The Papal Visit

yaaarrrgg

The Papal Visit

Post by yaaarrrgg »

xyz;844006 wrote: That's very true, but surely an organisation that claims to have been the sole valid authority on Earth for two millennia should have worked out something by now!

Well, that's true. It certainly raises the probability of malicious intent.
yaaarrrgg

The Papal Visit

Post by yaaarrrgg »

Ted;844193 wrote: Another point to make is that anyone who thinks they have all the answers is living in a delusion.

Shalom

Ted:-6

I'd agree with that. What is in fact disturbing to me about the current pope is that he has in recent memory been disparaging other faiths ... moving more in the direction of exclusivism.

The new pope has declared all other Christian denominations as illegitimate IIRC. To me, this indicates the pope believes he hold all the answers on matters of faith, and perhaps is delusional?
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

The Papal Visit

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Ted;844193 wrote: xyz has not responded to my question. Also he keeps using the term "we" but I'm not the least bit sure who this "we" is.

Another point to make is that anyone who thinks they have all the answers is living in a delusion.

Shalom

I just gave up even trying. After so many refusals to answer a straight question there is no point trying to hold a discussion.

That's two of them joined this month with exactly the same MO - not worth the effort to get through the rudeness and ignorance.
Ted

The Papal Visit

Post by Ted »

Bryn Mawr:-6

Right on.

Shalom

Ted

The Papal Visit

Post by Ted »

yarg:-6

I know what you mean. I'm withholding my opinion on this pope and taking a wait and see attitude. He does seem to have changed in some areas.

Shalom

Return to “General Religious Discussions”