The media love this ‘Panic’ stuff

Big Business, Small Business, Investments, and Personal Finances
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

You know what? The only thing that is causing this ‘crisis in the financial sector’ is the basic fact of one predominant factor..

Greed, greed, greed.

When the VP’s of these companies that are now causing ‘panic on wall street’ were getting their million dollar bonus’s and everyone was looking to get rich quick on the property ladder to the extent that business were taking unprecedented risks, then they deserve to be no where else that where they are. But now the tax payers in the USA need to bail them out.

Also, the media love this sh1t. The more they can report of businesses that are falling the happier they are, in fact, they way there are reporting this stuff I am sure they are adding to the frenzy.

Economics goes in cycles, up and down. There are winners and losers, in this case some very big losers, but you know what?? There will be some big winners out of this as well.

I wish CNN would collapse, they are driving me nuts with all of this ‘World Wide Crisis’ craap.
spot

Post by spot »

mikeinie;986652 wrote: Economics goes in cycles, up and down. There are winners and losers, in this case some very big losers, but you know what?? There will be some big winners out of this as well.

You need a nerve of steel. http://www.selftrade.co.uk/quote.php?symbole=1uHBOS.L shows you're right though. HBOS went up from 88p to 197p between 9.30am and the three hours between 11 and 2pm. Buying in and selling out would have doubled your cash in a day.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

spot;986670 wrote: You need a nerve of steel. http://www.selftrade.co.uk/quote.php?symbole=1uHBOS.L shows you're right though. HBOS went up from 88p to 197p between 9.30am and the three hours between 11 and 2pm. Buying in and selling out would have doubled your cash in a day.

And if you sold last week and bought back in first thing this morning?
Odie

Post by Odie »

mikeinie;986652 wrote: You know what? The only thing that is causing this ‘crisis in the financial sector’ is the basic fact of one predominant factor..

Greed, greed, greed.

When the VP’s of these companies that are now causing ‘panic on wall street’ were getting their million dollar bonus’s and everyone was looking to get rich quick on the property ladder to the extent that business were taking unprecedented risks, then they deserve to be no where else that where they are. But now the tax payers in the USA need to bail them out.

Also, the media love this sh1t. The more they can report of businesses that are falling the happier they are, in fact, they way there are reporting this stuff I am sure they are adding to the frenzy.

Economics goes in cycles, up and down. There are winners and losers, in this case some very big losers, but you know what?? There will be some big winners out of this as well.

I wish CNN would collapse, they are driving me nuts with all of this ‘World Wide Crisis’ craap.

I hate CNN!
Life is just to short for drama.
spot

Post by spot »

Bryn Mawr;986681 wrote: And if you sold last week and bought back in first thing this morning?

It came down from 250p. The rescue's valued it at 232. Those who bought in at 88p will be quite pleased.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
abbey

Post by abbey »

Seems to me, the safest place for your money is under the mattress!
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

I think some exemplary crucifixtions of brokers and financiers on 5th Avenue might be useful in terms of setting an example for the others. ;)
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

spot;986698 wrote: It came down from 250p. The rescue's valued it at 232. Those who bought in at 88p will be quite pleased.

So buy triple and then the value more than doubles - that's my kind of maths :-)

Return to “Wall Street to Main Street”