Ask Uncle Kram almost nothing

Okie

Post by Okie »

jimbo;473932 wrote: i dont know what NRA means but the duke was a great actor.. sorry about the balls up :)

The NRA is the National Rifle Association. I did beloing to it at one time. Mostly hunters and rednecks belong to it and most tend to vote Republican. At one time the NRA contributes a lot to election of Republicans because the Democrats wanted to impose bans on some types of weapons. But they did not talk about George Bush senior banning more guns than the Clinton administration did. Like assault rifles etc. I am a Democrat but I have been a hunter all my life. Too lazy now I guess
Uncle Kram

Post by Uncle Kram »

Pinky;473948 wrote: Dear Krambo,

Firstly, my printer won't print. I have checked that it's plugged in and switched on, so it's not just me having a dim moment, plus the paper goes through it but comes out blank. Any ideas?

Secondly. my friend is taking me out to the pub tonight and I just can't decide what to wear - Jean and rather cool figure hugging T shirt or girly skirt with stonkingly fab boots?
You should know by now Pinks that I'm as technical as a blancmange. Could you attach some tracing paper to your screen and copy it that way? :thinking:

I think a nice little gingham dress would be super duper but I'd pass on the stonkingly fab wellies. It's so last year :rolleyes: .And if you're having any alcohol, remember to keep your hand on your tuppence. You know what boys are like

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

Dear U.K., I am over the city result now, glad you didn't go, sn,ver good to see the villa get beat in the park, specially by any team that wears a blue strip. My question is, do you think O'Neill will get some real money for the Janurary transfer window, and do you have any idea who he might be looking for, Petrov has been a positive signing I think, we have some good midfielders, and defenders (well except the other night we didn't). We could do with another player with the leadership and energy of a petrov in the middle, and perhaps one or two really quality centre backs to strengthen what we have I think. Also, anglhohangamar (whatever) is a good player on the wing, and luke moore is a really exciting young talent (but he's out for while isn't he?, but our other forwards ain't exactly so hot are they?:( , so any ideas who you'd like to see or who you think is coming?

Gal
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
Uncle Kram

Post by Uncle Kram »

Galbally;474070 wrote: Dear U.K., I am over the city result now, glad you didn't go, sn,ver good to see the villa get beat in the park, specially by any team that wears a blue strip. My question is, do you think O'Neill will get some real money for the Janurary transfer window, and do you have any idea who he might be looking for, Petrov has been a positive signing I think, we have some good midfielders, and defenders (well except the other night we didn't). We could do with another player with the leadership and energy of a petrov in the middle, and perhaps one or two really quality centre backs to strengthen what we have I think. Also, anglhohangamar (whatever) is a good player on the wing, and luke moore is a really exciting young talent (but he's out for while isn't he?, but our other forwards ain't exactly so hot are they?:( , so any ideas who you'd like to see or who you think is coming?

Gal
I think Agbonlahor is the most exciting player we've had in a while, and if he fulfills the promise of last season, so is Steven Davis. I've heard that O'Neill is interested in Defoe who I've always wanted to see at the Villa and Robbie Keane, but Manchester United are sniffing round Defoe. I've even heard speculation that Robbie Savage could be on his way. I think Angel is a great player but he's just not delivering the goods. Who would you like to see coming to Villa Park?

Galbally

Post by Galbally »

Uncle Kram;474249 wrote: I think Agbonlahor is the most exciting player we've had in a while, and if he fulfills the promise of last season, so is Steven Davis. I've heard that O'Neill is interested in Defoe who I've always wanted to see at the Villa and Robbie Keane, but Manchester United are sniffing round Defoe. I've even heard speculation that Robbie Savage could be on his way. I think Angel is a great player but he's just not delivering the goods. Who would you like to see coming to Villa Park?

Yes I tend to agree with you about agbonlahor, I love good wingers anyway coz thats where I played when I was young, but he has a real touch of class about him alright. I've been impressed with Davies as well, as have most of the pundits, as for Angel, like a lot of foreign players (espeically south american ones) he is definetly an excellent footballer, but I don't think that the pace of the English game suits him, he just hasn't delievered, he has had injury problems but there is only so long you can give a player, I think he would be better off in Italy or one of the smaller Spanish clubs. Baros I don't rate at all. In terms of Robbie Keane, he is a good player for club and country, but he is inconsistent and he would only be a stopgap, same with Savage (who is a honest player, but over-rated), I'm not sure about Dafoe, I don't watch him much, he is highly rated, but I'd only be guessing. Its hard to know about specifics actually cause I don't know how O'Neill plans to structure his team for the long term, though I trust him to do the best with what he is able to afford, and also he has a good knack at picking up talented younger players, from England, Ireland, and Scotland.

In general aside from bringing in young talent, I think that if the people at Villa are serious about making the team a force in English football again they have to put their money where their mouths are, make people and players belive that Villa really want to be a serious team, that way they can get quality consistent players who want to to play at the club, and stay there, though its still gonna cost money. Learner has the money, the fans have the belief, O' Neill has the ability to motivate any player to play to their upmost and a lot of players would like to play for any of his teams as he is so inspiring as a manager. I do know that us Villa fans deserve something better than we have been getting for the last 20 years, Villa have gotten used to the idea that they are not very good, and thats not healthy for the long terms future of the club, this new departure could not have come at a more vital time, we were lucky not to go down last season and if that had happened, then I am not sure we would have come back up very quickly at all.

Their is no excuse now, the money is supposedly available, the manager knows what he is doing he will nuture the younger talent and be able to attract some pretty serious players if the club show they have ambition. The hunger from the fans is there, the stadium is there, the history is there, what Villa need to do over the course of the next 12 months is to continue doing the good work with the good players that are already there, build on this momentum O'Neill has created, and make some decsive shrewd transfer buys to show that Villa mean business.

I'm sorry that I can't give you a clear idea of who I would like him to get specifically, I suppose, Drogba, Rooney, Henri, Terry, Essien, Makalele, and Given would be nice for starters.
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
Uncle Kram

Post by Uncle Kram »

Galbally;474285 wrote: Yes I tend to agree with you about agbonlahor, I love good wingers anyway coz thats where I played when I was young, but he has a real touch of class about him alright. I've been impressed with Davies as well, as have most of the pundits, as for Angel, like a lot of foreign players (espeically south american ones) he is definetly an excellent footballer, but I don't think that the pace of the English game suits him, he just hasn't delievered, he has had injury problems but there is only so long you can give a player, I think he would be better off in Italy or one of the smaller Spanish clubs. Baros I don't rate at all. In terms of Robbie Keane, he is a good player for club and country, but he is inconsistent and he would only be a stopgap, same with Savage (who is a honest player, but over-rated), I'm not sure about Dafoe, I don't watch him much, he is highly rated, but I'd only be guessing. Its hard to know about specifics actually cause I don't know how O'Neill plans to structure his team for the long term, though I trust him to do the best with what he is able to afford, and also he has a good knack at picking up talented younger players, from England, Ireland, and Scotland.

In general aside from bringing in young talent, I think that if the people at Villa are serious about making the team a force in English football again they have to put their money where their mouths are, make people and players belive that Villa really want to be a serious team, that way they can get quality consistent players who want to to play at the club, and stay there, though its still gonna cost money. Learner has the money, the fans have the belief, O' Neill has the ability to motivate any player to play to their upmost and a lot of players would like to play for any of his teams as he is so inspiring as a manager. I do know that us Villa fans deserve something better than we have been getting for the last 20 years, Villa have gotten used to the idea that they are not very good, and thats not healthy for the long terms future of the club, this new departure could not have come at a more vital time, we were lucky not to go down last season and if that had happened, then I am not sure we would have come back up very quickly at all.

Their is no excuse now, the money is supposedly available, the manager knows what he is doing he will nuture the younger talent and be able to attract some pretty serious players if the club show they have ambition. The hunger from the fans is there, the stadium is there, the history is there, what Villa need to do over the course of the next 12 months is to continue doing the good work with the good players that are already there, build on this momentum O'Neill has created, and make some decsive shrewd transfer buys to show that Villa mean business.

I'm sorry that I can't give you a clear idea of who I would like him to get specifically, I suppose, Drogba, Rooney, Henri, Terry, Essien, Makalele, and Given would be nice for starters.
Yeah, that would be some substitutes bench :wah:

Uncle Kram

Post by Uncle Kram »

Pinky;474290 wrote: Oh too true. Shame I didn't get to read your advice before I went out. The gingham and wellies may have saved me from telling some guy I'd rather snog his dog.
If his dog was reasonably attractive, he may not have been as offended as you might imagine :-3 :D

Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Unc, is that 99 still on offer? :D
Uncle Kram

Post by Uncle Kram »

Wendybird;474522 wrote: Unc I really need your advice.

Should I or shouldn't I?

Will it hurt?

:sneaky:

Deep down you know that you must so there's no point in delaying any further. No pain, no gain, but a little goose fat applied in the right places may help ;)

Uncle Kram

Post by Uncle Kram »

Betty Boop;474529 wrote: Unc, is that 99 still on offer? :D
It sure is, but as a backup, I've got a couple of 49½'s on standby ;)

Uncle Kram

Post by Uncle Kram »

Wendybird;474543 wrote: *sigh* I know you are right but I am just so scared! Goose fat might help others but to this bird it would be cannibalism!

So

Should I go for the large?

Or the XXXL? :sneaky:
You may be pleasantly surprised by the Extra Medium

jennyswan

Post by jennyswan »

If I said you had a beautiful body would you hold it against me? ;)
Uncle Kram

Post by Uncle Kram »

jennyswan;476526 wrote: If I said you had a beautiful body would you hold it against me? ;)
If you said I had a beautiful body I'd.....be surprised :o :D

jennyswan

Post by jennyswan »

Uncle Kram;477384 wrote: If you said I had a beautiful body I'd.....be surprised :o :D

Now you're being modest honey. :-4
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

Is it true you're going to pose nude in the FG calendar? :sneaky:

And can I have an enlarged signed copy? :-4

WooHoo!!! :D
Uncle Kram

Post by Uncle Kram »

Rapunzel;477511 wrote: Is it true you're going to pose nude in the FG calendar? :sneaky:

And can I have an enlarged signed copy? :-4

WooHoo!!! :D
Possibly, but not for the winter months or nothings getting enlarged :D

Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

My hair is getting very long. Should I cut it?

I thought I could use it as stuffing in cushions and pillowcases for when guests come around. Whaddaya think? :rolleyes:
Uncle Kram

Post by Uncle Kram »

Wendybird;538147 wrote: BUMP!

How is your knee doing? :sneaky: Oh Good Lord, this old thread again :rolleyes: . I'll be turning into Jimbo or Hammy next.

You know something?...I love cheese. I just can't get enough of the yellow stuff, but to turn my attention to the unrelated matter in hand ie: my knee.

I suppose how it's doing is directly proportional to the possible amount of fuss and pampering that's on offer :sneaky:

Think I pushed too far yesterday in my quest to be kneeling soon and there is some mild discomfort today. Back to work on Monday where I'm led to believe I will hit the ground running :(

Uncle Kram

Post by Uncle Kram »

Hamster;538161 wrote: Krammy why am I so tired?
Has Roger been delivering the groceries at 138 beats per minute again?:-3

Good heavens man, the wench is with child. Let her sit down and put her fetus up :rolleyes:

Uncle Kram

Post by Uncle Kram »

Rapunzel;538165 wrote: My hair is getting very long. Should I cut it?

I thought I could use it as stuffing in cushions and pillowcases for when guests come around. Whaddaya think? :rolleyes:
I cannot advise you strongly enough to refrain from a haircut Rappy. If this came to pass, how on earth would the Rappy fan club get to the top of that tower for their annual convention in the 2nd week of March?. Just ask that husband of your nicely and I'm sure he wouldn't mind plumping your cushions ;)

Return to “ForumGarden Hotel”