Christians and defence

Discuss the Christian Faith.
Ted

Christians and defence

Post by Ted »

I do notice that things are heating up nicely in and around North Korea. I do hope their leader is smarter than I give him credit for.

Shalom

Ted:-6
K.Snyder

Christians and defence

Post by K.Snyder »

Ted wrote: I do notice that things are heating up nicely in and around North Korea. I do hope their leader is smarter than I give him credit for.

Shalom

The controversy isn't whether or not Iran is seeking to go nuclear, which I'm sure you all know, but rather what the level of free trade China and N.Korea has that may dictate the possibility of Iran being able to go nuclear faster than anticipated. Which is stirring up worrisome speculation that N.Korea will in turn support all cause of Iran harboring nuclear weapons by such free trade. To add to the fact that N.Korean governmental ideals are considered unsound from that of the west in conjunction to a war that has been at a stalemate for the last 55+ years. Right?
Ted

Christians and defence

Post by Ted »

K.Snyder:-6

I can agree with that for sure.

Shalom

caesar777

Christians and defence

Post by caesar777 »

Surely if christianity is followed as intended, then countries run by christian governments should be pacifist. "If a man strikes your cheek, turn to him your other cheek that he might strike that also", or words to that effect. "If a man takes your cloak then give him your shirt". I've read the bible many times but cannot quote it chapter and verse. No doubt someone will correct me.
Accountable

Christians and defence

Post by Accountable »

caesar777;492799 wrote: Surely if christianity is followed as intended, then countries run by christian governments should be pacifist. "If a man strikes your cheek, turn to him your other cheek that he might strike that also", or words to that effect. "If a man takes your cloak then give him your shirt". I've read the bible many times but cannot quote it chapter and verse. No doubt someone will correct me.
I'm not sure that any country is run by a Christian government. I don't see how a truly Jesus-centric government could survive ... or even come into being.
K.Snyder

Christians and defence

Post by K.Snyder »

caesar777;492799 wrote: Surely if christianity is followed as intended, then countries run by christian governments should be pacifist. "If a man strikes your cheek, turn to him your other cheek that he might strike that also", or words to that effect. "If a man takes your cloak then give him your shirt". I've read the bible many times but cannot quote it chapter and verse. No doubt someone will correct me.

Yes, if I'm not mistaken it also speaks of vengeance as well.

I know one thing, if I get bombed by a nuclear warhead, I sure as hell am not going to offer up my children in response.
caesar777

Christians and defence

Post by caesar777 »

K.Snyder;493126 wrote: Yes, if I'm not mistaken it also speaks of vengeance as well.

I know one thing, if I get bombed by a nuclear warhead, I sure as hell am not going to offer up my children in response.

Wasn't that the old testament? I thought what Jesus himself said superseded that?

If people who think of themselves as christians (and muslims too for that matter) followed the teachings of their leader the world would be a much better place.
K.Snyder

Christians and defence

Post by K.Snyder »

caesar777;493228 wrote: Wasn't that the old testament? I thought what Jesus himself said superseded that?

If people who think of themselves as christians (and muslims too for that matter) followed the teachings of their leader the world would be a much better place.

It's easy to assume so, but as for my own observation, there will always be a lower common denominator, and until every person alive on the face of the earth show a little integrity someone will always be trespassed upon...I don't need to bring up the middle ages, and the fear the Church instilled into people, and their constant imposing in the demanding of money.

As far as I'm concerned it matters not what faith anyone has, it simply matters if that faith is able to ensure the longevity of each and every single persons personal morale standards and ability to show empathy followed by sympathy of those who deserve it most.
Raven

Christians and defence

Post by Raven »

It's a mute point till people stop killing in the name of God.
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
caesar777

Christians and defence

Post by caesar777 »

Raven;493372 wrote: It's a mute point till people stop killing in the name of God.

Unfortunately they have, for as long as there have been religions.

Jesus must be turning in his grave...:rolleyes:

Return to “Christianity”