Cincinnati Bengals Superbowl XLI

Discuss all types of sports.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

As you all know, I created a thread last year about my predictions of the Cincinnati Bengals going 12-4, and that I ultimately believed they had what it took to get to the playoffs, as well as making a respectable run for Superbowl XL. I was called crazy by a few, and laughed at by some(You know who you are).

Well, Cincinnati went 11-5(Cincinnati benched all of their starters in the last game of the year to rest them for the playoffs and had lost to make their record one win shy of my prediction), and had ultimately ended up in the playoffs facing Pittsburgh in the AFC divisional wild card round, in which their star quarterback was injured on the second play of the game.

How relevant is that?

Well, considering that Carson Palmer had broke the Bengals' franchise record for touchdowns thrown with 32, and a passer rating of 101.1 for a single season in 2005 in only his second season of actually playing in the NFL, I would say very relevant in my own opinion. But that is all in the past, and there is no real way of knowing for sure if Cincy would have actually won that game against Pittsburgh, what is now the defending Superbowl Champions, and had gone on to win Superbowl XL. So to that I say Cincinnati met up to all of my expectations in '05, and more.

With the attention of all high profile NFL analysts, the Cincinnati Bengals may very well be the most anticipated team heading into the '06 season. What may be even more focused on is the question, whether or not Carson Palmer is going to be his old self again, being the Pro bowl quarterback that he is. I think Carson Palmer's first debut back from his injury in August 28th's preseason game against Green Bay, silenced even the most skeptical of doubters. Carson Palmer threw for 9-14 with 3 TD's and a passer rating of 136.9 in only a half of football. To add a cherry on top of an already stellar performance, Carson Palmer started the Bengals' last preseason game against Indianapolis, going 4-6 with 73 yards and a TD, with a passer rating of 147.9, only to be taken out with well over four minutes to go in the first quarter. With arguably the best wide receiving core in the NFL, and a smash mouth power running back like Rudi Johnson, I look for Cincinnati to sail to new heights with what I believe has the potential to be one of the greatest offenses to ever play the game. (Chad Johnson playing a significant role of course)

After focusing on their defensive problems of '05(with exception to turnover ratio of course) Marvin Lewis has made a few changes on the other side of the ball. With the new addition of Sam Adams at defensive tackle, Cincinnati looks to beaf up for containing the run. Marvin also expects Madieu Williams to make an impact this year, as his #1 safety was plagued with injury in '05. Marvin also acquired unrestricted free agent Dexter Jackson to fill the strong safety position for much needed back up in defending the pass. Tory James and Deltha O'neal are back at the cornerback slots, and hope to improve upon their stifling interception performances last year, as together they accumulated 15 picks.

With arguably the toughest schedule in 2006, I believe this year will be the year Cincinnati proves themselves as being one of the elite teams in the NFL, or will fade away back into the category as just another average team. I, however, remain optimistic. I predict another dazzling year from that offense that is just too much to handle, especially with a healthy Carson Palmer, this team is destined for the playoffs in 2006. In-fact, I am so optimistic, I am going to predict the Bengals go undefeated and win Superbowl XLI in Miami. I predict the best NFL team ever assembled in the history of the National Football League.

Hey, come on.....you cant blame me for being a fan.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Hey, come on.....you cant blame me for being a fan.

Sure I can. And I do. :)
I AM AWESOME MAN
Wolverine

Post by Wolverine »

I NEVER laughed. out loud.

Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view

Mind like a steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 states.

LilacDragon

Post by LilacDragon »

Pinky wrote: D'ya know, I still don't know much about it, but having watched some of the games on TV the other day when I was there, I can see why you guys like it so much...I got totally drawn in while I was waiting for Floopy!

Gotta get sky sports...

Just remember, Pinky - they wear padding on their butts!
Sandi

LilacDragon

Post by LilacDragon »

Pinky wrote: Damn! I should have groped one while I was there, just to find out what else is padded out :yh_giggle

Anything you might want to touch (or grope - knowing you!! LOL!!!) is padded or covered. You don't want anything "important" broken, do you?
Sandi

LilacDragon

Post by LilacDragon »

Pinky wrote:

Oh dear, I'm being really crude again! Poor K's thread has turned into a Pinky lustfest....:-3 :D

I'm sure you will be forgiven. It isn't like we all don't know how you think. :D
Sandi

K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Wolverine wrote: I NEVER laughed. out loud.

I believe you were one who called me crazy.....

One win shy of my prediction isnt so crazy now is it?
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Pinky wrote:

Oh dear, I'm being really crude again! Poor K's thread has turned into a Pinky lustfest....:-3 :D

Its ok, ive said my peice...

and no one has the tenacity to say that Cincinnati isnt a premier team in the league anymore, so as far as im concerned there isnt much else to say.

Except,

look for Cincy in the playoffs.

Return to “Wide World of Sports”