fornication

Discuss the Christian Faith.
Saffron

fornication

Post by Saffron »

Recently, the man who I've been seeing where I live (in a Baptist shelter) was told by the Pastor that he needs to get up in front of the entire congregation and ask for forgiveness for "fornicating" (with me). He didn't say who it was, but the people who were in church pretty much know it is me who he has been sleeping with. He did this last night, and asked to be forgiven by the congregation and for God to forgive him. He told me Saturday afternoon (after we had spent the morning making love) that the Pastor told him he needed to do this. The Pastor does not know that we had just had wonderfully god sex a few hours before he talked to him about it.

The Pastor actually asked me Friday if we were having sex. And I told him the truth. YEs. Then he wanted a lot of details, which I didn't like to divulge.

What is strange is that Christians seem to be able to say "please forgive me" and then will continue to do the same thing. I found the whole thing sick. And what is worse is that the man also has another woman who he is seeing who knows nothing about me. And so everyone could just also assume that it was her who is is referring to in church last night (so he says).

My girlfriend who lives there also said that he is only going to wait until thing dies down and them "pick up the reins again" with me. He has already come into the kitchen yesterday morning before church and kissed me. Come into where I was sleeping and chatted with me. And also this morning we drove to the DMV for him to get his license renewed. (I had to pick him up around the corner so that nobody would see us leaving together). He says to me that he doesn't know what is going to happen. And several times has said that he doesn't know at this point what he is going to do. But I believe that is position there at the church has been in jeopardy now. And I heard that there are other men who would like to see him gone. He is the Pastor's right-hand man, even does the church services when the Pastor is not there. And he runs the bible study program. This was how I met him, by going to his bible study.

This may sound mean, but the Pastors' wife is friends with this other woman who he has known for apparently longer than I. And everyone says that the wife is going to tell her about me and what has been going on with he and I. Here is the mean part, I hope she does find out. We have been seeing each other for months now, and we have slept together many many more times than he has been with her. He left with her about 1 1/2 months ago and stayed out with her (having sex no doubt). But he tells me that he spends all of his time with me when he is not working. And that he only sleeps with her every 4 months or so.

About a month and a half ago he asked if we could have a "serious talk" and so he told me that he has been beginning to have "really strong feelings" for me. And that he still has this other woman who comes around and calls him a lot. We talked about that for a while, but nothing was resolved. I have been praying for God to help me with this.

My close friends say that they can see that he is very possesive of me and watches me closely and seems to get very worried when he does not know what I am thinking. He comes looking for me when he doesn't know where I am. And on and on. Last night there was a good-looking man sitting behind me in church. He was watching me a lot. He has a jealous streak too.

I know all of this sounds bad, and I'd really like to get out of where I am living. I am saving money and trying to get stable in a job somewhere. But it is so hard. And he actually makes living there bearable for me. (except when that other woman comes there to see him or calls him). I get very upset. And that was what made it evident to other people there that there is something going on between us. She was there a week ago and he had gone with her for a few hours while I was at work, coming back about 8:45 p.m. And I was upset, it was obvious to others, who went to the Pastor and told him. :-5

Your Kitty Forum

My Website
Saffron

fornication

Post by Saffron »

flopstock wrote: Run, do not walk..to the nearest exit girl!

You are being used and used bad, IMO.

#1. Tell the preacher that you MAY give him details after he gives you details about him and the wife~:p

#2. This fella who cares so much for you, yet in effect gave you up in front of everyone you know... **** him and the horse he rode in on~:mad: I want a guy that puts being protective of me ahead of his standing with a pastor..yikes!

#3. This 'good' christian man, is boffing two of you ladies and the other lady doesn't know? Yeah okay! You supposed to be keeping things quiet? I would think so. So, you know about one... are there perhaps others you don't know about? I think maybe you should 'confess' in front of the ladies group...ya know..cleanse your soul too...:rolleyes:
I know sometimes it's frightening. But I have nowhere else to go.:(

Oh and another thing, the Pastor then told everyone that NOBODY was allowed to speculate on who it was (me) or they would be kicked out of there.
Your Kitty Forum

My Website
Uncle Kram

fornication

Post by Uncle Kram »

Saffron wrote: Recently, the man who I've been seeing where I live (in a Baptist shelter) was told by the Pastor that he needs to get up in front of the entire congregation and ask for forgiveness for "fornicating" (with me). He didn't say who it was, but the people who were in church pretty much know it is me who he has been sleeping with. He did this last night, and asked to be forgiven by the congregation and for God to forgive him. He told me Saturday afternoon (after we had spent the morning making love) that the Pastor told him he needed to do this. The Pastor does not know that we had just had wonderfully god sex a few hours before he talked to him about it.

The Pastor actually asked me Friday if we were having sex. And I told him the truth. YEs. Then he wanted a lot of details, which I didn't like to divulge.

What is strange is that Christians seem to be able to say "please forgive me" and then will continue to do the same thing. I found the whole thing sick. And what is worse is that the man also has another woman who he is seeing who knows nothing about me. And so everyone could just also assume that it was her who is is referring to in church last night (so he says).

My girlfriend who lives there also said that he is only going to wait until thing dies down and them "pick up the reins again" with me. He has already come into the kitchen yesterday morning before church and kissed me. Come into where I was sleeping and chatted with me. And also this morning we drove to the DMV for him to get his license renewed. (I had to pick him up around the corner so that nobody would see us leaving together). He says to me that he doesn't know what is going to happen. And several times has said that he doesn't know at this point what he is going to do. But I believe that is position there at the church has been in jeopardy now. And I heard that there are other men who would like to see him gone. He is the Pastor's right-hand man, even does the church services when the Pastor is not there. And he runs the bible study program. This was how I met him, by going to his bible study.

This may sound mean, but the Pastors' wife is friends with this other woman who he has known for apparently longer than I. And everyone says that the wife is going to tell her about me and what has been going on with he and I. Here is the mean part, I hope she does find out. We have been seeing each other for months now, and we have slept together many many more times than he has been with her. He left with her about 1 1/2 months ago and stayed out with her (having sex no doubt). But he tells me that he spends all of his time with me when he is not working. And that he only sleeps with her every 4 months or so.

About a month and a half ago he asked if we could have a "serious talk" and so he told me that he has been beginning to have "really strong feelings" for me. And that he still has this other woman who comes around and calls him a lot. We talked about that for a while, but nothing was resolved. I have been praying for God to help me with this.

My close friends say that they can see that he is very possesive of me and watches me closely and seems to get very worried when he does not know what I am thinking. He comes looking for me when he doesn't know where I am. And on and on. Last night there was a good-looking man sitting behind me in church. He was watching me a lot. He has a jealous streak too.

I know all of this sounds bad, and I'd really like to get out of where I am living. I am saving money and trying to get stable in a job somewhere. But it is so hard. And he actually makes living there bearable for me. (except when that other woman comes there to see him or calls him). I get very upset. And that was what made it evident to other people there that there is something going on between us. She was there a week ago and he had gone with her for a few hours while I was at work, coming back about 8:45 p.m. And I was upset, it was obvious to others, who went to the Pastor and told him. :-5

Maybe this is why he's upset :-3

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
BabyRider

fornication

Post by BabyRider »

This sounds like a really bad soap opera....

How is it you live in a church shelter and have access to the internet?
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

BabyRider

fornication

Post by BabyRider »

flopstock wrote: Ya know, I wondered the same thing..lol

I do know a guy in a halfway house that uses the internet at the local library. So he's only on during the day for a few hours..
This story just seems incredibly far-fetched. Something here isn't right, and I'm having a hard time buying it.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Peg

fornication

Post by Peg »

Saffron wrote: Recently, the man who I've been seeing where I live (in a Baptist shelter) was told by the Pastor that he needs to get up in front of the entire congregation and ask for forgiveness for "fornicating" (with me). He didn't say who it was, but the people who were in church pretty much know it is me who he has been sleeping with. He did this last night, and asked to be forgiven by the congregation and for God to forgive him. He told me Saturday afternoon (after we had spent the morning making love) that the Pastor told him he needed to do this. The Pastor does not know that we had just had wonderfully god sex a few hours before he talked to him about it.

The preacher makes him stand in front of the church and ask for forgiveness and he is stupid enough to do it? The preacher wanted details on your sex life which you were smart enough not to give him? He is the pastor's right hand man and seeing two women? You know about this other woman and still sleep with him? Now I know why I stopped going to church!:-5
Ted

fornication

Post by Ted »

It sounds like a no-win situation to me. I wouldn't trust anyone there and leave ASAP.

If this stud is posessive now what would he be like if you were to marry him. Bad news and one hell of a life.

Shalom

Ted:-6
buttercup

fornication

Post by buttercup »

just before i clicked onto page 2 i was thinking - this is one for ted :)

waves to ted
Ted

fornication

Post by Ted »

buttercup:-6

Thanks.

Shalom

Ted

fornication

Post by Ted »

The whole concept of fornication is a puzzle. During the period before and after the presence of the historical Jesus it was acceptable for men to have more than one wife. It was also acceptable for a married man to have one to manny "concubines".

If I remember correctly King Saul had hundreds of concubines while he was married.

At least they understood most men. LOL

Shalom

BabyRider

fornication

Post by BabyRider »

Does it seem odd to anyone else that Saffron has not been back into this thread to refute anyone who's saying it's all a bunch of hooey?
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Ted

fornication

Post by Ted »

BR:-6

If she is playing games that is her problem not mine. It also calls into question anything else that she would say.

Shalom

BabyRider

fornication

Post by BabyRider »

I never said it was anyone's problem, just making an observation that she has not been back to expand on this totally unbelieveable story.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Peg

fornication

Post by Peg »

Why would you give this guy permission to cheat on you?
Bronwen

fornication

Post by Bronwen »

BabyRider wrote: How is it you live in a church shelter and have access to the internet?The first part was my question as I read the opening post; you beat me to it.

Internet access is not difficult, most libraries provide it, but why is she living in a Baptist shelter? You can't have it both ways. You can't depend on them for food and shelter without 'paying the piper'.

Saff, it's not my intention to demean you here, but how about getting a life, then you can fornicate (or not) as you will, or as your conscience dictates.

'Two, four, six, eight, everybody forn...' Never mind.
Accountable

fornication

Post by Accountable »

Bronwen wrote: The first part was my question as I read the opening post; you beat me to it.

Internet access is not difficult, most libraries provide it, but why is she living in a Baptist shelter? You can't have it both ways. You can't depend on them for food and shelter without 'paying the piper'.

Saff, it's not my intention to demean you here, but how about getting a life, then you can fornicate (or not) as you will, or as your conscience dictates.

'Two, four, six, eight, everybody forn...' Never mind.:yh_eyebro
cherandbuster

fornication

Post by cherandbuster »

BabyRider wrote: Does it seem odd to anyone else that Saffron has not been back into this thread to refute anyone who's saying it's all a bunch of hooey?

If she truly only has access to the internet through her local library, perhaps she hasn't been back yet . . .
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

abbey

fornication

Post by abbey »

The word Fornication always makes me giggle.
cherandbuster

fornication

Post by cherandbuster »

abbey wrote: The word Fornication always makes me giggle.

Me too, Abbs:)

It sounds so 'biblical', so proper.

Good sex isn't proper:sneaky:
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

Erinna1112

fornication

Post by Erinna1112 »

BabyRider wrote: I never said it was anyone's problem, just making an observation that she has not been back to expand on this totally unbelieveable story.
Oh, I don't know...given my (and your) experience with organized religion, I can totally see this happening. We both know there are people out there who let themselves be used like this, and people who would do the using. As for that "pastor"...yeah, I can put a few faces to that mentality.:mad:
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I swear by my life - and my love of it - that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. ~Ayn Rand

If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

A*M*E*N!
Erinna1112

fornication

Post by Erinna1112 »

cherandbuster wrote:

Good sex isn't proper:sneaky:
ROFL...I knew there was a reason I liked you. :D
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I swear by my life - and my love of it - that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. ~Ayn Rand

If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

A*M*E*N!
Bronwen

fornication

Post by Bronwen »

cherandbuster wrote: It sounds so 'biblical', so proper.I believe the Biblical term is 'lie with', which, of course, is ambiguous, perhaps purposely so.

Are they talking about fibbing or f---ing?

Edited to add:Another euphemism is 'know', also both Biblical and ambiguous: 'Adam knew his wife...'.

Well, at least he didn't marry a stranger.
Nomad

fornication

Post by Nomad »

SnoozeControl wrote: It doesn't seem very smart to abuse a situation where you're being given food and shelter... I would imagine it would be pretty tempting to toss someone out on her ass.:thinking:

My sentiments to a T. Your concerns should be

A. Getting a full time job and keeping it. (And if they dont want open toed shoes, deal with it)

B. Finding an apt. for yourself.

Then you can have sex with married men in the pews at church.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Lulu2

fornication

Post by Lulu2 »

"Originally Posted by abbey

The word Fornication always makes me giggle. "

++++++++++++ AND...it certainly got the attention of THIS new poster!

TWO, FOUR, SIX, EIGHT.....:wah:
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
Ted

fornication

Post by Ted »

When you read the ancient Hebrew and it says that "Ruth lay at the feet of Boaz." in the English it sure doesn't say that in the Hebrew. Ruth was a little higher up. LOL

Shalom

Lulu2

fornication

Post by Lulu2 »

Really? And what IS the genuine translation? Tell all!

Back when I was in Sunday school (I know....I know...it didn't "take,") we always wanted to read Solomon 8:8 and have the teacher explain how that chapter REALLY reflects Christ's love for the church.

Ummmm, hmmmmmmmmm! ;)
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
Ted

fornication

Post by Ted »

Lulu2:-6

LOL. Yes that is an accurate translation. I don't think that most Christians would like it to be translated without some small? changes. They might take it as a little uncouth. LOL

Shalom

Lulu2

fornication

Post by Lulu2 »

As I recall, many, MANY of the Biblical figures were somewhat lacking in the "couth" column! :wah:
Bryn Mawr

fornication

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Bronwen wrote: I believe the Biblical term is 'lie with', which, of course, is ambiguous, perhaps purposely so.

Edited to add:Another euphemism is 'know', also both Biblical and ambiguous: 'Adam knew his wife...'.

I assume that's just the modesty of the translators - I'd be interestred to know (in the non biblical sense) how the original Greek and Hebrew texts phrased it in a more literal translation.
Ted

fornication

Post by Ted »

I made one error. It should have been Solomon and not Saul. However, that does not change the situation.

Shalom

Bryn Mawr

fornication

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Ted wrote: I made one error. It should have been Solomon and not Saul. However, that does not change the situation.

Shalom

Teach me not to jump in before reading the whole thread
Ted

fornication

Post by Ted »

Bryn Mawr:-6

In Hebrew the word used is "shakab" . This means "to sleep with".

In the Greek the word "ginosko" is used. It is an Hebraistic euphemism which means to know carnally.

"Young's Concordance" plus lexicon.

The "Greek New Testament" plaus lexicon.

I think that both are quite clear.

Shalom

Bryn Mawr

fornication

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Ted wrote: Bryn Mawr:-6

In Hebrew the word used is "shakab" . This means "to sleep with".

In the Greek the word "ginosko" is used. It is an Hebraistic euphemism which means to know carnally.

"Young's Concordance" plus lexicon.

The "Greek New Testament" plaus lexicon.

I think that both are quite clear.

Shalom

Many thanks for that
Ted

fornication

Post by Ted »

Bryn Mawr:-6

BTW I checked the Hebrew in Ruth and it uses the word "shakab".

Since "shakab" means to sleep with then it means that is what Ruth did with Boaz. Like I said before some things have to be sanitized or they might look unchristian. LOL.

Shalom

Ted
Bryn Mawr

fornication

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Ted wrote: Bryn Mawr:-6

BTW I checked the Hebrew in Ruth and it uses the word "shakab".

Since "shakab" means to sleep with then it means that is what Ruth did with Boaz. Like I said before some things have to be sanitized or they might look unchristian. LOL.

Shalom

Ted

LoL indeed - reminds me of the "collectors" who sanitised the words because the "folk" cound not have been so vulger".
Accountable

fornication

Post by Accountable »

Bronwen wrote: I believe the Biblical term is 'lie with', which, of course, is ambiguous, perhaps purposely so.

:guitarist Getting to knoooow you. Getting to know all abooouuuutt yooouuuu ....
BabyRider

fornication

Post by BabyRider »

Erinna1112 wrote: Oh, I don't know...given my (and your) experience with organized religion, I can totally see this happening. We both know there are people out there who let themselves be used like this, and people who would do the using. As for that "pastor"...yeah, I can put a few faces to that mentality.:mad:
True, true....but something about this rings very false. Even knowing what can and does go on in organized religions and churches, something here does not fit. It's just my BS radar going berserk. And STILL no reply to refute or anything. Something here is a load of hooey.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Accountable

fornication

Post by Accountable »

I checked her history. It looks like she only posts every couple of weeks.
Bronwen

fornication

Post by Bronwen »

Accountable wrote: I checked her history. It looks like she only posts every couple of weeks.Are you implying that she's only let out that often?
Accountable

fornication

Post by Accountable »

Bronwen wrote: Are you implying that she's only let out that often?
I'm implying that she only posts every couple of weeks.

She probably hasn't read any of this thread yet.
AussiePam

fornication

Post by AussiePam »

Shakab - bet that's where we get "shack up" from!! Just kidding, Guys.

Johnny leaves the big family reunion dinner table and goes into the kitchen to find his Mum. Mum - what's fornication? Johnny - where did you hear that word? Aunty just said it. Mother thinks deeply then decides Johnny is old enough and gives him the sort of useful information more recent posts in this thread have conveyed. Johnny looks more and more puzzled. Mother stops. What exactly did Aunty say? She said 'Fornication like this, you'd think they'd serve decent wine'...
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

AussiePam

fornication

Post by AussiePam »

Probably just the aussie accent, Snooze!
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Bronwen

fornication

Post by Bronwen »

Accountable wrote: I'm implying that she only posts every couple of weeks.

She probably hasn't read any of this thread yet.Do you know her personally?

Return to “Christianity”