Off to Detroit tomorrow

Been on a great vacation or location recently? Share with us your travels, your tips, great places to stay, and whatever else you can think of.
Bez

Off to Detroit tomorrow

Post by Bez »

flopstock wrote: Okay, it's a no go on the bikers. The guy i contacted has to work friday and the rest of the club is heading north early because of the holiday weekend.:(

He feels really bad, even though I told him not to!

Anyhoot, I am working on getting my 7 year old taken care of by gramma so that i can head over after work friday.

I don't know which is worse for pinky to hear.. that the bikers are all out of town or that I'm trying to make her be stuck with me..

I'm not a shopper..I'm not a drinker(but that works well 'cause someone has to drive, right?)...I'm not at all outgoing with folks I don't know REALLY well... oh yeah..pinky will have a grand old time..:p

The only thing I'm pretty darned sure of is that we can drop in and visit Babyrider at the rehab joint ...and come to think of it..that alone will make her trip well worth it! maybe we can even take dawn and mamarider out for lunch as a treat for them...yeah I'm a party animal alright..:wah:

Hey...she can't do better than meet up with you Floppy and the lunch with Dawn and mama sounds a great idea....a couple of hours to mellow out. :-4
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
sunny104

Off to Detroit tomorrow

Post by sunny104 »

how exciting! :-6

hope you have a great weekend! :-6
Betty Boop

Off to Detroit tomorrow

Post by Betty Boop »

Green with envy now, you get to meet Floppy too! :cool:

Off to Detroit tomorrow

Post by 911 »

So what's your flight schedule like? Do you go straight from Heathrow to Chicago or do you have a layover anywhere?

(Can you tell I'm not much of a flyer, I have no idea if Chicago is an international airport!) :wah:

I hope you have a smooth flight and a fun time in the states. Give Criss our warmest wishes.

And don't forget the souveniers!
When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before.

Mae West
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Off to Detroit tomorrow

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

Safe journey Pinky and have a great time.I hope you have a ball.:)
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
chonsigirl

Off to Detroit tomorrow

Post by chonsigirl »

Floppy, you are a gem.:-4

Pinky, you have a safe trip. Beams are coming for you, and BR and Floppy.
LilacDragon

Off to Detroit tomorrow

Post by LilacDragon »

911 wrote: So what's your flight schedule like? Do you go straight from Heathrow to Chicago or do you have a layover anywhere?

(Can you tell I'm not much of a flyer, I have no idea if Chicago is an international airport!) :wah:

I hope you have a smooth flight and a fun time in the states. Give Criss our warmest wishes.

And don't forget the souveniers!

If she is going to see BR, then Chicago had better be the layover! ;) I hope that she is flying into Detroit Metro!

I wish that I was working and had the resources. I would have offered to pick Pinky up at the airport.

Pinky - when you see BR tell her that she is in my family's prayers and we think about her every day.
Sandi

Erinna1112

Off to Detroit tomorrow

Post by Erinna1112 »

Wowzers, I can't believe it took me this long to find this thread :D

Pinky - I am not going to be in town myself this weekend, otherwise you would have at least had a couch to crash on for the night. I'm going to be in my usual weekends-that-kidlet-is-with-his-dad location...with my significant other. He lives on the west side of the state (Detroit is on the east) and so weekends are the only time we have to get together.

As for visiting Criss - I sure hope so. That's something that will need to be arranged with Mamarider, though. The rehab center enforces the "two at a time" rule fairly strictly, I've heard. But Floops can get in touch with Mamarider, and they can coordinate that.

I'll plan on being around for your mid-october visit, unless it's the weekend of the sixteenth - I have travel plans already for that weekend.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I swear by my life - and my love of it - that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. ~Ayn Rand

If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

A*M*E*N!

Off to Detroit tomorrow

Post by 911 »

LilacDragon wrote: If she is going to see BR, then Chicago had better be the layover! ;) I hope that she is flying into Detroit Metro!

I wish that I was working and had the resources. I would have offered to pick Pinky up at the airport.

Pinky - when you see BR tell her that she is in my family's prayers and we think about her every day.

OOOPPPPS.. .I meant Detroit
When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before.

Mae West
cherandbuster

Off to Detroit tomorrow

Post by cherandbuster »

And and extra THANK YOU to our:

PINKY

FLOPPY

DAWN

!!!
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

AussiePam

Off to Detroit tomorrow

Post by AussiePam »

Hugs and best wishes, Pinky!!! You'll bowl them all over with yer East Anglian sexy accent!!! Grin.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

minks

Off to Detroit tomorrow

Post by minks »

Lulu2 wrote: That's ok...I was just trying to help. You can use your ATM card, once you're here and get all the cash you need. Have you flown to the States before? What time do you leave/arrive? If you're going over the pole, it's very, VERY cool to watch the dawn/sunset. I hope it works for you, time-wise.

Bon Voyage Pink hug every FG'er you meet along the way baby!!!!

Lu2, I don't think she would be going over the pole would she, I mean from the UK to east coast USA? Not sure but I don't think she is landing far enough west? But no expert here.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
LilacDragon

Off to Detroit tomorrow

Post by LilacDragon »

flopstock wrote: ummmm... wanta play this weekend?:wah:

have mapquest, willing to divert...:p

I wish.

When Pinky comes back in October, I will make sure that MeTAL and I can get together with her (and anyone else who comes in) for at least a cup of coffee, though.
Sandi

MoreThanALover

Off to Detroit tomorrow

Post by MoreThanALover »

LilacDragon wrote: I wish.

When Pinky comes back in October, I will make sure that MeTAL and I can get together with her (and anyone else who comes in) for at least a cup of coffee, though.

What if someone doesn't like coffee?? I would love to!
Nomad

Off to Detroit tomorrow

Post by Nomad »

You should come to Minnesota (land of 10,000 lakes) (and Nomad) while your here. Id love to terrorize you in person. :-6
I AM AWESOME MAN
Nomad

Off to Detroit tomorrow

Post by Nomad »

flopstock wrote: You worm! Never invited me to Mosquitosota!:-1

Foopy !

When you knock me around it hurts and this is cyber city ! What would it be like for real ?:D :-4 Id love to meet you. Really.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Felinessa

Off to Detroit tomorrow

Post by Felinessa »

Bon voyage, Pinky. I wouldn't carry too much cash around if I were you. I don't think there are many places that don't take plastic, and the exchange rate is in your favour. I'd check your bank's policies on ATM withdrawals, though, since they may be higher for international. They're high enough when you use another bank's ATM :mad: ($1.50 per transaction in Canada). It might be worth slapping things on your credit card - I used mine at Heathrow and they didn't seem to over charge me much, if at all.

Secretly, I'm happy Floppy's taking care of you and showing you around. I'd be nervous if I went overseas, not knowing anyone, and being in the charge of biker guys :wah: Sorry, just my paranoid self, I'm sure they're decent people. But now you know you're in safe hands.

I don't think you'll go over the Pole, unfortunately. I go home overseas at least once a year, and I've usually flown over Greenland, but that's really all you get.

Good luck, be safe, and I hope you and your bags get there okay. Oh, and that your flight is kid-free :wah:
The power of MEOW
Uncle Kram

Off to Detroit tomorrow

Post by Uncle Kram »

Pinks, I've come to this late as I only got back last night. Your trip speaks volumes about the kind of person you are. We could all do with a Pinkster in our lives when things are low. Having been on 6 flights this week, I can tell you that security is tight and it's likely to be even more so on a trans-Atlantic flight out of Heathrow. Judging by the looks on everyones faces as they were being frisked, I'd say most people are happy that stringent checks are in place. Your sojourn will be bitter-sweet no doubt but take care and say hello to BR, Floopy and the Detroit Spinners. Top Girl :-4

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
chrisb84uk

Off to Detroit tomorrow

Post by chrisb84uk »

Pinky wrote: Hello guys!!!

I'm killing time at Heathrow at the mo.

Used the new fangled check in thingy which was fab, as it meant no standing in queues, yay!

After getting on a tube heading in the wrong direction, I eventually got off and made it onto the right one...DOH! I've always been crap at directions.:-3

Found a place I can smoke (phew!) and ended up sat next to some strange guy who kept smacking himself on the head with his phone...oookay, I'm moving away now, haha!

God the money goes down quick on these things!

I will ring Floops as soon as I land, and hopefully she'll let ya know I'm safe. It's Detroit that isn't....:D

I forgot my watch, so I have no idea what the time is..I have to keep asking people. I knew I'd forget summat, oh well, I'll manage!

I hope they have somewhere to buy toiletries when I get there, as I only have carry on lauggage, and you're not allowed soap, makeup, deoderant or anything in it...and I'm not being a total minger for the whole weekend!!!

Well, if they have web access at the hotel, I'll let ya know I'm there.

Byeeeeee!:D

Best of luck to you Pinky, and we all look forward to hearing from you when you touch down!! :)
Betty Boop

Off to Detroit tomorrow

Post by Betty Boop »

Hugs to you Pinky :-4 Have a great time, say hi to everyone for me!
Felinessa

Off to Detroit tomorrow

Post by Felinessa »

I'm sure that any drugstore carries toiletries and make-up.
The power of MEOW
chrisb84uk

Off to Detroit tomorrow

Post by chrisb84uk »

So our Pinky has just taken off as we speak. Do we know how long this flight is, or what time she is due to arrive??
spot

Off to Detroit tomorrow

Post by spot »

She has an hour yet before the flight leaves the ground, a change when she gets to the East Coast and lands in Detroit around 6pm local time after eleven hours combined flying and changing. She'll be through their passport control and onto the mean streets around the same world time old-fashioned UK pubs over here are throwing their customers out, so she'll feel right at home.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
chrisb84uk

Off to Detroit tomorrow

Post by chrisb84uk »

spot wrote: She has an hour yet before the flight leaves the ground, a change when she gets to the East Coast and lands in Detroit around 6pm local time after eleven hours combined flying and changing. She'll be through their passport control and onto the mean streets around the same world time old-fashioned UK pubs over here are throwing their customers out, so she'll feel right at home.

Ah ok so she hasn't left yet, my mistake. Thanks for the update Spot!!
spot

Off to Detroit tomorrow

Post by spot »

chrisb84uk wrote: Ah ok so she hasn't left yet, my mistake. Thanks for the update Spot!!I'm just amazed she found the right departure airport, to be honest. She got on an Eastbound tube train! It brings me out in a cold sweat just thinking about it.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
chrisb84uk

Off to Detroit tomorrow

Post by chrisb84uk »

spot wrote: I'm just amazed she found the right departure airport, to be honest. She got on an Eastbound tube train! It brings me out in a cold sweat just thinking about it.

Yep quite true, but thankfully she got there on time, safe and sound and that is the most important thing. I'm sure she just had to many things to think about, and made a simple mistake with the tube, (well unless she really is normally like that hehehe.)
LilacDragon

Off to Detroit tomorrow

Post by LilacDragon »

Oh, come on now!

Having spent some time at Detroit Metro in the last year, I can assure you that she will be just fine when she lands. And yes, she will be able to find a wide variety of toiletries.
Sandi

Erinna1112

Off to Detroit tomorrow

Post by Erinna1112 »

flopstock wrote: Okay whoa! Hold the bus!

We may be the 'wild west', but I think we have one or two places that will sell you soap and deoderant....although come to think of it...detroit..:thinking: ..

:D not too sure about makeup, I don't wear that either..
Hey!!!! *SOT*

If you guys are coming past the west side of the state, I'd love to hook up for a little while. Flops, ask my mother for my phone number. It's ok with me if you have that. She may want to call me and ask before she gives it out, but it's ok if you have it. I hope you're going to see this before you take off....
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I swear by my life - and my love of it - that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. ~Ayn Rand

If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

A*M*E*N!
spot

Off to Detroit tomorrow

Post by spot »

Oi, Pinkster! Are you not down on the ground by now? You'll tell whether you're in the US or Russia by the accents, the fur hats and the INTERNET TERMINALS.
CARLA

Off to Detroit tomorrow

Post by CARLA »

Oh I missed this thread all together...:-3 Boy this is fun is Pinkster there yet?? Has Floppy left yet?? are we there yet???
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

chonsigirl

Off to Detroit tomorrow

Post by chonsigirl »

I bet Pinky will be there soon, oh, this is exciting!
YZGI

Off to Detroit tomorrow

Post by YZGI »

Hey all you Canucks. Step outside and give a wave, she should be over you about now.
minks

Off to Detroit tomorrow

Post by minks »

YZGI wrote: Hey all you Canucks. Step outside and give a wave, she should be over you about now.

Woah I am way to far west but I thought about her :)

― Mae West
YZGI

Off to Detroit tomorrow

Post by YZGI »

Okay the Eastern French talkin Canucks then.
minks

Off to Detroit tomorrow

Post by minks »

YZGI wrote: Okay the Eastern French talkin Canucks then.

ah good clarification ahahahaha

― Mae West
chonsigirl

Off to Detroit tomorrow

Post by chonsigirl »

If she gets stuck in DC Floppy, tell me. I will go down and get her. The storm is really bad right now, it might be delayed.

I wish I would have known she was there!
minks

Off to Detroit tomorrow

Post by minks »

flopstock wrote: :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl so.....pinky called..

she's sitting in washington, having missed her connecting flight because they insisted on searching every item she brought with her...

she is catching the 9:30 and still needed to call the hotel she'd booked so that they didn't give her room away.

I offered to take care of that, of course they'd never heard of her..:wah:

so i got our girl a room with a jacuzzi... figure after the day she's had she can use one..

squared things with gramma and so i will be off for detroit with the sunrise..

sounds like a grand adventure ahead

― Mae West
spot

Off to Detroit tomorrow

Post by spot »

flopstock wrote: she's sitting in washington, having missed her connecting flight because they insisted on searching every item she brought with her...What did I suggest? A change of clothes in a small daysack and no hold luggage? I bet she's taken enough to start a shop. A finger-search of the entire daysack would have taken five minutes at most. I won't even start to wonder why they picked her out.

If she's stuck in DC overnight I bet she tries walking into town to see dawn come up over the Washington Memorial.
Rapunzel

Off to Detroit tomorrow

Post by Rapunzel »

Thanks for letting us know Floppy! :)

I thought she must be landing about now. She must be so fed up at missing her flight, but also grateful that they're being so security conscious!

You are a total sweetheart for letting us know and for getting her such a lovely room! My love to you and Pinky and all the Rider family. :-4 :yh_hugs

Nomad

Off to Detroit tomorrow

Post by Nomad »

Pinky wrote: Hello guys!!!

I'm killing time at Heathrow at the mo.

Used the new fangled check in thingy which was fab, as it meant no standing in queues, yay!

After getting on a tube heading in the wrong direction, I eventually got off and made it onto the right one...DOH! I've always been crap at directions.:-3

Found a place I can smoke (phew!) and ended up sat next to some strange guy who kept smacking himself on the head with his phone...oookay, I'm moving away now, haha!

God the money goes down quick on these things!

I will ring Floops as soon as I land, and hopefully she'll let ya know I'm safe. It's Detroit that isn't....:D

I forgot my watch, so I have no idea what the time is..I have to keep asking people. I knew I'd forget summat, oh well, I'll manage!

I hope they have somewhere to buy toiletries when I get there, as I only have carry on lauggage, and you're not allowed soap, makeup, deoderant or anything in it...and I'm not being a total minger for the whole weekend!!!

Well, if they have web access at the hotel, I'll let ya know I'm there.

Byeeeeee!:D

Your not really at the airport are you ? Your at home pretending ! I can tell. Oh pinkster...why the charade ?
I AM AWESOME MAN

Return to “Travel Vacation”