Winnebago Pyre

How's your day going? Are you having a great work day - or - a horrible one? Got complaints about your boss? Your co-workers? Your spouse or friends? This is the place to let it hang out.
along-for-the-ride

Winnebago Pyre

Post by along-for-the-ride »

My husband and I came home from work today to find that our '84 Winnebago, parked in our yard, had caught on fire. A faulty fuse-box inside was the culprit. A passer-by happened to look and saw the smoke and promptly called 911. The fire dept had to break into it to stop the fire. So there is shattered glass, torn screens, a black and smoky interior, and general mess. It is totaled. We already called our insurance company and the claims adjuster will contact us tomorrow. We are supposed to make a list of the items that were inside for the insurance company.

Thank goodness nobody got hurt and the passer-by noticed and made his call. The fireman said he tried to contact us at work....but we didn't get any message. So, surprise...surprise..when we pulled into the yard. I took a picture and tried to upload it here...but it's too big.

Sigh:-1 ......................we have some good memories of the Winnebago, especially of our trips to Florida. We sure did enjoy it.

So how was your day?
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Rapunzel

Winnebago Pyre

Post by Rapunzel »

What a horrible thing for you to come home to AFTR! Big hugs to you for your loss. :yh_hugs

But look on the bright side, sweetie, you have lots of wonderful memories of it from holidays past and at least your house is still safe and didn't catch fire too! :yh_sweat

Now you have to plan what to do with all that lovely insurance money!

You need a nice holiday to recover! :)
along-for-the-ride

Winnebago Pyre

Thanks for the condolences. :)

We really don't expect much insurance money from this incident. There really was not any personal item of great value inside....just camping stuff and summer clothes. No diamond tierras.:wah: Hubby and I are just "honest folk" and are just a little sick that this happened at all. We are glad that we weren't out camping somewhere and this happened while we were inside.

I am including a picture I took of the inside. The "demon" electrical box is in the center. Ugh!

Attached files
Rapunzel

Winnebago Pyre

Post by Rapunzel »

You poor love! A fire is the worst thing that could happen to any of us, IMO.

But as you say, at least you weren't in it at the time and you didn't have to make your way home with nothing but the clothes on your back. It could have been a much bigger nightmare, although thats little consolation for you now. :(

Big hugs to you. You're all safe and well, and thats what matters most! :yh_hugs
CheshireCat

Winnebago Pyre

Post by CheshireCat »

Oh wow! That's awful!

We had a house fire several years ago. The thing I remember is the smell. Oh it's terrible!

Luckily it didn't do any damage to the rest of your property! It could have been SO much worse.

Good Luck!
"My body is the earth but my head is in the stars."

God Bless BR!!!
along-for-the-ride

Winnebago Pyre

Thanks again!

I do feel for the folks who have lost alot more than we did to a fire.

Yes, that smokey smell and the black smut is awful.
Elouise

Winnebago Pyre

Post by Elouise »

:wah: along-for-the-ride wrote: My husband and I came home from work today to find that our '84 Winnebago, parked in our yard, had caught on fire. A faulty fuse-box inside was the culprit. A passer-by happened to look and saw the smoke and promptly called 911. The fire dept had to break into it to stop the fire. So there is shattered glass, torn screens, a black and smoky interior, and general mess. It is totaled. We already called our insurance company and the claims adjuster will contact us tomorrow. We are supposed to make a list of the items that were inside for the insurance company.

Thank goodness nobody got hurt and the passer-by noticed and made his call. The fireman said he tried to contact us at work....but we didn't get any message. So, surprise...surprise..when we pulled into the yard. I took a picture and tried to upload it here...but it's too big.

Sigh:-1 ......................we have some good memories of the Winnebago, especially of our trips to Florida. We sure did enjoy it.

So how was your day?

Loved the name of your thread..but so sorry for what happened....hope by now

you replaced it :)
along-for-the-ride

Winnebago Pyre

We just sent in the insurance papers, but the insurance field adjuster has yet to come out to survey the damage. She claims she has been so busy. We haven't cleaned-up on the inside waiting for her.
along-for-the-ride

Winnebago Pyre

Just an update---we received our insurance compensation today. More than I thought we would get.:) We may looking for a good used travel trailer to pull behind our Dodge truck. We have enough for a down payment. Dunno yet.
along-for-the-ride

Winnebago Pyre

Salvage came and picked up the Winnebago last week. We sold it to them for $200.00.

Now, we have a 1990 Jayco 5th Wheeler. We are getting it ready for vacation time later on this year.:D

Here's a pic....

Anyone else have a fifth wheeler?

Attached files

Return to “Welcome To My Day!”