Just had to share!!

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
LilacDragon

Just had to share!!

Post by LilacDragon »

I know I haven't been around much lately and that I rarely post about personal things but I am just soo excited and felt a need to tell the whole wide world....

My oldest daughter has been offered (and accepted!) an internship at the Kennedy Space Center!
Sandi

flopstock

Just had to share!!

Post by flopstock »

OMG what oldest daughter?:-6
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

southern yankee

Just had to share!!

Post by southern yankee »

LilacDragon;963465 wrote: I know I haven't been around much lately and that I rarely post about personal things but I am just soo excited and felt a need to tell the whole wide world....

My oldest daughter has been offered (and accepted!) an internship at the Kennedy Space Center! wow!! that is awsome. You must be very proud of her. What will she be doing??
flopstock

Just had to share!!

Post by flopstock »

can she get us discounts on tshirts?

:D
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

LilacDragon

Just had to share!!

Post by LilacDragon »

flopstock;963469 wrote: OMG what oldest daughter?:-6

Not the one you met when you were here - the other one - LOL!! She is 22 and she has been going to Lawrence Tech for the last 4 years. She looks very much like her mom (me :D).

southern yankee;963471 wrote: wow!! that is awsome. You must be very proud of her. What will she be doing??

Honestly - I have no clue! She is majoring in Business Adminsitration so I would imagine it is something in her field. But honestly - I could care less. Just the chance to do this seriously once in a lifetime thing is amazing.

And yes - I am just bursting with pride!
Sandi

LilacDragon

Just had to share!!

Post by LilacDragon »

flopstock;963473 wrote: can she get us discounts on tshirts?

:D

I will ask!
Sandi

flopstock

Just had to share!!

Post by flopstock »

When does she start? You'll get to go for visits and everything....whooohooooo:D

LilacDragon

Just had to share!!

Post by LilacDragon »

She starts in 2 weeks and will be done before Christmas. I doubt I will get to visit but I will get tons and tons of pictures!
Sandi

kayleneaussie

Just had to share!!

Post by kayleneaussie »

wow congratulations to your daughter :-6
FOC THREAD PART 1
Pinky

Just had to share!!

Post by Pinky »

Is this Bean we're talking about Sandi?

How wonderful!!! She must be so thrilled!!!:-4
Pinky

Just had to share!!

Post by Pinky »

Oh, it's lovely to see you back btw!! Don't be a stranger!
LilacDragon

Just had to share!!

Post by LilacDragon »

Pinky;963511 wrote: Is this Bean we're talking about Sandi?

How wonderful!!! She must be so thrilled!!!:-4

Bean is the "other" daughter. LOL!
Sandi

Pinky

Just had to share!!

Post by Pinky »

LOL...I just remembered that day in the mall with you guys when my feet hurt so much I ended up walking around the shops barefoot, hehehe!:wah:
Sheryl

Just had to share!!

Post by Sheryl »

Congrats! That is going to be a wonderful experience for her!
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
Pinky

Just had to share!!

Post by Pinky »

LilacDragon;963513 wrote: Bean is the "other" daughter. LOL!

Well congrats to her anyway, that's fabby news! Love to Bean too!:-6
Patsy Warnick

Just had to share!!

Post by Patsy Warnick »

LilacD

Good to see you & you must be so excited.

What a opportunity - that's a WOW

good for her.

I want a T-Shirt

who else wants a t-shirt?

Great News - Congrats

Patsy
spot

Just had to share!!

Post by spot »

It sounds an exciting place to be working. This is Cape Canaveral we're talking about? The US equivalent of Baikonur Cosmodrome? She'll get to see all sorts of big machinery there. If I ever get to Florida that's one of the places I'd like to see.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Nomad

Just had to share!!

Post by Nomad »

LilacDragon;963465 wrote: I know I haven't been around much lately and that I rarely post about personal things but I am just soo excited and felt a need to tell the whole wide world....

My oldest daughter has been offered (and accepted!) an internship at the Kennedy Space Center!

Is this Cape Canaveral or Houston ?

What a thrill !!!
I AM AWESOME MAN
flopstock

Just had to share!!

Post by flopstock »

Pinky;963514 wrote: LOL...I just remembered that day in the mall with you guys when my feet hurt so much I ended up walking around the shops barefoot, hehehe!:wah:

if i remember that right.. didn't lilac get some boxer shorts for spot as a souvenir?:sneaky::wah:

SlipStream

Just had to share!!

Post by SlipStream »

bet ya over the moon:)
Trunk Monkey

Just had to share!!

Post by Trunk Monkey »

What exciting news and congratulations to your daughter!
LilacDragon

Just had to share!!

Post by LilacDragon »

She will be at Cape Canaveral. And she will be there for a launch, which makes it even more exciting!

I still have no idea what she will be doing but she will be going. My mom will be driving her down with my son along for the ride. How many 10 year olds can say they have been to NASA?

Her boyfriend got a phone call from me this morning. He has been, shall we say, less then supportive of this. I have been very careful not to butt into their lives and their relationship but I will be damned if I will allow her to pass up this opprotunity because he doesn't think she can do this.

She has a ton to do and a lot to think about over the next couple of weeks. I will keep you all posted!
Sandi

along-for-the-ride

Just had to share!!

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Congratulations, LilacDragon..............I know you are proud!:)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Bryn Mawr

Just had to share!!

Post by Bryn Mawr »

She must be good to get a plum placement like that - you've every right to be proud as punch.

Return to “General Chit Chat”