it does not get stupider~

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

i went to a very well-known and respected supermarket this morning. in the bakery case they had their own homemade cupcakes WITH GLASS ORNAMENTS INSERTED IN THE ICING!:eek: that's right, brightly colored glass ornaments. very attractive to kiddies or the tort-minded. i found the manager and told him he was lucky i'm honest. he was mortified. and blaming the bakery manager...well guess where the buck stops pal? ....any more stupid stories at this festive time?
valerie

Post by valerie »

Even if the glass didn't actually BREAK or anything... it still doesn't make

sense because the moisture in the frosting could leach out little bits of

color from the ornaments... and you gotta know THAT ain't safe!
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

i came close to calling corporate headquarters, this is a big chain. i'm visiting another one of their stores tomorrow to see if they're doing the same asinine thing. i kept thinking of some three-year old biting into it. :(
valerie

Post by valerie »

That's okay, Snoozie. We understand. We still luv ya!

:yh_rotfl
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

SnoozeControl wrote: This doesn't say much for my intelligence, but I tried eating a plastic decoration on a cake before.:-2but how old were you? if they are still selling them i am buying them and calling headquarters.
Jives

Post by Jives »

Ahhh... good old fashioned glass-and-food mixing. How that brings back memories of the good old days, when you could find frozen, icy sidewalks at the old folks home and anti-freeze puddles at the vet's office.

Now please excuse me, I have to go smear honey on my child's face. We're going to Yellowstone today to see the bears.:-2
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

SnoozeControl wrote: Er... this was about two years ago.i was going to snicker at you, but you prove my point. Jives you are twisted. :cool:
Uncle Kram

Post by Uncle Kram »

SnoozeControl wrote: Does anyone remember wax fruit? They were very popular in the 60s... anyway, I had a friend that grabbed an apple and nearly lost her teeth. I practically wet myself laughing. Ah, the good old days. Remember laughing so hard, you had whatever you were drinking come out your nose? I've never had that happen once I got older than about 10.
You wanna try laughing through your nose when you've got a mouthful of half chewed peanuts. The memory almost makes my eyes water. Made some distressed animal noises during the removal process as I recall

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
venus

Post by venus »

I had a similar thing happen

Two years ago we were given a box of christmas biscuits from a neighbour, good ones too, from a respectable supplier.

I bit in to one and thought l had chipped a tooth, when l spit it out to check there was a shard of glas in my hand.....:-2

Needless to ssay they got a roasting via phone and letter...

I wasnt hurt, but all l could think was if a child hads done it they would have kept chewing....:mad:
take a bite out of life it's there to be tasted!!
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

Following on from the glass story....

There used to be a tv cookery programme on here called something like "Two Fat Ladies" where these two...ahhh...larger than life...ladies cooked up traditional foods. On this particular programme they made a traditional christmas pudding with a "lucky" silver (well, silver-coloured) token in it, which they proceeded to sell at a local school Christmas Fayre. They DIDN'T warn people that they had put the token in and so that particular piece was eaten by an unexpecting little Indian boy. The poor child broke his tooth and his mouth was bleeding from the sharp token that he had bitten down on. These two stupid women, instead of apologising, complained that the lad should have known that there may be a token in his food! Not only would a child not be expecting this, but particularly a child who has no idea of our custom of putting a token in the pud 'for luck'! I was SO angry at the stupidity of these women! I wish the boy's mother had sued them for every penny they had! grrr!

Another story is from my inlaws. My brother-in-law was hated by his work colleagues (understandably so, he's an arrogant arse!) so they gave him a piece of someone's birthday cake...and slid a razor blade inside it!

However, he didn't want the cake and so took it home to his mum - who took a big bite! She wasn't a happy bunny!! My bro-in-law may deserve a daily kick-in-the-arse, but no one deserves something as horrible as that!
Uncle Kram

Post by Uncle Kram »

I had the same thing in some cheese once. I thought Blimey, this tastes sharp

chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Boy, what a bunch of meanies. Even the mardi gras bread they bake, with the baby and the beads in it, nowdays they put them on the top and not inside, so someone doesn't eat them. And they are plastic too last time I bought one.
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

Uncle Kram wrote: I had the same thing in some cheese once. I thought Blimey, this tastes sharp

Uncle Kram

Post by Uncle Kram »

He He It's a cracker - It's the way I type 'em

Return to “Societal Issues News”