might heal them.

The first two thirds of the film deal with good and evil and demonstrate how simple acceptance of the Lord's gospel (Jesus died for the sins of the world, was buried and then rose again to eternal life) will save even the worst kind of sinner. Carla Jean demonstrates Jesus' teaching that simple, child-like faith is all that He requires.

But, the end of the film provides warning as issued by Ellis, the prophet. "You can't stop what's com'in, ain't all wait'in on you - that's vanity." Ellis is pointing to the last words of the Old Testament as written by Malachi: "Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord. And he will turn the hearts of the fathers to the children and the hearts of children to their fathers, lest I come and strike the earth with a curse." (Mal 4:5,6)

We know this because Ed Tom's dream deals with his father. Their hearts have turned to one another. Even in death, Ed's Dad communicates with him through the dream. He is attempting to point him in the right direction, to Christ. The horn of salvation, Jesus Christ, "shines like the moonlight" - He is the light of the world.

This country (America) is coming to a crossroads. The wrath of God is already becoming evident. And we ain't seen noth'in yet!

If only the people would "Turn" so that God might heal them.:-5:-5:-5

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”