Biblical Contradictions

Discuss the Christian Faith.
Ted

Biblical Contradictions

Post by Ted »

Atsila

Since I've just gotton over some serios surgery I don't have time for you nonsense. Once again you are wrong.

:-6 :-6

Shalom

Ted

Atsila--Ted Haggard! LOL
Erinna1112

Biblical Contradictions

Post by Erinna1112 »

Raven;448240 wrote: God gave you eyes that you refuse to see through. Faith comes by HEARING! And by HEARING the word of GOD! Revelation contains a curse for altering the words for petes sake!

Well, then, there's a whole lotta people with a hurt on someplace, because there is no way that document survived intact through centuries of copying by hand, by candlelight, under the command of people who had a vested interest in keeping the status quo. And I'd be willing to bet that the original wasn't in English.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I swear by my life - and my love of it - that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. ~Ayn Rand

If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

A*M*E*N!
Ted

Biblical Contradictions

Post by Ted »

Erinna:-6

According to B Ehrman there are some 400 variants among the NT documents alone. Damned hard to get all 400 000 of them correct.

Shalom

Ted:-6
guppy

Biblical Contradictions

Post by guppy »

whether it is totally right or wrong. think of where alot of people would be if they did not believe in it. i, myself, believe in doing good, being nice, and loving others. learned it in church. it aint all bad. it is the one place you can go and have social interaction that , for the most part, is happy, loving and giving. gives you a sense of community. a purpose, a direction. . ......
Ted

Biblical Contradictions

Post by Ted »

gyppy:-6

I would agree with you on that.

Shalom

guppy

Biblical Contradictions

Post by guppy »

Ted;451943 wrote: gyppy:-6

I would agree with you on that.

Shalom

thanks Ted!! i wish you a speedy recovery.:-6
guppy

Biblical Contradictions

Post by guppy »

i have thought and thought about this thread. you can either read the bible and find the good in it or not. you can argue the accuracy of the words till the cows come home and never settle this arguement.

:-6

as in all things, look for the good, what you can use, and let the rest go. .......
Erinna1112

Biblical Contradictions

Post by Erinna1112 »

guppy;451939 wrote: whether it is totally right or wrong. think of where alot of people would be if they did not believe in it. i, myself, believe in doing good, being nice, and loving others. learned it in church. it aint all bad. it is the one place you can go and have social interaction that , for the most part, is happy, loving and giving. gives you a sense of community. a purpose, a direction. . ......

This is not exclusive to organized religion. One does not have to go to church to obtain a set of values and ethics, or community, purpose or direction. In fact, my experience with organized religion is that it perverts such things.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I swear by my life - and my love of it - that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. ~Ayn Rand

If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

A*M*E*N!
guppy

Biblical Contradictions

Post by guppy »

Erinna1112;451974 wrote: This is not exclusive to organized religion. One does not have to go to church to obtain a set of values and ethics, or community, purpose or direction. In fact, my experience with organized religion is that it perverts such things.

very true Erinna, to each his or her own. look for what works for you and let the rest go. ......peace.

Return to “Christianity”