open minds room with open planning

Odie

Post by Odie »

OpenMind;1229284 wrote: Thank you, Odie.

Do you know, when I turned 50, I consciously said to myself, "Well, I'm obviously not meant to have had any children, and, at 50, it wouldn't be fair on the child". A partner from earlier in my life proved that I was infertile when she tried to foist some other guy's child onto me.

I was shocked when Arabella's mother announced her pregnancy. But my natural feelings for Arabella surprised me. I felt nothing for the child that was foisted on me as mine whereas I began developing feelings for Arabella before she was born. Strange that! Neither did it occur to me that I would become fertile.

I doubt I would have felt anything if someone had thrown someone else's baby on me either.................

weird though after all these years your now fertile?
Life is just to short for drama.
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Odie;1229341 wrote: I doubt I would have felt anything if someone had thrown someone else's baby on me either.................

weird though after all these years your now fertile?

When I moved to Bedford in 1998, I'd found somewhere where I could settle down and I began taking proper care of my health. That's gone out of the window now as I've been struggling to keep my head above water since Arabella's mother evicted me.

Clearly, while looking after myself, I must have improved my fertility. I expect it's gone off again now.
Odie

Post by Odie »

OpenMind;1229420 wrote: When I moved to Bedford in 1998, I'd found somewhere where I could settle down and I began taking proper care of my health. That's gone out of the window now as I've been struggling to keep my head above water since Arabella's mother evicted me.

Clearly, while looking after myself, I must have improved my fertility. I expect it's gone off again now.

My health has also gone out the window since Mike left, so I know how you feel.
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Odie;1229421 wrote: My health has also gone out the window since Mike left, so I know how you feel.

I can understand that. A break up leaves you looking inward or outward. You should pamper yourself and do things to make yourself feel good again and see your friends, get out and all that.

At first, I had nowhere to store food or to cook. At the last place, I had no fridge. Here, I just need enough money to buy the proper food regularly. Everything is so much more expensive too despite this damned recession. I personally prefer a vegetarian diet over meat.

I've also lost a few items over this period of time, especially while living over the pub. So, it's just a matter of time for me now.

But I'm very run down now which means I've got further to go to get fit again.
Odie

Post by Odie »

OpenMind;1229515 wrote: I can understand that. A break up leaves you looking inward or outward. You should pamper yourself and do things to make yourself feel good again and see your friends, get out and all that.

At first, I had nowhere to store food or to cook. At the last place, I had no fridge. Here, I just need enough money to buy the proper food regularly. Everything is so much more expensive too despite this damned recession. I personally prefer a vegetarian diet over meat.

I've also lost a few items over this period of time, especially while living over the pub. So, it's just a matter of time for me now.

But I'm very run down now which means I've got further to go to get fit again.

yeah....feeling kinda shell-shocked the most part, but I have accomplished alot and learnt how to do thing on my own without him, and also gained my independance back.....and all that feels good.

food is expensive, its to bad you don't have cheaper stores over there like we do here.

I try and walk everyday now and that just makes me feel good and gives me more energy for the many things I have to do now.

well make this......together!
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Odie;1229595 wrote: yeah....feeling kinda shell-shocked the most part, but I have accomplished alot and learnt how to do thing on my own without him, and also gained my independance back.....and all that feels good.

food is expensive, its to bad you don't have cheaper stores over there like we do here.

I try and walk everyday now and that just makes me feel good and gives me more energy for the many things I have to do now.

well make this......together!

We sure will at that.:-6:-6
Odie

Post by Odie »

OpenMind;1229758 wrote: We sure will at that.:-6:-6

how is the new contract?
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Odie;1229845 wrote: how is the new contract?

In a word, it's crap.:D

Still, it's better than nothing so I am grateful. But it's sure tiring. I've had trouble sleeping too this week.
Odie

Post by Odie »

OpenMind;1229906 wrote: In a word, it's crap.:D

Still, it's better than nothing so I am grateful. But it's sure tiring. I've had trouble sleeping too this week.

sleeping problems are common when just starting a job.

if you need any suggestions...let me know.
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Odie;1229999 wrote: sleeping problems are common when just starting a job.

if you need any suggestions...let me know.

You can give me the winning numbers for the lottery this weekend.

It won't help me sleep but I won't care.:D
Odie

Post by Odie »

OpenMind;1230063 wrote: You can give me the winning numbers for the lottery this weekend.

It won't help me sleep but I won't care.:D

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Odie;1230152 wrote: :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

I love your fluffy chick.:-6
Odie

Post by Odie »

OpenMind;1230155 wrote: I love your fluffy chick.:-6

oh thank you.....seems a lot of folks do, I find her so cheery!
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Odie;1230158 wrote: oh thank you.....seems a lot of folks do, I find her so cheery!

It's soppy - but it makes me grin.:D
Odie

Post by Odie »

OpenMind;1230162 wrote: It's soppy - but it makes me grin.:D

as long as your happy, I'm happy!
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Odie;1230163 wrote: as long as your happy, I'm happy!

I'm content today. I was able to buy some baccy.:-6
Odie

Post by Odie »

OpenMind;1230164 wrote: I'm content today. I was able to buy some baccy.:-6

did you have bacon sandwiches?
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Odie;1230165 wrote: did you have bacon sandwiches?

Er no. My money won't stretch to bacon just yet. It'll be corned beef sarnies for work next week.:D
Odie

Post by Odie »

OpenMind;1230170 wrote: Er no. My money won't stretch to bacon just yet. It'll be corned beef sarnies for work next week.:D

so what is baccy?
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Odie;1230173 wrote: so what is baccy?

Oh. It's tobacco, the hand rolling variety.:D
Odie

Post by Odie »

OpenMind;1230174 wrote: Oh. It's tobacco, the hand rolling variety.:D

oh okay!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Odie;1230180 wrote: oh okay!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

I've been on dog ends for the last four days.
pinkchick

Post by pinkchick »

OpenMind;1230182 wrote: I've been on dog ends for the last four days.

Pardon? :thinking::p
Very nearly perfect ... :D
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

pinkchick;1230189 wrote: Pardon? :thinking::p

I said, "I've been on dog ends for the last four days".
pinkchick

Post by pinkchick »

OpenMind;1230209 wrote: I said, "I've been on dog ends for the last four days".
I thought that's what you said :wah:

Can you tell me what that means please? :p
Very nearly perfect ... :D
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

pinkchick;1230211 wrote: I thought that's what you said :wah:

Can you tell me what that means please? :p

Dog ends are left over smoked cigarette ends. There's always a bit of tobacco left in them which you can make more roll ups out of.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

OpenMind;1230174 wrote: Oh. It's tobacco, the hand rolling variety.:D I went in the Post Office early this morning in the village and he said you should have it tomorrow at the latest. If It doesn't arrive by monday please let me know as I've just watched our local tv and Bristol Postal is on strike......AGAIN :-5 The post master said I sent it before the strike so It should arrive, no problem. :-6
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

oscar;1230232 wrote: I went in the Post Office early this morning in the village and he said you should have it tomorrow at the latest. If It doesn't arrive by monday please let me know as I've just watched our local tv and Bristol Postal is on strike......AGAIN :-5 The post master said I sent it before the strike so It should arrive, no problem. :-6

I will. Nowadays, I find the postal service is pretty good compared to what it was like in the past. I was beginning to wonder though if it's been confiscated.
Odie

Post by Odie »

OpenMind;1230320 wrote: I will. Nowadays, I find the postal service is pretty good compared to what it was like in the past. I was beginning to wonder though if it's been confiscated.

hmmm someone told me it was.......but it wasn't.......god I hate when people lie.:lips:
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Odie;1230322 wrote: hmmm someone told me it was.......but it wasn't.......god I hate when people lie.:lips:

Our postal service had to sharpen up because of competition.
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

oscar;1230232 wrote: I went in the Post Office early this morning in the village and he said you should have it tomorrow at the latest. If It doesn't arrive by monday please let me know as I've just watched our local tv and Bristol Postal is on strike......AGAIN :-5 The post master said I sent it before the strike so It should arrive, no problem. :-6

Oscar, the package arrived just before I left for the sorting office to get Arabella's package. I had to smile at the postie. He said, "Your surname's not Om then?":wah: Thank you very much for those. I was only expectging 1 pack.

I've just got back from the sorting office. I haven't opened the parcel yet but I will do in a mo.:-6
Odie

Post by Odie »

OpenMind;1230335 wrote: Oscar, the package arrived just before I left for the sorting office to get Arabella's package. I had to smile at the postie. He said, "Your surname's not Om then?":wah: Thank you very much for those. I was only expectging 1 pack.

I've just got back from the sorting office. I haven't opened the parcel yet but I will do in a mo.:-6

geez your slow, I would have had that ripped open in a sec!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Odie;1230366 wrote: geez your slow, I would have had that ripped open in a sec!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

I like to build up the tension and anticipation.:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Odie

Post by Odie »

OpenMind;1230375 wrote: I like to build up the tension and anticipation.:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

I would have as soon as the parcel came!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

so happy for Arabella tomorrow.:-6

and you.......xo
Peter Lake

Post by Peter Lake »

OpenMind;1230335 wrote: Oscar, the package arrived just before I left for the sorting office to get Arabella's package. I had to smile at the postie. He said, "Your surname's not Om then?":wah: Thank you very much for those. I was only expectging 1 pack.

I've just got back from the sorting office. I haven't opened the parcel yet but I will do in a mo.:-6 We are so pleased to hear you got them. We just hope Arabella likes the toys and you have a wonderful day with her. :-6
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Peter Lake;1230390 wrote: We are so pleased to hear you got them. We just hope Arabella likes the toys and you have a wonderful day with her. :-6

I am very sure she's going to love them. I'm just finishing my lunch but I've got some wrapping paper that I managed to salvage out of my last home and I will wrap them for her in a moment. I'm really looking forward to watching her open them tomorrow and I shall have my camera at the ready. I've decided that I will put the batteries in before wrapping them. Nothing worse than waiting for some grown up fiddling about when you are waiting to get at them.:wah:

I am deeply grateful to you both. Thank you, both of you.:-6:-6
Peter Lake

Post by Peter Lake »

OpenMind;1230394 wrote: I am very sure she's going to love them. I'm just finishing my lunch but I've got some wrapping paper that I managed to salvage out of my last home and I will wrap them for her in a moment. I'm really looking forward to watching her open them tomorrow and I shall have my camera at the ready. I've decided that I will put the batteries in before wrapping them. Nothing worse than waiting for some grown up fiddling about when you are waiting to get at them.:wah:

I am deeply grateful to you both. Thank you, both of you.:-6:-6 We are just relieved they got there in time for her next visit and hope she likes the choice. We have added Arabella to our Christmas gift list also. Your very welcome Roger. :-6:-6:-6
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Peter Lake;1230400 wrote: We are just relieved they got there in time for her next visit and hope she likes the choice. We have added Arabella to our Christmas gift list also. Your very welcome Roger. :-6:-6:-6

I've wrapped them now. I left the power switch on one of them on purpose for her. But it started playing by itself after I'd wrapped it and went on for quite a while. Fortunately it stopped. I thought I was going to have to rewrap it for a moment.

I've checked the charge on the camera's battery and it's good.
Odie

Post by Odie »

oh batteries, this means it moves, or sings, or climbs or plays tunes.

have a great day tomorrow!:guitarist:guitarist
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

OpenMind;1230556 wrote: I've wrapped them now. I left the power switch on one of them on purpose for her. But it started playing by itself after I'd wrapped it and went on for quite a while. Fortunately it stopped. I thought I was going to have to rewrap it for a moment.

I've checked the charge on the camera's battery and it's good.I got you something else today so can you just confirm your address by text again to make sure I remember right? I'll post it first thing monday morning. Just a small some-thing for you to treat yourself. :-6
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Odie;1230568 wrote: oh batteries, this means it moves, or sings, or climbs or plays tunes.

have a great day tomorrow!:guitarist:guitarist

Well, yeah, but I was referring to my camera that I'm going to use to video her with.;) The only bit on my camera that moves is the lens and the shutter button. It doesn't sing unless I video people singing and replay it from the camera. It has no climbing gear. It does make noises, but they're not very tuneful.:p:D
Odie

Post by Odie »

OpenMind;1230630 wrote: Well, yeah, but I was referring to my camera that I'm going to use to video her with.;) The only bit on my camera that moves is the lens and the shutter button. It doesn't sing unless I video people singing and replay it from the camera. It has no climbing gear. It does make noises, but they're not very tuneful.:p:D

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Odie

Post by Odie »

what time is it there?
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Odie;1232659 wrote: what time is it there?

Where there?

It's 21:18 where I am.
Odie

Post by Odie »

OpenMind;1232663 wrote: Where there?

It's 21:18 where I am.

so its 11:30 pm there and 4:30 pm here.

so your 7 hours head of me?
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Odie;1232666 wrote: so its 11:30 pm there and 4:30 pm here.

so your 7 hours head of me?

No. 21:00 less 12 = 9. :wah:

3 hours to 24:00 less 18 minutes. Less 32 minutes now.:)
Odie

Post by Odie »

OpenMind;1232674 wrote: No. 21:00 less 12 = 9. :wah:

3 hours to 24:00 less 18 minutes. Less 32 minutes now.:)

I have no idea what you mean!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Odie;1232761 wrote: I have no idea what you mean!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

It means I'm 5 hours ahead of you.:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Odie

Post by Odie »

OpenMind;1232850 wrote: It means I'm 5 hours ahead of you.:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

see, now its simple!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl