American Soccer/European Football

Discuss all types of sports.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Chelsea beat Liverpool in leg one of the EUFA cup semi final today 1-0...

Chelsea was in firm control of the entire first half, but I have to give credit to Liverpool making halftime adjustments as they came out and played alot better than Chelsea in the second half...

I think those two teams are strikingly even in comparison with only one exception,..and that's Drogba...

Drogba has to be in the top 5 of best players in the entire Premierships...
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Man is it not looking good for Fulham...

West Ham beat Wigan to put Fulham only 1 point ahead of a two way tie between the last relegation spot and only 3 ahead of Charlton with what looks to be a very challenging schedule remaining for Fulham to at least get a couple of points if they expect to stay in the EPL...

3 weeks ago I wouldn't have ever thought we would be in this position but we are and relegation is a real possibility...

Charltons loss to Blackburn today is probably the only thing keeping Fulhams legitimate chances alive...

Was sacking Coleman this late in the stage the right thing to do?

We need to win one of the last 3 games definitely if anyone is to expect Fulham to stay in the EPL...
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Fulham seriously looks too lazy for a team facing possible relegation...

West Ham and Charlton both play tough remaining schedules so I'm hoping that Bolton and the Spurs don't put in their 3rd stringers seeing as how they have nothing to play for nor to lose...

But with West Ham playing Man U which is trying to extend their lead in the Premiership over Chelsea I look for them to take full advantage of the game...

Charlton plays Liverpool and I don't expect them to get any points there either...
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

What a waist of a penalty by Vesall...

Man U looks like they may seal the Premiership title...
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Dempsey scores 1 to put Fulham at 39...

What a way for Dempsey to get his first goal for Fulham...

Dempsey deserves a start for the last game of the season...

Here's to hoping that Charlton, and Wigan fall because it looks like West Ham is in complete control of winning their game against Bolton...
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Man I'm going to be the Hotspurs biggest fan on Monday...
abbey

Post by abbey »

Soberano;607660 wrote: Manchester United are the Champions.:D

Mourinho are you listening,

I hope you kept our trophy glistening,

We're back, it's May,

We took it away,

Walking in a Fergie wonderland

K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Well Fulham seriously dodged a bullet last Saturday...

Being in 13th place only about 8 weeks ago I would have never thought they would be fighting for their lives to keep from being relegated...
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Soberano;610479 wrote: They are safe for another season now and can only improve.

After blatantly waiting out to see what was going to happen in regards to their future Fulham has finally made a tactical move in appointing Lawrie Sanchez as number one and full time successor over that of Chris Coleman...

I would have to imagine that he at least deserves the chance to prove himself...I know his first few games with Fulham was everything shy of spectacular but he has been one of only a few that has been trying to give Dempsey a chance at playing in the EPL which may have been the primary reason as to why Fulham isn't playing for their lives in the final game of the season...

If we can pick up a solid defender and upon getting Bullard back I look for Fulham to be alot better than they were this year...
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

Yep your Fulham team is just lucky that we put out a really rubbish reserve squad in that match K, as you would be in real trouble at the moment.

And as much as I hate to say it, well done to Man U winning the title, in fairness you did deserve it. Still I would rather have the Champions League, which will be ours again in a few weeks!! :-6
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Wanted to let everyone know about being able to stream live sporting events from all over the world directly through your PC...It's great for over here in America especially because we don't get very much soccer coverage over here...

I go here...http://www.myp2p.eu/
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Ok...Another season in the books...

Who would have ever thought Man U would have won the title?...:wah:

Right now the US has been invited to compete in South America's Copa America while at the same time will be playing in the Concacaf Gold Cup...

The US plays China in a friendly on June 2...A day after England is supposed to play Brazil in a friendly as well...

Meanwhile, England looks to be in a run for their money in the Euro 2008 qualifying...

I'm thinking with the Premiership being over for this year until August that they will be able to focus more on that...
xalisonx

Post by xalisonx »

Im a Manchester City fan, had a season ticket for 5 years now :)

common im waiting for some laughs :wah: lol nah i dont mind

You never know what to expect and thats what i love, like who will be our new manager? hmmm i wanted big sam but thats out of the question now!

xx
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

xalisonx;619353 wrote: Im a Manchester City fan, had a season ticket for 5 years now :)

You never know what to expect and thats what i love, like who will be our new manager? hmmm i wanted big sam but thats out of the question now!

xx

Man City definitely looked better than Fulham this year that's for sure...

How has Beasley done this year anyway?
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

xalisonx;619353 wrote: Im a Manchester City fan, had a season ticket for 5 years now :)

xx

Well the same few people have been linked with nearly every Premiership job lately like Chris Coleman or even Neil Warnock now.

Who knows perhaps Sven might want to go to the City of Manchester stadium! :sneaky:
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

Just heard that your Spurs team has signed promising player Gareth Bale from Southampton Jimbo. I heard that a lot of top clubs were after him, so it's strange that he wants to join you isn't it! :D Good player though from what I have seen of him!
xalisonx

Post by xalisonx »

I dont want Sven lol

Beasly hasnt really played that many games this season, he played in the last few, and he is showing some potetial, but i dont know what pearce was thinking in some of the formations he picked

I definatly want to see more of Paul Dickov next year, he still has alot to give.

Im sticking my neck on the line but i can see city doing alot better next year

maybe new owners, new manager, new players its got to effect something!

xxx
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

xalisonx;619543 wrote: I dont want Sven lol

Beasly hasnt really played that many games this season, he played in the last few, and he is showing some potetial, but i dont know what pearce was thinking in some of the formations he picked

I definatly want to see more of Paul Dickov next year, he still has alot to give.

Im sticking my neck on the line but i can see city doing alot better next year

maybe new owners, new manager, new players its got to effect something!

xxx

Yeah I had forgot about him being injured...

He's one of our best players so he should contribute alot...
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

England should be playing Brazil right now...Myp2p.eu has it listed to stream it but when I click on the links "Brazil vs England (Friendly)" it's the wrong game...

Anyone watching it?

Are they using their A lineups?
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Nvm...I found a channel that is airing it...

Sportscast is awesome...
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Too bad for England...

I didn't really get a chance to see the game because the video quality was extremely bad...
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Hey KS how you doing???
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

NotToday

Post by NotToday »

I love American Football :-6 :-4

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax, and get used to the idea." - Robert A. Heinlein
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

CARLA;626984 wrote: Hey KS how you doing???

Oohh,..I'm doing good...How are you doing CARLA?
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

NotToday;626987 wrote: I love American Football :-6 :-4

I do too...Who's your favorite team?
NotToday

Post by NotToday »

K.Snyder;627027 wrote: I do too...Who's your favorite team?

I'm a college football fan - Florida Gators! :D

You?

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax, and get used to the idea." - Robert A. Heinlein
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

NotToday;627028 wrote: I'm a college football fan - Florida Gators! :D

You?

:wah:

I'm a college football fan too, but I follow the NFL alot more...

Cincinnati Bengals

And Ohio State...
NotToday

Post by NotToday »

K.Snyder;627091 wrote: :wah:

I'm a college football fan too, but I follow the NFL alot more...

Cincinnati Bengals

And Ohio State...

Ohio State, I'm so sorry we beat you :D I mean... :-1 lol

Midnight Sun

Post by Midnight Sun »

Thought I'd drop in and say hello. New member who is a Columbus Crew season ticket holder here, so I guess I'll be posting here (and given the way the Crew's season has gone so far, venting a lot of frustrations) quite often. So, howdy!
Michael

My other ride has a 32,000 gallon gas tank.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Ben Franklin
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Midnight Sun;631053 wrote: Thought I'd drop in and say hello. New member who is a Columbus Crew season ticket holder here, so I guess I'll be posting here (and given the way the Crew's season has gone so far, venting a lot of frustrations) quite often. So, howdy!

I follow the Crew too, but I support the EPL more than I do the MLS...
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Anyone seeing any significant signings?
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

The fixtures are out for the Premier League...

Here's the fixtures for Fulham...

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsA ... tures.aspx
abbey

Post by abbey »

K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

abbey;637824 wrote: Man Utd's fixture list.

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pageg ... sid=435543 :-6

You know,..I hear people bit@hing about how Man U and Chelsea get easier schedules to start out with and then I think for a minute...(It happens...Ever so frighteningly, but it happens...),..I think...Every team they practically face is easy, because they're the top teams in the league...

And then I noticed that people tend to get a little cynical when it comes to their favorite teams...

The fact of the matter is, is that they're all in the EPL and they all play each other equally twice, so I think to myself,.."Stop bit@hing and just watch the game"...

BTW...Good luck next year...

As if you're going to need it...:rolleyes:
abbey

Post by abbey »

I'd personally see us playing the tough games at the start of the season when we're fresh.

We've had a couple of good signings this season in Owen Hargreaves and Nani, hopefully we should do well.

Hope Fulham come through for you. :-6
abbey

Post by abbey »

Soberano;638510 wrote: As long as United give em a good seeing to that is.:D
Goes without saying. ;)
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Any off season signings anyone happens to be enthusiastic about...Or happens to be upset about?...
abbey

Post by abbey »

K.Snyder;894779 wrote: Any off season signings anyone happens to be enthusiastic about...Or happens to be upset about?...It has'nt happened yet but it looks like Man Utd will be loosing Cristiano Ronaldo to Real Madrid. :(
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

abbey;894854 wrote: It has'nt happened yet but it looks like Man Utd will be loosing Cristiano Ronaldo to Real Madrid. :(

I've always had this suspicion that he would go somewhere else at the end of this year when all of the rumors started...

Ranaldo's personality just won't allow for him to remain in a predictable situation at the same time his ego seeking personality could never refrain from the possibility that..."We won the La Liga because I transfered to Real Madrid"...could be his next big press release...
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Well I do believe everyone's schedule for the 08/09 English Premier League are out...

Here's Fulhams...http://www.fulhamfc.com/MatchAndTeam/FixturesList.aspx...

Fulham open the season vs Hull City but then it's home against Arsenal and then Away to Man U...

But really what's the difference?...They play everyone twice anyway...And when you have a team that has 9 lives it really doesn't matter when we play them...:yh_rotfl...
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Is it safe to say that Manchester Uniteds' 1998-1999 season was the greatest season any English football team has ever had?...
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Well,..the English Premier League is about to kick off...Anyone interested?...:wah:

Come on people...

You have to be getting psyched up...
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

We've acquired Andrew Johnson from Everton...

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsA ... Signs.aspx

He apparently wants to be near his family...

With alot of good signings I think Fulham are going to do exceptional this year...

And for the record Eddie Johnson hasn't done anything for us, Fulham or the United States soccer team, in the past 3 years I've seen him play...He'd better get his act together if he expects to stay at Fulham...
abbey

Post by abbey »

K.Snyder;917472 wrote: Is it safe to say that Manchester Uniteds' 1998-1999 season was the greatest season any English football team has ever had?...In terms of silverware....Absolutely. :-6
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

abbey;948701 wrote: In terms of silverware....Absolutely. :-6

Yes but wouldn't you regard that as being the best season by any team by default?...

Were there any other teams during a particular season within the English Premier League that could be considered as good?...

Return to “Wide World of Sports”