Forum Members Solve Problem of Crime

koan

Post by koan »

MEMBERS OF ONLINE FORUM FIND SOLUTION TO CRIME

Shocking the sociological world, a small group from an online forum have managed to find the solution to both crime and the gay problem. Realizing that sex in jail helps spread AIDS through this undesirable community, they stumbled upon the solution that denying the prisoners condoms would help kill off the scourge of society. Though some might think the method of elimination cruel and unusual, aside from taking a potentially long time, they have thought it through carefully and realize that the longer it takes the criminals to die the larger the number of other undesirable people that will be killed along with them. It's a win-win scenario.

Realizing that some might find the solution unpalatable, Shweet replies that it is a good way to "thin the heard [sic] a little bit." When pointed out that this method might end up victimizing innocent people once the prisoners are released he had the incredibly valid point that "Perhaps you don't go too [sic] prison in the first place." It is this type of hard line reasoning that makes this solution so brilliant. Criminologists are dumbstruck that they didn't think of it themselves. "I'm with you on this one, Shweet" says Accountable, quick to realize the brilliance of the solution. The resident police official helpfully clarified that "sexual activity is an offense" and worried that "handing out condoms would appear to condone it". Flying in the face of prevention theory, this clever group has considered every aspect and the prison staff are quite excited. As to the men that are forcibly raped inside the jails, 911 offers "Oh, well..."
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Ditto Floppy, it is prison these people aren't boy scouts they are there because they have anti social behaviors. Do you think being issued a condoms would stop them from raping and killing each other, and passing on STD's.

Might work if they all had to line up and put it on after breakfast and leave it on till breakfast the next day...:-3 They could careless if they are spreading disease.

While were at it lets make sure they have their flu shot annually, and a colon cancer screening, let see what else can we do for our prisoners, that we have to pay and arm and leg for on the outside. :-5

I like Sweets idea of crowd thining, works for me.

[QUOTE]Have I missed the new trend in rape? Ya know, the one where, before forcibly raping someone else, the rapist has the foresight to don a condom to protect both the victim and themselves from possible health risks due to unsafe sex ?

Wow, I have been out of touch lately.[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

spot

Post by spot »

flopstock;466463 wrote: Really? On a routine basis or just the select, 'make the nightly news' occasion? Is there data somewhere collected on reported rapes that includes this information as a factual reference? Or is it another of those things that people just 'know'?Today's New York Times http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.h ... A962958260 discusses the issue, strangely enough.In what might be an unforeseen consequence of sex education, rapists are increasingly wearing condoms. Five years ago investigators would have been surprised by a victim's statement that her assailant used a condom. Today detectives, prosecutors and counselors say that it is no longer unusual.

[...] Rape counselors across the country say that patients routinely say that the man who attacked them used a condom. Rachel Ferencik, a counselor at the Grady Rape Crisis Center at Grady Hospital in Atlanta, said that it has become one of the first questions emergency-room doctors ask patients.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Do you think it might be for two reason they may be using condoms.

1. Avoiding arrest by not leaving evidence at the scene.

2. Not contracting an SDT from whom ever they rape.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

koan

Post by koan »

Lets not miss the point that rape is a planned out crime of violence not a spontaneous crime of passion. Even if the condom was always used to block DNA evidence it serves both purposes.
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

CARLA;466459 wrote: Ditto Floppy, it is prison these people aren't boy scouts they are there because they have anti social behaviors. Do you think being issued a condoms would stop them from raping and killing each other, and passing on STD's.

Not all people in prison are there for "reaqlly, really nasty crimes". Indeed, in the

UK, maybe 15% of people imprisoned have not been convicted of anything.
koan

Post by koan »

Diuretic;466487 wrote: It's not helpful to stereotype a crime like that. Yes some crimes of rape are meticulously planned and there are many reasons for that, not the least of which is the offender trying to ensure he escapes apprehension but you know of course that some take pleasure in detailed planning as it heightens the anticipation. Others are indeed spontaneous and not so much about passion as lust.

Yes, that is true. The violence, as opposed to passionate, nature is correct but sometimes it happens spontaneously...in normal society. I have a lot of trouble believing that in jail, date rape is something that happens. It's not like they are wandering around unsupervised.

In normal conditions I am certainly incorrect. In jail, however...
koan

Post by koan »

I'd like to hear more thoughts on this idea that AIDS is a good way of killing off the criminals in our society.
guppy

Post by guppy »

koan;466366 wrote: MEMBERS OF ONLINE FORUM FIND SOLUTION TO CRIME

Shocking the sociological world, a small group from an online forum have managed to find the solution to both crime and the gay problem. Realizing that sex in jail helps spread AIDS through this undesirable community, they stumbled upon the solution that denying the prisoners condoms would help kill off the scourge of society. Though some might think the method of elimination cruel and unusual, aside from taking a potentially long time, they have thought it through carefully and realize that the longer it takes the criminals to die the larger the number of other undesirable people that will be killed along with them. It's a win-win scenario.

Realizing that some might find the solution unpalatable, Shweet replies that it is a good way to "thin the heard [sic] a little bit." When pointed out that this method might end up victimizing innocent people once the prisoners are released he had the incredibly valid point that "Perhaps you don't go too [sic] prison in the first place." It is this type of hard line reasoning that makes this solution so brilliant. Criminologists are dumbstruck that they didn't think of it themselves. "I'm with you on this one, Shweet" says Accountable, quick to realize the brilliance of the solution. The resident police official helpfully clarified that "sexual activity is an offense" and worried that "handing out condoms would appear to condone it". Flying in the face of prevention theory, this clever group has considered every aspect and the prison staff are quite excited. As to the men that are forcibly raped inside the jails, 911 offers "Oh, well..."

may i point out that prisoners are tested for hiv. and given all the latest hiv meds out at the tax payers cost. You start out with five or six positives and as the months go by the numbers spread untill whole blocks are positive and on meds. :-3 Would you rather pay for a condom or hundreds of dollars of meds ?
koan

Post by koan »

flopstock;466628 wrote:

Personally, I like death in specific instances.

Sorry, floppy, just had to see that line on its own. Couldn't resist.

I agree with your whole post, except the paragraph that line came from. You make a lot of good, and what I think should be obvious, points. It seems weird to have to point certain things out to, what I consider to be, a rational community.
koan

Post by koan »

flopstock;466651 wrote: I knew you'd like that! I put it in especially for you girl!:wah: :wah:

Predictability. I hang my head in shame. :yh_rotfl

good one:o
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Just how much control does a high security prison have over it's inmates?

I'd always, naively, assumed that they were watched all of the time they were out of their cells and that they were in with the same cellmate(s) each night.

That doesn't give much scope for the rapid spread of STDs throughout the prison so where does the scenario break down?
Shweet tatersalad

Post by Shweet tatersalad »

jeez throw one random thought out there and panties are in bunch in record time.

As much as i love a good fight,i can't waste my talent on Pedophiles and the criminally insane.

So you all can duke it out yourselves.

but I urge you not too spend too much time on this,we more important things on here too talk about.
koan

Post by koan »

This comes from a site with articles written by prisoners.

Sexual interests doesn't stop because a person is imprisoned. This department is not about normal and consensual sex, only about the widespread incidence of rape in prison. Since most prisoners are men, that generally means homosexual rape. The rapists are sometimes other prisoners. It's almost as likely for the rapist to be a member of the prison staff. Staff rapists are almost never punished, just fired. Staff crimes are covered-up by officials. At the guards' so-called training academy in Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania, guards had a regular rape/sex ring where "trustees" were sexually assaulted. When prisoners complained, they were punished. When questioned, administrators hid behind the cover-story that the victims of the sexual assaults hadn't properly filed the useless institutional grievances. The guards involved are still abusing helpless prisoners.

The obvious criticism that prisoners might lie about prison guards. OTOH they could just as easily be telling the truth.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

:wah: This from the bitch that questions the agenda of a book on happiness. :wah:

Look, Koan. Why don't you go give all these poor slobs a hand, if you think that's what they need. Until then.

Yeh, Shweet, I agree with you!!
Shweet tatersalad

It seems prisons are different in the UK.

Here in America we treat too well,give them too many rights.
Shweet tatersalad

Accountable;467001 wrote: :wah: This from the bitch that questions the agenda of a book on happiness. :wah:

Look, Koan. Why don't you go give all these poor slobs a hand, if you think that's what they need. Until then.

He,HE,HE he said hand He he he
koan

Post by koan »

Accountable;467001 wrote: :wah: This from the bitch that questions the agenda of a book on happiness. :wah:

Why don't you just bitch slap me, Acc?

I fear your misguided notions will continue much longer than you suggest. At least you were 'got at' with style.
Shweet tatersalad

Thanx for seeing it my way AC.

I heard that in Texas,they have sped up the death penalty process.

Thats a good idea too.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Shweet tatersalad;467009 wrote: Thanx for seeing it my way AC.

I heard that in Texas,they have sped up the death penalty process.

Thats a good idea too.
Not sure how speedy it is, but it's probably pretty quick, compared to other states.
Shweet tatersalad

Accountable;467011 wrote: Not sure how speedy it is, but it's probably pretty quick, compared to other states.

The way Ron White says it,if three or more poeple see you do what you did you go too the front of the line.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

SnoozeControl;467020 wrote: Come on you two, can't you try for some pseudo-intellectual banter? I believe that's the theme of this thread. :rolleyes:
Sorry, my finesser is offline. I'll try harder.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

:wah: :wah: Ron White love him, and I agree..

[QUOTE]The way Ron White says it,if three or more poeple see you do what you did you go too the front of the line.[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

i watched this thread with some interest today, and was rather surprised that only few, if any, recognized the inherent insults and ridicule in the initial post. some did, but were intimidated from saying so. snippets of quotes were lifted out of context to facilitate a sarcastic put-down of peoples' comments in the 'aids' thread.
Shweet tatersalad

lady cop;467025 wrote: i watched this thread with some interest today, and was rather surprised that only a few recognized the inherent insults and ridicule in the initial post. some did, but were intimidated from saying so. snippets of quotes were lifted out of context to facilitate a sarcastic put-down of peoples' comments in the 'aids' thread.

I caught'em,just did not want too address them.There was enough rope there too hang a whale.
Shweet tatersalad

Ok,Thats a new way too look at it for me.:-2
Shweet tatersalad

flopstock;467050 wrote: Is he on the ballot for president? If not, we should start a petition drive..:D

I'm sorry but MY vote is too My one true god,George Carlin,but Ron can run with him as his vice.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Amen to that Carlin is the man..:wah:

[QUOTE]True.. for Carlin I would have to turn the TV on for the state of the union speech![/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

Shweet tatersalad

I would like too hear his take on this subject.

Perhaps i will e-mail him and see if i can get a response.
koan

Post by koan »

Back to reality.

Well, well, the gang's all here...the moment I log off. Funny how that works.

Out of context? I'm flabbergasted. Where? Which?

It might be noted that the headline is not arbitrarily underlined. It is, in fact, for those not anxious to be in denial, a link. A link back to the thread from which they came. Please, explain how they are out of context.

As if five or six on one wasn't big enough odds we have snooze no longer finding the summary amusing. What a shame that others can steal her sense of humour so.
spot

Post by spot »

SnoozeControl;467028 wrote: Well, I could be wrong but I think people were trying to turn a blind eye to a serious forum social gaffe.Oh, I so wish I knew how to commit a serious forum social gaffe. Contrasting the contrite penitent with someone drunk with the blood of the saints wouldn't do it, I suppose?

So synchronized dumping returns to the ForumGarden Olympics. Queue at the door, ladies. The honeymoon period of "I'll never coordinate a crapfest again, honest" predictably hits the irresistable buffers of gin-soaked malevolence. All change, please. End of the line.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
spot

Post by spot »

flopstock;467131 wrote: The less charitable might be tempted to point out that you show up the moment these others sign out...funny how THAT worked isn't it?:DIf they were as incapable of seeing timestamps on posts as they are in recognising a hyperlink, perhaps they might. There's a five hour gap between the last of that group and the start of this. "i watched this thread with some interest today" is a better clue to the coordinated deployment of troops, surely.
spot

Post by spot »

flopstock;467134 wrote: Jesus, Mary and Joseph...spot! Have you lost your mind? If this is how you react to gin sweetie, switch to vodka...

This is kinda off the deep end, even for you.... and although we both know I normally find that very entertaining, I'm worried ...

Are you okay darlin'?Perfectly sober thank you, flops. I even went to bed last night with an unclouded mind and a clear conscience.

Return to “Current Events”