I feel sorry for you.

Discuss the Christian Faith.
tr0lle

I feel sorry for you.

Post by tr0lle »

If a human can make a piece of coal hot enough not to burn. Couldn´t Jesus make a piece of coal his immortal body couldn´t touch without burning itself, and wouldn´t he be able to lift it without burning himself?

Jesus wasn´t God´s son. Discuss
Accountable

I feel sorry for you.

Post by Accountable »

Couldn't the guy that invented chess make a set for himself that was all queens? I mean, it was his game & he made the rules.

There are better uses for your hormones, young'un.
BabyRider

I feel sorry for you.

Post by BabyRider »

It's questions like this that give people the excuse NOT to believe in God. Yawn.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Rain

I feel sorry for you.

Post by Rain »

LOL @ Accountable :D As usual, thanx for the laugh. I needed it.
BabyRider

I feel sorry for you.

Post by BabyRider »

Rain;491611 wrote: LOL @ Accountable :D As usual, thanx for the laugh. I needed it.
Our Accountable is ALWAYS good for giggles, isn't he Rain?! We LOVE YOU, MAN!! :yh_kiss :yh_kiss
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Rain

I feel sorry for you.

Post by Rain »

Sure do :)
AussiePam

I feel sorry for you.

Post by AussiePam »

I rather liked what Acc said. Grin.

Of course on a logic issue.. would a game of chess still be a game of chess with all queens? You'd have to redefine chess. Or use another name.

A week - of logical necessity - has 7 days, because it is a definition, a tautology.

7 days = 7 days

I need coffee
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

JacksDad

I feel sorry for you.

Post by JacksDad »

tr0lle;491581 wrote: If a human can make a piece of coal hot enough not to burn. Couldn´t Jesus make a piece of coal his immortal body couldn´t touch without burning itself, and wouldn´t he be able to lift it without burning himself?

Sure He could have. Perhap's He chose not to.

Why?

Maybe to teach a man to fish instead of just giving him free fish.

What do I know.

Oh. And fix your capslock.

It seem to have gotten stuck.

Maybe less masterbating in front of your keyboard might help.
AussiePam

I feel sorry for you.

Post by AussiePam »

Is God bound by logical necessity?

Or rather, so as not to beg the question, or at least not all of it..

If there were a God, would She be bound by logical necessity?

Fibonacci

I feel sorry for you.

Post by Fibonacci »

Accountable;491600 wrote: Couldn't the guy that invented chess make a set for himself that was all queens? I mean, it was his game & he made the rules.

There are better uses for your hormones, young'un.

:wah:

Good One Acc!
The poolhall's a great equalizer. In the poolhall, nobody cares how old you are, how young you are, what color your skin is or how much money you've got in your pocket... It's about how you move. I remember this kid once who could move around a pool table like nobody had ever seen. Hour after hour, rack after rack, his shots just went in. The cue was part of his arm and the balls had eyes. And the thing that made him so good was... He thought he could never miss. I know, 'cause that kid was me.
Lulu2

I feel sorry for you.

Post by Lulu2 »

Good grief! You don't suppose this idiot thinks we're willing to buy into his thread?
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
AussiePam

I feel sorry for you.

Post by AussiePam »

We just had three drops of rain, Lulu. Possibly even four. The birds have all suddenly stopped singing. I think they're in shock. I'm going outside anyway to investigate. Let's leave whatsisname to his wankery.

Lulu2

I feel sorry for you.

Post by Lulu2 »

GREAT! This means that my RAIN DANCE is WORKING! (Tappity tappity tappity stompity stompity stompity....jumpity jumpity jumpity.....)
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
Lulu2

I feel sorry for you.

Post by Lulu2 »

COOL! The rain dance is working? TA DAHHHHH!
lady cop

I feel sorry for you.

Post by lady cop »

i've met more interesting parsnips. :rolleyes:
BabyRider

I feel sorry for you.

Post by BabyRider »

JacksDad;491627 wrote:

Maybe less masterbating in front of your keyboard might help.
Oh great, now we have issues with masturbating? Someone needs to give the biker a clue, please. :yh_bigsmi :yh_wink
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

BabyRider

I feel sorry for you.

Post by BabyRider »

lady cop;491660 wrote: i've met more interesting parsnips. :rolleyes:
That one was directed at me, wasn't it LC? :thinking: :D
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

lady cop

I feel sorry for you.

Post by lady cop »

BabyRider;491667 wrote: Thta one was directed at me, wasn't it LC? :thinking: :Dno darling girl! you're more like a lovely pomegranate bursting with juice! :p ...now they're going to think we're lesbians. :wah:
BabyRider

I feel sorry for you.

Post by BabyRider »

lady cop;491669 wrote: no darling girl! you're more like a lovely pomegranate bursting with juice! ...now they're going to think we're lesbians.
No, just like I did, I'm going to recall how I looked splattered all over the street when the drunk hit me....all bursting with "juice" and what-not. :thinking: :-3 :wah:
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Lulu2

I feel sorry for you.

Post by Lulu2 »

Oh, LORD! That's just an image a MITE more VIVID than I'd like to entertain, thankyouverymuch!
AussiePam

I feel sorry for you.

Post by AussiePam »

Barf !!!

BabyRider

I feel sorry for you.

Post by BabyRider »

Lulu2;491657 wrote: COOL! The rain dance is working? TA DAHHHHH!
Ooooh, OOOHH!!!! Can the 2-left-footed biker join in the Rain dance? I promise not to embarass you!!! :yh_bigsmi :yh_angel
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Nomad

I feel sorry for you.

Post by Nomad »

tr0lle;491581 wrote: If a human can make a piece of coal hot enough not to burn. Couldn´t Jesus make a piece of coal his immortal body couldn´t touch without burning itself, and wouldn´t he be able to lift it without burning himself?

It would be easier discussing this. What are your thoughts ?

The memories of my family outings are still a source of strength to me. I remember we'd all pile into the car - I forget what kind it was - and drive and drive. I'm not sure where we'd go, but I think there were some trees there. The smell of something was strong in the air as we played whatever sport we played. I remember a bigger, older guy we called "Dad." We'd eat some stuff, or not, and then I think we went home. I guess some things never leave you.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Nomad

I feel sorry for you.

Post by Nomad »

Diuretic;491814 wrote: Nomad - that was brilliant. Seriously. But I suspect that the original poster, if he is still visiting FG may not get it.

Im not sure I got it either but I put my own interpretation on it.

Sorry to get all serious. It might not be appropriate.

Nonsense for nonsense :D
I AM AWESOME MAN
BabyRider

I feel sorry for you.

Post by BabyRider »

Nomad;491819 wrote: Nonsense for nonsense :D
Snark. 2 points. :thinking: :D
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

tr0lle

I feel sorry for you.

Post by tr0lle »

JacksDad;491627 wrote: Sure He could have. Perhap's He chose not to.

Why?

Maybe to teach a man to fish instead of just giving him free fish.

What do I know.

Oh. And fix your capslock.

It seem to have gotten stuck.

Maybe less masturbating in front of your keyboard might help.

By Matthew 5:17-19 is that the only insult that relates to the internet? Everytime somebody that has never been on /b/ insults someone over the interbutts it´s always about wanking off.
BabyRider

I feel sorry for you.

Post by BabyRider »

tr0lle;492397 wrote: By Matthew 5:17-19 is that the only insult that relates to the internet? Everytime somebody that has never been on /b/ insults someone over the interbutts it´s always about wanking off.
Sounds like a topic you have some hefty experience in. :thinking:

Oh yeah.....*yawn* :thinking:
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

JacksDad

I feel sorry for you.

Post by JacksDad »

That was an insult?

hoohaa! You're easy.
Galbally

I feel sorry for you.

Post by Galbally »

Oh give it up will you, jaysus, "the Jesus and Coal problem", can you not even mount the argument in a better manner than that? Trolls these days, you can't get good ones anymore. :thinking:
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
BabyRider

I feel sorry for you.

Post by BabyRider »

Galbally;492555 wrote: Oh give it up will you, jaysus, "the Jesus and Coal problem", can you not even mount the argument in a better manner than that? Trolls these days, you can't get good ones anymore. :thinking:
Like I told the tro....Tr0...like I said earlier...anyone who asks inane questions like this is looking for an excuse NOT to believe in God. Which says quite a bit about a person asking the question itself, in my view. A pretty weak excuse at that. It's the best they can come up with. :thinking:
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Accountable

I feel sorry for you.

Post by Accountable »

BabyRider;492590 wrote: Like I told the tro....Tr0...like I said earlier...
:wah:
caesar777

I feel sorry for you.

Post by caesar777 »

Jesus was God's son in the same way that I am, you are and everyone else is. The miracles are irrelevant. They were invented by his early followers to make people believe but ironically nowadays they tend to put most people off.

The whole bible can be viewed like that. Take Adam and Eve, a myth which describes how when humans became intelligent (tree of knowledge representing evolution) life got harder.

View the bible along with all other myths, mankind's attempts to understand the world before science had advanced.

Read Jesus' teachings of love and ignore the stories made up about him by his followers.
caesar777

I feel sorry for you.

Post by caesar777 »

mrsK;492870 wrote: Jesus is the son of God,he did cause miracles to happen,but only through the power of of his father.

The tree of knowledge of Good & Bad was the tree that Adam & Eve ate the fruit from.They were given one commandment as a test.They couldn't handle the pressure/temptation so they had to eat the fruit.

We are still paying for that little indiscretion today.

How does that sound?:-6

It sounds like you believe mythology to be real.
AussiePam

I feel sorry for you.

Post by AussiePam »

That's a very dogmatic statement, Caesar. And you are of course entitled to your views on Christianity.

What Christians believe is set out in the Creeds we have accepted. The Bible contains lots of collected writings of varying levels of inspiration, including stories and poetry as well as accounts of the life and work of Jesus, including his miracles. We too are entitled to our beliefs.

caesar777

I feel sorry for you.

Post by caesar777 »

AussiePam;492885 wrote: That's a very dogmatic statement, Caesar. And you are of course entitled to your views on Christianity.

What Christians believe is set out in the Creeds we have accepted. The Bible contains lots of collected writings of varying levels of inspiration, including stories and poetry as well as accounts of the life and work of Jesus, including his miracles. We too are entitled to our beliefs.

Yes, you are entitled to your beliefs and I respect them. I do not agree with them however, and when asked what I think of them I reply honestly.
caesar777

I feel sorry for you.

Post by caesar777 »

mrsK;492891 wrote: I don't think I said that"" I believed that"",your assumption:-6

I have reread & I can't find anything to say I believed :-6

My apologies. I should have said, "It sounds like anyone who believes this believes mythology to be real".
AussiePam

I feel sorry for you.

Post by AussiePam »

What was the first thing Adam and Eve were recorded as doing after they had eaten the fruit of the tree? They realised they were naked and covered themselves up. Self awareness and sexuality, very likely.

Return to “Christianity”