^ :wah: That is cute! :)
weber

It's me, Lord! Don't ya know me?

Post by weber »

weinbeck wrote: Every time I pass a church,

I pay a little visit,

So when at last I carried in,

The Lord won't ask "Who is it?":) :)

I like that weinbeck. Haven't been going to church but it wouldn't hurt to drop in. the only trouble is that around here, the churches are all locked except for masses/services.:confused:
miriam:yh_flower

Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.

.................Charles Mingus

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/enter.cfm?
rainbowsmiles

Post by rainbowsmiles »

^ Thats so true. So many churches now have to lock their doors because of the theft that goes on when they leave the sanctuaries open to walk-ins. :( It really is too bad. It is so nice to go into a church and just sit in silence.
naty2005

Post by naty2005 »

weinbeck wrote: Every time I pass a church,

I pay a little visit,

So when at last I carried in,

The Lord won't ask "Who is it?":) :)
I like that.
weinbeck

Post by weinbeck »

rainbowsmiles wrote: ^ Thats so true. So many churches now have to lock their doors because of the theft that goes on when they leave the sanctuaries open to walk-ins. :( It really is too bad. It is so nice to go into a church and just sit in silence.

For both you and weber. I work in London, down by the Tower of London, and my local church is directly opposite to where I work, so I pop in about three times a week. Although they have lunchtime Holy Communion a couple of times per week, I choose not to participate, preferring our own Communion at my local church (I am a practising Methodist). What I do like though, is the peace and serenity inside the building. Although I am not a Catholic, I always light a candle on behalf of those who put requests on a notice board up by the altar, many of which are in a foreign language, but it makes no difference - God knows every language, and you'll often find people of all nationalities in silent prayer. Although I have a local church which I attend every Sunday, this particular church holds special to me - it is where, at the nadir of my life, just on the edge of a nervous breakdown, I asked Jesus Christ to come into my life. That was the day that I was, quite literally, born-again. When you are really up against it, there is always one person who will NEVER let you down. Peace be with you,

Return to “Christianity”