Some Favorite Words

Discuss the Christian Faith.
Clint

Some Favorite Words

Post by Clint »

Is their a verse in the Bible that has special meaning to you?

This one has helped me more than once. I used to keep it on my desk to help me take the high road when that's not what I wanted to do.

Philippians 4:8

Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.

I should read it more often.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
skeeter2

Some Favorite Words

Post by skeeter2 »

an honorable tribute to your faith..

whats with the two guys you have on your intro?

where did you get the picture and why?

I bet more than one wonders about your choice.

There has to be a story behind it and your are a very good story teller...let us in on it too.

thanks..:-6
Clint

Some Favorite Words

Post by Clint »

skeeter2;452155 wrote: an honorable tribute to your faith..

whats with the two guys you have on your intro?

where did you get the picture and why?

I bet more than one wonders about your choice.

There has to be a story behind it and your are a very good story teller...let us in on it too.

thanks..:-6

As if you didn't know.:wah:

Check this link:

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/showt ... hp?t=19900

So, back to the thread. Is there a verse in the Bible that has special meaning to you?
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
Ted

Some Favorite Words

Post by Ted »

Micah6:8

"What does God require of you but that you do justice love kindliness and walks humbly with your God"

Shalom

Ted:-6
Clint

Some Favorite Words

Post by Clint »

Ted;452537 wrote: Micah6:8

"What does God require of you but that you do justice love kindliness and walks humbly with your God"

Shalom

Ted:-6

Paul's words to the Philippians sure have a lot in common with these words of Israel. So much of what Paul said came from Scripture it makes me wonder if he was inspired by Israel's words when he wrote to the Philippians.
daBunnyWendy7

Some Favorite Words

Post by daBunnyWendy7 »

Jeremiah 1:4-9

"Then the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee: and before thou camest

forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet

unto the nations. Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD! behold, I cannot speak:

for I am a child But the LORD said unto me, Say not, I am a child:

for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I

command thee thou shalt speak. Be not afraid of their faces: for I am

with thee to deliver thee, saith the LORD. Then the LORD put forth

his hand, and touched my mouth. And the LORD said unto me,

Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth."
Wendybunny

Everyone can make the world a better place!
guppy

Some Favorite Words

Post by guppy »

Clint;452032 wrote: Is their a verse in the Bible that has special meaning to you?

This one has helped me more than once. I used to keep it on my desk to help me take the high road when that's not what I wanted to do.

Philippians 4:8

Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.

I should read it more often.

clint; that is lovely.
beautyful

Some Favorite Words

Post by beautyful »

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not love, I am as a sounding drum, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not love, I am nothing. Love suffereth long, [and] is kind; love envieth not; love seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. Love never faileth: but whether prophecies, they shall fail; whether tongues, they shall cease; whether knowledge, it shall vanish away. And now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these [is] love.

1 Corinthians 13:1-13:-4
Clint

Some Favorite Words

Post by Clint »

beautyful;461608 wrote: Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not love, I am as a sounding drum, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not love, I am nothing. Love suffereth long, [and] is kind; love envieth not; love seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. Love never faileth: but whether prophecies, they shall fail; whether tongues, they shall cease; whether knowledge, it shall vanish away. And now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these [is] love.

Yessss!!:)
Clint

Some Favorite Words

Post by Clint »

beautyful;461608 wrote: Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not love, I am as a sounding drum, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not love, I am nothing. Love suffereth long, [and] is kind; love envieth not; love seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. Love never faileth: but whether prophecies, they shall fail; whether tongues, they shall cease; whether knowledge, it shall vanish away. And now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these [is] love.

Yessss!!:)
Shweet tatersalad

Some Favorite Words

Post by Shweet tatersalad »

It's on the last page:

The End.
Clint

Some Favorite Words

Post by Clint »

Shweet tatersalad;461936 wrote: It's on the last page:

The End.

That's something about the Bible that's interesting. There is a message in the fact that it declares its beginning but not its end. The last words are, "The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all. Amen."

Return to “Christianity”