The Undertall Syndrome

QUINNSCOMMENTARY

The Undertall Syndrome

Post by QUINNSCOMMENTARY »

This problem, assuming you see it that way, of being overweight or in a somewhat less politically correct terminology, fat may not be what it seems.

There is a large body of evidence out there that clearly shows the problem is not people being overweight, but rather undertall. Yes, you heard it right, thinking out of the box as they say. Not convinced, well consider this. If you use a Body Mass Index (BMI) calculator and you are 5’5” and weigh 200 pounds your BMI is 33.3 and you are obese plain and simple, but if you grow to 6’4” your BMI drops to 24.3 and you are right in the correct weight zone.

Now, this is not an entirely new idea. Back in the 1930s Laurel and Hardy had a movie again proving this point. Both were jailed in a dungeon, Oliver was placed on a rack and stretched to well over six feet. Stan was squeezed in a press. One walked out taller and thinner and the other shorter and now overweight. Hey, we are talking 1930s technology here.

Even if you don’t buy the BMI theory, how about considering the waist line methodology? Experts say a generous waistline is even a better indicator of poor health potential and suggest that men should have a waist less than 40 inches. That too fits nicely into the undertall theory because if you take a person 5’5” and raise them to 6’ the extra inches have to come from some place and where else but the middle? So there you have it the 42” waist simply has to shrink to 35” to allow for the 7” growth.

This vital information is probably not something you want to share widely, it could devastate the diet industry and I don’t want to end up on some weight control system hit list. Feel free to use the undertall theory for your personal use and you probably also want to share it with your doctor, especially your plastic surgeon.

P.S. I cannot take credit for this methodology, it was first developed (or revitalized after the 1930s) by my friend Curt who claims to suffer from the aforementioned condition.

Ops, I have to go now, my 3rd pounder is ready. "Will you super-size the fries please." Please hand me the salt, I'm too short to reach it. :wah::wah::wah:
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." George Bernard Shaw

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking" Gen. George Patton

Quinnscommentary

Observations on Life. Give it a try now and tell a friend or two or fifty. ;)

Quinnscommentary Blog
Chezzie

The Undertall Syndrome

Post by Chezzie »

lmao..............yeehaaaaaw im not overweight im short..........but hang on a minute, I already knew that (5ft 2"):thinking:
QUINNSCOMMENTARY

The Undertall Syndrome

Post by QUINNSCOMMENTARY »

Chezzie;862974 wrote: lmao..............yeehaaaaaw im not overweight im short..........but hang on a minute, I already knew that (5ft 2"):thinking:

No, no undertall, remember let's keep a positive outlook here. If you admit to being short all is lost. If you are undertall and if they ever find a cure for that condition, you will be fine, but if you are "short" they will never even look for a cure...and then you will have to lose weight. :):wah::):wah:
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." George Bernard Shaw

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking" Gen. George Patton

Quinnscommentary

Observations on Life. Give it a try now and tell a friend or two or fifty. ;)

Quinnscommentary Blog
Chezzie

The Undertall Syndrome

Post by Chezzie »

QUINNSCOMMENTARY;862976 wrote: No, no undertall, remember let's keep a positive outlook here. If you admit to being short all is lost. If you are undertall and if they ever find a cure for that condition, you will be fine, but if you are "short" they will never even look for a cure...and then you will have to lose weight. :):wah::):wah:

ahhhhhhhhh (penny drops) I get ya know and im loving your way of positive thinking matey....:-6
Chezzie

The Undertall Syndrome

Post by Chezzie »

p.s. Am I also underthin or underfat or overthin or FAT :wah:
Dweedle Dee

The Undertall Syndrome

Post by Dweedle Dee »

I should be about 6'5" then. :o
Dewey2Me1MoThyme

The Undertall Syndrome

Post by Dewey2Me1MoThyme »

Me thinks I must have really sprouted up in my early 20s, plum shot right up through my hair. Some people refer to me as bald, I like to think of it as flesh toned hair, has a nice ring to it dontcha think? :-3 As a result of it, I'm now underfat or overshort or something. :-2 The good news is, its usually easier to find a face cloth to part your hair than it is a comb. :-6 One problem with having no hair, if I'm poisoned w/ arsenic, how are they going to tell? :thinking: When this all started I went to a well respected Dr. who told me I was going bald. I informed him I wanted a second opinion and he agreed to that, by saying I was ugly too. :o Well I just thot I'd ask you all your point of view, I was going to call my mother and ask her, but I get so tired of repeating "Dewey, your son, No No No thats my brother DEWEY! The one who didn't get his bike in before dark" grrrrrr :rolleyes:

Dew

"Anything worth dewing is worth dewing well"
southern yankee

The Undertall Syndrome

Post by southern yankee »

that must be my problem 5'3". i should be about 6':wah::wah:

Return to “Fitness Nutrition”